CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #15 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.

I didn't notice it before, but you're right. I don't see jewelry in any of her pictures. Although it might be because of the baby...my niece would grab and pull any necklace or earring within her reach, so my sister-in-law stopped wearing any.
Pilots are low on jewelry, as well as her SDA church. Jewelry can be dangerous around machinery, engines, can get caught. A plain band ring maybe, but even that can cost a finger.

Do we know whether the pings happened before or after K’s mom called PF? If it turns out to be after - I’m betting it wasn’t planned at all. I’d imagine PF contacted whoever had her purse and had them get her phone, so they could fake the contact texts.

This is part of why I don’t think her phone was thrown in the water. They may have planned to make it look like she killed herself enroute to Soap Lake.

Has anyone here talked about the possibility of some kind of animal tranquilizer being used to knock her out?

And it bugs me that there isn’t a video of her leaving Safeway. Why???

This doesn’t have any real pertinence to the overall outcome, but I have been wondering if part of the reason he avoided LE is that poor KB put up a fight and inflicted defensive wounds he did not want discovered on his person.

I am glad that he has been arrested, but that man has inflicted irreparable harm on his daughter and forever tainted the holidays for KB’s family.

I hope she is found soon and laid to rest in peace.

Responding to this quote from the last thread:

Wrappedup99
In reference to BLM land in Colorado, specifically Teller County, it is accessible to all since it is considered public land. There is dispersed camping permitted on much of this same land. My family has camped within herds of cattle on leased land in Teller County right above Mr. Frazee's home. Also, mines in Colorado are many!“

—-

This reminds me of the Anadarko land..:(

Quote:

Chris Watts: (re: cattle on the land)

——
ETA:
@PommyMommy, you got this handy by any chance? If not, no worries, tia :)

Last edited:
Where do I remember reading and who said PF was dealing with the slow economy? Now that I think about it it was almost like no one asked and it was just said. Maybe he was hiding money from something illegal and was afraid of losing that income?
CB stated in her televised interview that they were delaying marriage because the price of cattle has been down making money tight. I checked, the price if cattle has been down the last couple of years and some analysts predict it won't bottom out until 2020.

(Amazingly, the price of steak in the store is high!)

I don’t think he has much respect for females. In that YouTube video of him showing his trained dogs for herding cattle he kept calling the female dogs the “B” word way too many times instead of by their names. I know that’s what you call a female dog but it’s the tone and how he said it so many times. Sorry guys I’m so tired I’m not making much sense. Lol.

CB stated in her televised interview that they were delaying marriage because the price of cattle has been down making money tight. I checked, the price if cattle has been down the last couple of years and some analysts predict it won't bottom out until 2020.

I think that most of his money came from being a farrier, and not in the sale of cattle.

I also think this was likely an excuse anyways, as his financial situation doesn’t really explain them not living together, whatever the real reason was.

Last edited:
I don't know...I think Kelsey might have really thought they were engaged.

My hunch is the pregnancy happened soon. They did the right thing by the child by co-parenting, with Kelsey wanting to marry (imo)....but she maybe didn't fit in with his family, didn't click with PF either, had different outlook on life, but she hung in there because she believed it was the right thing to do. He saw her integrity and commitment to their little family of three and realized he was STUCK with this....and he didn't want to be stuck.

jmo
On Thanksgiving KB chats with her mom twice, everything is fine, recipes, going out to dinner. The way this case is rapidly unfolding, she never had a chance. Her fate was already determined, plan in motion, for Thanksgiving. What I cannot understand is how KB could have been oblivious to the level of hate required for these acts. I would hope if someone was hiring a hitman or planning to murder me, I would know that they hated me. Maybe she did know, maybe she was afraid, maybe she was leaving to live and work in WA or ID and have her own mom help her with the baby.

Last edited:
On Thanksgiving KB chats with her mom twice, everthing is fine, recipes, going out to dinner. The way this case is rapidly unfolding, she never had a chance. Her fate was already determined, plan in motion, for Thanksgiving. What I cannot understand is how KB could have been oblivious to the level of hate required for these acts. I would hope if someone was hiring a hitman or planning to murder me, I would know that they hated me. Maybe she did know, maybe she was afraid, maybe she was leaving to live and work in WA or ID and have her own mom help her with the baby.
I do think we’ll have a better picture of exactly what transpired.

Unfortunately, it’s going to be a while, as we’ll never encounter a case again, that moves as fast as the Watts one did.

I don’t think things were as rosy as she may have indicated to her mother.

But I also don’t think they were bad enough that she foresaw her own death.

Disconcerting, to say the least.

