CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree it’s mind boggling why he won’t talk to LE or attend press conferences or the media.

But as I have said, despite seeing him as likely to be involved, there’s a chance that we are missing a significant part of the story. Note the quote below from her cousin which seems to suggest the truth is long and complicated.

We asked her cousin, Jodee Garretson, why there was that time span between when she was last seen and when she was reported missing.

"I think there's information that we just don't all know yet because it is tied to the case, and I don't doubt that when all the information comes out, it's going to be understandable at that time," Garretson said. "It's a long story and that's not all something that can be shared right now."

Community holds vigil for mother missing from Woodland Park since Thanksgiving

Secondly, in the presser, when asked if PF was a suspect, LE responded that he was the father of her child, let’s leave it at that. Why wouldn’t he have said that PF is her FIANCÉ, let’s leave it at that? Sincere question, because I don’t know the answer, but I haven’t seen an example where LE working the case ever called PF her fiancé.

Is there any possibility they were never engaged to begin with or haven’t been for a long time? If PF didn’t have a real relationship with Kelsey and was purely co-parenting, this is one possible explanation for why he would not insert himself into press conferences or media.

Again, I still think the most likely person to be involved is PF. But, could the long, complicated story be that they were never engaged or haven’t been for a long time?
I think you're onto something. He was referred to as "The Father Of Her Child". Why wasn't he referred to as at least, "her boyfriend? Also, something was mentioned about their last time together, "to exchange custody of the child" as if that was the sole purpose for being together. Her mother stressed they had a loving relationship which she may have believed to be true. Or, she knew differently and was concerned if a finger was pointed at him, it might put the baby at risk....

Last edited:
Her story has been on NBC,ABC,CBS,CNN,and Fox News....plus being broadcast on our local PA news and is constantly being updated. I firmly believe that she isn't on the run and hiding.
ok that makes total sense!
i don’t understand the obsession over this baby carrier. The baby is 15 months- Kelsey is a petite women, the baby is probably small (my daughter was).

I haven’t seen any indicator that she was suicidal, but I agree with you that this has been the outcome in other cases where family didn’t have any warning about a person’s deteriorating mental state.

If that proves to be the case though, to me, it would almost have to have happened on the 25th or later due to the texts being sent. And it may have happened in Idaho. Given everything else, the odds still seem really low as I don’t have an explanation for why she would drive all that way, but I do understand that people do unexplainable things in vulnerable times.

I am still thinking foul play is involved—and at the hands of someone she knows. But I am keeping open minded about who the perp might be.

I still hold onto hope she’s alive though...even if it’s unlikely after this amount of time has passed.

Do I think that PF is involved? It’s the most common scenario and one that cannot be ignored.

But we don’t have the facts. We don’t know if they were still in a relationship. We don’t know if it was common for KB to leave the baby for extended periods of time. And there are so many other unknown facts about this case.

People began to blame PF right away after this became news. If he had nothing to do with her disappearance and feels she may have left on her own I understand why he would get testy to reporters. They hound people non-stop. Their interference is not good for the baby.

I’ve seen comments that he is toting the baby around for show but do we know what other options he has for her care? His mother is said to be disabled and as far as I have read in MSM we do not know the extent of that disability or if she is able to care for the baby on her own (we have rumors and opinions, not necessarily facts, as far as I know).

The truth is, we don’t have a clue what happened. I certainly hope that LE does, and can bring a resolution, but of course they cannot say.

Is it a stretch to think that she was suicidal? We simply don’t know. A look back at other missing persons over the years shows that most people don’t know when a friend or family member is suicidal. They often wear smiles and act like everything is OK. The issue with that possibility may be that KB could not have gone very far without help, and she would have been found if nearby. I don’t know anything about the town and its transport options.

It would have been helpful to release more photos of her and describe her normal activities to perhaps trigger someone’s memory about seeing her. And to talk more about the places she might have been drawn to if she left on her own. It doesn’t appear that is going to happen (although there may be a local and regional push that’s below the national radar).

I’m sorry to be so long-winded, I’m just thinking out loud about possibilities beyond what seems to be the most popular scenario. All my own opinions of course.

PF pointed across the green gate and said "This is private property", "This is a private road". I see more diversion here. The land on the other side of the green gate is probably his private property, but the road is probably not his private property since 35 acres is not a very big piece of land. I own 7 acres and it is 300 feet by 1,000 feet.

If PF had said to the reporter, "how are you today buddy, would you like to come inside and talk about things over sandwiches? on the record and everything!?", everyone would probably say, look at that, he is trying too hard, he is putting on a show for the cameras, he is definitely guilty of something. If he had been at the press conference, if he was talking to the media, organizing search parties and conducting the occasional emotional podium speech, like so many think he should be doing, those actions would be seen as an attempt to hide who he really is and what he has done wrong. I do not understand why it is difficult to look at this situation objectively at this point. Other than the absolute fact that PF was KBs significant other and father of their child, I have zero absolute fact to go on. I can't say someone committed a crime, just because.

Agreed.

We can say, statistically, when a person disappears, that in many cases it is eventually traced to their significant other.

And we can say, given what we know, it is mind blowing PF hasn’t said more to LE or the media or pleaded for her return.

We can say those 2 things make us suspicious or to lean toward him being involved.

But there’s no evidence of a crime or struggle and he has no previous record. Even her mom said their relationship is loving. So a rational person has to realize there is a significant piece of this story we don’t know and, therefore, other options are still on the table.

That will all change if they find evidence of a crime on his phone or in his truck or house or if they find video footage that contradicts his timeline. But until that happens, there’s a lot of possibilities we can’t rule out.

If PF had said to the reporter, "how are you today buddy, would you like to come inside and talk about things over sandwiches? on the record and everything!?", everyone would probably say, look at that, he is trying too hard, he is putting on a show for the cameras, he is definitely guilty of something. If he had been at the press conference, if he was talking to the media, organizing search parties and conducting the occasional emotional podium speech, like so many think he should be doing, those actions would be seen as an attempt to hide who he really is and what he has done wrong. I do not understand why it is difficult to look at this situation objectively at this point. Other than the absolute fact that PF was KBs significant other and father of their child, I have zero absolute fact to go on. I can't say someone committed a crime, just because.

I think you're onto something. He was referred to as "The Father Of Her Child". Why wasn't he referred to as at least, "her boyfriend? Also, something was mentioned about their last time together, "to exchange custody of the child" as if that was the sole purpose for being together. Her mother stressed they had a loving relationship which she may have believed to be true. Or, she knew differently and was concerned if a finger was pointed at him, it might put the baby at risk....

I am convinced her mother doesn't know all the details of their relationship and I think it's quite possible they hadn't been together in quite some time but for whatever reasons, KB chose to keep it to herself. I would also agree that her mom is playing nice with him on cameras and doesn't want to say anything bad as not to set him off because of the baby. JMO.

My apologies ...

As I was reviewing this thread tonight, I did not realize that MSM did in fact contain reference to PF having family members in LE. Once I realized that, subsequent posts were let stand.

Due to the sheer volume of posts that had to be removed tonight, it would not be feasible to go back to try to find those posts that were removed. If you feel your post needs to be reinstated, please message me and I'll try to locate it. (Or, I may just run off to Buenos Aires, never to be heard from again. Hold the applause, please.) :D
S'okay, it doesn't matter and it was just a clarification on what was true and what was rumor. Besides, we really shouldn't be sleuthing them anyway.

I am convinced her mother doesn't know all the details of their relationship and I think it's quite possible they hadn't been together in quite some time but for whatever reasons, KB chose to keep it to herself. I would also agree that her mom is playing nice with him on cameras and doesn't want to say anything bad as not to set him off because of the baby. JMO.
I agree that it is in the family’s best interest to keep the peace until they know more. The baby’s well being and their future ability to see the baby may depend on it. There are a lot of factors here. Would love to be a fly on the wall of that LE office.;)

Wow. That never occurred to me.:) And while crazy cases have happened before (like someone found in the wall of a bar a long time later), that is off the charts unlikely, right? Still...that points to how many gaps we have in our information. Outside of PF’s word, no one else has confirmed (that we know of) that she even left the store. I suppose the media could try asking LE if they have footage of her leaving and whether she was alone. They may consider it such an obvious fact, given their other statements, that they just haven’t mentioned it that they know she left.

JMO
It is a mystery where she disappeared from isnt it.

We do know he ended up with the child somehow. So at this point if I had to guess I would guess she went missing shortly after him somehow getting the child.

I dont like calling it an "exchange" because I dont think anyone knows if she willingly handed him the child or not. So I am not going to make that leap to automatically think it was a willing exchange. It could have been willing but then again maybe it wasnt.

Either way I have to assume she went missing shortly after he somehow got the child. Now the million dollar question is where was she located when she first went missing? It could have been her home because of the left out cinamon rolls. That is a likely choice and maybe I would lean to that location. But from what we know so far there wasnt anything announced about a disturbance at her home so maybe it was not there afterall. Its hard to say.

I do think if we could determine where she went missing from it could help figure out what happened to her. So far we have not heard of any witnesses or video cameras that saw her leaving anywhere against her will or even on her own so its a huge mystery where she first went missing from.

For now I have to guess it was her home. And only guessing that because of the left out cinamon rolls which is not a very big clue although it is a clue I think.

