CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact is that today, many mothers want to have careers. It’s important to stick to the facts that make PF suspicious rather than find ways to blame KB and PF regarding their parenting.

I think it’s important to stick to the facts of the case rather than bash KB for having a job, her custody arrangement with PF, and jump to conclusions about PF using his daughter as a “prop” rather than simply completing his share of parenting duties.

KB has been a hard working mother and that has nothing to do with how she felt about her daughter and I don’t agree with speculating on that.

The fact is that today, many mothers want to have careers. It’s important to stick to the facts that make PF suspicious rather than find ways to blame KB and PF regarding their parenting.

I think it’s important to stick to the facts of the case rather than bash KB for having a job, her custody arrangement with PF, and jump to conclusions about PF using his daughter as a “prop” rather than simply completing his share of parenting duties.

Agreed. No one judges fathers for long hours to provide for their families and there is absolutely no reason a father can’t be the primary caregiver just as well as the mother. Whatever people decide works for their family shouldn’t be subject to criticism.

I had a run in with my local post office over my dogs. I switched to a PO Box a county over just bc I no longer wanted to do business with my local one. Just pointing out that there can be various reasons people might choose to go elsewhere that don’t really prove or disprove anything.

As far as PF not coming forward bc it may bring out details that don’t jive with a story that KB was telling relatives, it’s just hard for me to accept that possibility. If I’m the “logical” suspect in a disappearance, I’m going to be as upfront as I possibly can be- assuming I’m not guilty. Obv JMO but I’m not going to make myself look more guilty to protect someone else’s false narrative.

Correct. But we do not know what he has said to LE or his attorney. At all. But for now, he’s getting a trial by sensnsational media and the country because he’s not out there in MSM giving his side. We are not privy to certain conversations so our couriosity is judging him. We are filling in blanks at the moment.

Correct. But we do not know what he has said to LE or his attorney. At all. But for now, he’s getting a trial by sensnsational media and the country because he’s not out there in MSM giving his side. We are not privy to certain conversations so our couriosity is judging him. We are filling in blanks at the moment.

Good point.

frazee-neighbor-dig-ugc-mo-20181216_hpMain_4x3_992.jpg

Someone asked earlier if this building is on PF's property. It's actually Grange Hall, a former one room school house. It's used as a community center. LE is staging there as it's just down the road from PF's property.

I am curious if PF shares KB's religious beleifs. If not, could this be a source of contention?

I think this could be a good point in terms of why it appears he’s not allowing maternal gma to see K. He may have felt judged, etc. I’m not saying that would be a good reason to keep her from gma but some people are just like that.

KB has been a hard working mother and that has nothing to do with how she felt about her daughter and I don’t agree with speculating on that.

At least four different relatives have said it is out of character for Kelsey to take off and/or that she’s never done this before.
MOO

I travel 5 days a week for work. I’m a mom. My youngest is now a high school senior. It works for me and my ex. And our co-parenting. Does this stop the gossip and family judging, nope. Especially my sister and mom. So, the less information I provide the better. There are times I need to stay away for a couple weeks. Do they know? No. I provide just enough information to keep them off my back. The narrative they know, is different than the reality. Am I less of a mom? No. Quality not quantity. But, there might be things they are unaware of...

Last edited:
I don't agree that any trial by the media (sensationalistic or not) is merely because he hasn't been present in the media. There are many other factors that have caused people to be suspicious. Heck, just statistics alone speak volumes - the fact that he's her significant other and the last person to see her. Speaking for myself, it is not my curiosity judging him, but logic.
MOO

Not to belabor a point but has ANYONE heard from PFs parents? It wouldn't be the first time parents helped offspring. I can find nothing about them speaking here in Colo
To my knowledge, neither PF or any of his relatives have assisted in the search for Kelsey or advocated for her safe return.
MOO

I travel 5 days a week for work. I’m a mom. My youngest is now a high school senior. It works for me and my ex. And our co-parenting. Does this stop the gossip and family judging, nope. Especially my sister and mom. So, the less information I provide the better. There are times I need to stay away for a couple weeks. Do they know? No. I provide just enough information to keep them off my back. The narrative they know, is different than the realty. Am I less of a mom? No. Quality not quantity. But, there might be things they are unaware of...
Sorry your family is judgemental. Kelsey's family doesn't appear to be that way. They've been described as close-knit. Her mother spoke to her twice on the day she was last seen and IIRC, she spoke with her brother several times a week.

Pasco relatives pray for miracle as search continues for missing Colorado mother
"They're a very close-knit family. That's why I don't believe she'd just..." Garretson paused mid-sentence to wipe away tears. "She's got to see people are looking for her. She wouldn't put them through that."

Her cousin says taking off isn't like her, that's why they're so worried.

"There's no reason to think she intentionally is gone," said her cousin.
MOO

I’m a bit confused by this. What interest would the grandma have in seeing her out of the picture? Can you clarify?

The only interest I could see was if KB took a job somewhere else and planned to move with the baby. And if they are underwater on the farm, they couldn’t easily follow her...

KB couldn’t have moved with the baby. All the dad would have had to do is get a court order stopping it, pending an official parenting plan, if one didn’t exist. If she had, she would have been required to move back once he did go to court because that court has jurisdiction over the baby. There is NO EVIDENCE or any indication that KB was planning to move and take the baby away from her dad and family. None.

I don't agree that any trial by the media (sensationalistic or not) is merely because he hasn't been present in the media. There are many other factors that have caused people to be suspicious. Heck, just statistics alone speak volumes - the fact that he's her significant other and the last person to see her. Speaking for myself, it is not my curiosity judging him, but logic.
MOO

I agree, statistically we have an idea where this is going. We’ve seen it many times. But, I can see after the Chris watts media circus and outcome, they’d shy away from MSM. I would. Plus, ranchers and farmers tend to be insular and private. For the most part. IMOO

MOO
Exactly. The #1 thing that makes me suspicious is the fact that he did not report her missing after not seeing her for 10 days. He is responsible for his actions and inactions, not the media.

KB couldn’t have moved with the baby. All the dad would have had to do is get a court order stopping it, pending an official parenting plan, if one didn’t exist. If she had, she would have been required to move back once he did go to court because that court has jurisdiction over the baby. There is NO EVIDENCE or any indication that KB was planning to move and take the baby away from her dad and family. None.

You are correct. There is no evidence, but the last time I checked Websleuths, we are free to throw ideas out there if it might help with the case. We also can be respectful to ideas and opinions. Please flag my quote if you feel it is against policy. Otherwise, no need to bold and be rude. Thanks.

Sorry your family is judgemental. Kelsey's family doesn't appear to be that way. They've been described as close-knit. Her mother spoke to her twice on the day she was last seen and IIRC, she spoke with her brother several times a week.

Pasco relatives pray for miracle as search continues for missing Colorado mother
"They're a very close-knit family. That's why I don't believe she'd just..." Garretson paused mid-sentence to wipe away tears. "She's got to see people are looking for her. She wouldn't put them through that."

Her cousin says taking off isn't like her, that's why they're so worried.

"There's no reason to think she intentionally is gone," said her cousin.
MOO

I guess I’m having issues conveying what I’m trying to say. I don’t disagree that they are not close. I don’t disagree that her taking off is out of character. Obviously, something bad happened. Not like she is partying in Mexico. What I was trying to convey, is they might it be privy to her whole life...that’s all. And to be honest, while statistically he looks suspect, it’s also not a bad idea to look at other things as well. In case she is out there...needing help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PurplePoloBear