CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
Kesely-Berreth.jpg

WOODLAND PARK – The Woodland Park Police Department is asking for the public’s help in locating a missing 29-year-old woman.

According to Woodland Park PD, Kesely Berreth was last seen in Woodland Park on Nov. 22nd.

Berreth is described as a white female, 5’3″ tall, 110 pounds, with brown hair.

If you have any information on her whereabouts, please contact the Woodland Park Police Department at (719) 687-9262.

Woodland Park PD seeking public’s help in locating missing woman

Woodland Park Police Department

Media, Maps, and Timelines Thread *NO DISCUSSION*

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9

Thread #10

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Everyone,

Please join me in welcoming Kelsey’s Aunt into our group of verified family members.
Remember a verified member does not need to provide links to back up what they post.
You can ask verified members questions but it is up to the verified member whether they will answer you.

Please be polite if you do have a discussion with a verified member. Posters who are willing to become verified do so much to help us understand what is really going on in cases on Websleuths. Especially in a case like Kelsey's.

Welcome Kelsey's Aunt. If there is anything Websleuths can do for you and your family please do not hesitate to ask.

Sincerely,
Tricia Griffith
Owner/Websleuths.com

MOD NOTE

I spoke to @Tricia and we will allow sleuthing of PF. Please use his initials when referring to him. Don't outright accuse him of murder on the thread. It's obvious LE is looking at him and is interested in him. So, we are using common sense and allowing PF to be sleuthed at this time. Of course this is subject to change if PF is publicly cleared by LE.

A couple of reminders:
Please note the red portion of liltexans post and adhere to her admonition.

I spoke to @Tricia and we will allow sleuthing of PF. Please use his initials when referring to him. Don't outright accuse him of murder on the thread.

Secondly, it is against TOS to randomly accuse family members of involvement in a crime. Moreover, their personal lives are off limits ( ex- health, backgrounds, relationships, etc. unless it is in MSM or disclosed by the VI)

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
Nobody will answer questions (deferring to Woodland Park Police). That includes:
- Fourth Judicial District Attorney (providing victim service for Berreths)
- Attorney Jeremy Loew (Patrick Frazee's lawyer)
- Woodland Park Police

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
(continued)
We've also reached out to several Berreth family members and Doss Aviation (Berreth's employer). No answers yet.

Rangerover, I respectfully disagree. What we colloquially call a "single ping" is actually a series of bidirectional packets transmitted between the phone and the tower.

In short, it is impossible for a cowboy in a truck with a yagi sticking out the roof to establish a ping a tower 100 miles away. This is dictated by the timing of the protocol, not by the physics of radio transmission.

MARRY ME!!!

This was incredible information, perfectly explained. Thank you!

Can you site any other cases where a person was innocent and behaved in this way?

I can’t, that’s for sure.

I’ve seen innocent people lawyer up, and refuse to grant interviews with the police and media.

I haven’t seen an innocent person fail to report a “loved one” missing, or make absolutely no effort to aid in the effort to find her.

There appears to be a long game being played here, “I don’t care what people think of me, as long as law enforcement can’t prove that I committed a crime.”

Hopefully this strategy backfires.

Spectacularly.

I can’t, that’s for sure.

I’ve seen innocent people lawyer up, and refuse to grant interviews with the police and media.

I haven’t seen an innocent person fail to report a “loved one” missing, or make absolutely no effort to aid in the effort to find her.

There appears to be a long game being played here, “I don’t care what people think of me, as long as law enforcement can’t prove that I committed a crime.”

Hopefully this strategy backfires.

Spectacularly.
Casey Anthony. LOL.

It was asked in the previous thread "what is the maximum distance a tower can be pinged from", in part to analyze the hypothesis that the ping from KB's phone was sent from an extended range via some sort of booster. I replied in that thread but want to repeat here.

I am an engineer although not a cell phone engineer. After digging deeply into the technical documentation of various cell phone protocols I've come up with the following absolute distance limits:

GSM: 35 km (21 miles)
"Extended Range" GSM: 70 km (42 miles)
LTE: 100 km (62 miles)

These limits are due to timing and not signal strength.

