OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#38

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it strange that Frankie lived with his mother even after having two children of his own up until a month prior to his murder. Why? For the same reasons as the Wagners? Is that a "hillbilly" thing?

Not a "hillbilly" thing. He and CRob were only 17 when his first child was born. They each lived at home with their parents. Just two young people with overactive hormones. Happens all over the world.

Not a "hillbilly" thing. He and CRob were only 17 when his first child was born. They each lived at home with their parents. Just two young people with overactive hormones. Happens all over the world.
But he continued to stay and moved his new "baby momma" in with Dana and the rest of the clan. I just noticed the similarities between the Rhodens and the Wagners and wanted to know if it was a cultural thing.

Short video of LM saying it may be a road rage thing and maybe a child custody thing. I think this is why I thought it was the woman who slapped CRjr. child custody he was talking about...

Leonard Manley talks about murder of family members in Ohio | Daily Mail Online

I just thought he suspected that, that family, had it out for the Rs (the one who slapped CR2). It seems it was a pretty bad incident, and I think there had been tension between the two families prior to this incident (iirc). The court date and restraining order had just been done with, the day before, IIRC, but LM didn't know it at the time. The lady in question had sent threatening emails to DR, too, iirc. Family also brought up the $3k Derby vehicle as a motive. There are rules in Demo Derby, and although he may not have broken them, someone seems to have gotten a bug up their britches over FR's vehicle. Enough to cause family to bring it up.

Manley said the officials had not given the consideration to the road rage retribution that he had hoped for. Raising his fist and putting his forefinger onto his thumb in the shape of a zero, he said: 'That's what they gave me back…they didn't want to hear nothing.'

He added: 'I asked the sheriff's department about the incident that happened a month ago about my grandson when a 40-year-old woman…hit him in the face. 'He had bruising all down his face.' He said his daughter DR, C2's mother, went to court, but the case did not result in convictions against the offender.

But threats were made afterwards against his daughter and his son, he said. The threats had been recorded on a cell phone and would be made available to the investigators, he said.

Members of the family of the victims suggested that jealousy or a dispute over a $3,000 demolition derby car (pictured) driven by Frankie Rhoden could be behind the murders.

Last edited:
They sure don’t mind moving. I’d rather have my wisdom teeth pulled w/o anesthesia, than move.
I always figured living together was for monetary purposes.
I’m sure living on FWF required them working and maybe a few rules. Not so sure any of them would like those stipulations.

They'd lived on her place since at least '92. Almost a 1/4 century.

But he continued to stay and moved his new "baby momma" in with Dana and the rest of the clan. I just noticed the similarities between the Rhodens and the Wagners and wanted to know if it was a cultural thing.

I'm not sure when HHG moved in. She stayed with her grandmother and graduated h.s. Had plans to go to college. I don't get the feeling that she was a permanent fixture til later on, toward the birth of R. She and FR's child was born in Oct 2015. DR and the two younger sibs, along with S, moved out March 21, 2016. It would not be my cup of tea but that's just me. They then allowed FR and HHG to take over the old trailer. This is not uncommon. The Rs had land. If you are not a wealthy person, owning land means a lot. I think that was what CR1 was doing with some of the grow $$. Learning from those around him. Scoop up land near, or connected to, his own, and help his family to enjoy their Derby hobby, have decent running vehicles, and zero mortgages.

These two guys are what, 26 & 27, and had really never lived apart from their parents. It is a bit more typical for males to stay home til they're married, here, but I do find it unusual for the parents to move with them, when they do marry and leave home.

For awhile, at least G3 and his wife, were living in a trailer on FW's place, and the parents were living in a home just up from them, that they'd lived in for years. The trailer is gone now and you can barely tell it was there.

Maybe everyone was trying to get away from everyone else! The boys from AW and GW3, with their fiance/spouse, moved to Peterson, and the parents from FW and GWsr. So, they all end up crammed in the home on Peterson, after the boys' relationships failed.

AW & G3 lived on FWF until just after the murders, correct?

*I'm gonna be in Pike county, later today.

