CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mentioned this yesterday, if I was in PFs current situation, especially if I knew I had done nothing wrong, I would do almost everything the same way he has done. I would not want to be anymore front and center than I know I am going to be, without giving any statements or speaking directly to anyone at length. I would know that most folks immediately consider me the primary suspect, no matter what. I would know the media is going to be parked in front of my home. I would know anything I said or did was going to be picked apart and spun out to the masses by every expert, every human being that had knowledge of the case. If I had a 15 month old to care for, knowing after all of it was over, I was going to be responsible for raising and providing for my child for years to come, I would do everything I could to maintain my work, business, etc. I would want to do these things as out of sight as I could. Just because he is not doing or saying what the public thinks he should be doing or saying in all of this does not make any of it wrong. What he has done has been safe and the path of least resistance for him and what might be happening on his side of the street.

I am not saying that I believe this guy has done nothing wrong. I am saying that I have no idea one way or the other. Because of that, I do not feel it is productive or helpful to convince myself that one particular thing has to be true. Especially when I have a pile of conflicting information and a bunch of peoples assumptions to go on.
Aabbbsutwly after with everything you’ve said. It doesn’t matter how many times it’s said, people are outraged. He Had been judged guilty buy a lot of people it seems.

They had to get enough probable cause to search the house, the property and the truck and to impound the truck though. So I don’t believe they would do that strictly to put pressure on him, though I do believe LEs is choosing there words very carefully and trying to persuade him to sit down with them.

People are making assumptions that PF is involved somehow because he was the last one to see her and didn’t even report her missing. It’s just bizarre. There’s certainly a chance he’s not involved but I don’t think it’s likely. [BWhy wouldn’t he report her missing? [/B]Why won’t he speak to the media or LE, and why won’t he let her mother see the child?
Probable cause could be a bit thin like finding his fingerprints in her car, PF making a mistake in something he said, a witness who claimed to have seen something.

I am already wondering if KB's own family have irreparably damaged any potential future case with all of their conflicting statements creating reasonable doubt.

Why should PF report her missing? There is an assumption that he caused her disappearance, but he may not have thought of her as missing. Why didn't her family report her missing for so long?

Why should he let her family see the baby? Have they ever spent time with the baby? Does the baby even know them? Forget the needs of the MGM - what benefits the baby but to be with the same people she is usually with PF/SF?

I mentioned this yesterday, if I was in PFs current situation, especially if I knew I had done nothing wrong, I would do almost everything the same way he has done. I would not want to be anymore front and center than I know I am going to be, without giving any statements or speaking directly to anyone at length. I would know that most folks immediately consider me the primary suspect, no matter what. I would know the media is going to be parked in front of my home. I would know anything I said or did was going to be picked apart and spun out to the masses by every expert, every human being that had knowledge of the case. If I had a 15 month old to care for, knowing after all of it was over, I was going to be responsible for raising and providing for my child for years to come, I would do everything I could to maintain my work, business, etc. I would want to do these things as out of sight as I could. Just because he is not doing or saying what the public thinks he should be doing or saying in all of this does not make any of it wrong. What he has done has been safe and the path of least resistance for him and what might be happening on his side of the street.

I am not saying that I believe this guy has done nothing wrong. I am saying that I have no idea one way or the other. Because of that, I do not feel it is productive or helpful to convince myself that one particular thing has to be true. Especially when I have a pile of conflicting information and a bunch of peoples assumptions to go on.

It's one thing to accept lawyer's advice and not incriminate yourself. But yelling at the press, saying 'Get OFF my property', when they are asking about a missing woman, the mother of your child' ....that is not a good look.

He could have handled that much better, in my opinion. And he could have sat down with the investigators, who are trying to find this poor woman, but had his attorneys along to protect him. Why can't he answer basic questions, if he hs nothing to hide?

It's one thing to accept lawyer's advice and not incriminate yourself. But yelling at the press, saying 'Get OFF my property', when they are asking about a missing woman, the mother of your child' ....that is not a good look.

He could have handled that much better, in my opinion. And he could have sat down with the investigators, who are trying to find this poor woman, but had his attorneys along to protect him. Why can't he answer basic questions, if he hs nothing to hide?

Yes,it's not the lawyering up that shifts my hinky meter-it's the other actions in context with that.

So I want to be clear, I think it is likely PF is involved.

But I think it’s dangerous to make assumptions based on him being unwelcoming toward reporters.

What if, hypothetically, he is innocent? Then he is in a really tough place, right? Someone he once cared about or currently cares about is unexplainably gone and he is being blamed. His whole family is under scrutiny and are likely being analyzed by their hometown community. He is suddenly a single parent responsible for raising a baby on his own.

He has made it clear that he is choosing not to talk to the media and it appears he is trying to keep his child sheltered from the chaos on his private property. But the media comes on to his private property, basically taking the one shred of normalcy he has left by invading his land and space he calls home.

This is all deeply emotional stuff no one expects to face.

I am just saying...even if I were innocent, I would tell the media to get off my property too.

But I think it’s dangerous to make assumptions based on him being unwelcoming toward reporters.

What if, hypothetically, he is innocent? Then he is in a really tough place, right? Someone he once cared about or currently cares about is unexplainably gone and he is being blamed. His whole family is under scrutiny and are likely being analyzed by their hometown community. He is suddenly a single parent responsible for raising a baby on his own.

He has made it clear that he is choosing not to talk to the media and it appears he is trying to keep his child sheltered from the chaos on his private property. But the media comes on to his private property, basically taking the one shred of normalcy he has left by invading his land and space he calls home.

I am just saying...even if I were innocent, I would tell the media to get off my property too.
uesss! Very much this!

Yes,it's not the lawyering up that shifts my hinky meter-it's the other actions in context with that.
He’s said nothing, he’s done nothing that cannot be explained pretty easily if you’re willing to be open to it Not being him. But I can’t argue with that hinky
meter you have. ;)

He’s said nothing, he’s done nothing that cannot be explained pretty easily if you’re willing to be open to it Not being him. But I can’t argue with that hinky
meter you have. ;)

I am open to other ideas. Without additional information, though, it's all pretty much speculation at this point.

If he is innocent, even more reason to try and help find this missing woman, mother of his only child.

I find it hard to believe that he is trying to 'keep his child sheltered from the chaos' ----considering he has been carrying her around like a loaf of bread, to the attorneys office and back, in front of the press and the crowds. Was that really necessary?

Nothing wrong with wanting the press to leave, but he could have done so with less aggression and negativity.

He is in the situation he is now because he didn't speak up, long ago, when the mother of his child first went missing. I find it hard to believe that it was 'normal' for her to not check in on her baby girl. JMO, MOO

He could have handled that much better. ...RSBM...
LOL. You should hear what I say to soliciting pests at my gate! I just watched that clip where he tells the reporter he is on private property and I cannot fathom the outrage of commenters. I would have taken my phone out and dialed 911 to report a trespasser, and maybe one of my dogs would have accidently slipped loose... Private property is exactly what it's called.

1. This particular case seems to be loaded with statements being made and words being used to elicit a response or reaction from someone or a group of people. I am choosing to take the word "suspicious" as, "we have no idea what happened."

2. There has been more than one incident, fairly recently, when a commercial pilot flew a commercial airliner, full of people, into the ground or into the side of a mountain. For example...

"He was 27, loved to fly and apparently raised no suspicions or showed obvious signs that he was troubled."

This is the opening paragraph of a story about Andreas Lubitz. A commercial pilot that killed 150 passengers when he intentionally flew an Airbus into a mountainside in the French Alps.

Pilots, professional or otherwise are human beings too.

3. I personally have no clue as to what kind of people KB, PF, the mother, brother, police chief, anyone involved in this thing really are. Very little information provided make any sense when I piece it all together. None of us knows much of anything about any of this.

Someone here stated that KB was obviously the more responsible adult because she purchased the home she lived in. How does anyone of us know details of her home purchase? Lol. Maybe she inherited some money that allowed her to buy that place. Who knows? It was stated here that PF was more likely to have mental issues because anyone his age that lives with their mother must have issues! My mother lived with me for a long period of time after she fell and broke her leg. She was old and needed help. Maybe it's his home and the mother lives with him for whatever reason.

I guess I'm growing tired of seeing the same assumptions being made over and over in this case. I feel like making assumptions, being completely convinced one particular person is the only person who could've done something wrong, makes it almost impossible to see other legitimate possibilities in something like this. I have no clue what happened in this thing. I do not feel like I have any truly reliable and without a doubt information to lead me in one direction or another. And, with each day that passes the less sense any of this makes.
5 million likes.

Maybe KB could have sent the text messages herself

For example

(1) On Thanksgiving, Her phone is in airplane mode

(2) She types the two messages

(3) Is depressed, so she turns her phone off

(4) Decides to take a walk

(5) Meets her fate

(6) Attacker steals her purse

(7) Attacker uses her cash for gas money

(8) 3 days later, In Idaho, tosses phone out the window

(9) Phone turns on, due to impact, messages send

What I am saying is ... this ping thing, could have LE looking in the wrong place.

If he is innocent, even more reason to try and help find this missing woman, mother of his only child.