All JMO of course.

In the video clip above at 6 secs* it shows Kelsey walking into the store and there is a man walking in front of her. Does anyone think that man looks like PF? He is the right height, right build, similar hair and has a black jacket on. It's probably unlikely to be him or that would have been mentioned by LE right? But seeing these photos above, I just noticed that man has a similar black jacket on as the one PF has on after getting into his truck outside the attorney's office. It's odd that PF seems to have that black jacket on inside the truck and then takes the jacket off again when he gets out to confront the reporter at his gate who followed him home. The reporter is wearing long sleeves and yet here is PF outside in short sleeves in mid December. What were temps like that day? And why would anyone wear a jacket inside their truck but not outside? Or were those photos of PF and the truck taken on different days?

*ETA: Gah, I just tried to watch the video again at the link and it has been changed (I was trying to post this when the thread got closed). I'll try to find a similar video somewhere else.

ETA 2: Ok, the video below is clearer than what I saw before and the man seems to be walking with a small child-- so I'm thinking for sure not PF. But the jacket inside the truck but not outside is still interesting to me:

I am hot natured. When it's cold out, I may have on a coat or jacket on when I start up a cold car, but with the heat on and heated seats, by the time I get where I'm going, I'm roasting and will often take my coat off and leave it in the car. And I hardly ever wear long sleeve tops. I don't think there's anything nefarious about his taking off his jacket.

JMO
It is a mystery where she disappeared from isnt it.

We do know he ended up with the child somehow. So at this point if I had to guess I would guess she went missing shortly after him somehow getting the child.

I dont like calling it an "exchange" because I dont think anyone knows if she willingly handed him the child or not. So I am not going to make that leap to automatically think it was a willing exchange. It could have been willing but then again maybe it wasnt.

Either way I have to assume she went missing shortly after he somehow got the child. Now the million dollar question is where was she located when she first went missing? It could have been her home because of the left out cinamon rolls. That is a likely choice and maybe I would lean to that location. But from what we know so far there wasnt anything announced about a disturbance at her home so maybe it was not there afterall. Its hard to say.

I do think if we could determine where she went missing from it could help figure out what happened to her. So far we have not heard of any witnesses or video cameras that saw her leaving anywhere against her will or even on her own so its a huge mystery where she first went missing from.

For now I have to guess it was her home. And only guessing that because of the left out cinamon rolls which is not a very big clue although it is a clue I think.

All JMO of course.

I agree that learning anything concrete about her moves (or his, for that matter) would help tremendously. By now, if nothing else, LE knows who both he and she texted or called and where their phones pinged—if at all—after Safeway.

LOL. You should hear what I say to soliciting pests at my gate! I just watched that clip where he tells the reporter he is on private property and I cannot fathom the outrage of commenters. I would have taken my phone out and dialed 911 to report a trespasser, and maybe one of my dogs would have accidently slipped loose... Private property is exactly what it's called.

While I don’t have a gate I’m pretty territorial about my property. I live on 17 acres and do so for a reason, if we aren’t family, friends, you’re delivering a package or have an invite stay off my property! But if you meet any of the aforementioned criteria you’re welcomed with open arms!

Am I imagining things or did someone come on earlier today and say they interviewed a friend of PF on the news this morning?

Anyone see this or have a link?

No clue what has happened, but I suddenly got an idea.

Has anyone considered the possibility of PF and KB starting as the trip to Gooding or somewhere else nearby, peacefully, him helping KB out with whatever plan she had, leaving the kid with PF's mother, and whatever the altercation was happening en route there? This would explain lack of credit cards trace, and her not using own car. And then something happened, but not on the 22nd, but on the 25th. Accidental, I still think that it was accidental. Hence the need to cover the tracks, but also, the sudden need to send the texts. I think that in this case, another cellphone should have pinged close by as well, but there are people who use several.

My feeling is, one should check all the numbers that have pinged close by in Gooding that day, anyhow. If it has not yet been done.

My theories:
(1)I think he may have picked up KB and K, took K to his Mom's, he and KB were supposed to go out to dinner and he killed her. On TG day.
(2) He said he'd take her to surprise her Grandmother for TG. He leaves KB's home on TG with KB and K.

Not to mention the germs ! Much better for baby imo - Today show ran the story this morning with a female friend of PF giving an interview about what a great guy he is - I will see if the link is up yet
Freinds and co workers said the same thing about Chris Watts. PF would be seen in a more positive light if he would sit down with LE and help with the search.

After the "exchange" of the child (we still need to know how that went down), wonder what the conditions of the "re-exchange" of the child was? Was KB scheduled to pick up the child Monday morning? Sunday night? Or 12/02 when KB was reported missing? PF should have that answer, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam