CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m a little behind, but regarding KB carrying her baby in the carrier. KB’s mom commented on it on camera. Here’s a link and comment I made in a previous thread.

Second video in the story, starting about 7:20 :
Mother of missing Woodland Park woman hopes for her safe return

Direct link to video :

Toward the end of this video, CB was asked about the video of her daughter in Safeway. Before being redirected by the reporter, she spent some time discussing how she has seen a lot of comments about a baby that age being held in a carrier, how the baby was actually a lighter baby and KB was strong.

He locked his FB down after one of our sleuthers gathered some info from it- I posted it yesterday
Ohh! I didn't know that. I just assumed he kept it private all along or like most men didn't post much.

Kelsey worked for an employer that has government contracts to train Air Force pilots. This means she had an extensive background check before she was hired. Extensive. Her background had to be very clean to be hired. All the speculation on FB sites is garbage. It is coming from petty women who are angry that Kelsey's mom has asked them to stop creating drama.

Flight Training | Doss Aviation
Doss Aviation
Flight Training
What We Do… Flight Training

Our history as a premier flight training company began with the U.S. Army at Ft. Rucker, AL and at Ft. Stewart, GA in the early 1970’s and has continued for 21 years in support of the U.S. Air Force flight screening/training program at Hondo, TX in 1979. Our refined military-style training was expanded to the Air Force to include the complete package of aircraft maintenance and aviation logistics support services for the Air Force’s Initial Flight Screening program. We successfully operated and maintained T-41 aircraft from October 1979 to September 1993 for the U.S. Air Force at Hondo, Texas. In February 1994, we transitioned to the T-3A Firefly and the U.S. Air Force’s Enhanced Flight Screening Program (EFSP).

Training.jpg
This tradition continues today with Doss Aviation, Inc’s flight training facility in Pueblo, Colorado, with the U.S. Air Force’s Initial Flight Training (IFT) Program. The Doss-developed training facility and curriculum provides introductory flight training for all U.S. Air Force aviation candidates. The company owned and operated state-of-the-art flying training facility supports Headquarters Air Education and Training Command (HQ AETC) and is known as the “Gateway to Air Force Aviation.” Every U.S. Air Force aviator candidate, be it Pilot, Combat Systems Officer, or Remotely Piloted Aircraft pilot, receives flight instruction, Air Force aviator introduction, and candidate screening at the Pueblo facility in preparation for follow-on flight training at any of the Air Force’s Undergraduate Flight Training (UFT) locations. Visit the IFT website at www.dossifs.com for more information.

The IFT program provides the Air Force with a turn-key flight training program in our facility that can support up to 2,200 aviation candidates per year. The Pueblo site offers a U.S. Air Force Undergraduate Flight Training, military-like training environment that includes an elite cadre of highly experienced flight instructors and a fleet of contractor-owned Diamond Aircraft DA-20’s. This one-of-a-kind facility, located on a 48-acre campus....

I’m not sure about pilots specifically, but I can tell you that you would be surprised as to who passes the government background checks. Especially for the highest levels of clearance. And who is allowed to keep them even after mental breakdowns (hospitalized) and threats of violence at the workplace

So? The road could still be private. I lived on 2 acres at one point, with a private road leading to the house. We didn't own the road personally, but it was private & there was a road association to collect $ for plowing and maintenance.

Lots of private roads in Colorado. And he could be referring to his driveway, for all we know. Here's a listing for land next to PF that talks about a "private road" (can't tell if that refers to Wildhorn Rd or the driveway to the parcel though).
Yes, the road up to the green gate could easily be a private road, but probably not his private road. All the press needed to do was see whose land it was, get permission from that landowner and the press could easily return and PK could not run them off. I wonder how PK got anything UPS or Fedex with his gate locked.

I would assume that by now LE has gathered data from her home and work computers. These may show communications with others regarding her holiday plans or hopes, her relationship with PF, etc.... Not having her phone is a problem. Keep in mind that if anyone close to her, including PF, deleted email or messages on and after 11/22,,those may be recoverable. I would not read too much into the precise words used by local law enforcement. This probably is the biggest case the chief has handled in terms of national news exposure.

He knew after a week of no contact and not returning to pick up her baby that she was missing.

Yes, but it they truly broke up, the longer she misses, the better is his chance of getting the sole custody, or win in a custody battle.

The call from ID throws it all off, though.

I don't understand why NO ONE is saying anything to the media. I haven't followed many cases, but is this normal for no friends of KB having anything to say, no neighbors, no coworkers? I'm beginning to wonder if the community is shying away from speaking because PF has family in the police department? Maybe I'm way off base.... just thinking out loud. The silence is deafening.

Why should they talk to the media? Except for asking people to look for her, there's not much more they can say. Her family has been bashed on SM.

If they had video footage of someone waiting in the parking lot, they'd have released that and they wouldn't have sought a search warrant for PF's property and wasted tax dollars on a search of his property and vehicles.
I will say that there is some connection between the shopping trip, the phone call to her mother and the recipe KB asked for. I'm not sure what it is, but in one of the interviews CB was asked for more detail about what the recipe was, she hesitated and then repeated that KB had called asking about a recipe and refused to go into any more detail. Since you normally shop for things for a recipe, it would stand to reason that whatever KB bought at safeway was for that recipe. But why be coy about it?

CB bringing up Christmas decorations is interesting. The fact that she may have gone with him and the baby deep into the forest to look for a tree is a possibility.

Technically, they wouldn’t be cutting in a national forest (unless there’s something different about laws in Colorado). Most go to tree farms where getting in and out with a tree is easy.

I’m really surprised at myself for not remembering this until now. I guess it’s because it was 20 years ago. My SIL (husband’s sister) and BIL were living in Colorado Springs. They were newly weds with a new baby, and no family support nearby, as they had moved from the Midwest just 1-2 years prior. My BIL was an alcoholic and verbally abusive. Can’t remember the exact timing, but it was sometime near Thanksgiving, but before Christmas...my SIL had had enough and up and left with the baby. My guess is she did this when my BIL was not home to prevent her from leaving. Had he known she was leaving, I’m not sure how things would have gone. They had a very volatile relationship and the stress of having a baby, sent things to a new level.

Anyway, obviously I can’t know if there were any similarities to KB and PF’s situation...other than to know that KB also had a baby, and also did not have family nearby. I guess it just makes me wonder more about what others have posed about the possibility that she had just told PF that she was thinking about or planning to move with the baby. And PF snapped.

I know that her mom’s comments do not go along with a scenario like this...but that means nothing to me, for various reasons.

Anyway, this is just a thought I had based on a personal family experience. Nothing more than that. And I guess the only other thing I’d share is that when I was super emotional around the holidays (with young babies) and having troubles with my DH...I never told anyone. I have lots of friends and family. But I keep most of my troubles to myself. BTW, I don’t suggest trying this at home. ;)

I’m not sure about pilots specifically, but I can tell you that you would be surprised as to who passes the government background checks. Especially for the highest levels of clearance. And who is allowed to keep them even after mental breakdowns (hospitalized) and threats of violence at the workplace
I'd like to read on how the US Air Force and the contractor who trains their pilots (Kelsey's employer) are allegedly incompetent with their background checks. Do you have any links?

I’m really surprised at myself for not remembering this until now. I guess it’s because it was 20 years ago. My SIL (husband’s sister) and BIL were living in Colorado Springs. They were newly weds with a new baby, and no family support nearby, as they had moved from the Midwest just 1-2 years prior. My BIL was an alcoholic and verbally abusive. Can’t remember the exact timing, but it was sometime near Thanksgiving, but before Christmas...my SIL had had enough and up and left with the baby. My guess is she did this when my BIL was not home to prevent her from leaving. Had he known she was leaving, I’m not sure how things would have gone. They had a very volatile relationship and the stress of having a baby, sent things to a new level.

Anyway, obviously I can’t know if there were any similarities to KB and PF’s situation...other than to know that KB also had a baby, and also did not have family nearby. I guess it just makes me wonder more about what others have posed about the possibility that she had just told PF that she was thinking about or planning to move with the baby. And PF snapped.

I know that her mom’s comments do not go along with a scenario like this...but that means nothing to me, for various reasons.

Anyway, this is just a thought I had based on a personal family experience. Nothing more than that. And I guess the only other thing I’d share is that when I was super emotional around the holidays (with young babies) and having troubles with my DH...I never told anyone. I have lots of friends and family. But I keep most of my troubles to myself. BTW, I don’t suggest trying this at home. ;)
She left with the baby. This IMHO, is what a mother would do.

I would like to know who broke up with whom.

My felling is, if women broke up with PF before, then this woman, KB, and a child is the only potential hope for a family for PF, in his mind. And then, if KB, the mother of his child breaks up with him, then the kid is closest hope for the family. And if PF he is the primary parent, the daughter grows up, loves him, smiles at him. He gets very emotionally attached. "At least someone loves me". He is desperate to not give away the kid if KB breaks up with him, and it is not the money issue, it is insecurity, and loneliness.

Last edited:
He knew after a week of no contact and not returning to pick up her baby that she was missing.
He might not have been aware that she was missing until Kelsey's mother called him. If their relationship had been broken for any significant amount of time then Kelsey may not have believed it would be any of PF's business as to her whereabouts, plans, who she might be with, etc. We simply do not know what the situation was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288