Without geeking out into the details, here is how a ping works:

Tower: Have any new phones wandered into my range?
Phone: I'm a phone!
Tower: Who are you?
Phone: I'm KB's phone!

Until the last message completes the phone has not identified itself. However, the cell phone standards requires that these messages happen with very strict timing. And that timing dictates that even for radio signals traveling at the speed of light, the sending phone isn't going to be further away than the standard allows.

Bottom line: The theory of a cowboy in his truck on a mountain in Colorado sticking up an antenna and pinging a tower in Idaho is impossible.

Source: I looked at about two dozen documents to figure this out. A very concise, although technical, description of the distance limit can be found in this document.

Last edited:
I am not sure that the baby can be removed even if he is a suspect...as he surely is now, whether they say it or not. They may want to, but not sure they can. Will be interesting to see if they, or prosecutors in another case, will make use of the Powell case in the future, in order to remove children due to a possible future threat. Jmo

Kind of on topic, but off topic..
All these cases over the years involving seemingly and reported ‘nice’ men who have murdered spouses, spouses/children to have a different life has really compelled me to search for answers as to why. Why do they choose to murder? We all ask the same question- why didn’t he just divorce, leave, walk away? Instead they sit on death row or with life sentences, or commit suicide in the end- knowing the law is closing in. Some I’m sure get away with it, but most do not. I believe the answer is it is directly associated with ‘toxic shame’. When shame pathologically turns to rage we see these murders happening. I’ve been doing some very interesting reading on the subject and it offers very logical connections to this phenomenon we see happening over and over. There’s quite a bit of interesting material out there on the subject. And there’s my PSA for the day.

It was asked in the previous thread "what is the maximum distance a tower can be pinged from", in part to analyze the hypothesis that the ping from KB's phone was sent from an extended range via some sort of booster.

I am an engineer although not a cell phone engineer. After digging deeply into the technical documentation of various cell phone protocols I've come up with the following absolute distance limits:

GSM: 35 km (21 miles)
"Extended Range" GSM: 70 km (42 miles)
LTE: 100 km (62 miles)

These limits are due to timing and not signal strength.

Without geeking out into the details, here is how a ping works:

Tower: Have any new phones wandered into my range?
Phone: I'm a phone!
Tower: Who are you?
Phone: I'm KB's phone!

Until the last message completes the phone has not identified itself. However, the cell phone standards requires that these messages happen with very strict timing. And that timing dictates that even for radio signals traveling at the speed of light, the sending phone isn't going to be further away than the standard allows.

Bottom line: IMHO the theory of a cowboy in his truck on a mountain in Colorado pinging a tower in Idaho is impossible.

Source: I looked at about two dozen documents to figure this out. A very concise description of the distance limit can be found in this document.
So, it works kind of like IP packet transmission. There's a bit of handshaking. Gotcha. And thanks for the detailed info.

I am not sure that the baby can be removed even if he is a suspect...as he surely is now, whether they say it or not. They may want to, but not sure they can. Will be interesting to see if they, or prosecutors in another case, will make use of the Powell case in the future, in order to remove children due to a possible future threat. Jmo

With no history of domestic violence and no absolute proof that he's responsible for KB's disappearance, there's really not much they can do at this point. I'm sure LE is watching him like a hawk, though. At the first hint the baby could possibly be in danger, CYS will step in. MOO.

12-14-18 PF's property search
12-15-18 Kelsey's door sealed and dated. PF's property search ends late in the evening.
12-17-18 PF spotted at waste management with two other men in two vehicles discarding items from a long trailer.
12-18-18 LE is seen at waste management taking aways items that were disposed by PF and "helpers".
12-18-18 LE goes back to PF's property for a "routine visit" based on the initial search
12-19-18 LE spends day at Kelsey's home bringing items in but not seen removing items.

Something has been discovered, IMO

Bringing this excellent timeline of recent events over. I agree.
This case is smoking and starting to spark.
Hopefully the sparks ignite soon.
MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads