IA IA - Jodi Huisentruit, 27, Mason City, 27 June 1995 - Anchorwoman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wondering if maybe JL tried to give Jodi the Miata as a gift, then Jodi said she would buy it from him instead? That would explain why Jodi’s sister said she helped her with the down payment. Maybe Jodi didn’t want to accept the car out right as a gift and wanted to pay what she was able to to JL under the table so to speak? JV said the car was a gift from a boyfriend which I had never heard before. Just speculating. I never gave much thought to the car but maybe it factors in more than we realize.

If this is factual, it definitely could be an interesting twist. Of all the years following this case, I've never heard this other guy mentioned.
That's just it, he was never mentioned publicly til the 48 Hours show. But it seems he lied to police when he told them he only met Jodi once to give her the car keys...Now, I'm not saying he killed her, or had her killed but it seems if he wanted to for any reason he could get away with it for sure. More than JV or anyone, he had the money and power to have it done without any trace back to himself. But again, there's no motive I could think of. And also her friend Billy Pruin who supposedly committed suicide a couple months before Jodi disappeared could be connected, as his family succeeded in having his COD changed to undetermined because it was fishy from the get go. Jodi had been investigating his death privately.

In the book "Dead Air" by Beth Bednar it states some were speculating that JV (boat guy) helped JH buy the Mazda Miata.
For those who haven't read that book - I highly recommend reading it.
jmo
Great book, I bought and read i t as soon as it was published. Looking back now, it does seem to be missing some interesting info, like the JL angle, but since it's the only one we got about Jodi, it still rates high with some new-at-the-time info. I do wonder if he was deliberately kept out of the book due to his position and friends in the right places...

Great book, I bought and read i t as soon as it was published. Looking back now, it does seem to be missing some interesting info, like the JL angle, but since it's the only one we got about Jodi, it still rates high with some new-at-the-time info. I do wonder if he was deliberately kept out of the book due to his position and friends in the right places...

I've wondered why he was left out of the book as well. It could be Beth didn't know about JL at the time, she contacted JL and he wasn't willing to talk, nobody would say anything because of who he was in general or she couldn't possibly fit everything in the book. People say there's 6 degrees of separation, but this book puts Mason City at more like 2 degrees of separation.
jmo

This is the longest missing person's case I've ever followed. I remembered when it happened, I was living in Colorado then and recall the Unsolved Mysteries segment and a few news stories...But nothing has given new life and hope to these older cases like the internet and websites like FindJodi.com and this site. Let 2019 be the year they bring Jodi home..

This is the longest missing person's case I've ever followed. I remembered when it happened, I was living in Colorado then and recall the Unsolved Mysteries segment and a few news stories...But nothing has given new life and hope to these older cases like the internet and websites like FindJodi.com and this site. Let 2019 be the year they bring Jodi home..

The longest cases I've followed are Jacob Wetterling's and Jodi's. I live in MN and not far from from Mason City. Let 2019 be the year!!!!

ETA: I lived in CO too, but that was before either of these cases. :)

The longest cases I've followed are Jacob Wetterling's and Jodi's. I live in MN and not far from from Mason City. Let 2019 be the year!!!!

ETA: I lived in CO too, but that was before either of these cases. :)
BBM
I was there for Jon Benet and Columbine, then moved shortly after. Was there visiting a couple years ago. I still love it, wish I could move back but geez, all these crazy cases, the Watts and now Kelsey. I still haven't caught up on that thread and I'm still worn out from the Watts case plus ALL that material. And a full time job, lol. Jodi's thread has some life again but its nothing like those careening wrecks

BBM
I was there for Jon Benet and Columbine, then moved shortly after. Was there visiting a couple years ago. I still love it, wish I could move back but geez, all these crazy cases, the Watts and now Kelsey. I still haven't caught up on that thread and I'm still worn out from the Watts case plus ALL that material. And a full time job, lol. Jodi's thread has some life again but its nothing like those careening wrecks

My brother still lives in CO and I try to visit a couple times a year. I love CO and the mountains, but IMO it's not what it used to be.
I've been following the CW and KB threads too. I agree - it's hard to keep up with a FT job and life outside of WS. I'm glad to see some life back in the JH thread too. :)

This case is peculiar in its nature - I looked it up on Iowa Cold Cases. Much like Websleuths, I like to read through the old cases unsolved in my state and read the comments and theories. It appears several comments were deleted due to someone allegedly spreading false rumors, and further posts were discussing the posts but it's unclear what those were posts were about. There are just so many rumors making it difficult to follow and know what's true and what's factual.

I was only three when Jodi went missing and have only seen her name in the headlines for as long as I can remember; I've only recently started researching the case in detail. It makes me sad reading about the poor forensic evidence collected from this case.

In this case, the car is really the main piece of evidence. I can't believe it was returned to the family so soon. I, too, wonder what became of it. It makes perfect sense that JL's name has stayed out of the case, being a prominent member of the community. I feel like his involvement might be key in connecting the dots in this case.

JV's demeanor has always been odd, and my gut reaction has always been to point fingers at him, but I'm starting to feel like he might just be an innocent victim in this case, which would explain why he isn't talking anymore.

Random thought, but did JL have someone who was really into him and jealous of his apparent obsession with JH?
Is it a known fact that the abductor was male?
speculation. imo.

Theories I'm mulling over

a) a jealous female co-worker or friend who was envious of Jodi's success/fame
b) an angry lover (or someone who wanted to be her lover), who Jodi denied - possibly even a secret lover, who Jodi was trying to end things with
c) a group of people who wanted to make her disappear because she knew something and was threatening to go public with what she knew?

And then there's Tony Jackson, who also crosses my head frequently.

Anything's possible in this case. Hopefully with some renewed publicity this case can finally be solved - but someone has to start talking.

I thought it was interesting when the police investigator said something about not letting the cat out of the bag toward the end of the 48 Hours show. Then Jim Axelrod said something to the effect of-so there is a cat IN the bag? LE must be closer than we think. Or they want the perp to think that and slip up. The LE investigator (sorry I can’t recall his name) said “no comment” when it came to both Vansice and Tony Jackson as suspects.
Also there was a palm print or partial palm print on Jodi’s car but I don’t know who it has been compared to and what the results were.
I think it comes down to those 2 guys and LE doesn’t have the smoking gun so to speak on either of them.
I am hoping there is some DNA that LE can process with these new techniques that led to EAR-ONS. It’s been way too long.

I've read that in conjunction with Jodi's screaming in the Key Apts parking lot as she was assaulted, a name was uttered and heard. Does anyone know who the witness is who stated that, and what name was uttered/heard?
No one here knows? Would be interested to know the name heard. Might tend to rule out some suspects.

In the book "Dead Air" by Beth Bednar it states some were speculating that JV (boat guy) helped JH buy the Mazda Miata.
For those who haven't read that book - I highly recommend reading it.
jmo
Does the book have details in it that haven't before been released? Also, from the day I learned about the case and saw Amy being interviewed, I felt she had some type of axe to grind with Jodi. She just seemed very snarly when she talked about her. Has she ever been named as a suspect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd