CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #14 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes because if they lived together for a period of time, they would be considered common law married and he woul automatically be the father of any child born in the relationship.
At least thats how it is in TX...I know, I went thru it.
Now we know why its been repeatedly pointed out that they lived apart.
I found it interesting that the first attorney never used the phrase "fiance". Seems like PF was trying to distance himeself from the getgo.

She was already in protective custody and apparently had been for several days. Notice you didn't see PF toting her around with him recently did you?? - to the waste management facility, when he was confronted by a reporter at his gate, etc.

Please provide a source that said baby K was already in protective custody prior to this morning (21 December 2018) at 7 am CST when PF was arrested.

According to this report (5:30 mark), Fox News asked police what's next and learned:
  1. There will be searches for Kelsey's body in the next few days.
  2. Forensic evidence will be sent to the lab
  3. They are working on retrieving more data from Kelsey's phone, which was apparently found and located near Twin Falls, Idaho

That's huge!!!!

According to this report (5:30 mark), Fox News asked police what's next and learned:
  3. They are working on retrieving more data from Kelsey's phone, which was apparently found and located near Twin Falls, Idaho
Whoa! Finding the phone is huge. They must have gotten good intel on the location. I wonder if it still has info, had a factory reset, still has texts or previous messages on it, call history, apps, etc.

It's hard to say because he hasn't been talking, but I just don't get the sense PF is the brightest bulb in terms of planning and covering all his tracks.

Oh, wow, where was the phone found? In a home, a dumpster, the ground, a car, do they know?

I'd say so. Is this the only report that has clearly stated that the phone was found? I find that odd. But God, I hope it's true.
MOO
My daughter texted me about 2 this afternoon and told me Kelsey's phone had been found. I asked where and she said in Twin and she had read it on Yahoo somewhere. I couldn't find the article she had read at all so I thought she was mistaken. Now I am wondering how the media missed this development.

Who is claiming her phone was found? LE only said that they knew the ping had come from ID, was not a “false” ping.

Not sure, the way it's worded is funny...it was "found" but not "recovered" apparently.

"Authorities searched Frazee's cattle ranch and Berreth's townhome but declined to say what they found. De Young did say evidence suggests "the crime" occurred at Berreth's home and that her cell phone was found in Idaho. Investigators were working to recover the phone, which is key."

Police: Colorado woman likely killed at home, fiance charged

I’m sure she received advice and I’m very happy it worked out this way. Things could change at the hearing and if PF’s mom wants to challenge this, she has a good argument if she’s been a daily caregiver.

I’m not an expert and it’s all my opinion. I just find it very interesting and not normal that KB’s out of state family has been given custody vs all of the local family members

It is normal for the child of a murdered parent, to be taken from the family of the accused killer, while they sort things out.

How would that child feel, as they began to grow up and learn about the murder? It would be very awkward and uncomfortable for the child. She would be living with the people who were siding with and supporting and sympathizing with the man who killer her mother.

I too hope it’s true.

But I am very skeptical, as I haven’t heard it mentioned from another source.

It is a very big deal, and I can’t imagine other outlets wouldn’t jump all over it.

Either it’s true, or their was some miscommunication, and they are talking about data from the carrier as opposed to data from the physical phone.
I'm skeptical too. I don't see any other sources for this either. I think maybe "her phone is in Idaho" could have been reported as "they found her phone in Idaho."

It is after 12 am here and I have family visiting from out of town for the holidays. I am tired so my admonition may not be as forceful as is warranted after all the TOS violations on the thread. Many posts were removed for bashing family, suggesting their involvement, sleuthing family social media and backgrounds. It is against TOS to randomly accuse family members of involvement when they have not been charged or named as suspects in a crime.

In addition, posts by an unverified member continue to be referenced when their posts were removed. Do not discuss removed posts or information garnered from other members who have not been verified.

These admonitions have been posted on the first page of the thread but many have ignored them. Post accordingly or there may be consequences such as thread reply bans, timeouts or bans.

Thread is open again.

Fiance of missing Colorado woman Kelsey Berreth appears in court | Daily Mail Online

Sheila Frazee, the mother of the suspect, has also been detained by authorities but not placed under arrest.

The divorced mother of four, who is a registered nurse, lives with her youngest son at the ranch, which she outright owns according to public records.

She also owns two additional properties in the area.

Her son meanwhile attends to the ranch and also breeds dogs.

Records show that Frazee was booked into the facility at 8:33am and charged with a felony, though the exact charge was not listed and it instead read: 'Please type a charge description here.'

That same source said that Frazee's arrest came after authorities obtained new information about Berreth that has lead them to believe she is no longer alive.

Frazee was arrested after cell records and data provided new details regarding Berreth's disappearance according to officials.

https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/12/21/us/kelsey-berreth-colorado-missing-mom/index.html?r=https://www.google.com/

This excerpt:

“We encourage law enforcement to take whatever steps it deems necessary to find Kelsey Berreth and to be able to exclude Patrick Frazee as a possible suspect in this missing person investigation," the attorney said. "Mr. Frazee will continue not to participate in any interviews with the media and instead focus on parenting the child he shares with Ms. Berreth."

Excuse me while I pick my jaw up off the ground.

Sam Kraemer‏ @SamKraemerTV
Replying to *****
It's my understanding the temporary custody hearing was filed for *before* the disappearance & arrest. #KelseyBerreth #FindKelseyBerreth @KOAA

*this is in reference to the child custody hearing
hot damn if this is true.

in my opinion this was filed on her behalf after the disappearance.
He walked back on this statement... he deleted the tweet and is following up on it. I also don't think the temporary custody hearing was filed before yesterday.

Sam Kraemer on Twitter

"I asked a colleague and that’s his understanding. But until I hear from an actual court spokesperson, I’m going to walk it back. I’ll delete the tweet to avoid confusion"

He walked back on this statement... he deleted the tweet and is following up on it. I also don't think the temporary custody hearing was filed before yesterday.

Sam Kraemer on Twitter

"I asked a colleague and that’s his understanding. But until I hear from an actual court spokesperson, I’m going to walk it back. I’ll delete the tweet to avoid confusion"
Yeah. That would be a game changer otherwise, as it could go to motive.

Missing Woodland Park woman, Kelsey Berreth, presumed dead; fiance arrested in her murder

Berreth’s mother, Cheryl Berreth, who lives in Idaho, reported her daughter missing Dec. 2.

Berreth was last seen alive on surveillance video Thanksgiving Day while shopping at the Woodland Park Safeway with her daughter.

Frazee told police Berreth, who worked as a flight instructor for a Pueblo aviation company, dropped the baby off with him at his house on Thanksgiving Day. Although engaged, the two did not live together.

Lon Rust, owner of Paradise Spirits, a liquor store next door to Safeway, said Berreth was a customer, coming in after work in her flight suit.

“We talked about her being a pilot,” he said. “She was just a real sweet girl, really friendly.”

When he saw news reports that she had disappeared, Rust said he was “shocked.”

When Rust heard about Berreth’s fiance being arrested, he said he thought, “What else could it be? She seemed like a fairly stable person.”

On Dec. 14, dozens of law enforcement officers descended on the 35-acre ranch where Frazee lives with his mother after obtaining a search warrant. They searched the property for two days with backhoes.

This week, FBI agents and other officers searched Berreth’s townhome.

Authorities have not revealed what they found at either location.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member