CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #14 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we were supposing it was drywall because they were heard banging on the walls by the media standing outside and the evidence bags they were carrying out looked flat like drywall. I'm not sure it's been stated by LE that they took out drywall. Not saying it isn't, just making sure that point is made that so far it's just an opinion. Some others thought it might be cabinet doors.

Thank you for clarifying. Correct. I have no idea what they did or did not carry out. But to no avail since they did not find her there.
I think we were supposing it was drywall because they were heard banging on the walls by the media standing outside and the evidence bags they were carrying out looked flat like drywall. I'm not sure it's been stated by LE that they took out drywall. Not saying it isn't, just making sure that point is made that so far it's just an opinion. Some others thought it might be cabinet doors.

Thank you for pointing it out. Correct. I have no idea what LE did or did not bring out, but to no avail as they did not find her there unfortunately.

Not to be overly gruesome, but I do wonder if she was dismembered.

This isn’t a normal theory for me, and I’ve shot it down in prior cases where I saw it as unlikely (The Watts case).

I wouldn’t be surprised here, as it would make it easier to remove her body from the residence.

He also had the time to do this.

I've discounted this as well. However, my guess of method is strangulation which really should not leave any evidence. Since they found evidence of a violent death at her condo, maybe it is because she was dismembered.

I do remember that. The thing is though, PF isn't a farmer. I don't even consider him to be a serious rancher. My impression was that he tinkered in this and that - rodeos, dog-training, etc. I can't see how he made a living at it.
MOO

Thank you for pointing this out. I appears he dabbled in a few things. Looking at the team roping results, he is not very experience or not very good. Trying to say this in a nice way because I don't like to down anyone that competes. Everyone has to start somewhere. Again, looking at the results he was not a very high numbered roper.. This means that he has not won a lot or consistently. I also agree about him not being a farmer. He is a farrier, ropes a bit, has some cattle, and is a dog 'trainer'.... I had two border collies when I was a small child. Along with a healer. Neither needed much training to herd. Just training to not herd. I remember my mom yelling.. Get back here!! They were also my pets and protectors.. Anyway, he did seem to have a lot going on. Which leads me to this question.... which I also read on a news report... I'm hoping someone else did as well. He couldn't buy a house because of the cattle market being down? hmmmmmmmm I think Kelsey's mom had said this. I don't buy it.

Can you please direct me to your sources? I don't remember reading anything that said the home was trashed, the septic removed or all the animals were removed.

Oh my... I would have to look for that. I will. It’s been a bit since that happened now. But that’s a fair point.

I think I have certainly seen posts here about the impact of a detailed search. But I will keep looking to find those sources.

NCJRS Abstract - National Criminal Justice Reference Service

“Annotation: This experiment examined whether bloodstains under multiple layers of paint could be detected with luminol.
Abstract: All of the sections of drywall with paint deposited over the bloodstains (maximum of eight layers of paint) showed luminescence with luminol in varying degrees of intensity, but none of them revealed any recognizable patterns. As the number of paint layers increased, so did the amount of time required for the luminol to react. Photographs did not record the luminescence in tests on samples with more than four paint layers. Photographs for tests with three and four layers barely showed the luminescence. Although limited in its ability to identify bloodstain patterns under multiple paint layers, luminol can be useful as a presumptive test for blood concealed by paint. The materials used in the experiment are listed, and the testing procedures are described in detail. Four drywall sections were used as controls with the following conditions: untreated; one coat of primer; one coat of primer and one coat of paint; and one coat primer, one coat paint, and a splatter with 2 ml of blood. The experimental drywall sections contained a base coat of primer and paint to which blood spatter consistent with a beating was applied. One to eight layers of paint were then applied to separate drywall samples. The luminol kit used in the testing was Sirchie's 16B. The luminol procedure is described, along with the procedure and camera setting for photographs.”

Or he had hay hauled in for the animals, and doesn’t rely on his ground space to feed them....
I think he would have to do this, but it is expensive. In Texas those rolls are generally cost $40 per roll and up depending on the quantity of hay and that doesn't count if you have it transported. I think the cattle has for practice herding and training dogs.

Possibly he had property leased elsewhere where he grew and cut hay. Or where he ran cattle.

