Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #7 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sorry I had a typo there. BC ex wife told the FBI he owned a green duffel bag, not that it was missing. How did she notice the American Psycho book was missing? Why is his Ex wife now testifying against the FBI regarding search warrants?

Local residents in Champaign know that from the abduction point to stonegate apartments is a very heavily trafficked area. Anyway you go. Bradley, University, Springfield, Mattis, either way he went ya heavily heavily traveled. How did he subdue her so quickly in broad daylight in a car and no one noticed?
We do not know, it is possible he had an accomplice but quite honestly the fBI have amazing video enhancement capabilities and it is likely they would have spotted a second person in the car, likely does not infer certainty. A whack of a hammer on the head will down most people pretty quickly but we talked it all out before ad infinitum. We do not know . He could have shot her too, why clean the passenger door?
Is his wife testifying against fBI?

We do not know, it is possible he had an accomplice but quite honestly the fBI have amazing video enhancement capabilities and it is likely they would have spotted a second person in the car, likely does not infer certainty. A whack of a hammer on the head will down most people pretty quickly but we talked it all out before ad infinitum. We do not know . He could have shot her too, why clean the passenger door?
Is his wife testifying against fBI?

She testified against them in the evidentiary hearing yesterday....

She testified against them in the evidentiary hearing yesterday....
Thanks, I missed it, what did she say exactly, do you have direct link, please?
In relation to her granting search permissions?

Thanks, I missed it, what did she say exactly, do you have direct link, please?
In relation to her granting search permissions?

Yes. It was the testimony given on Tuesday. I posted a link to the News-Gazette story on it the other day. Here's another news website story done on it.....

Accused kidnapper's ex-wife takes the stand

Also, MC was on the News-Gazette Facebook page getting into arguments with people over the testimony and things in general. It is really odd that she would be doing this.....

Yes. It was the testimony given on Tuesday. I posted a link to the News-Gazette story on it the other day. Here's another news website story done on it.....

Accused kidnapper's ex-wife takes the stand

Also, MC was on the News-Gazette Facebook page getting into arguments with people over the testimony and things in general. It is really odd that she would be doing this.....

this
Emotions ran high as Miller asked Michelle, “Do you love your ex-husband as he sits here today?”

She took a very long pause, stared deep into Brendt's eyes and frowned while asking, "Is that relevant?"
thanks dm, i missed it, not sure why...did she not at one point present the prosecution with a jail letter he sent her and there were various arguments as regards whether the jail-letter could be admitted into evidence, about a year ago?
What has brought about this shift? what does she stand to gain by supporting her ex-husband at this stage, will check out gazette story on fb now..Wowsers!
Gazette link here again, Christensen's ex-wife differs wth FBI agents' testimony
really need a full transcript, is it on pacer or open?
Wondering now wdh was going on between them?

Last edited:
I saw the facebook posts, not sure allowed to link here or not?
She is a woman, no doubt damaged by the life she shared with him. Damage does not disappear for a very long time. Living with controllers plays with one's mind and they know exactly what buttons to press, this is particularly true and well documented in recent years with narcissists. She is a victim too, I wonder whether the courts will understand that? I do not know the people who made the comments but they are pretty horrible, she's trying to fight back, she's losing and that's just tragic far more than it is evil. I'm glad I read it because it forced me to get a grip on my own humanity and compassion. There go I etc etc...but for the grace of God.

And if I lose my ability to feel compassion for her, I am also taking on his disease which is insidious and contagious.
She is still fully controlled by him is my opinion, she needs help more than she needs more abuse.

It’s very sad to say but I think bc played everyone. Everyone seemed to think he just snapped, or that this was his 1st actual big crime. I’ve always y thought he was being mis read. He didn't accomplish getting where he was by being stupid. Even his rise to Akuma status, not by being stupid. He kidknaps, assaults,and or kills and disposes of a body in a few days...after having the guts to do it in broad daylight. His better half returns and jumps back in bed with him as the fbi visit. She talks about being scared of him and wanting a restraining order but takes a year to divorce? And in that time he walks in the vigil with another girl plotting....sorry this wasn’t his 1st ordeal and it don’t add up mc is working with defense now. I think all the people involved in bc life should be of interest. He may wiggle out of these charges but clearly he has a very dark past and more skeletons than we know.

I saw the facebook posts, not sure allowed to link here or not?
She is a woman, no doubt damaged by the life she shared with him. Damage does not disappear for a very long time. Living with controllers plays with one's mind and they know exactly what buttons to press, this is particularly true and well documented in recent years with narcissists. She is a victim too, I wonder whether the courts will understand that? I do not know the people who made the comments but they are pretty horrible, she's trying to fight back, she's losing and that's just tragic far more than it is evil. I'm glad I read it because it forced me to get a grip on my own humanity and compassion. There go I etc etc...but for the grace of God.

And if I lose my ability to feel compassion for her, I am also taking on his disease which is insidious and contagious.
She is still fully controlled by him is my opinion, she needs help more than she needs more abuse.
I try to feel compassion for her also, but what the family is going through and what YY went through infuriates me.

We can all pretty much agree that he is guilty of abducting her. Since that was the last time she was seen and the evidence collected. IS our justice system so blind in this case that he “could “ walk because “his” rights were trampled on? I couldn’t be the judge that decided that. Got to have faith, and hope justice and righteousness prevails.

It’s very sad to say but I think bc played everyone. Everyone seemed to think he just snapped, or that this was his 1st actual big crime. I’ve always y thought he was being mis read. He didn't accomplish getting where he was by being stupid. Even his rise to Akuma status, not by being stupid. He kidknaps, assaults,and or kills and disposes of a body in a few days...after having the guts to do it in broad daylight. His better half returns and jumps back in bed with him as the fbi visit. She talks about being scared of him and wanting a restraining order but takes a year to divorce? And in that time he walks in the vigil with another girl plotting....sorry this wasn’t his 1st ordeal and it don’t add up mc is working with defense now. I think all the people involved in bc life should be of interest. He may wiggle out of these charges but clearly he has a very dark past and more skeletons than we know.
He gave himself the Akumo status far as we know.. it is what he aspired to rather than what he gained. Maybe he hoped to gain that status by going on a killing rampage.. I'm not sure.

It takes a very long time for a woman to leave an abusive relationship.
The damage lingers for years and years. And one learns to weave it into one's psyche, it's always there, like the wound of bereavement, but if certain work is done, one learns to live with it, not necessarily learn discernment, that seems to arrive much later, if at all. We have analysed him inside-out and upside-down, we have a 'feel' for his nastiness, but if we hate him, we're taking on his 'illness'.
Those men and women felt they had every right to accuse her of anyting they liked, they abused her and showed her extreme cruelty, just like he did, as far as we know.
It was a free-for-all, it was courageous of her to take them on, not wise, but brave all the same.
It will be a long time before I ever gain the capacity to see him as a victim of his own sickness but the sooner I get there, the healthier I will be.
She did nothing to contribute to his crimes as far as we know.
Open relationships sound cool and dandy but invariably one of the partners is suffering deeply, and in her case, for many years. I sincerely hope she gets well.
If anybody screwed up this case, it was the fBI. Not her.
If I try walking in her shoes, my heart opens. It could happen to any of us. Murders happen every day and those murderers have family and people who love them. The betrayal they experience must be excruciating. I'm not about to add to her problems or contribute to her abuse.
She is just a woman, same as me. I hope she gets well and she has the resources to get well and a few good people around her giving her the love and support she needs.
Likewise TEB, I am really concerned for her welfare, she is being bullied too by his defense- that's at least 3 victims, one an unwilling participant, probably dead, that the other 2 survived with their lives does not entitle anybody else to try killing them.
It is quite possible she was telling the truth in her answers.
I doubt she knows where YY might be, I just doubt it. I could be dead wrong and am sorry if this comes across as virtue signaling, I'm doing it for myself. For YY.
I think the actual transcripts will add coherence here.

We can all pretty much agree that he is guilty of abducting her. Since that was the last time she was seen and the evidence collected. IS our justice system so blind in this case that he “could “ walk because “his” rights were trampled on? I couldn’t be the judge that decided that. Got to have faith, and hope justice and righteousness prevails.
He could walk with those violations of his rights as a prisoner, he could easily walk.

Reactions: DSM
He gave himself the Akumo status far as we know.. it is what he aspired to rather than what he gained. Maybe he hoped to gain that status by going on a killing rampage.. I'm not sure.

It takes a very long time for a woman to leave an abusive relationship.
The damage lingers for years and years. And one learns to weave it into one's psyche, it's always there, like the wound of bereavement, but if certain work is done, one learns to live with it, not necessarily learn discernment, that seems to arrive much later, if at all. We have analysed him inside-out and upside-down, we have a 'feel' for his nastiness, but if we hate him, we're taking on his 'illness'.
Those men and women felt they had every right to accuse her of anyting they liked, they abused her and showed her extreme cruelty, just like he did, as far as we know.
It was a free-for-all, it was courageous of her to take them on, not wise, but brave all the same.
It will be a long time before I ever gain the capacity to see him as a victim of his own sickness but the sooner I get there, the healthier I will be.
She did nothing to contribute to his crimes as far as we know.
Open relationships sound cool and dandy but invariably one of the partners is suffering deeply, and in her case, for many years. I sincerely hope she gets well.
If anybody screwed up this case, it was the fBI. Not her.
If I try walking in her shoes, my heart opens. It could happen to any of us. Murders happen every day and those murderers have family and people who love them. The betrayal they experience must be excruciating. I'm not about to add to her problems or contribute to her abuse.
She is just a woman, same as me. I hope she gets well and she has the resources to get well and a few good people around her giving her the love and support she needs.
Likewise TEB, I am really concerned for her welfare, she is being bullied too by his defense- that's at least 3 victims, one an unwilling participant, probably dead, that the other 2 survived with their lives does not entitle anybody else to try killing them.
It is quite possible she was telling the truth in her answers.
I doubt she knows where YY might be, I just doubt it. I could be dead wrong and am sorry if this comes across as virtue signaling, I'm doing it for myself. For YY.
I think the actual transcripts will add coherence here.
Very well said

A few things....

BC
I’d guess heading north, except that I’m in the camp believing there is no intact body to find; either he completely destroyed it before disposal, or in best case scenario deposited it somewhere the public has no access to (a mineshaft, a hog lagoon, a landfill, etc.) — I think LE already knows (from audiotape) and thus has never encouraged public searches.

According to a prosecution filing (docket #142 https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.ilcd.70076/gov.uscourts.ilcd.70076.142.0.pdf) LE does not know what happened to her remains. They come right out and say it on the first page of the filing:

"The defendant has not revealed the location of Ms. Zhang’s remains to law enforcement."

Moreover, one of the main reasons they have been monitoring all his communications in jail is to try and get some indication as to the location of her remains. Again, from the filing:

"More importantly, in this case, the public, in general, and the victim’s family, in particular, have a compelling interest in locating Ms. Zhang’s remains, and they still do. It would be a gross oversight of law enforcement to not pursue every legal means available to locate Ms. Zhang’s remains, including by listening to lawfully recorded jail calls."

Local residents in Champaign know that from the abduction point to stonegate apartments is a very heavily trafficked area. Anyway you go. Bradley, University, Springfield, Mattis, either way he went ya heavily heavily traveled. How did he subdue her so quickly in broad daylight in a car and no one noticed?

I remember reading a translation of a Chinese chatroom thread where some people who enhanced the video of her abduction claim that they see a flash of light as the car is driving by after picking her up. They went on to theorize that he zapped her with a stun gun or some other electric device. Then, there was the seminar held at one of YY's university in China, where a Chinese investigator claimed that LE video shows that YY disappears from view in the passenger seat about 15 seconds after being picked up. The criminal complaint says his car proceeded north on Goodwin ave *through* University ave. I have traveled up and down Goodwin between University and Bradley many times at all times of the day. On a summer weekday afternoon, I would not expect it to have heavy traffic at all. Additionally, there *are* security cameras that look out onto Goodwin well north of University ave -and they would look right into the passenger side of his vehicle as he passed by going north. So, I have always thought that he subdued her very quickly after she got in.

