OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#39

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
23-pike-county-mass-shooting.w529.h352.jpg

George Wagner is accused of killing a family of 8 living on a pot farm in Pike County OH. While first thought to be drug related the killings now could be the result of a custody battle. 3 other members of the Wagner family have been arrested as well. So many twists and turns and Websleuths members are on top of every single thing that happens in the shocking case.

The gruesome slayings have rattled this southeast corner of Appalachian Ohio, a region that culturally identifies more closely with neighboring Kentucky and West Virginia than the state’s northern cities.

[...]

Adding to the shock was the discovery of hundreds of illegal marijuana plants on Rhoden’s property, highlighting the region’s dependency on the illegal drug trade as jobs in agriculture and timber have dried up.

Audio 911 Calls

PRESSER: APRIL 27, 2016

Video Interview with Attorney General DeWine Published 8-13-16

Minors: You may discuss what is covered in the main stream media regarding the custody of minor children. If posting snips from articles regarding the children please redact their names. These babes are innocents. One day they will google their names or those of their parents. And plenty will come up. Let's be respectful of them and the catastrophic loss they have suffered at such tender ages. Thanks.

DO NOT SLEUTH STILL LIVING FAMILY MEMBERS' FACEBOOK PAGES AND POST ABOUT IT HERE. Just don't mention it. Period.

Leave the politics, both national and local, at the door. There is no room for them here.

Rules Etiquette & Information

CASE NOTES (courtesy of cujenn81) this link contains locations, distance, victim info, relationships and more.

MEDIA LINKS NO DISCUSSION
CASE MAP (courtesy of K.L.Puyallup)
Preliminary Autopsy Reports
Final Autopsy Reports source article

Thread #33
Thread #34
Thread #35

TRUDIE, I don't care if it is "hearsay"...this is a forum, not a courtroom, so spill away! Besides the "colorful adjectives/adverbs" did you hear anything that surprised you or had not been debated on this forum? Has "surprise" been replaced with anger?, disgust?, come-uppins?, anybody eating there owe $$ to FW?...what was your impression. After all, they are the "first jury contestants" (and of course because I may take a drive there, too on my way to
Mt. Rushmore....was the food good and prices affordable?)
ps...Your energy is unbelievable. (and gave me something else to think about besides my dropping investment portfolio)

Last edited:
TRUDIE, I don't care if it is "hearsay"...this is a forum, not a courtroom, so spill away! Besides the "colorful adjectives/adverbs" did you hear anything that surprised you or had not been debated on this forum? Has "surprise" been replaced with anger?, disgust?, come-uppins?, anybody eating there owe $$ to FW?...what was your impression. After all, they are the "first jury contestants" (and of course because I may take a drive there, too on my way to
ps...Your energy is unbelievable.

I too would like to know Trudie. Since this could possibly be the jury pool I would like to know general attitudes. Do the people there think the W's are guilty and how much involvement do they think Fred and Rita had in the whole thing? Also do they think that the late husbands of Fred and Rita knew about it? What do they think about the motive? Do they think more than just custody was part of the motive?

Of course it would all be just rumor but it could give us a good take on what a jury might think.

JMO

From the last thread, Trudie

"It seems they’re dumb enough to not consider LE communicates on a national level & that Alaska, too, has FBI & the FBI is on standby, always, to assist any law enforcement agency requiring help."

It seems to me they planned the crime to leave no forensic evidence, and to conceal the motive by killing so many people. They really didn't consider the possibility they would come to be prime suspects. If they had, they probably wouldn't have done it, because there are no TV shows showing you how to get away with murder once you're the subject of LE's laser focus.

It seems to me this family see themselves as hunters, always at the trigger end of the gun. They couldn't conceive of themselves as being the hunted ones, with target signs on their backs, dodging and weaving to try to avoid falling into someone else's trap.

ps...Your energy is unbelievable.

I only had coffee. I’m ultra paranoid about the lack of cleanliness in strange eateries. Lol. I can barely tolerate anyone touching my food or eating with flatware someone touched or placed on a table wiped with a germ laden cloth. I’m always the one that gets the glass with lipstick on the rim or egg yolk stuck on the plate.

We heard nothing new, only opinions & unkind comments.

The crowd was 60ish or older & have very staunch views regarding the living standards & general lifestyles of some involved. The couple we conversed with both had an “if they had only.....” attitude. I got the impression they have lived a severely sheltered, small town existence. Very unworldly. I think they never realized people engage in premarital sex, have children out of wedlock, break up, make up, etc. Drug dealing , in their opinion is the entire reason for this tragedy. They are regulars that gather for daily gossip.
Never heard the W’s mentioned. Maybe people were a little aloof or paranoid because we are not regulars. Although my friend is in and out of the diner a few times a month. They best get used to strangers, once trials begin, people will flock to the area.

From the last thread, Trudie

"It seems they’re dumb enough to not consider LE communicates on a national level & that Alaska, too, has FBI & the FBI is on standby, always, to assist any law enforcement agency requiring help."

It seems to me they planned the crime to leave no forensic evidence, and to conceal the motive by killing so many people. They really didn't consider the possibility they would come to be prime suspects. If they had, they probably wouldn't have done it, because there are no TV shows showing you how to get away with murder once you're the subject of LE's laser focus.

It seems to me this family see themselves as hunters, always at the trigger end of the gun. They couldn't conceive of themselves as being the hunted ones, with target signs on their backs, dodging and weaving to try to avoid falling into someone else's trap.

I agree. They believe they are invincible. One or more has to suffer from some type of personality disorder.
Statistics show most murderers thought, for whatever reason, that they could get away with it.

Satchie, do you expect trials or deals?

Last edited:
Plea-bargaining in Capital Murder Cases: Is it fair to victims?

An interesting read. Really exemplifies the lengths prosecutors go to to avoid trials, even in the most heinous crimes. Who could forget Gary Ridgeway. Talk about a man deserving of death.

I really expect deals. As heinous as this crime is, there’s many that are in fact worse.

Will family members want to go thru trials? Do they want to hear their loved ones reduced to nothing by defense attorneys? I don’t think so. Most don’t.

The prosecutor, as we know, is a state employee. He’s aware of the budget. MOO.

Side note, if any of you followed CW case, his GF (NK) has reportedly entered the witness protection program. Heard on Sirius driving home, googled it & it appears to be true.

I wonder how much (if any) liquor they needed to tolerate each other.

It would take a heckuva lot more than alcohol for me!!! Two adult children, two grandchildren (nearly the same age) and two parents. Jail may have started looking good to them. I do get the feeling that GW4 stayed behind, and was doing okay on his own. It may be why she was proud of him. He broke free from the family. I wonder if AW ever thought about breaking free? Money isn't everything and being taken care of by your mil would suck.

I only had coffee. I’m ultra paranoid about the lack of cleanliness in strange eateries. Lol. I can barely tolerate anyone touching my food or eating with flatware someone touched or placed on a table wiped with a germ laden cloth. I’m always the one that gets the glass with lipstick on the rim or egg yolk stuck on the plate.

We heard nothing new, only opinions & unkind comments.

The crowd was 60ish or older & have very staunch views regarding the living standards & general lifestyles of some involved. The couple we conversed with both had an “if they had only.....” attitude. I got the impression they have lived a severely sheltered, small town existence. Very unworldly. I think they never realized people engage in premarital sex, have children out of wedlock, break up, make up, etc. Drug dealing , in their opinion is the entire reason for this tragedy. They are regulars that gather for daily gossip.
Never heard the W’s mentioned. Maybe people were a little aloof or paranoid because we are not regulars. Although my friend is in and out of the diner a few times a month. They best get used to strangers, once trials begin, people will flock to the area.

Thank you Trudie. Are you saying there is a general feeling of ill will toward the victims? Or the suspects? Is it a general aggravation that the residents have to put up with a lot of strange news media or is it that the people think the R's were drug dealers and brought this on themselves?

At least it gives us somewhat of an insight into a jury pool out of Pike county.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member