CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #13 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
LE really has a tough job in our social media driven world. While they rely on social media to get the word out, receive tips, on the flip side, it really makes their investigations more difficult and sometimes dangerous.

Think about the pics of officials leaving KB's apartment with bagged evidence last night. PF could have easily been watching it unfold like the rest of us. Panic, and start making more rash, maybe even "end of life" decisions.
I’ve been thinking the same thing. It could make an already tragic situation even more tragic. jmo

Question to long-timers that remember this from another case.

In another case, law enforcement put up a substation of some kind to intercept any and all Cellular Communications coming from the area. I wonder if they use that device and had a sealed order to do such for this case? When they mentioned solicitation, it made me think that they perhaps had that device to trap any and all devices. In addition, I think it was on the Sievers case? That they actually had a cellular dump from tower during a specific time AND ongoing in real time and they perhaps did that also.

Moo

Just thinking here. Solicitation in Colorado isn’t necessarily solicitation to commit murder. It’s solicitation to commit a crime.

Possibilities that I’m thinking:
  1. PF asked someone to kill KB and they did it.
  2. PF asked someone to kill KB but he ended up killing her himself.
  3. PF asked someone to do something short of killing KB. But in the course of doing it, death occurred.
  4. PF killed KB himself but then solicited someone after the fact to assist in some aspect of disposal and/or cover-up.
Any other thoughts?
Honestly, I am too dumbfounded by this to even hazard a guess!

Yes one of the most interesting things to me during the press conference is we learned that her phone was definitely in Idaho. They confirmed it was not a false ping and the Idaho location is accurate for her phone being there.

This is huge news because it means LE can concentrate on looking there for both her phone and maybe even her as well.

From everything we found, including the cellphone expert who did the news interview. There is no such thing as a false ping. You can ping off a tower that is not the one closest to you but if you ping, you are in the vicinity. So the phone had to have gotten to Idaho

Now we know all the charges, I'm still wondering if PF gave access to KB house (key or left door/window unlocked) and that accomplice killed her. That person also took her phone to Idaho - spent the night in a Motel 6 or something- and sent those texts. Patrick was the orchestrator of all this.
ps. Crushing on Woodland County Sheriff - I like his thoughtful responses and no nonsense. :)

He probably tried to hire someone to kill her and the person did not do it but came forward. This is what it sounded like - when they described the solicitation didn’t have to be complete or followed through with just the solicitation itself is enough for the charge. It’s an additional charge on top of first degree. I am guessing he sent the phone down to Idaho either himself or with someone else to plant the texts. I think they have a witness a good one who he tried to hire. IMO - this is why they still can’t find the body because fiancé is not speaking - but this person is helping.

Yes I thought it was telling that he described the charge in detail and added the part about it not needing to be completed.

So general speculation about who this person was: a family member? A friend? Tried to hire someone on the internet?

I have something I want to say. I follow several so called crime pages and forums, Not one of them can hold a candle to Websleuths. Tricia runs a tight ship. The mods are top notch and snip my comments when need be. The posters on Webslueths are smart, kind people that are top notch. I appreciate this forum so much!

Thank you to everyone posting about the press conference. I can't watch the video at the moment, but I am up to date, thanks to WSers.

Didn't see the solicitation charge coming...though so many of us wondered if he had help.

So glad he was cuffed today. Great work, LE!

Jmo

I just saw the presser. I never had a doubt he was responsible for her death. The solicitation charge is interesting. I still suspect another woman was involved and his text messages painted quite a picture.

Poor KB. Like so many women before her, she trusted the wrong man.

MOO.

