Match! AR - Little Rock, WhtMale UP5813, 45-75, Under I430 Overpass, 25 Sep'00- Bobby Wayne Burr

creepedout

Reaction score
I can't find a thread on this case, so I figure I'll start a new one. On September 25, 2000, a white male aged 45-75 was found dead under an Interstate 430 overpass in Little Rock, AR.

Warning: Morgue image at link
https://identifyus.org/en/cases/5813

Although the listed eye color is not the same, he has a strong resemblance to Bobby Burr, who was last heard from in 2000, when he was 55, and was homeless in Little Rock:

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/9810/

Burr is not listed among the ruleouts. I'd like opinions on this one; if others agree, I believe it should be submitted. DNA is listed as on file for both.

Got a fast response. This will be reviewed by Doe Network's panel, as it does not appear they have been compared before.

I'm somewhat surprised to hear that considering the obvious circumstantial and geographical similarities here.

I've received another email from Mary Bell at the Doe Network. This has been submitted to Namus, Arkansas Crime Lab, and Little Rock Police, and though it may take months to confirm, they are 100% sure that this is a match. She is wondering, if this is confirmed, if she can credit me with my screen name (which I supplied them with) - and that is what I prefer. Unfortunately I'm unable to reply to her email to confirm this as it would reveal additional information that I don't wish to supply - the email address I supplied them is an anonymizer that forwards the mail to me. Could someone send a message to marybell(at)doenetwork.org and point her in the direction of this thread? Thanks in advance.

I've received another email from Mary Bell at the Doe Network. This has been submitted to Namus, Arkansas Crime Lab, and Little Rock Police, and though it may take months to confirm, they are 100% sure that this is a match. She is wondering, if this is confirmed, if she can credit me with my screen name (which I supplied them with) - and that is what I prefer. Unfortunately I'm unable to reply to her email to confirm this as it would reveal additional information that I don't wish to supply - the email address I supplied them is an anonymizer that forwards the mail to me. Could someone send a message to marybell(at)doenetwork.org and point her in the direction of this thread? Thanks in advance.

Great work on the likely match. Hopefully you can bring some closure for Bobby Burr's family.

Somebody with a Namus account - can you open this case and see if there are any ruleouts added? Still waiting on confirmation this is a match.

Somebody with a Namus account - can you open this case and see if there are any ruleouts added? Still waiting on confirmation this is a match.
The unidentified is still up, but the missing profile is not. There is no ruleout for Bobby Burr though. I wonder if they leave the Unidentified profiles up so as not to give away who they matched with. if the family requested to keep it private? Ive done a couple of 99% positive matches and they took down the missing person profile and left the unidentified up. Dont know? You can still view the Charley Project page for Bobby Burr

From what I’ve seen, when it’s a match, they will generally remove both profiles. However, sometimes there is a delay on one or the other. I would check again in a few days.

Way to go creepedout!! It is kind of amazing that they didn’t make that match given the stat similarities but that’s why they need people like us! Are you able to check in with your contact to get an update?

Doe Network has my contact info regarding this and other cases so I'm hoping they'll notify me if it's a confirmed match. My only thought on why this wasn't detected sooner is that the eye colors didn't match - blue vs hazel. But everything else was virtually identical - including homeless in southwest Little Rock. The morgue image also appeared to be the same person

*MORGUE IMAGE AT LINK*
Unidentified Person Case

compared to Burr's photo at

Bobby Wayne Burr – The Charley Project

Just for completeness: the ruleouts are

MP8994 Michael Allan 10/31/1997 Pasco FL
-- Richard Lewis -- -- KS
MP180 Larry Trent 02/28/1997 Hawkins TN
MP7552 Jackie Urich 07/12/1998 Adair OK
MP3027 Michael Watkins 11/06/1998 Lancaster NE

Unidentified Person Case

They might well still be waiting for confirmation of the match. There was a case in Massaschusetts a while back that took almost three years.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back