CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing devil’s advocate what if $25,000 donation came from PF. Would that change the opinion of those that are 100% sure he’s guilty?

And if you feel he’s guilty and if he’s the 25k donor that makes you feel he’s more guilty....then PF is absolutely correct to not speak to LE or the media. MOO If innocent PFs life is already ruined.

Also having followed this case since the beginning, only verified information I have seen is texts were from KBs phone to her job and PF on 11/25. Mom called PF on 12/2 and shortly after called police and teported KB missing. JMO (but based on MSM and police timelines to arrive at my opinion)

If PF was involved he got a HUGE assist from KBs family and friends that no one noticed (enough) from 11/23 to 12/1 that they hadn’t heard from her/she wasn’t responding to calls and texts. I blame her family and friends for not reporting her missing more than PF (assuming they were not an active couple and her 11/25 text said something along the lines of ‘don’t call me I’ll call you’) Even the information from the aunt (that could be based on CB convo with PF on 12/2) was that PF said KB went to visit family, if any KB relatives heard that info before 12/2, then it’s even more baffling they didn’t report her missing before 12/2.
The thought it could be him that put up the reward has crossed my mind.
I still don't blame her family for not reporting her missing though.

Yes, I do. I certainly believe she left her home on her own accord, but at this point I don’t believe she left town and remained missing on her own. I believe somebody else (not PF) is responsible.
Any theory as to how she left? Her cars are accounted for, no planes are missing, public or private transportation (bus, train, Uber, taxi) I'd like to believe she would have been spotted. This is a serious question as I respect always your opinions, so would be curious to hear what you think.

Playing devil’s advocate what if $25,000 donation came from PF. Would that change the opinion of those that are 100% sure he’s guilty?

And if you feel he’s guilty and if he’s the 25k donor that makes you feel he’s more guilty....then PF is absolutely correct to not speak to LE or the media. MOO If innocent PFs life is already ruined.

Also having followed this case since the beginning, only verified information I have seen is texts were from KBs phone to her job and PF on 11/25. Mom called PF on 12/2 and shortly after called police and teported KB missing. JMO (but based on MSM and police timelines to arrive at my opinion)

If PF was involved he got a HUGE assist from KBs family and friends that no one noticed (enough) from 11/23 to 12/1 that they hadn’t heard from her/she wasn’t responding to calls and texts. I blame her family and friends for not reporting her missing more than PF (assuming they were not an active couple and her 11/25 text said something along the lines of ‘don’t call me I’ll call you’) Even the information from the aunt (that could be based on CB convo with PF on 12/2) was that PF said KB went to visit family, if any KB relatives heard that info before 12/2, then it’s even more baffling they didn’t report her missing before 12/2.

Really? You blame her family more, even though they did not live in the same state or see or talk to her every day? He was the one controlling what they knew about the situation. How could they know what was said in 12/02 call before 12/02?

If you know (depending on how long ago you lived there), does Woodland Park have residential mail delivery, or must everyone have a PO Box?

Woodland Park has residential mail delivery, but neighborhoods have cluster boxes that mail goes into. Houses do not have their own individual mailbox at the house. Packages will be taken directly to the house if the house if within 0.5 miles of the recipient's cluster box. I don't know about Florissant. The more rural areas could very well be PO Box only.

Whenever I’ve parked behind cars like that, it’s because I’m popping in and out of somewhere quickly, even leaving my car running. This, to me, indicates that PF was hurriedly picking up his daughter, not wanting to stay longer than needed. Which matches the rumors of a break up. If a couple are happily engaged, they share time together with their child, they don’t take turns with the child. Especially on Thanksgiving.
Or, he could have been picking both of them up. AFAIK, the "rumors" about their breakup seems to have come from PF.

ETA MOO

I watched the Border Collie training videos, and must say they give me a strange vibe. I’ve bred/rescued/trained dogs for a long time, essentially worked with them professionally most of my life. The sense I get is that they have been trained with radio/shock collars. They crouch and watch him like they’re supposed to, but also shiver and hesitate. They body language exudes anxiety & fear.

I have seen hunting dogs (bird dogs) act this exact same way when trained via shock collar. I’m not saying all owners are like this who use shock collars, but the ones I have seen tend to be the “macho/tough/gonna-train-my-dog-to-respect-me” types. Some people would argue that this is perfectly acceptable/normal training for a dog of this type, and I wouldn’t really argue... except I have also seen training done without these methods, and know that this fearful/anxious way is not the “only” way. And it does give me a negative feel towards owners who feel the need to use these methods.

Is the $25,000 for her safe return or for information that leads to her whereabouts?

I am not 100% sure of much. But I'm in the high 90% range on this one. And I am sure that a lot of other people are as well.

In terms of KB's relatives not sounding the alarm sooner, they don't live close by, it's the holidays, and she's a busy mom. Under these circumstances, I don't think they waited an unusually long time to report her missing.

PF on the other hand, should have expected the mother of his small child to check in long before a week had passed, regardless of whether or not they had recently broken up. He should have been the one to report her missing. And the fact that he didn't tells me more than $25,000 ever could.

Last edited:
The thought it could be him that put up the reward has crossed my mind.
I still don't blame her family for not reporting her missing though.
I thought this very same thing. He may have anonymously put up the money. I doubt it though...his business revenue is only 100 grand a year before expenses and taxes. Also CB said he was having some money issues due to the price for cattle declining.

Yes, there is reason to doubt this is true. Since Kelsey is missing, the aunt's info had to have come from PF. JMO.

Not necessarily. K could have told her mom that morning and mom is in denial. Maybe k is really close to this aunt and called her to cry on her shoulder. We don't know.

$25,000 reward for information from an anonymous donor leading to the recovery of Kelsey. I wouldn't typically seek reward money in a missing person case, but the fact that the single donor is anonymous and the trail for Kelsey seems cold...

I might go looking. Where?

I would try to think like my POI.

"I" have long standing knowledge of the area and hills around Woodland Park and Florissant. I have a truck and get it dirty.

I committed a spontaneous crime of passion. I am in the vicinity of Woodland Park. I may make a call to a person I can trust. Or figure out my next steps on my own. Either way, I have evidence I do not want found that I have to deal with quickly.

I have Thanksgiving plans so my time is limited. I start driving back towards Florissant as a natural instinct. Thinking, where do I go that is remote with little traffic? I may pull over and think. Thinking a place without homes and traffic.

I know route 24 to Florissant is out, too open and too much traffic. Same thing with Rte 67 through Divide, between Woodland Park and Florissant. Can't get close to Florissant or too suspicious. There are lots of dirt roads but most roads have homes, and I risk getting stopped or seen by protective homeowners. I can't just drop evidence on the side of a dirt road since there is ranching and outdoor activity. And the smell of decomposition. In my limited knowledge of these things, I think disposing with water over leaving in open air. But not open water.

I know a place that is remote, the North Catamount reservoir. I head out to the lake. Not to the boat ramp areas, but taking a right onto the dead end shore dirt road leading to the head of the reservoir.

There is an extended swamp area right next to the dirt road. Little chance of traffic on this dead end. Means little chance of discovery, at least that's my thought in my panic.

So the north side of North Catamount reservoir might be a place to take a dog for a walk or fly a drone, IMO.

I believe the evidence was dropped within a couple of hours of Kelsey disappearing due to Thanksgiving obligations of some sort, and has not been moved. This is not going to be near Florissant, meaning it's more likely to be close to Woodland Park. Not disposed of over the course of days as could be suggested, involving retrieval and replacement. Too unpleasant and brings a new rash of forensic evidence in a vehicle. Driving on dirt roads is slow, so the potential evidence zone is probably smaller than most think, ie thinking the endless wilderness.

Most likely a hasty action instead of a drawn out well-planned process.

Sometimes we overthink things. I'd go looking. I'd take a drive to the reservoir.

For $25,000.

$25,000 reward offered for missing Colorado woman Kelsey Berreth

There are sooooooo many places in this area where one could dump a body, especially this time of year since there are typically less people hiking. (Random hikers are usually the ones that find remains around here). It would be a needle in a haystack to go searching for her. And since we are moving into the winter months where it's more likely to have a blanket of snow on the ground, that makes even harder.

He might have put up the reward anonymously like this, possible knowing he would never have to pay it. Hint hint. Opinions, opinions.
Could be that too,but then that's taking quite a gamble that lips won't loosen,if he is guilty of foul play. It could backfire on him big time.

Maybe the police had referred to him as "the father of her child" rather than "her boyfriend" because he had shown them a text where she claimed to be leaving him. If he indeed orchestrated that text from her phone, he must have done it with the intent of sharing it with someone. He wold look extra extra suspicious if he never responded to that text, given that they have a child together.

I wonder if whoever did this, did so in a way that would be hard to be caught. A random place, outdoors, where dogs would have difficulty locating the spot. Otherwise, why make the effort to drive to Idaho? If you kill in a house, or in a commonly known space, you have to assume that dogs could smell that. The effort to drive all the way to Idaho with her phone would be silly at that point. You would know police would be searching her house, PF’s house, PF’s land, nearby land. I personally wouldn’t then take the effort to drive 1200+ miles to send a text.

Where does KB mother live? Close by, another state?

Also, where can I view the videos of PF's dog training videos?

Having working dogs myself, I'm curious....

Not necessarily. K could have told her mom that morning and mom is in denial. Maybe k is really close to this aunt and called her to cry on her shoulder. We don't know.

Why would CB be in denial? If KB had said they broke up and then disappeared, she would probably believe her daughter and the narrative would be different now. The family's first story to MSM would have been, "Kelsey broke up with him, then disappeared," which would have been a very strong piece of evidence against him. It makes sense that it came from PF.

ETA MOO

Last edited:
Didn't I read earlier there was a one million dollar plus reward out for Kelsey?
What happened to that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members