CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Christmas tree isn’t resting with me. CB explained in her interview that “KB had been excited to decorate for Christmas and excited about that, but she thought maybe her fiancé and K were planning to get the Christmas tree themselves and so she was holding off on buying something”. CB further elaborated that KB was curious as to what others in the family were requesting as gifts on their list.....A lot of information given here! I just have a feeling the portion about the fiancé and K getting the tree themselves was intentional, but I can’t explain why?

Because it was a weird comment. Her thinking (and not knowing) who was getting the tree, manifested the disconnect between the two parties. And why wouldn't they do it as a family, if indeed they were one.

Kelsey Berreth: Police Search Fiancé’s Ranch In Hunt For Missing Colorado Mom

SABBM from above article:

Kelsey and Frazee do not live together and don’t have a wedding date, Berreth told NBC. “The relationship has been good. They’re loving,” she said. “It hasn’t been ideal, you know, given the economy and things. They had plans that haven’t worked out as they would have liked. But they’ve dealt with that and they’ve made things work regardless.”

Berreth said the couple was planning to find a home of their own, but Frazee’s job as a cattle farmer had been impacted by poor prices.

These references to financial stressors in KB and PF's relationship are quite concerning, IMO.

I do very much wonder whether KB received child support from PF and if so, whether this was an informal arrangement or if it was court-ordered.

Last edited:
What makes you think that? KB has definitely been in the news in both places, and I would assume that LE in both places are on alert for relevant evidence, if not actually proactively searching for same.

My current theory is that KB and baby K arrived home from Safeway to find him waiting or just arriving -- or maybe they connected at the store and he followed them home so she could drop off her car. Then they headed out either to get a tree, or for Thanksgiving dinner at his place (and she brought her groceries with her, including the ingredients for whatever she had asked her mom about earlier).

She hadn't "done" her hair, per CB, but if they were going to get a tree first maybe no need. She might have hair and makeup items kept at his house to get ready for dinner.

Then something went wrong. Maybe while getting the tree. Maybe even after dinner, but that would require PF's mom to lie about it, denying KB had been there (presumably) so I'll guess maybe it happened before their holiday dinner, and he simply told his mom KB wasn't coming for dinner after all.

Of course it's also possible they actually did break up and KB actually did plan a getaway for a few days while the baby stayed with PF, but then something happened and she never made it back home to get her vehicle and pack for her trip. I don't think that's likely though, but I know reality often is complex and more than one story can be playing out at a time.
I feel they were broken up long ago. The fiance stuff is all for appearance IMO.

Kelsey and Frazee do not live together and don’t have a wedding date, Berreth told NBC. “The relationship has been good. They’re loving,” she said. “It hasn’t been ideal, you know, given the economy and things. They had plans that haven’t worked out as they would have liked. But they’ve dealt with that and they’ve made things work regardless.”

Berreth said the couple was planning to find a home of their own, but Frazee’s job as a cattle farmer had been impacted by poor prices.

These references to financial stressors in KB and PF's relationship is quite concerning, IMO.

I do very much wonder whether KB received child support from PF and if so, whether this was an informal arrangement or if it was court-ordered.
I would bet money that she did not receive child support and that it was an informal arrangement. I think that she thought that they were still together and would marry sometime, but he had different plans.

These references to financial stressors in KB and PF's relationship is quite concerning, IMO.

If he were really needed on the farm, couldn't they have at least put a Doublewide Mobile home on the property a little off to itself, so they could have been together as a family and had some privacy. That is provided that they still wanted to be a family.

Someone posted a story in this thread in which her neighbor placed his truck at her home that same day the boyfriend claimed to pick their kid up. That same neighbor said they recognized the truck because they had seen it there many times in the past when he was previously picking up the kid. The more I read the more it sounds like the kid was their only connection. This does not sound like two people in a relationship. I hope and expect that the experts have checked to see whether any of her colleagues, associates... had requested that same week off from work. And that the security video from the airports in closest proximity to the phone ping were also checked.
To be fair, a lot of days my relationship with my wife is little more than handing off the kids - and we all live together relatively happily.

I feel they were broken up long ago. The fiance stuff is all for appearance IMO.
For whatever reason, I delayed listening to Kelsey’s mother’s interviews until now. I was surprised at some of her comments because they fly directly in the face of what many on here are saying. Unless mom is totally in the dark or else lying her tail off, the relationship has been “good” and “strong”. At one point she says Kelsey “had no issues in her life.”

That really doesn’t sound like the relationship was done, or even on the rocks. At least, not from Kelsey’s family point of view.

is it true that texts were sent from KB's phone after her mom called PF? and the Idaho ping was the same day? I didn't realize that timeline. Verrrry suspicious. Did he think he was in the clear until KB's mom called him? Then he decides he has to do something to throw people off? Did he think no one would notice or care?

I would bet money that she did not receive child support and that it was an informal arrangement. I think that she thought that they were still together and would marry sometime, but he had different plans.
I think that it was informal as well. If he put his name on the birth certificate, he would be presumed to be the father, and it would have been up to them to pursue a custody agreement. If the baby was with the dad during working days, he would be saving day care expenses and also be providing food and other necessities. Sounds like she had a good job and could handle her end just fine.

If he were really needed on the farm, couldn't they have at least put a Doublewide Mobile home on the property a little off to itself, so they could have been together as a family and had some privacy. That is provided that they still wanted to be a family.

Perhaps the end goal was for PF and KB to purchase PF's moms home, but with the economy and things it wasn't working out how they had planned.

if the break up was the trigger for whatever happened to KB, there is ample reason for the family and LE not to rub salt in the wounds of a man who has the baby. Appeasing PF's perception that KB was still loving is very tactical in protecting the baby.

For whatever reason, I delayed listening to Kelsey’s mother’s interviews until now. I was surprised at some of her comments because they fly directly in the face of what many on here are saying. Unless mom is totally in the dark or else lying her tail off, the relationship has been “good” and “strong”. At one point she says Kelsey “had no issues in her life.”

That really doesn’t sound like the relationship was done, or even on the rocks. At least, not from Kelsey’s family point of view.

Mom was far, far away. She only knew what Kelsey told her. I think that Kelsey was probably trying to please her mother, and keep her from worrying.

is it true that texts were sent from KB's phone after her mom called PF? and the Idaho ping was the same day? I didn't realize that timeline. Verrrry suspicious. Did he think he was in the clear until KB's mom called him? Then he decides he has to do something to throw people off? Did he think no one would notice or care?

No, the texts were sent on 11/25. kB’s mom spoke with KF on 12/2 IIRC

Mom was far, far away. She only knew what Kelsey told her. I think that Kelsey was probably trying to please her mother, but living a different lifestyle than her mother would approve of (sex outside of marriage, unwed mother).
BBM. I discount that, because her brother is with a man in a same sex marriage and her mother does not seem to have a problem with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998