Also, in my post #1014, I forgot to mention that my theory as to why they searched his cell and interviewed fellow inmates while he was in court last Friday, is that through either receiving a tip from someone, or by monitoring of his communications with someone, it has suggested that he has something in his possession that gives a clue to the location of her remains.

FBI are screwing up all over the place. I think there should be a judicial investigation of their handling of this case from the outset. In document dated oct , linked above, they presented no theories at all, no reasons for short search, if any searching at all took place, it was minimal. Then they go break laws a couple of weeks ago again by conducting search in his cell without a warrant or fulfilling necessary requirements for permission. She will not be found now and if they were so hellbent on breaking the rules, why did they not 'obtain' the information from him in the early days and really break the laws but recover YY? I have seen a lot of strange cases but this beats all of them.

What! I've had to read several of the links and posts, let's just say, more than once. All I can say is can't believe it, but there it is in black and white. My blood is boiling at the thought he might get off with his heinous crime. Then I think no, the judge will not let him walk away from this Scot free, no way.

EDT to add that I missed most of this due to taking my eye off the ball for a few days, nose digging in elsewhere so serves me right, I should have checked my diary.

What! I've had to read several of the links and posts, let's just say, more than once. All I can say is can't believe it, but there it is in black and white. My blood is boiling at the thought he might get off with his heinous crime. Then I think no, the judge will not let him walk away from this Scot free, no way.

EDT to add that I missed most of this due to taking my eye off the ball for a few days, nose digging in elsewhere so serves me right, I should have checked my diary.
Glad you are back!
It's not looking good, no body, no evidence, feds screwing up left right and centre, a brilliant defence team, a new judge, a shifted court location, a smirking defendant... a controlled woman victim... teb being painted as insane on the advice of the defendant/controller to his defence... It's pretty #lit, ain't it? I think I need a break or a flight and I'll fingertip every inch of the place on all 4's by myself until I find something!

Glad you are back!
It's not looking good, no body, no evidence, feds screwing up left right and centre, a brilliant defence team, a new judge, a shifted court location, a smirking defendant... a controlled woman victim... teb being painted as insane on the advice of the defendant/controller to his defence... It's pretty #lit, ain't it? I think I need a break or a flight and I'll fingertip every inch of the place on all 4's by myself until I find something!

Oh kitty, I was just thinking to myself about hooking a flight. My days of wandering for hours on end are over due to old joints. That's old creeking joints by the way.

I just can't understand how things have turned around like this. What a mess, I'm broken hearted fir Ying Yings family.

Oh kitty, I was just thinking to myself about hooking a flight. My days of wandering for hours on end are over due to old joints. That's old creeking joints by the way.

I just can't understand how things have turned around like this. What a mess, I'm broken hearted fir Ying Yings family.
I dunno wdh we are gonna do... cracking up..but remember from the start the 'investigation'/search always looked dodgy, my guess is that after they spoke with his wife and she told them a half tank of petrol missing, they abandoned the search in the local area, yet I cannot see why he would have killed her so quickly either, all those 'meticulous' plans for a couple of hrs pleasure make no sense. \i imagine he would have planned to keep her and hold her or use her for a snuff movie or a necrophiliac 'exercise' which he would have filmed and sold on, anything less makes no sense at all...
Is there any stone we left unturned here,Jack?
Is there something in front of our eyes that we're not seeing?
A half tank of petrol and a missing book does not equal an out of town disposal site...?
I betcha there are traces of him on dark web but I wasn't sufficiently aware of where to search and I looked in strange places and watched a lot of strange movies, but I couldn't find her, but felt she is in there somewhere, it would be a natural place for him to go and be familiar with, but cops first interviewed him on 12th, he had more than enough time between then and his arrest date to get rid of equipment etc, but he quite possibly did not visit her again.. I still think he stashed her somewhere, alive or half alive and she died there alone, some time later.. I think they arrested him on the hop after the march.. in panic lest he take another girl (allegedly while under surveillance)
I think they screwed up there too... they should have watched and waited, placed somebody in his block of apartments, it was summertime, lots of apartments would have been empty in his building...
I hope I'm dead wrong, but it's not looking good.
What evidence have they, really? Hearsay? A tape? Is that it? I just have a hole inside me still and I feel she was placed in close proximity to his apartment...alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77