CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have questions regarding the timeline; Häs it been established whether she baked the muffins before she spoke to her mother to request a recipe? And did that conversation occur the same day she was caught on camera shopping?
Reportedly, CB talked with KB twice on 11/22 -- same day KB captured on Safeway surveillance. No confirmation of the time of the calls, or when KB actually baked cinnamon rolls that were found on her stove top on 12/2.

A person who raises animals and a cattle rancher would know exactly how to dispose of anything that needed to be gone.
Sorry that this is where my thoughts are headed.
It's just that if harm's been done... I want to see justice for Kelsey.

I was thinking this too. The other night I read on an earlier thread about some ranchers have a service that picks up dead animals. I don't know if he uses such a service or if they simply bury the carcasses -- he'd have to have heavy equipment for that. Do they do any butchering of cattle for meat? If so, and he does use a service, I would suppose it's possible to have a body or body parts mixed in? Sounds awful, but we've all heard similarly awful stories.

My thoughts on PF pulling the trailer to the waste management: perhaps he was doing friends a favor by hauling "their" garbage and that's why they did the unloading.

Lot 1: Scrap, Border Collie, 2 year old male, consigned by Patrick Frazee, CO $2500.00
Lot 6: Bell, Border Collie, 2 year old female, consigned by Patrick Frazee, CO $3000.00

Consignors had the opportunity to work their dogs on cattle at 9 a.m. and the sale was at 1 p.m. Both the preview and the sale were carried live on the internet to allow online bidding. Phone bids were also taken. This is the second year for this sale.

sorry this has nothing to do with KB but Patrick be making bank off his puppers
Very valuable dogs PF is breeding, raising and training. Thanks.

That is what he told her mother when she called him. And the Aunt said no one in the family were aware she was coming to Soap Lake.
It seems to be something the aunt put out:

Kelsey Berreth: Police Search Fiancé’s Ranch In Hunt For Missing Colorado Mom

"...One of Kelsey’s aunts posted in a Facebook group for truckers, describing Frazee as Kelsey’s “ex,” rather than her fiancé. (When reached by phone this week, the aunt declined to comment.)

“Our niece is missing and has been for a week,” the aunt wrote on Dec. 3. “Her phone was last pinged near Gooding Idaho. She told her ex when she dropped off their baby that she was heading to family in Washington. Please help us get the word out to the truckers in that area last week. If anyone has seen her contact the authorities immediately.”

“Our niece is missing … She broke up with her ex on Thanksgiving, he said she dropped off the baby and was heading to Soap Lake Washington to visit.”

— Kelsey Berreth’s aunt, posting on a Facebook group ..."

---

I know the VI has reportedly corrected that wrong pickup/dropoff info. to PF picked up the baby. But that still does not clarify how the aunt acquired this info. about a trip. And according to DM, the mother CB asked the aunt specifically to delete the statement about the breakup, which has been reported by the aunt and repeated by others as variously occurring the day before Thanksgiving or on Thanksgiving.

I did not hear this info. about a trip from CB as you claim. If the aunt heard it from CB, because CB says PF told her this story, then this is 2nd hand 'he said/she said/she said' hearsay. I don't think it's appropriate to put words in someone else's mouth.

I was thinking this too. The other night I read on an earlier thread about some ranchers have a service that picks up dead animals. I don't know if he uses such a service or if they simply bury the carcasses -- he'd have to have heavy equipment for that. Do they do any butchering of cattle for meat? If so, and he does use a service, I would suppose it's possible to have a body or body parts mixed in? Sounds awful, but we've all heard similarly awful stories.

My thoughts on PF pulling the trailer to the waste management: perhaps he was doing friends a favor by hauling "their" garbage and that's why they did the unloading.

A guy who worked at the same firehouse as my dad took early retirement and bought a small farm...my dad and a few others at the station had teenager daughters, and when we started dating, the joke between all the firefighters was that if any boy messed with any of us, they would throw him on the "dead pile" at the farm. Obviously a joke, no boys were ever actually harmed by any of the firefighters, but the "dead pile" really did exist, it was where any animal who died on the farm ended up. I wonder if PF had something similar and that was why they were digging at his property?

I agree. It sounds like the ping data was accurate, atleast if this expert is to be believed.

By that I mean that her phone was within that geographical area.

I definitely think it was part of an effort to stage a particular scenario.

I just had a thought -- wondering if there are any railroad tracks nearby Florissant or Woodland Park? Maybe the phone took a train ride?

I just had a thought -- wondering if there are any railroad tracks nearby Florissant or Woodland Park? Maybe the phone took a train ride?
We’ve had a few discussions about the phone either being mailed or attached to a truck.

This scenario would encounter the same problems, as it wouldn’t explain that lone ping, or those text messages.

I can’t find a case where a killer has done something that sophisticated with a phone, and I’m not sure it’s even possible.

If it is possible, then how did the phone go dark again, and where is it now?

It appears her phone was off for a period of time, possibly as long as 3 days, prior to those texts being sent.

If a person was accompanying the phone, it’s theoretical possible, however I don’t know if there are passenger trains operating in that particular area.

I’m sure that LE would explore this possibility, as it would account for how KB could have traveled without her vehicles.

Re: the dog breeding info. So does the buyer travel to the breeder to get the dog, or does the breeder bring the dog to they buyer? May show familiarity with the area.

I believe they use whatever means to get the dog to it's new home. I was browsing someone's page last night and she had a dog that needed "to catch a ride" with someone to another state -- think it was Texas or New Mexico.

Last edited:

Hmm.... Why Gooding????

Welcome to Gooding, Idaho

Cattle and sheep ranching, irrigated and dry farming contribute much to the economy of Gooding, the trading center of one of the richest irrigated agricultural districts in the United States. Gooding is home to several trucking lines.

Gooding boasts an industrial park located along he Union Pacific mainline. The location of the Union Pacific mainline is a strong transportation component and is augmented by easy access to the interstate highway system. The business park offers sites appropriate to both light and heavy industry. The Gooding Airport is city owned, located just a short distance outside the city limits.

Gooding is also home to Gooding Pro Rodeo - now in it's 93rd year.

BBM

http://www.goodingidaho.org/

Hmm.... Why Gooding????

Welcome to Gooding, Idaho

Cattle and sheep ranching, irrigated and dry farming contribute much to the economy of Gooding, the trading center of one of the richest irrigated agricultural districts in the United States. Gooding is home to several trucking lines.

Gooding boasts an industrial park located along he Union Pacific mainline. The location of the Union Pacific mainline is a strong transportation component and is augmented by easy access to the interstate highway system. The business park offers sites appropriate to both light and heavy industry. The Gooding Airport is city owned, located just a short distance outside the city limits.

Gooding is also home to Gooding Pro Rodeo - now in it's 93rd year.

BBM

http://www.goodingidaho.org/

And plus he visits the local tip! Alarm Bells are now sending me crazy!

We’ve had a few discussions about the phone either being mailed or attached to a truck.

This scenario would encounter the same problems, as it wouldn’t explain that lone ping, or those text messages.

I can’t find a case where a killer has done something that sophisticated with a phone, and I’m not sure it’s even possible.

It appears her phone was off for a period of time, possibly as long as 3 days, prior to those texts being sent.

If a person was accompanying the phone, it’s theoretical possible, however I don’t know if there are passenger trains operating in that particular area.

I’m sure that LE would explore this possibility, as it would account for how KB could have traveled without her vehicles.

JMO
I cant shake the thought that the perp just made a mistake (thankfully for LE sake) and that as he was either burying or moving her body that the phone got turned on by accident, made the ping, and the perp quickly realized it and shut it back off.

Last edited:
JMO
I cant shake the thought that the perp just made a mistake (thankfully for LE sake) and that as he was either burying or moving her body that the phone got turned on by accident, made the ping, and the perp quickly realized it and shut it back off.

With the ping being the same day as the texts, isn’t it most likely that the person had the phone with them physically and turned it on near Gooding on the 25th in order to send the texts, which also resulted in the ping?

Waste Management was likely on alert about the ongoing investigation, and contacted LE when they saw PF and helpers unload debris at the facility. LE probably checked out the debris, and paid PF a visit first thing Tuesday morning. MOO
I’d expect that LE has had PF under constant surveillance. Doubt they needed someone to call them to know where he was.

With the ping being the same day as the texts, isn’t it most likely that the person had the phone with them physically and turned it on near Gooding on the 25th in order to send the texts, which also resulted in the ping?
Yes. The phone ping more than likely happened because the phone was on and active for a portion of the day. Other explanations are possible but less likely IMHO.

Hypothetical scenario: A friend of PF - or someone he paid off - took the phone with them and turned in on when they were far far away from the crime scene. The same person was instructed to send the two messages and then destroy and get rid of the phone. The only possible culprit in this case is PF. A mother would contact the person who was taking care of her baby to make sure that the baby is OK. She would not simply disappear.

I agree with the line of thinking that farmers in the country have more means to dispose of bodies than others may, due to more open land, disposal sites and methods. I don’t think it’s likely a perp would risk including a human body in the way you described, however, because it risks someone having a record of them ordering a pick up or using that service. It’s possible—just like anything is—but I would look toward burials, bodies of water; swamps, salvage/junk yards etc. personally.

Our septic tank and the lid are about 6 feet long and rectangular. The lid is cement with handles and requires 2 people to open it. We live in a rural farming area. The hole dug by LE reminds me of our tank, both the size and location to the home. Not sure it adds anything, but I'm just thinking of that baby and wishing her mama was able to hold and comfort her.
JMO, MOO, etc

JMO
Since we dont know where the texts were sent from Im not yet convinced the texts were sent from Gooding. I think they may have been sent earlier that day from maybe even Colorado still.

I think the main reason I think this is the way LE talked about that last ping. It seemed really strange the way they described it. I may be reading too much into it but it sounded to me like a lone single ping happened near Gooding Idaho which was strange to them.

ETA - Oh and this is what LE said below which has me thinking the texts were not sent from Idaho. Them thinking it was possibly a false ping has me thinking the texts did not come from Idaho.

Because if texts were sent from there too, then they would not think this because they would see other pings for the texts from there also.

"“It could just be a false ping.” Woodland Park Police Comdr. Chris Adams told KEPR-TV. "

Fiance Of Missing Colorado Mom Is Cooperating With Police, Lawyer Says | HuffPost

So I have kept open the possibility that the perp was transporting the body and phone and somehow he mistakingly turned on the phone as he was burying the body or dumping the body somewhere around Gooding Idaho. I tend to think it was a mistake he made.

The other reason I think this is my smart phone has a power button in a really bad place where I have accidentally turned on my phone before. My power button is in top right edge of the phone and if you grab phone too hard it will begin to turn on and can ping a tower.

Last edited:

I agree. In almost every case, with so much time to discuss things as a group, WS users—including myself—come up with complicated, high tech strategies the perp could have used to evade detection. And while there’s some sophisticated career criminals on record, most of the time the prep isn’t nearly as calculated as we give him credit for.

In Tad C.’s case, he had planned his abduction of a student. He had access to some money and ways to liquidate possessions to get more and time to think about it. I speculated that, under those circumstances and with so much lead time, he might have arranged a place to stay off the grid—maybe even worked out some minimally passable fake identity or dramatically changed their appearances. But nope. He just got ahead of them and hurried cross country, and while on the run, found a guy who let them stay in some cold run down cabin and then the guy saw Tad on the news and turned him in.

All this to say: Using technology to fake pings off an actual tower...or using a remote to operate a phone attached to a vehicle or shipped in the mail...those are things that have to be planned for and executed carefully.

Way more likely he dumped the body somewhere, turned on the phone and sent a couple texts, and then turned it off and destroyed it or dumped it in a third location in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member