I'm not sure when HHG moved in. She stayed with her grandmother and graduated h.s. Had plans to go to college. I don't get the feeling that she was a permanent fixture til later on, toward the birth of R. She and FR's child was born in Oct 2015. DR and the two younger sibs, along with S, moved out March 21, 2016. It would not be my cup of tea but that's just me. They then allowed FR and HHG to take over the old trailer. This is not uncommon. The Rs had land. If you are not a wealthy person, owning land means a lot. I think that was what CR1 was doing with some of the grow $$. Learning from those around him. Scoop up land near, or connected to, his own, and help his family to enjoy their Derby hobby, have decent running vehicles, and zero mortgages.

The reason I’m curious about the date A & G3 vacated FWF is I’m wondering if FW asked them to leave after word of the murders got out. Or, did they leave, knowing they would at the very least be questioned, not want LE on or near the FWF for many reasons? “Don’t want mom or sis to know, need privacy, let’s move......”, or if evidence was secreted on FWF property, moving might (in their minds) divert LE. Tysm. I can’t remember all the dates. Glad you kept notes. (My husband died in the course of this so I was busy with RL.)

These two guys are what, 26 & 27, and had really never lived apart from their parents. It is a bit more typical for males to stay home til they're married, here, but I do find it unusual for the parents to move with them, when they do marry and leave home.

For awhile, at least G3 and his wife, were living in a trailer on FW's place, and the parents were living in a home just up from them, that they'd lived in for years. The trailer is gone now and you can barely tell it was there.

Maybe everyone was trying to get away from everyone else! The boys from AW and GW3, with their fiance/spouse, moved to Peterson, and the parents from FW and GWsr. So, they all end up crammed in the home on Peterson, after the boys' relationships failed.

Sorry to hear about your husband. Prayers.

Trucking takes drivers away from home a lot, at least long-haul. But I can't see how mil and dil and all the rest cohabited happily unless they're better than me.

Sorry to hear about your husband. Prayers.

Trucking takes drivers away from home a lot, at least long-haul. But I can't see how mil and dil and all the rest cohabited happily unless they're better than me.
Tysm.

Well, I can’t imagine three generations in one house but if it works for others, so be it.

But, as rsd posted, AW/G3 had a house on the farm, G4 had a trailer on the FWF, that has been removed.

Trying to keep up with the dates, names, locations, court dates & more is complex.

Last edited:
Tysm.

Well, I can’t imagine three generations in one house but if it works for others, so be it.

But, as rsd posted, AW/G3 had a house on the farm, G4 had a trailer on the FWF, that has been removed.
They for sure bunked in close quarters in Alaska.
Maybe when AW was the only queen bee with her own sons the living arrangement worked.
Insert new females, well the dynamics change.

Another possibility is that it was meant to be for AW and G3 but owned in the books by their children.

IMO, they did not have a good credit experience.

Know that LE was two steps ahead of the Wags before they arrived to their next destination. Homes were wired and their most private meetings were recorded. That’s why they keep referring to Informant/CI, they were wired for sound.

It wouldn’t surprise me. Eyes were on them before they left. I don’t think it would have been hard to get a judge to sign off on that.

Another possibility is that it was meant to be for AW and G3 but owned in the books by their children.

IMO, they did not have a good credit experience.

Jonas, have I not read FW bought Peterson Rd for the boys? I’m certain (almost) I’ve seen this in many articles. If so, she must have been livid for them to sell and take the proceeds. Idk how any of the 4 might secure a mortgage. No income. Each time I’ve purchased real estate, income was required. Or, cold hard cash.

Per searches at FWF, if any items were taken, a receipt MUST be provided.

If the muffler was found at FWF, then the CI almost has to be a family member, IMO. If someone was able to provide details as to where it was within such a massive compound, they saw something or was very well trusted & privy to discussions.
I’ve never heard it was found at FWF. But we’ve discussed the possibility.

Bbl, headed to the infamous Pike county area.

It is ridiculous for any atty in a case like this to ask for bond. They already know the answer. Bet G4 insisted his atty ask. He might not “grasp” why he can’t go home. If they even have a home, at this point.

Why would Billy's attorney make a point of saying it is in his client's best interest to stay in jail if he wasn't implying it isn't safe for Billy on the outside? Why not just say "We pass on bail your Honor" like the other attorney's did? No his attorney made a point of that "it's in his best interests to stay locked up" probably in solitary.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member