I find it hard to believe that he is trying to 'keep his child sheltered from the chaos' ----considering he has been carrying her around like a loaf of bread, to the attorneys office and back, in front of the press and the crowds. Was that really necessary?

Nothing wrong with wanting the press to leave, but he could have done so with less aggression and negativity.

He is in the situation he is now because he didn't speak up, long ago, when the mother of his child first went missing. I find it hard to believe that it was 'normal' for her to not check in on her baby girl. JMO, MOO

Again, I think it’s one of the most likely scenarios that he is involved.

But right now, there’s no sign of struggle and no evidence of a crime and he has no criminal record. What if he’s an innocent farmer who is taking his child with him because he genuinely believes that’s the best way he can protect her? What if he needed her to go to his lawyer’s that day so she could be examined by a health official or so a paternity test could be conducted?

Life on the farm hasn’t trained him for being in the spotlight. He isn’t experienced in seeing the optics. If any one of us finds ourselves in a situation where we are innocent and this occurs, it’d be unrealistic to think our biggest concern would be keeping “the right” tone of voice with the media. Even if he’s innocent, he’s probably exhausted and emotional and stretched thin. Is he never allowed a moment of impatience or intolerance as the world picks him apart?

Yes, I get it. LE considers the whole thing to be suspicious—suspicious enough to search his property. And I fully understand he is likely to be involved.

But LE has also said thing she like, if Kelsey is okay and just wants to be gone, to let them know. And Kelsey’s mom has said she thinks her daughter is out there and someone knows something. And the aunt is asking truckers to keep an eye out for her. And the cousin says it’s a long story that will make sense when it comes out.
So to me, it still seems possible there is another explanation that may surprise us.

He took the baby to his rodeo competition in front of all those people. Was she just a prop there, too? Maybe he carries her everywhere all the time.

Probable cause could be a bit thin like finding his fingerprints in her car, PF making a mistake in something he said, a witness who claimed to have seen something.

I am already wondering if KB's own family have irreparably damaged any potential future case with all of their conflicting statements creating reasonable doubt.

Why should PF report her missing? There is an assumption that he caused her disappearance, but he may not have thought of her as missing. Why didn't her family report her missing for so long?

Why should he let her family see the baby? Have they ever spent time with the baby? Does the baby even know them? Forget the needs of the MGM - what benefits the baby but to be with the same people she is usually with PF/SF?
Except one of the people she is usually with disappeared under suspicious circumstances. The bond between a mother and child is unique and to think this baby's life will not be affected is naive. Prayers for her and her wellbeing.
JMO, MOO, etc

He took the baby to his rodeo competition in front of all those people. Was she just a prop there, too? Maybe he carries her everywhere all the time.
Right, we don’t “officially” know yet what the caregiving relationship was like, but it’s been suggested that he and his mother may be the one who took care of the baby to allow Kelsey to work. I haven’t seen this confirmed, but if it turns out to be true, then was that all a part of his clever ruse to show the future media he was a good dad...or could he possibly be a good father?

I’m not saying I know. I was about 70/30 on him being involved vs another explanation. But if they didn’t find any incriminating evidence in the search of his property (and this is yet to be seen), I am going to revise to like 60/40. We need witnesses and video footage that can place PF and Kelsey on a timeline or at a location after Safeway from the 22-25th.

What if PF hired someone, had someone else do something to KB? Someone that took her, her phone, purse, had the phone ping in Idaho? And disappeared (for now)?
Lots of reasons make me uneasy about PF, and clues IMO lead to a sudden interruption of routine that Thanksgiving day.
I wish I knew the history of the couple's relationship, how they met, etc.

I’ve seen a few statements that almost seem annoyed with the VI for not popping in to chitchat.

First of all, she never had to be here to begin with.

Second of all, she may have been told not to discuss anything.

Thirdly, I would imagine she’s pretty distraught over her niece’s disappearance. I don’t know that answering questions here would even be on my radar at this point.

I just really don’t want her to return and read comments that almost seem entitled to her presence. She’s in a living hell right now.

MOO.

Agreed. Sure, I would like to hear some questions answered, but no one involved in this case owes us or the media or social media any information. Not either family or party, not their communities or employers or relatives. They need to share what they know with LE. After that, who they decide to talk to is their free choice.

I am not expecting them to find any incriminating evidence on the ranch. There has been more than enough time for things to be cleaned up and disposed of, put in order.
Agreed. I grew up in rural country and there are lots of places to hide things out there, so even if the farm was the scene of the crime, it may be next to impossible to prove it this many days later.

But also, they may not find anything on the farm bc the other possibility is it wasn’t the scene of the crime...or no one from the farm was even involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member