IL - False report, 13 mos child / vehicle stolen from Circle K, Farmington, Fulton Co. 15 Dec 2018

It’s concerning that it’s been 48 hours and little Bentley is still missing. Usually with cases like this where the motive is to steal the car the perps drop the child off somewhere. It makes me think that maybe the motive wasn’t a random car theft.

Regardless, I hope Bentley is safe, unharmed and being cared for.
Where are you getting that he is missing for 48 hours? I thought that he went missing today.

The original article was just updated, and it wasn't true. I knew it! What a waste. I'm so glad they figured it out so quickly.

Quote from the article:

Farmington, Illinois - UPDATE 10:30 P.M.- Peoria County Sheriff Brian Asbell confirms that police have learned the story was fabricated. There is no child in danger. State Police do have a suspect in custody now. They are working to learn more about what happened.

The original article was just updated, and it wasn't true. I knew it! What a waste. I'm so glad they figured it out so quickly.

Quote from the article:

Farmington, Illinois - UPDATE 10:30 P.M.- Peoria County Sheriff Brian Asbell confirms that police have learned the story was fabricated. There is no child in danger. State Police do have a suspect in custody now. They are working to learn more about what happened.
Oh wow. What was that about, I wonder?

Rosario Domínguez (@rosariodomintv) | Twitter
Rosario Domínguez on Twitter

BREAKING UPDATE: According to Peoria County Sheriff Brian Asbell, the whole story is fabricated. There is not a child in danger. Illinois State Police say they have a suspect in custody. They are working to find out what happened. #amberalert

Peoria County Sheriff's Office

UPDATE 10:30 P.M.- Peoria County Sheriff Brian Asbell confirms that police have learned the story was fabricated. There is no child in danger. State Police do have a suspect in custody now. They are working to learn more about what happened.

Peoria County Sheriff Brian Asbell confirmed directly to 25 News that the call of a missing 13-month-old was a hoax.

Sheriff Asbell tells us that the individual who first made the report of a stolen car with Bentley Dutz lied about Dutz being in the car.

The individual has been taken into Illinois State Police custody while the investigation continues.

BREAKING: HOAX – Peoria Co. Sheriff says Amber Alert call was a lie

Why would someone do this? And is the baby OK? I know it wasn't abducted, but does anyone know if he is OK?

I hope they do the right thing...

Fulton County ESDA

12/15/2018 - 11:53 PM - BRIEFING - MISSING INFANT FARMINGTON
At 5:01 PM a 911 call was received by Fulton County Sheriff’s Department reporting a stolen car with an infant in the backseat. A Farmington Police Department Officer arrived on scene shortly thereafter and was informed by the Mitchell Dutz that his vehicle was stolen by three suspects while he paid for fuel. Officer Steck notified Fulton County Sheriff’s Department, Illinois State Police and Fulton County Emergency Services and Disaster Agency. A command post was set up at Farmington Police Department and an investigation was launched.
During the interview process it was determined that Dutz had fabricated the entire story. Dutz was allegedly robbed during a drug deal and had used the infant as a way to pursue charges against the alleged persons who robbed him. At no time was an infant abducted or was there any car stolen. The alleged subject, James Jackson, named by Mitchell Dutz was not involved in any way. Once that was confirmed an extensive investigation was launched to make sure there was no infant at risk. An investigation was conducted with multiple different departments to confirm that no infant was at risk.
Farmington Police Department would like to thank the Fulton County Sheriff’s Department, Illinois State Police, Peoria County Sheriff’s Department, East Peoria Police Department, Bartonville Police Department, City of Peoria Police Department, Fulton County Public Information Office and Fulton County Emergency Services and Disaster Agency for their response. Dutz is being charged with Residential Burglary, False Police Report, False Representation of Police Statement, False 911 Call and various other charges are pending.

Three guys stole one car? That's unusual. And the car they chose was a 2000 Ford Taurus? This doesn't seem entirely right in my mind, at least if the car was the actual target here. Only explanation that could make this all make sense to me is if they were targeting a car to use in a later crime. Otherwise... I'll reserve comment at this time.

Looks like you were the first one here to call it! :)

I'm just glad to know Bentley is alive and safe.

And is baby OK? I know it wasn't abducted, but does anyone know if he is OK?
There is no baby Bentley, as the photo of the baby was stolen from a media site, and whomever the baby in the foto is, he had apparently been safe and sound with his parents, who doesn't even live in Illinois.
Authorities identify child whose picture used in Amber Alert hoax, does not live in Illinois

There is no baby Bentley, as the photo of the baby was stolen from a media site, and whomever the baby in the foto is, he had apparently been safe and sound with his parents, who doesn't even live in Illinois.
Authorities identify child whose picture used in Amber Alert hoax, does not live in Illinois
upload_2018-12-22_17-28-5.gif

[...]

As the Amber Alert triggered a multi-state search for a supposedly missing child, Darsham describes a bizarre scene where police were also searching for the man who filed the report. When the alert began to appear on phones inside the police station, Dutz ran out of the building. Officers eventually apprehended him after he broke into a car near a Dollar Tree in town.

Dutz began to change his original story and told an officer he was involved in a drug deal when his car was stolen.

Still thinking a child may be involved, the officer told Dutz he would be charged with child endangerment. That's when the teen dropped a bombshell that he'd lied in his report.

"He told the officer," explained Darsham, "'How can you charge me with child endangerment when I don't have a child?'"

Authorities canceled the alert around 1:15 a.m. Sunday. After further investigation, authorities determined no child had been abducted and no car stolen.

But for nearly five hours, the Amber Alert identified 24-year-old James Jackson, named by Dutz, as one of the black males who allegedly stole the vehicle with a baby in the backseat. His name and photo was posted on electronic billboards along highways next to the photo of the child. Police later cleared Jackson, saying he had nothing to do with the situation at all -- but not before he received numerous comments and threats on social media.

This prompted Jackson to post a Facebook Live declaring his innocence.

A Fulton County ESDA report initially stated Dutz allegedly wanted to use the infant to pursue charges against the persons who supposedly robbed him. But in court on Monday, an assistant state's attorney claimed Dutz fabricated the story in order to receive a ride from police officers.

[...]

:eek:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooreknowledge