CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #13 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I was thinking, he got turned down and did it himself, until LE said this:
Additional arrests are "an absolute possibility" per Woodland Park officer.

LE also believes the crime occurred at KB's residence.
Only one arrest at this time, can't confirm if there will be additional arrests.
KB's phone DID end up in Idaho, working to try to recover it, phone info was accurate.
Just thinking here. Solicitation in Colorado isn’t necessarily solicitation to commit murder. It’s solicitation to commit a crime.

Possibilities that I’m thinking:
  1. PF asked someone to kill KB and they did it.
  2. PF asked someone to kill KB but he ended up killing her himself.
  3. PF asked someone to do something short of killing KB. But in the course of doing it, death occurred.
  4. PF killed KB himself but then solicited someone after the fact to assist in some aspect of disposal and/or cover-up.
Any other thoughts?

Solicitation - this is unreal and her phone is in Idaho- they believe she was killed in her home. Body not yet found.

Yes one of the most interesting things to me during the press conference is we learned that her phone was definitely in Idaho. They confirmed it was not a false ping and the Idaho location is accurate for her phone being there.

This is huge news because it means LE can concentrate on looking there for both her phone and maybe even her as well.

Imo biggest takeaways from presser:

1) first degree murder charge of pf
2) additional charge of solicitation of murder
3) KB phone did end up in Idaho, pings were accurate. Still working to recover phone
4) appears crime scene was KB home
5) 10 days until formal charges (sounds like more info will be released)
6) 30+ days before sealed docs could be unsealed
7) no known motive
8) more arrests could come, only one arrest so far

Great recap. I will add another big takeaway for me is that it seems as though a tip or tips from individuals are what broke/accelerated the case.

I’m sick at heart that she was murdered.
Many here had the facts straight. Amazing deductions.
Anyone think LE knows where her body is?
Would solicitation charge be related to the phone in Idaho (is that where body is?)?
The arrogance of this -MOO.
So glad the baby is with KB’s family.

Looks like a grey haired woman is in cuffs, too. Wonder how much Mama knew.

I haven’t seen “mama” but what I will say is the the first image I saw of him was “mama’s boy”
What I used to call “lily”. If it’s true the home he lives in is “mama’s” that speaks volumes to me.

Child support? Probably.

LE really has a tough job in our social media driven world. While they rely on social media to get the word out, receive tips, on the flip side, it really makes their investigations more difficult and sometimes dangerous.

Think about the pics of officials leaving KB's apartment with bagged evidence last night. PF could have easily been watching it unfold like the rest of us. Panic, and start making more rash, maybe even "end of life" decisions.
I think they anticipated this and were ready to nab him.

Re: this solicitation charge. So this means that he asked someone to murder Kelsey, but that person DID NOT do it. Right? Otherwise this other person would have been arrested too? Or is it possible that he asked someone to murder her, and the police don't know if this person actually did help or not? What charge would someone receive who helped clean up or plant the phone?

Oh, no! My deepest condolences to Kelsey’s family and friends. :(

Today’s press conference was the most informative by far. And so many member here had such good instincts. It will be fascinating to go back and read the pinned posts at the beginning on each thread and some of the recent posts spelling out everyone’s train of thought.

But in the meantime. What a sad and tragic loss. And bookended by the holidays. Wow. I hope her family can someday find peace and little K will be able to flourish and grow in spite of this.

He probably tried to hire someone to kill her and the person did not do it but came forward. This is what it sounded like - when they described the solicitation didn’t have to be complete or followed through with just the solicitation itself is enough for the charge. It’s an additional charge on top of first degree. I am guessing he sent the phone down to Idaho either himself or with someone else to plant the texts. I think they have a witness a good one who he tried to hire. IMO - this is why they still can’t find the body because fiancé is not speaking - but this person is helping.

Yes one of the most interesting things to me during the press conference is we learned that her phone was definitely in Idaho. They confirmed it was not a false ping and the Idaho location is accurate for her phone being there.

This is huge news because it means LE can concentrate on looking there for both her phone and maybe even her as well.
And maybe have a look at those airplanes registered to the F last name... I still recall the New York surgeon who flew his wife's body over the ocean... can't recall the case name.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member