CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back in Thread 5 someone asked why someone hasn’t been called A Person of Interest.

A smart police chief or Sheriff will never name any figure in a case a POI unless he is a fugitive and needs the publics help in finding him. Of course he would not call anyone a suspect unless there was an outstanding warrant.

The reason is that if it turns out later that someone else committed the crime and was arrested his attorneys would have a field day in court asking the detectives why they named someone else as a POI or suspect. It can be quite embarrassing and plant a seed of doubt in the minds of the jury.

My thinking has been that this relationship was on its last legs, if it wasn’t altogether over at the point she disappeared.

Another love interest could be in play, but I’m not sure that things suddenly changed on account of this third party.

I still think that this all comes down to the child.

I could certainly be wrong on this.

That's been my take on the motive from the beginning. I think the reason KB bought her home in May was to get away from a relationship that was controlling and emotionally abusive. Her parents helped her make the purchase and PF possibly has a festering resentment toward them. He knew KB would be talking to them on Thanksgiving.

I think PF picked up both the child and KB at her house under the pretext they were going to dinner. A neighbor may have seen them get into his truck and that's why his truck was seized.

If the child were not the motive, she would be seeing her maternal grandmother in a supervised setting such as his attorney's office.

JMO

Apparently KB & PF had an on/off relationship (but has not been confirmed).

Maybe KB was seeing other people but never ruled out making things work with PF? Perhaps KB had been the one “carrying” PF and the baby financially and was hoping he’d get his finances in order. KB’s mother mentioned things not going to plan because of PF’s finances.

A possibility is that she was actively dating when PF had the baby in his custody. She could have met someone online given that she was very busy with work and being a mom. It’s also possible that PF was jealous because of this. I could see PF feeling “emasculated” and getting jealous of KB possibly dating other people while leaving him with a baby and complaining about him not making enough money.

Without hearing more about KB from LE, it’s very hard to speculate since there are so many possibilities.

Or if she was dating someone else, the new SO may have gotten jealous over PF and it escalated. Or maybe she ended things with a new guy as well.

That's been my take on the motive from the beginning. I think the reason KB bought her home in May was to get away from a relationship that was controlling and emotionally abusive. Her parents helped her make the purchase and PF possibly has a festering resentment toward them. He knew KB would be talking to them on Thanksgiving.

I think PF picked up both the child and KB at her house under the pretext they were going to dinner. A neighbor may have seen them get into his truck and that's why his truck was seized.

If the child were not the motive, she would be seeing her maternal grandmother in a supervised setting such as his attorney's office.

JMO

We don’t know the relationship between maternal grandmother and the baby though. What if there wasn’t one?

which is so utterly terrifying. you could think a guy is nice and good looking -- i'll admit strictly on looks alone if i didn't know them, i'd think chris watts and ted bundy were quite handsome...and well, exhibit a and b that evil can be wrapped up in a pretty package.
The pig farmer looked “creepy” to many people in Mollie’s case and was completely innocent.

Exactly. The most bothersome part for me is the way he has handled the search for her. Namely, doing absolutely nothing.

He didn’t report her missing, that’s bad.

But making no effort to find her in the early days, after the report was filed, doesn’t make a lot of sense.

At a bare minimum he’s only concerned about himself.

That’s the worst part, and the most telling part.

@MassGuy, logically, I think we are at the same point. Specifically if she had done it before (disappeared), but this time it has lasted for too long and no one can find her (I assume they have ruled out rehabs and inpatient facilities by now), there are two options.

A) PF sincerely does not know, but doesn't care, either. This would tell us that in his mind, it is easier to raise the kid without the mom in view, perhaps find a step mom, eventually, and be done with the drama. At best, it is egotistical and self-serving. Because what if KB is alive and held captive somewhere? The country is full of weirdest people.

B) (Sadly, I am thinking it is the more likely version).

PF knows only too well that KB is not going to be found, that time is not an essence, that she is not being held captive somewhere. Whatever happened was, most likely, an accident, but now he is scared, mortally scared.

It is possible that his first reaction was wrong, that instead of calling 911, he called someone and got a bad advise. And now he can't get out of the situation.

It is likely that the recent trial of Watts has scared him.

As I think, he is not Watts, even remotely so. In my mind, I think it was an accidental domestic violence gone wrong.

And now he does not know how to get out of it.

The longer it lasts, the higher the risk of him harming himself. I don't feel he is a person without morals or remorse. In fact, I am concerned for this, because give or take, as of today, unless KB is found safe, he is the only parent.

I believe I’ve read within the threads that KB and PF lived approximately 15 min apart, yet separate towns. If I understand correctly PF lives in a rural area? In many rural areas residents have no other option other than a PO Box to receive mail from USPS. I think it’s been posted that KB had a postal address with a PO Box in the town that PF resides in? That leads me to wonder if at one point KB may have been living at PF’s residence?? If so, when and why did the change occur?

My thoughts exactly

RSBM for focus. I don't think that is necessarily true. I believe KB depended on PF greatly to help with child care, but KB imo is a financially independent woman.
I agree with you and don’t think you understand what I meant.

Right now and for who knows how long, PF is the only parent financially caring for KB. Hurting PF’s business is only going to hurt their child.

I believe KB was a typical working mother of today who was financially independent and enjoyed her career.

I’m trying to hard to keep all possibilities open and am not ruling out things like post-partum depression, random perp, etc. It’s easy to rush to conclusions when not a lot of information on KB has been released by LE.

Honestly, many people in my peer group can do naive things when dating and many use Tinder. Some people treat Tinder as a dating app for long term relationships and some men (and women) only want to hook up. I am married and in my 20s now. Women don’t always tell other people where we are going for a date, anything about who we are meeting, and many of us have gotten into a car with men we didn’t know. It’s not safe but there is a lot of shame for women when they date around. I always would TRY to tell a friend or family member via text as much information as possible on a date.

I was raised as a Catholic, am a Christian, but “hook up” culture and sex outside of marriage is socially accepted now and commonplace. However, women still face shame and because of this, tend to hide things that could end up dangerous.

In fact, I have a (female) friend who is a church-going Christian that had an affair. I think I was the only person she told. Hooking up and having affairs is unfortunately, more common (and easier) as well. Look at someone like Josh Duggar. Men and women can be conservative Christians, church-going, but feel the need to hide things they’d be shamed for that could end up dangerous.

I am not saying that any of this has been the case for KB. I am only providing insight of the typical dating habits for women within my peer group today. All we know is that KB wasn’t happy in her intimate relationship with PF. It’s logical to wonder if she was exploring other options by going on dates when he had the baby.

Last edited:
We don’t really know anything about any of the relationships here, let alone that particular one.

Which I don’t really understand. I’m not sure how the case could possibly be hurt by saying the relationship between her mom and the baby. That seems like something that wouldn’t really have any way of being sensitive, unless it was a sudden shift in relationship

Imo they released that to establish the last solid evidence of her whereabouts.
I think you're right. And it was just enough to possibly jog someone's memory of seeing her that day in the store. Perhaps someone had a conversation with her in the check-out line or saw her talking to someone in the parking lot, etc.

But, still, I want to know what she bought! :)

jmo

She walked in with the baby in a car seat.
She is how old?
After my kids were able to sit up, there is no way I would have taken the car seat in as well.
Car seat is required by law for a child to be transported in.
We have no video of her leaving the store.
With or without the baby.
I find that very odd!
For those of you who are co-parenting an infant/toddler, how does that work with the car seat.
Do each of you have your own and just hand the child to it's other parent, or do you both have a base in your vehicle and each of you have a "base" to snap it into?
There is also the 3rd option, one parent has the seat and base and the other parent uses the seat with a seat belt only.

Two things that are bugging me.
A.- why no video of her leaving the store and/or getting into her car with the child.
B.- why is still being called the finacé if there is ANY proof that there was no date set, dress bought or any other plans being made.

A piece of the puzzle is missing here. Why?
What are we not being told/shown and why???

I'm also curious, where is the car seat we saw at the store? Could it have evidence on it?
Moo

Which I don’t really understand. I’m not sure how the case could possibly be hurt by saying the relationship between her mom and the baby. That seems like something that wouldn’t really have any way of being sensitive, unless it was a sudden shift in relationship
But that is just to satisfy our curiosity. How would it help find her or what happened to her to know about the baby's relationship with CB?

I'm not sure KB and her mom texted each other. I'm thinking they called each other and spoke on the phone. That's a hunch, not fact. It's easier to send a text from someone's phone pretending to be that person, but you can't fake a phone call - hence, mom wasn't contacted.

jmo, hunch
BBM
I was just typing this as I saw your post, ITA. There hasn't been confirmation of what exactly these text messages said has there?

I don't know if PF is involved at this point, not enough information IMO. He sure isn't helping matters by at least not sitting down with LE & his attorney, but then he did give them his phone, dna and photos.

If he had suspicious activity on his phone, ie factory reset, day(s) no activity, sudden flurry of activity before/after TG that would have been noticed by LE.

They did obtain a search warrant so there is something that caused a judge to sign off?!

MOO

That's what they say but the only source that is provided is ABC news which said digging equipment was "seen on the property."
I guess what is important is the fact that they didn't find any evidence. I wonder why they didn't spend the whole 3 days there?
I beleive that LE said they did not find Kelsey. Not that they did not find anything evidence wise. I think the news reporting is a bit careless in some details from some outlets.

She walked in wowi the baby in a carseat.
She is how old?
After my kids were able to sit up, there is no way I would have taken the car seat in as well.
Car seat is required by law for a child to be transported in.
We have no video of her leaving the store.
With or without the baby.
I find that very odd!
For those of you who are co-parenting an infant/toddler, how does that work with the car seat.
Do each of you have your own and just hand the child to it's other parent, or do you both have a base in your vehicle and each of you have a "base" to snap it into?
There is also the 3rd option, one parent has the seat and base and the other parent uses the seat with a seat belt only.

Two things that are bugging me.
A.- why no video of her leaving the store and/or getting into her car with the child.
B.- why is still being called the finacé if there is ANY proof that there was no date set, dress bought or any other plans being made.

A piece of the puzzle is missing here. Why?
What are we not being told/shown and why???
Moo
She may have been asleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members