CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I want to be clear, I think it is likely PF is involved.

But I think it’s dangerous to make assumptions based on him being unwelcoming toward reporters.

What if, hypothetically, he is innocent? Then he is in a really tough place, right? Someone he once cared about or currently cares about is unexplainably gone and he is being blamed. His whole family is under scrutiny and are likely being analyzed by their hometown community. He is suddenly a single parent responsible for raising a baby on his own.

He has made it clear that he is choosing not to talk to the media and it appears he is trying to keep his child sheltered from the chaos on his private property. But the media comes on to his private property, basically taking the one shred of normalcy he has left by invading his land and space he calls home.

This is all deeply emotional stuff no one expects to face.

I am just saying...even if I were innocent, I would tell the media to get off my property too.
PF pointed across the green gate and said "This is private property", "This is a private road". I see more diversion here. The land on the other side of the green gate is probably his private property, but the road is probably not his private property since 35 acres is not a very big piece of land. I own 7 acres and it is 300 feet by 1,000 feet.

She walked in with the baby in a car seat.
She is how old?
After my kids were able to sit up, there is no way I would have taken the car seat in as well.
Car seat is required by law for a child to be transported in.
We have no video of her leaving the store.
With or without the baby.
I find that very odd!
For those of you who are co-parenting an infant/toddler, how does that work with the car seat.
Do each of you have your own and just hand the child to it's other parent, or do you both have a base in your vehicle and each of you have a "base" to snap it into?
There is also the 3rd option, one parent has the seat and base and the other parent uses the seat with a seat belt only.

Two things that are bugging me.
A.- why no video of her leaving the store and/or getting into her car with the child.
B.- why is still being called the finacé if there is ANY proof that there was no date set, dress bought or any other plans being made.

A piece of the puzzle is missing here. Why?
What are we not being told/shown and why???

I'm also curious, where is the car seat we saw at the store? Could it have evidence on it?
Moo

By around 6 months of age my daughter was too big to haul around in that baby carrier. She was so darn heavy! I just started carrying her like PF was seen carrying his daughter.
When we did use the baby carrier, my husband had a base, I had a base and grandma had a base so that she could just get snapped in and out with ease.

By around 6 months of age my daughter was too big to haul around in that baby carrier. She was so darn heavy! I just started carrying her like PF was seen carrying his daughter.
When we did use the baby carrier, my husband had a base, I had a base and grandma had a base so that she could just get snapped in and out with ease.
If my kids fell asleep, we always took them inside in a carrier so they could nap rather than wake up cranky while we were trying to shop in public.;)

I am not expecting them to find any incriminating evidence on the ranch. There has been more than enough time for things to be cleaned up and disposed of, put in order.
Maybe not "on the ranch", but in the house maybe. Did he just get a new computer, did the police already have his phone, maybe he had two phones and hid one, did the police take his credit cards? People who commit crimes usually make mistakes.

@MassGuy and @Jennifer thank you for your responses. The reason I ask is because my girls started talking at a very young age (and haven't stopped since, they are now 19 and 10). Could baby have been witness to something and just be able to talk enough to be able to say daddy did something? Just a thought...

If my kids fell asleep, we always took them inside in a carrier so they could nap rather than wake up cranky while we were trying to shop in public.;)

Same here. If my kid was sleeping, I'd haul that sucker in even if it weighed 150 pounds and I was recovering from a broken back.

@MassGuy and @Jennifer thank you for your responses. The reason I ask is because my girls started talking at a very young age (and haven't stopped since, they are now 19 and 10). Could baby have been witness to something and just be able to talk enough to be able to say daddy did something? Just a thought...
This did occur to me. Both my kids were verbal early and could’ve said something simple, but still marginally incriminating if they witnessed something.

Maybe not "on the ranch", but in the house maybe. Did he just get a new computer, did the police already have his phone, maybe he had two phones and hid one, did the police take his credit cards? People who commit crimes usually make mistakes.
I agree. Even those who strongly think PF did it probably don’t think he’s a career kidnapper or killer, right? So one would think that—if he did it, he’s not a mastermind who left an airtight crime scene.

In time, we will probably see such a red flag pop up...or we will see the investigation turn elsewhere.

Perhaps she handed the child to him in the store and she is still in the store now. I am kidding but seriously nothing about this case makes sense at all.

Wow. That never occurred to me.:) And while crazy cases have happened before (like someone found in the wall of a bar a long time later), that is off the charts unlikely, right? Still...that points to how many gaps we have in our information. Outside of PF’s word, no one else has confirmed (that we know of) that she even left the store. I suppose the media could try asking LE if they have footage of her leaving and whether she was alone. They may consider it such an obvious fact, given their other statements, that they just haven’t mentioned it that they know she left.

It was hard to even carry a newborn in one. They are really heavy. I'm her size and weight, and it was extremely cumbersome to carry
I agree 100% but didn't she seem to carry it in with ease? I watched that part over and over about a dozen times because I was so shocked how easy it was for her to carry.

I agree 100% but didn't she seem to carry it in with ease? I watched that part over and over about a dozen times because I was so shocked how easy it was for her to carry.

To me, it seemed normal.

Some people here say they slowed the video down and saw a baby’s head and hand inside the carrier.

I doubt the mystery goes that deep to include an empty baby carrier...

But...never hurts to ask questions.

To me, it seemed normal.

Some people here say they slowed the video down and saw a baby’s head and hand inside the carrier.

I doubt the mystery goes that deep to include an empty baby carrier...

But...never hurts to ask questions.
Oh I don't doubt the baby was in there, but I might be slightly jealous that she can haul a 15 mo old child with ease while I was dying from carrying a 6 month old in same style carrier.

Do I think that PF is involved? It’s the most common scenario and one that cannot be ignored.

But we don’t have the facts. We don’t know if they were still in a relationship. We don’t know if it was common for KB to leave the baby for extended periods of time. And there are so many other unknown facts about this case.

People began to blame PF right away after this became news. If he had nothing to do with her disappearance and feels she may have left on her own I understand why he would get testy to reporters. They hound people non-stop. Their interference is not good for the baby.

I’ve seen comments that he is toting the baby around for show but do we know what other options he has for her care? His mother is said to be disabled and as far as I have read in MSM we do not know the extent of that disability or if she is able to care for the baby on her own (we have rumors and opinions, not necessarily facts, as far as I know).

The truth is, we don’t have a clue what happened. I certainly hope that LE does, and can bring a resolution, but of course they cannot say.

Is it a stretch to think that she was suicidal? We simply don’t know. A look back at other missing persons over the years shows that most people don’t know when a friend or family member is suicidal. They often wear smiles and act like everything is OK. The issue with that possibility may be that KB could not have gone very far without help, and she would have been found if nearby. I don’t know anything about the town and its transport options.

It would have been helpful to release more photos of her and describe her normal activities to perhaps trigger someone’s memory about seeing her. And to talk more about the places she might have been drawn to if she left on her own. It doesn’t appear that is going to happen (although there may be a local and regional push that’s below the national radar).

I’m sorry to be so long-winded, I’m just thinking out loud about possibilities beyond what seems to be the most popular scenario. All my own opinions of course.

Wow. That never occurred to me.:) And while crazy cases have happened before (like someone found in the wall of a bar a long time later), that is off the charts unlikely, right? Still...that points to how many gaps we have in our information. Outside of PF’s word, no one else has confirmed (that we know of) that she even left the store. I suppose the media could try asking LE if they have footage of her leaving and whether she was alone. They may consider it such an obvious fact, given their other statements, that they just haven’t mentioned it that they know she left.

And what she bought can also tell us a lot about her intentions in the coming days.

PF pointed across the green gate and said "This is private property", "This is a private road". I see more diversion here. The land on the other side of the green gate is probably his private property, but the road is probably not his private property since 35 acres is not a very big piece of land. I own 7 acres and it is 300 feet by 1,000 feet.

So? The road could still be private. I lived on 2 acres at one point, with a private road leading to the house. We didn't own the road personally, but it was private & there was a road association to collect $ for plowing and maintenance.

Lots of private roads in Colorado. And he could be referring to his driveway, for all we know. Here's a listing for land next to PF that talks about a "private road" (can't tell if that refers to Wildhorn Rd or the driveway to the parcel though).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member