I've discounted this as well. However, my guess of method is strangulation which really should not leave any evidence. Since they found evidence of a violent death at her condo, maybe it is because she was dismembered.
That’s entirely possible.

The blood came from somewhere (if that’s what they found), and it may have been related to her disposal, and not death.

Good point.

Thanks Margarita25 :)

Howard, M.C. & Nessan, M. (2010). Detecting bloodstains under multiple layers of paint. 60. 682-717.

Using five different techniques [alternate light source (ALS), infrared (IR), BlueStar Forensic, luminol, and fluorescein], bloodstain patterns were detected beneath layers of paint. As a source of visualization and documentation, photographs were taken of the results. Results of this experiment show that all five techniques were effective in detecting bloodstain patterns beneath layers of paint.

Or floor boards, perhaps?

Right. This happened with Debbie Flores-Narvaez. She was killed by strangulation but was dismembered as a point of disposal after the fact.

I see a lot of negative commentary on this site about the other members of the Frazee family, Sheila in particular.

Why is it you all don’t see them as victims too? There has been no evidence that they were involved. If there had been, Sheila would have been arrested right along with him. They have all been damaged by his actions as well. They have lost the chance to see Kaylee, they have lost a son and brother, they have lost the mother to their grandchild. Are you all so cold that you cannot see that his actions have destroyed their lives too?

And Sheila’s home was trashed, there is no longer a septic tank, her animals are gone, and she is utterly alone. How is she NOT a victim?

I am not saying they are suffering more than the Berreth’s or even as much as they are. Of course not. So please don’t twist my words to imply that is what I am saying.

I am saying that trashing them on this site lowers this community to the same trenches of evil as social media sites. As many cases as you all have followed here, I would have thought you realized by now that PF is the evil one. Not his innocent family members.

I am praying for ALL of them. And for the sake of all of us, I hope this is not MY OPINION ONLY!

How do you know her home was trashed, the septic tank removed along with her animals and that she's alone?? Are you related to her and if you are, please become a verified insider...we need all of the insiders to participate.

As long as we are throwing out theories I still think stair treads or floorboards are good possibilities too. Maybe we will find out in 9 days. MOO.

First, I am not aware of comments by the Frazee family disparaging KB.

But I think digging into details of their life are inappropriate. Like posting details about SF’s property or her RN license, commenting about her disability, etc. That is trashy behavior and reveals nothing about the case. Sleuth the heck out of PF, but leave the rest of them out of it.

I referenced her RN license. It was mentioned in a news article so I verified the information myself. I in no way implied she was guilty of anything, I infact almost added that as RN’s we are mandated reporters and would assume she would have somewhat of a high level of ethics based upon her chosen line of work. I obviously did not because we are not supposed to sleuth his family but wanted to clarify facts ve speculation.

I’m sure this is unbearable for them as well and I can see wanting so badly to see the good in your child despite any red flags that may or may not be present. IMO

Gardenista, my thoughts exactly. I suspect he strangled her. Strangulation would ensure she didn't cry out/neighbors did not hear sounds of violence. He may have knocked her out prior to strangling her, though...JMO. Whatever his means, his intentions and his actions were evil.

Colorado is a dp state. Hope the D.A. goes for it in this case. Again, JMO.

Right. This happened with Debbie Flores-Narvaez. She was killed by strangulation but was dismembered as a point of disposal after the fact.

Seems like any method that would leave blood would be too loud for a condo killing, so I couldn't get my head around them finding evidence of violence at the condo. Dismemberment makes it fit.

True story ....I have had three iPhones and an android and same phone # for almost 20 years...

My phone number refuses to store ANY data on the cloud or my carrier’s database, something happened when # was ported from my old carrier to this one...it perplexes Apple and my major carrier .

When I get a new phone NOTHING can be moved over, I have to add it all back in. I also get phone alerts several times a week from Apple that my phone did not successfully back to the cloud...Apple is VERY sad about this and also emails me.

I’m okay with it and like that ‘big brother’ doesn’t have my info....but if anything nefarious ever happens to me, I’m screwed if my phone gets destroyed.

Point of story I’m very glad KBs phone is NOT like mine!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123