CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
The baking was done in the am, it's what she had for breakfast according to her brother.
There might be a digital trail? Or there might not if there weren't reservations, or if they never made it to their destination.

Baking in the morning and not finishing up suggests that she disappeared after getting groceries and before she had a chance to finish up.

If Kelsey was going on a date, there must be text messages, phone calls or emails about dinner plans. Police would be looking in a different direction if there was proof that she met with someone else later in the day.

For those of you who don’t live in Colorado, let me tell you the town she lives in is in a national forest. So why haven’t authorities organized any searches of the vast forest land? Because it’s too big??? From the reaction I have seen on social media, I would bet they would get gobs if volunteers to help search!!!

Regardless of if they think she left on her own or as a result of foul play... SEARCH THE WOODS!!!
That's an excellent point. It's a national forest, no need for a search warrant and it would at least cover that base. Even starting with the nearby christmas tree farms, since she had also told her mom they were planning on getting a tree together.

Since he is clearest path to pursue based on so little info in the case, I have had a thought about a possible personality trait relative to their relationship IMO -is he controlling seeing that he trains dogs and participates in roping (rodeo)? He would certainly know how to quickly tie someone up (MOO). KF is also used to being in control, being a pilot. Just interesting dynamics. I don’t know if it means anything.

Maybe not. My great-grandfather was a farmer. Lots of hard work, loving his animals, and they loved him. Sometimes you have to look at how the dogs are treating the owner to understand. PF's dogs seem to love him.

KB had a similar background, grew up on a hay farm, but became a pilot. Did she dislike farm work because of her childhood? Anything but?

I would venture to say their goals were different. She was the one with the wings.

Baking in the morning and not finishing up suggests that she disappeared after getting groceries and before she had a chance to finish up.

If Kelsey was going on a date, there must be text messages, phone calls or emails about dinner plans. Police would be looking in a different direction if there was proof that she met with someone else later in the day.
No she finished the baking. She baked in the morning, ate some for breakfast and left the rest on the counter.
Her mother stated KB told her on the phone she and the baby were going out with PF for dinner. But I agree, if she were meeting someone else there would have been phone calls or text msgs between she and this other person, at the very least (if not between she and a friend or her brother who she seemed to chat with often).

Kelsey worked for an employer that has government contracts to train Air Force pilots. This means she had an extensive background check before she was hired. Extensive. Her background had to be very clean to be hired. All the speculation on FB sites is garbage. It is coming from petty women who are angry that Kelsey's mom has asked them to stop creating drama.

Flight Training | Doss Aviation
Doss Aviation
Flight Training
What We Do… Flight Training

Our history as a premier flight training company began with the U.S. Army at Ft. Rucker, AL and at Ft. Stewart, GA in the early 1970’s and has continued for 21 years in support of the U.S. Air Force flight screening/training program at Hondo, TX in 1979. Our refined military-style training was expanded to the Air Force to include the complete package of aircraft maintenance and aviation logistics support services for the Air Force’s Initial Flight Screening program. We successfully operated and maintained T-41 aircraft from October 1979 to September 1993 for the U.S. Air Force at Hondo, Texas. In February 1994, we transitioned to the T-3A Firefly and the U.S. Air Force’s Enhanced Flight Screening Program (EFSP).

Training.jpg
This tradition continues today with Doss Aviation, Inc’s flight training facility in Pueblo, Colorado, with the U.S. Air Force’s Initial Flight Training (IFT) Program. The Doss-developed training facility and curriculum provides introductory flight training for all U.S. Air Force aviation candidates. The company owned and operated state-of-the-art flying training facility supports Headquarters Air Education and Training Command (HQ AETC) and is known as the “Gateway to Air Force Aviation.” Every U.S. Air Force aviator candidate, be it Pilot, Combat Systems Officer, or Remotely Piloted Aircraft pilot, receives flight instruction, Air Force aviator introduction, and candidate screening at the Pueblo facility in preparation for follow-on flight training at any of the Air Force’s Undergraduate Flight Training (UFT) locations. Visit the IFT website at www.dossifs.com for more information.

The IFT program provides the Air Force with a turn-key flight training program in our facility that can support up to 2,200 aviation candidates per year. The Pueblo site offers a U.S. Air Force Undergraduate Flight Training, military-like training environment that includes an elite cadre of highly experienced flight instructors and a fleet of contractor-owned Diamond Aircraft DA-20’s. This one-of-a-kind facility, located on a 48-acre campus....

Guilty or not of any wrongdoing I think PF is playing this smart for himself. We have nothing to pick apart like we did with CW. He's not talking, not giving body language, lawyered up right away. We have no statement analysis.
Of course, to me, his silence speaks a thousand words too.

I am still wondering if he is on the birth certificate and /or has legal proof of paternity yet. If not, he might have been worried that she could leave the state and it would take quite awhile for him to resolve the situation.

If they were never married, never lived together, and he was not on the BC, it might not have been that easy for him to prevent her from moving back to her home state. JMO

As others have also stated, the problem may have arisen with KB making plans/wishing to leave with her child.
The child would be PF's concern.
What may have resulted, is now our mystery, if this is the situation that occurred initially.
MOO.

That's an excellent point. It's a national forest, no need for a search warrant and it would at least cover that base. Even starting with the nearby christmas tree farms, since she had also told her mom they were planning on getting a tree together.
BBM
I missed this. When did she tell her mom this? Prior to the reported breakup or the day she was last seen?

I’ve wondered about her leaving the store. Could there have been an encounter in the parking lot? But then how would her car have made it back to her house.
So many questions in this case and no clear path to pursue other than PF, but not even that is clear at this point.
Someone could have driven her to the store and waited outside while she shopped IMO. The family FB page says LE knows what she purchased so I believe if they know this, they know and have video footage of when she left and are purposely not sharing that video or timeline. JMO

Guilty or not of any wrongdoing I think PF is playing this smart for himself. We have nothing to pick apart like we did with CW. He's not talking, not giving body language, lawyered up right away. We have no statement analysis.
Of course, to me, his silence speaks a thousand words too.
Lies of omission. TBH, no matter what he said I just can't wrap my brain around the fact that he never reported her missing.

As others have also stated, the problem may have arisen with KB making plans/wishing to leave with her child.
The child would be PF's concern.
What may have resulted, is now our mystery, if this is the situation that occurred initially.
MOO.
Did she say to anyone she wanted to leave? She had her dream job, why move away?

No criminal background. Involved in rodeo type events. Owns his company and had taken out loans for it, last one being 2016. He sells cattle, possibly horses. Lives at a property owned by his mom. Drives red truck. His company’s revenue is approximately 100k a year (prior to expenses).
I think I've convinced myself for one reason or another, that there has not been a loving relationship between those two for a long time and that both parties are comfortable with the situation. Therefore, I get confused about what could have possibly made a detached partner angry enough to make someone disappear, besides a custody issue. And why should there be a custody issue if they have been living independent for this long and she landed her dream job with no intentions of moving away,... Then, I remember. I remember being quite comfortable in my decision to walk away from a two year relationship and feeling fine, actually quite good...until he found someone new and my life had remained stagnant. And then watching my life crumble. And wanting to smash something, anything. Even though I was perfectly fine all those months before. I wish I knew what she was shopping for, when she planned on making that recipe shed received from her mother, if the sweet rolls were for someone else, who she planned to have dinner with, whether he was picking p the baby because she needed someone to watch the kid that night,...

This could be a valid point. Many people are fine until another person enters the scene. They do not want someone else raising their child, especially a mother wanting another woman involved, or a man wanting another man involved.

Maybe PF's attorney is just really good at steering the narrative to distance his client from Kelsey. I mean we are all talking about their broken relationship as fact. But, really who began that narrative? Where did it originate? PF's attorney - benefits his client. LE - heard from PF through attorney. And VI Aunt - heard from LE through PF attorney (I don't think she has stated where she heard this info)? --MOO

What facts do we have to back those claims? They lived apart - well, maybe Kelsey didn't want to live with her mother-in-law? I don't know many people who would. Maybe she tried that and it didn't go so well (hence the Florrisant PO Box)? --MOO

The creative use of the phrase "custody exchange" just further's the narrative, and it is technically correct if PF went to KB house to pick up their baby. But, directs the narrative to create distance (and plants the seeds for doubt) for PF. --MOO

So, maybe their relationship wasn't all CB thinks it was.
Or, Maybe PF has a really craft attorney who was spoonfed us all with the narrative that best suits his client. --MOO
It originated in news stories prior to the first press conference - where it was described that PF had last seen Kelsey when they exchanged their daughter. Those stories had described that PF either picked up the child or Kelsey dropped off the child on Thanksgiving. Either way, anyone reading it would be thinking there was some kind of custody exchange going on because it isn't typical to see engaged couples swapping who has the kid on a holiday.

It is not clear when PF obtained a lawyer. We first heard from his lawyer on December 12th, two days after the first press conference and one day after the media chased PF around starting at the lawyer's office. Neither PF's attorney nor law enforcement has offered up when PF obtained a lawyer. If we knew when that occurred we could know whether the earlier reports of an exchange come from PF or PF through his attorney.

Someone could have driven her to the store and waited outside while she shopped IMO. The family FB page says LE knows what she purchased so I believe if they know this, they know and have video footage of when she left and are purposely not sharing that video or timeline. JMO
If they had video footage of someone waiting in the parking lot, they'd have released that and they wouldn't have sought a search warrant for PF's property and wasted tax dollars on a search of his property and vehicles.
I will say that there is some connection between the shopping trip, the phone call to her mother and the recipe KB asked for. I'm not sure what it is, but in one of the interviews CB was asked for more detail about what the recipe was, she hesitated and then repeated that KB had called asking about a recipe and refused to go into any more detail. Since you normally shop for things for a recipe, it would stand to reason that whatever KB bought at safeway was for that recipe. But why be coy about it?

I
Everything I have read outside this forum (not much) speculates on her problems and what a great guy he is, and what other difficulties he has had. Everything also comes from CO.

Nothing is coming from Kelsey's side. Silence.

So I want to know regular things about PF. Age. Education. Since her possible issues, mental problems, potential substances, were discussed, even here - the most reasonable question is, did he have issues? Mental, or alcohol-related? Prior kids?

I don't think we are not allowed to check on it.

Has anyone realized that we know very little about him, except for his family being in LE? This might be a red herring, though, and not relevant. Prior history of women breaking up with him might be very important.

And a totally random question. If he has that many relatives in LE, and farmers struggle, did he ever apply to LE?
I have read good things about him, but also some bad things about him. As much as I would like for him to be innocent for the sake of this child, what I read did raise some red flags for me.

I

I have read good things about him, but also some bad things about him. As much as I would like for him to be innocent for the sake of this child, what I read did raise some red flags for me.
Has anyone posted about his prior personal life? This is what I have not seen.

I am hot natured. When it's cold out, I may have on a coat or jacket on when I start up a cold car, but with the heat on and heated seats, by the time I get where I'm going, I'm roasting and will often take my coat off and leave it in the car. And I hardly ever wear long sleeve tops. I don't think there's anything nefarious about his taking off his jacket.

I do the same thing- get hot in the car due to the heat and take off my coat to drive, then put it back on to go outside. But he did the opposite. He seemingly put the coat on only while in the truck. Is his truck heater broken? But then, why take it off again when he gets out to confront the reporter. Probably not nefarious, but odd behavior to me. :confused:

BBM
I missed this. When did she tell her mom this? Prior to the reported breakup or the day she was last seen?
“She’s been happy,” Cheryl said. “She’s been wanting to decorate for Christmas and was excited about that, but she thought she thought maybe her fiancee and Kaylee were planning to get the Christmas tree themselves. And so, she’s been holding off on buying something.”
Candlelight vigil for Kelsey Berreth in Woodland Park

According to the Aunt, the breakup was on Thanksgiving:

“Our niece is missing ... She broke up with her ex on Thanksgiving, he said she dropped off the baby and was heading to Soap Lake Washington to visit.”
— Kelsey Berreth's aunt, posting on a Facebook group
Kelsey Berreth: Police Search Fiancé’s Ranch In Hunt For Missing Colorado Mom

Also, our VI @Kelsey's Aunt has clarified for us that now to her understanding, PF picked up the baby at KB's house.

Lies of omission. TBH, no matter what he said I just can't wrap my brain around the fact that he never reported her missing.
I'm trying to wrap my head around that too. If they had indeed broken up, he may have just been waiting for her to call and say she was coming to get her daughter. He could have thought possession is 9/10th of the law and he wasn't going to give her back and loved her not calling. He may have even texted her that. We just don't know. I had read he watched her most of the time too due to KB's schedule. We just don't know. But logically, I too find it very suspicious he wasn't looking for her, didn't report her missing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member