CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #15 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
“May also said that affidavits and court documents are sealed and it could take weeks before the documents are released in order to protect the investigation.

“We are not going to try this case in the press,” May said.

May also said that about 20-30 agents have worked the case as part of a multi-agency unit assigned to the investigation.

Murder cases are exceptionally rare for Teller County, the last one investigated by the Teller County Sheriff’s Office happened in 2013, according to data provided by authorities.“

Possible evidence found in Idaho during search for Kelsey Berreth

I know it is a tiny, if any, consolation...but at least her family has already been told that Kelsey is deceased...rather than clinging to hope that somehow she still might be found alive. Especially if her body is found...it might be a relief in a way more than the end of hope...? Jmo
They haven’t been told that exactly. I believe the quote from LE during the PC was that they “no longer believe she is alive”

Doesn’t the arrest affidavit usually follow along with the accused? So more and more people will see it, no? If so, I can’t imagine information not leaking

They haven’t been told that exactly. I believe the quote from LE during the PC was that they “no longer believe she is alive”
It’s effectively the same thing.

They don’t take saying that lightly.

Even if there are indications that someone is dead, they will not come out and say it, until it is all but confirmed.

They have strong evidence that she is dead, despite the lack of a body.

Well they charged PF with murder so it seems pretty clear. And the police chief used the phrase, "Kelsey's murder" a few times.

(Quotes for reference / trying to keep up (from a distance):

“Woodland Park Police Chief Miles De Young said during a news conference Friday morning that Frazee, 32, has been arrested on suspicion of first-degree murder in connection with her death.

De Young said that following numerous interviews over the past several weeks, investigators had gathered enough information to file for an arrest warrant. Although police have still not found her body, the chief said that they do not consider her to still be alive.“

Patrick Frazee, fiancé of missing Colorado mom Kelsey Berreth, arrested and booked in her murder

—-

“"We finally received enough information to implicate Patrick in his involvement in Kelsey's death," de Young said.
De Young didn't speak to a motive. He said the investigation ongoing and the work is "just beginning."
"I can tell you we understand you demand a full accounting of why this has happened, and nothing is more important to all of us than determining the circumstances surrounding Kelsey's murder and bringing Kelsey and her family justice," de Young said.

"I can tell you we understand you demand a full accounting of why this has happened, and nothing is more important to all of us than determining the circumstances surrounding Kelsey's murder and bringing Kelsey and her family justice," de Young said.

Fiancé of missing Colorado mother Kelsey Berreth arrested, charged with murder

Last edited:
I find this hard to believe myself. I'm thinking she was talking to him and applying for jobs at the same time. Possible she started her job search and found CO to be promising. Was talking to a guy online in CO and well... I can't imagine that she moved to CO to be with him without a job.
JMO I think she worked at the coffee place when she first arrived in CO.

Last edited:
I don't know...I think Kelsey might have really thought they were engaged.

My hunch is the pregnancy happened soon. They did the right thing by the child by co-parenting, with Kelsey wanting to marry (imo)....but she maybe didn't fit in with his family, didn't click with PF either, had different outlook on life, but she hung in there because she believed it was the right thing to do. He saw her integrity and commitment to their little family of three and realized he was STUCK with this....and he didn't want to be stuck.

jmo
So his solution was? a family of two? If he wanted out, why not just walk away? Did he think single parenthood was an easier life? That's why I tend to lean on him having a "dish" on the side. Perhaps someone that had what he needed, money or possibly a home/hobby farm. Maybe he felt trapped that he couldn't get out of living with his mother any other way. KB wanted a commitment of marriage not just and everlasting engagement. I think deep down KB knew the relationship was going nowhere but was "hanging in". Maybe she just wasn't quite ready to let down the curtain and expose that the relationship had failed. Was taking time to think things through.

That's interesting because I've been thinking that she possibly found out something nefarious about him by mistake and confronted him about it. I honestly can't see why a custody issue between them would become a problem considering they weren't married, lived apart, and already had a shared parenting schedule. What seriously could have changed if they broke up and went on with their personal dating lives? not a whole lot. People do it ALL the time. The divorce rate has been around 40-50% for as long as I can remember... And yet they weren't married so there's that statistic...
What exactly was their "parenting schedule?" Do we know? Was there a visitation order? As far as I know, custody was not established. Neither one had primary physical custody. Maybe one of them wanted sole custody, which would mean the other would only have visitation. Maybe they would have tried for joint custody, and split the time 50/50. Either way, it's not easy and each parent has to make sacrifices. If both wanted primary custody, they may have faced a long, bitter custody battle.
At the time of her death, neither one had primary custody. What if Kelsey wanted to make plans to take the baby to see her family for a holiday and he wanted the baby to be with his family? What if he wanted to take the baby somewhere for her birthday and Kelsey also wanted to do something special on that day with her daughter?

As far as dating is concerned, things can get very difficult when one parent starts dating someone else. The other parent may get very jealous that someone else is spending time with their child.
If they had broken up there would have been huge changes, in my opinion, especially if they both wanted different things, concerning the child.

What exactly was their "parenting schedule?" Do we know? Was there a visitation order? As far as I know, custody was not established. Neither one had primary physical custody. Maybe one of them wanted sole custody, which would mean the other would only have visitation. Maybe they would have tried for joint custody, and split the time 50/50. Either way, it's not easy and each parent has to make sacrifices. If both wanted primary custody, they may have faced a long, bitter custody battle.
At the time of her death, neither one had primary custody. What if Kelsey wanted to make plans to take the baby to see her family for a holiday and he wanted the baby to be with his family? What if he wanted to take the baby somewhere for her birthday and Kelsey also wanted to do something special on that day with her daughter?

As far as dating is concerned, things can get very difficult when one parent starts dating someone else. The other parent may get very jealous that someone else is spending time with their child.
If they had broken up there would have been huge changes, in my opinion, especially if they both wanted different things, concerning the child.

Hence...she had to go. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member