MO MO - Melissa Peskey, 40, shot and killed, Boonville, 13 Dec 2018

I just wonder if he meant to take out the children, too. They were definitely at risk of harm or death with the mother crashing the car with a gunshot wound. I cannot image the trauma that they will fail witnessing their mother killed in their presence.

It sounded like he would not be successful at the hearing to regain custody of the children.

If the husband didn't do it, I hope LE rules him out quickly so that they can get on with looking for the needle in the haystack. Really, sounds a bit improbable, but strange things do happen. Maybe gps or cell phone will give the answer. Shouldn't LE have that information soon?

If they were going to NC for a holiday visit, they were a bit early. School break starts on Dec. 21.

So glad the children weren't physically harmed.

Thanks for bringing the story here. It's so sad.

It sounded like he would not be successful at the hearing to regain custody of the children.

If the husband didn't do it, I hope LE rules him out quickly so that they can get on with looking for the needle in the haystack. Really, sounds a bit improbable, but strange things do happen. Maybe gps or cell phone will give the answer. Shouldn't LE have that information soon?

If they were going to NC for a holiday visit, they were a bit early. School break starts on Dec. 21.

Totally agree with you. I tried to find the judicial records, but they do not seem to be online. I hope they do not release the children to him unless they are absolutely sure that he is innocent. He put them at risk by shooting her on the highway, and I sort of think he may have intended to get rid of his whole family by that car crash. It is possibly a road rage incident, but they have 30 leads and must have good reasons to suspect him since they put the children in foster care.

I Wondered why they were traveling so early as well.

Her Hartford address was included in the obituary and it reminded me of something. I doubt this is related, but there was a big story in the news on 11/28 regarding a property very close to her home. It appears there are some scary things happening at 26056 464th Ave.
ATF seizes dozens of guns, explosives in Hartford search
Junkyard Fight with Shot Fired near Hartford Friday Night
WOW! That is terrifying. Maybe they were leaving for a while for safety reasons. News on this death seems to be drying up. I got the impression from the obituary that the children had been returned to the father.

Hopefully she never crossed paths with those people. She worked in real estate, and I saw what she wrote on her website. I still think it's doubtful, but a possible connection.

"I have loved real estate for as long as I can remember! Growing up in a rural area I've spent many hours on the road admiring beautiful acreages, abandon homesteads, and the busy developments old and new in the towns and cities alike"

Melissa Peskey, a 40 year old Sioux Falls, SD resident was shot in Bonnville, Missouri, while driving with her 2 children, on December 13 or December 14. Melissa died as a result of the gunshot wound. Her children were unharmed. Husband is a "Person of Interest."

Husband A 'Person of Interest' in Sioux Falls Realtor's Death
Her husband is a POI because he didn't answer his phone at 11 PM? LE must have more than that. Some people (including me) don't answer the phone every time it rings.

It seems this may have happened around 10:30 pm at night. I wonder if the bullet entered on driver's side, passenger's side or through the back window? Knowing that would help, I would think? It would be EXTREMELY difficult for anyone to hit a moving target at night, in a darkened car? They either got really close to her back bumper and fired or pulled up along side her driver's side. I believe children were sleeping? Such a sad, heartbreaking story.

We had a case here a decade or more ago of a husband following his wife to work on the interstate and shooting her while she was driving. At first, it was thought she had fallen asleep, gone down an embankment and her injuries from that were the COD. Only at the autopsy did they find shotgun wadding in her face.
Anyway, there was a fascinating bit of re-enactment at the trial on how he could have driven and shot so accurately. She was a nurse at the hospital where I used to work- and there is a touching memorial to her in the hallway.
This case immediately brought my mind to that local case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back