On Thanksgiving KB chats with her mom twice, everthing is fine, recipes, going out to dinner. The way this case is rapidly unfolding, she never had a chance. Her fate was already determined, plan in motion, for Thanksgiving. What I cannot understand is how KB could have been oblivious to the level of hate required for these acts. I would hope if someone was hiring a hitman or planning to murder me, I would know that they hated me. Maybe she did know, maybe she was afraid, maybe she was leaving to live and work in WA or ID and have her own mom help her with the baby.

Re: “I would hope if someone was hiring a hitman or planning to murder me, I would know that they hated me”:

Sadly, in the “Hitmen for Hire” episode I mentioned above, some of the targets were surprised (and devastated) beyond belief. I specifically a recall a young lady who was pregnant by the guy who ordered the hit...she was more than surprised..(did she end up having the baby? Trying to remember...I think she did...sorry o/t...I think the father of her baby was in already in a relationship and she was unknowingly the mistress...)

Last edited:

He had everyone fooled instead of planning a wedding he was planning a murder.

I think if there is no body, he will remain stubborn and silent....unless perhaps to blame someone else. He might try to say that the person he solicited did it.

If Kelsey is found...well, we'll have to see what happens. I hope the new happenings in Twin Falls will lead to Kelsey.

jmo

Doesn’t sound like to me this guy is going to talk. Ever.

We might be here a while, folks.

Please let’s send loving thoughts into the universe that this will not turn out like so many others out there never recovered...Kelsey Schelling (Colorado Springs iirc, pregnant and disappeared at by the hands of her boyfriend and maybe even his mother etc moo)—they tore up his/their property too, she’s never been found) or so many others out there not found, Heather Elvis, Jessica Heeringa, Diana Alvarez, the list goes on....

Last edited:
I think if there is no body, he will remain stubborn and silent....unless perhaps to blame someone else. He might try to say that the person he solicited did it.

If Kelsey is found...well, we'll have to see what happens. I hope the new happenings in Twin Falls will lead to Kelsey.

jmo

Re: blaming someone else, CW comes to mind.

Unfortunately, it’s going to be a while, as we’ll never encounter a case again, that moves as fast as the Watts one did.

Chris Watts is receiving tons of love letters from women and men including sexy photos wanting to marry him or be pen pals and offering to send him whatever he wants money for commissary, books, magazine. Unbelievable what a bunch of sick, lonely people attracted to a wife and baby killer. LE posted some of the recent letters online.

The Watts case really spoiled us. I’d pay to see copies of the search warrants, arrest warrants and discovery docs for this case right now, lol.

I hope he’ll plea so we don’t have to wait years but at this point honestly I think he’ll deny it to his death and won’t say a word.

Chris Watts is receiving tons of love letters from women and men including sexy photos wanting to marry him or be pen pals and offering to send him whatever he wants money for commissary, books, magazine. Unbelievable what a bunch of sick, lonely people attracted to a wife and baby killer. LE posted some of the recent letters online.

I read a book about Ted Bundy a while ago, and it mentioned "Ted groupies" who came to the trial every day and pretty much swooned over him. One girl said that he just needed love and she was sure he would never kill her. And she was serious! I don't understand the obsession some people have will killers.

The Watts case really spoiled us. I’d pay to see copies of the search warrants, arrest warrants and discovery docs for this case right now, lol.

I hope he’ll plea so we don’t have to wait years but at this point honestly I think he’ll deny it to his death and won’t say a word.
Yeah, I don’t get the impression that we’ll be anywhere near as fortunate here.

Atleast this is still Colorado, and all the court documents will be posted online.

This could certainly go on for a while, as this seems a lot more complicated than the Watts case, and may involve more players.

(Slightly o/t, did you guys see that 2 hour Dateline recently about Murder Solicitation/“Hitmen for Hire”? Apparently there’s a market for it. One guy wanted his pregnant mistress/girlfriend killed iirc...I think another one wanted his wife killed, same old story...)

(ETA: Wow I just remembered something from this episode, the phone recordings, how aaaanxious many of them were for these jobs to get done, repeatedly calling the hit man, “Did you do it yet? Did you do it yet? I need this done now, hurry up!”)

(ETA: the victims were devastated to put it mildly to learn they were on a “hit list”)
Dippolito - really bad actress, husband totally unaware, most excellent police work - they faked his death by hitman to catch her

Texas Cheerleader Mom - who could forget her, the other mother never had any idea

Yes, I see these things do happen. It's frightening to think someone would want you dead and you have no clue at all. Thanks for bringing this up! Something to really consider about this case...

Last edited:

Unless there’s good solid evidence linking him to the murder and his attorneys advise him to take a plea perhaps if DP off the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave