OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#38

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

But LE would look if they had a search warrant, wouldn't they? That's why I am wondering if Billy or one of the others may have stashed something in Fred's storage building or attic before they left for AK. The reason I ask, is they said they found the suppressor 10-31-18 right after they searched the FWF for a third time. At least according to locals they searched it a third time around that date, then wallah they release to the media they found a suppressor. Kind of makes me think the W4's may have stashed the suppressor on her place.

Also I think they may have found some of the materials used to build the suppressor when they searched the trailers right after the 4W's left for AK

JMO

Absolutely. If they had a search warrant that applied to that home, and all of its contents, then yes, they could, and would.

I believe Mark Collins represented Joel Jenkins in his murder trial that was reduced way down. Joel got his gun from junk, in this incident according to area news reports . I believe Bw attorney is also Mark Collins. Can anyone confirm they have the same attorney? Jmo

Last edited:
I believe Mark Collins represented Joel Jenkins in his murder trial that was reduced way down. Joel got his gun from junk in this incident according to area. I believe Bw attorney is also Mark Collins. Can anyone confirm they have the same attorney? Jmo

He is, along with Tom Hayes. Idk if they are in fact the same person.

Imagine trying to come up with mitigating factors for any of the 4, should they actually go to trial & get the DP.

I suppose for the boys a few might be found. Perhaps, their youth or their childhood tribulations.

But for mom & dad. Hmmmmmmmm

What if the boys did it, and along about the time they dropped everything and moved, the parents found out and whisked them off to AK. I doubt this is the case but, the two boys are almost Irish Twins. Could be very close. The only real friend the other had?

What if the boys did it, and along about the time they dropped everything and moved, the parents found out and whisked them off to AK. I doubt this is the case but, the two boys are almost Irish Twins. Could be very close. The only real friend the other had?

I know. We are clueless. Your post is just another possibility. As good as any. None of us know. But, the indictments do have all 4 at the scene. But, like you said, the two boys could have tip-toed out of the house, AW/G3 hear something & follow, or???? Literally, we don’t know. No one, including the DA knows. They know more, obviously. Not enough tho to distinguish who did what. Some cases with multiple defendants will be worded “defendant & his co-defendant/s”. But in this, they’re all the same other than the sex charge on JW.

I think AW instilled the “friendlessness” in them at an early age. Home schooling is tough on kids in rural areas. They only have each other to play with. Unlike living in a subdivision. It seems it’s always been just the 4 of them.
Probably going to the R’s was “fun”, for JW. A lot of people around, different than what he was accustomed to.

The DP is only a consideration due to the nature of the crimes meeting the criteria to be considered aggravated/capital, correct? Even if only one person had been murdered, the criteria might still be met.
Personally, I think the threat of the DP looming, will illicit some pleas & bargaining. Why wouldn’t the state love guilty pleas in exchange for LWOP sentences?
I read most Ohio cases tried as DP cases DO NOT end the way prosecutors hope. Even if the jury recommends DP, it’s ultimately up to the Judge.
Just my opinion.

Adding to my post. I think, w/o plea deals, these cases will never be “over”. If convicted & sentenced to DR, it’s going to be appeal, appeal, appeal for decades. Testimony will vacillate, witnesses will forget things, key players will die, etc., resulting in one huge chaotic mess for Ohio.

I perked up when I saw him, but I didn't hear him speak to this case. He was speaking to the region and the influx of scrip opiates and the resulting destruction.

Tysm. Well had he addressed this case, it wouldn’t have been anything new.

I think G3 knows very, very, well what is going on. He may not be an educated man, but I don't think that makes him stupid. Has he and his family made stupid decisions? Yes. Pre-meditated murder is more than stupid. Heinous. That's still different than being mentally disabled. I see stupid decisions made by, what I'd call, relatively intelligent individuals, every day.

Speaking as to whether Billy is the mastermind of the whole operation, if you will note what his attorney said when the issue of bail came up. He said "I think it is in my clients best interests that he pass on bail." or something to that effect. Meaning it would be safer for him in jail than out there with all those RMG's. None of the other W's attorney phrased it as in their best interest not to be bonded out. In fact George's attorney argued quite fiercely for bond for him. It kind of said to me that the R, M, and G's blame Billy more than any of the others. Put that way, maybe the RMG families think Billy is the mastermind and the others went along with him.

JMO

I agree, for the most part, but I think maybe only one of them killed someone, or possibly two of them. They weren't found out, so between years of skimming by, and, theory only, possibly having killed someone in the past too, they thought they could pull this off if they all stuck together. Someone told someone else. Could JW have confided in his new bride? He did get married didn't he, or was that rumor? I've not seen hide nor hair of her.

I have seen no proof the JW's new girlfriend/fiancée/wife ever really existed. In the short time they were in Alaska, I don't see how she could have known him well enough that she would have gotten engaged to him. I'm not sure he had time to meet someone...

Speaking as to whether Billy is the mastermind of the whole operation, if you will note what his attorney said when the issue of bail came up. He said "I think it is in my clients best interests that he pass on bail." or something to that effect. Meaning it would be safer for him in jail than out there with all those RMG's. None of the other W's attorney phrased it as in their best interest not to be bonded out. In fact George's attorney argued quite fiercely for bond for him. It kind of said to me that the R, M, and G's blame Billy more than any of the others. Put that way, maybe the RMG families think Billy is the mastermind and the others went along with him.

JMO

I remember that. I also remember that, & Idk if it was TR or BR, but it looked like he was trying to bore a hole straight through GW3, using only his eyes.

I have seen no proof the JW's new girlfriend/fiancée/wife ever really existed. In the short time they were in Alaska, I don't see how she could have known him well enough that she would have gotten engaged to him. I'm not sure he had time to meet someone...

Agree, as of right now, I consider her existence a rumor. I'd love to know if she is in fact real though!

I think it was in one of the news articles done while they were in AK. It said something about Jake being engaged to a girl. Maybe someone remembers which one it was,

Anything is possible. We just don’t know. Darn it.
I did catch the prosecutor using “conversations” (plural), so evidently it’s not a one time event.
Know that LE was two steps ahead of the Wags before they arrived to their next destination. Homes were wired and their most private meetings were recorded. That’s why they keep referring to Informant/CI, they were wired for sound.

I spent two hours of my evening looking for the elusive “bride”. No luck. IMO, if such a gal exists & she was interested, time mattered none.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shaunie