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
Sam Kraemer‏ @SamKraemerTV 30s31 seconds ago
Woodland Park Police Chief Miles De Young at the podium first. He says they arrested Frazee on charges of first degree murder in the murder of Kelsey Berreth. He’s presumed innocent until proven guilty. Taken into custody after 7 a.m. #KelseyBerreth @KOAA

Natalie Tysdal on Twitter
Natalie Tysdal‏Verified account @NatalieTysdal 2m2 minutes ago
BREAKING: Patrick Frazee being held in Teller Co. Jail. he was taken into custody at 7am this morning. #KelseyBerreth

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
Sam Kraemer‏ @SamKraemerTV 2m2 minutes ago
Kelsey’s daughter is back in the Berreth family’s custody. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth

Breaking: Kelsey's family not providing interviews. Daughter with family. #KelseyBerreth

Daniela Leon on Twitter
Daniela Leon‏ @danielaleontv 2m2 minutes ago
BREAKING: @PoliceWoodland DOESNT THINK #KelseyBerreth IS ALIVE.

9NEWS Denver on Twitter
9NEWS Denver‏Verified account @9NEWS 4m4 minutes ago
Per Woodland Park PD chief: Patrick Frazee was arrested at 7 a.m. in Florissant, Colorado. His and #KelseyBerreth's daughter is in protective custody.

Natalie Tysdal‏Verified account @NatalieTysdal 5m5 minutes ago
Breaking: Authorities have NOT found Kelsey Barreth's body but they do not believe she is alive. #KelseyBerreth

Tori Mason on Twitter
Tori Mason‏Verified account @ToriMasonTV 5m5 minutes ago
Chief Miles De Young: Woodland Park Police have not found #KelseyBerreth. They do not believe she is still alive.

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
Sam Kraemer‏ @SamKraemerTV 5m5 minutes ago
Per the charge, they believe Kelsey Berreth is dead. They still don’t know where she is, but Chief says they have information that has narrowed their search. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
Sam Kraemer‏ @SamKraemerTV 7m7 minutes ago
Just as we reported this week, De Young says cell phone records played a big role in getting the arrest. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth

9NEWS Denver on Twitter
9NEWS Denver‏Verified account @9NEWS 7m7 minutes ago
Woodland Park Police Chief Miles De Young says investigators don't believe #KelseyBerreth is still alive. Her body has not yet been found.

FOX21 News on Twitter
FOX21 News‏Verified account @FOX21News 7m7 minutes ago
#KelseyBerreth update: Fiance Patrick Frazee was arrested this morning on first-degree murder charges. Kelsey has not been found, but law enforcement do not believe she is still alive.

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
Sam Kraemer‏ @SamKraemerTV 6m6 minutes ago
District Attorney Dan May says Frazee was charged with first degree murder and solicitation of first degree murder. Formal charges will be announced in the days ahead. Arraignment date will be passed on when it’s announced. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth

Natalie Tysdal‏Verified account @NatalieTysdal 6m6 minutes ago
Breaking: Patrick Frazee charged with First degree murder and solicitation for murder. #KelseyBerreth

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
Formal charges will be announced in about 10 days, May says. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth

9NEWS Denver on Twitter
9NEWS Denver‏Verified account @9NEWS 5m5 minutes ago
Per DA: Patrick Frazee has been booked on charges for first-degree murder, solicitation to commit first-degree murder. Formal charges not yet finalized. #KelseyBerreth

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
Case now transfers from Woodland Park Police to @4thJudicialDA. They lead from now on. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth

Steve Patterson on Twitter
Steve Patterson‏Verified account @PattersonNBC 5m5 minutes ago
#BREAKING: -Patrick Frazee charged with first degree murder. -Kelsey has not been found. -Police don’t believe she’s alive. -The couple’s one year old daughter is now in protective custody. #KelseyBerreth @NBCNews

Du9LsFUUUAAmZTl.jpg

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
“We will not try this case in the press. That’s not what we do here,” May says. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth

Daniela Leon on Twitter
Daniela Leon‏ @danielaleontv 4m4 minutes ago
From now on Dan May’s office will handle the case and be the lead agency in #KelseyBerreth case.

Natalie Tysdal‏Verified account @NatalieTysdal 8m8 minutes ago
Breaking: affidavits sealed until investigation is complete. probably 30 days. #KelseyBerreth

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
Sam Kraemer‏ @SamKraemerTV 8m8 minutes ago
May says he anticipates it will takes weeks, perhaps up to 30 days, to tie up investigative leads. Then, they may unseal records. Those records are sealed to protect the investigation. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
Sam Kraemer‏ @SamKraemerTV 7m7 minutes ago
May: “The efforts by the task force have been phenomenal.” He says the FBI had about 20-30 agents here working it. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
May says they’re still at Berreth’s home processing evidence. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth

KKTV 11 News on Twitter
KKTV 11 News‏Verified account @KKTV11News 6m6 minutes ago
Woodland Park police chief: "Sadly, we do not believe Kelsey is still alive." #KelseyBerreth

KKTV 11 News on Twitter
KKTV 11 News‏Verified account @KKTV11News 6m6 minutes ago
The couple's child is back with Kelsey's family. #KelseyBerreth

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
.@SheriffTeller Jason Mikesell now speaking. He offers his deepest sympathy to the Berreth family. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
“We have a lot of tired officers in this community,” Mikesell says. He’s crediting community support in keeping them going. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth

KKTV 11 News on Twitter
KKTV 11 News‏Verified account @KKTV11News 5m5 minutes ago
The case is now in the hands of the @4thJudicialDA. Official charges against Frazee will be released in the coming days. #KelseyBerreth

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
Sam Kraemer‏ @SamKraemerTV 4m4 minutes ago
FBI Assistant Special Agent in Charge Mike Nordwall now speaking. They’ve provided a variety of investigative resources to the case. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
Sam Kraemer‏ @SamKraemerTV 3m3 minutes ago
That includes evidence response team, behavioral analysis, technical analysis and investigative help over the last three weeks. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth

"Due to multiple interviews we were able to make an arrest". #KelseyBerreth

https://twitter.com/KKTV11News/status/1076163839169720320
KKTV 11 News‏Verified account @KKTV11News 2m2 minutes ago
Multiple interviews led law enforcement last night to believe they were at a point where they could get a warrant for Frazee's arrest. #KelseyBerreth

https://twitter.com/KKTV11News/status/1076163957189074944
KKTV 11 News‏Verified account @KKTV11News 2m2 minutes ago
Law enforcement will not comment on what was found in Frazee's house during the multi-day search. #KelseyBerreth

https://twitter.com/9NEWS/status/1076164031822643201
9NEWS Denver‏Verified account @9NEWS 1m1 minute ago
Police can't say what specific evidence was collected following the #KelseyBerreth disappearance, or what prompted the solicitation to commit first-degree murder charge against Patrick Frazee. Other arrests are also possible.

https://twitter.com/NatalieTysdal/status/1076164037006757890
Natalie Tysdal‏Verified account @NatalieTysdal 1m1 minute ago
"there could be additional arrests due to solicitation charges". #KelseyBerreth

https://twitter.com/KKTV11News/status/1076164069046906880
KKTV 11 News‏Verified account @KKTV11News 1m1 minute ago
Law enforcement "will not speculate" on where Kelsey's body is. #KelseyBerreth

https://twitter.com/SamKraemerTV/status/1076164163636871168
Sam Kraemer‏ @SamKraemerTV 49s49 seconds ago
I just asked if they have reason to believe the murder took place in her townhome. Chief De Young says yes. That’s why they have been returning to her home for more evidence. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth

https://twitter.com/KKTV11News/status/1076164201171709952
KKTV 11 News‏Verified account @KKTV11News 40s40 seconds ago
LE says there is evidence that the crime may have occurred at her home, which 11 News saw FBI/CBI searching Wednesday. #KelseyBerreth

https://twitter.com/CMoore_News/status/1076164222281609216
CMoore News®‏Verified account @CMoore_News 35s35 seconds ago
Investigators believe #KelseyBerreth’s murder happened at her home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charharr