CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #16 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kelsey was killed on day one of a holiday weekend. The texts arrived on the final day of that long weekend. A coincidence? PF may have solicited someone who was arriving in town for the holidays and while they may have refused to take part in her death, they agreed to place the texts when they returned home (Idaho?) on Sunday. The police may have tracked him down from former cell phone records, or he may have come forward and agreed to provide information in exchange for immunity.

The people I know that buy large quantities of beef at a time have large deep freezers to keep it in, so I do see that as s possibility as well.
Moo
Interesting. But where? Where would a freezer be that LE wouldn't know about? Wouldn't PF have to think that way?

The purpose of the video was to give the best angle of her last appearance in public.

It showed what she looked like, and that she had her baby with her.

Had law enforcement had visual proof that his account (taking custody of child later) was a lie, I think they would have requested witnesses to come forward.

It’s far more likely that the exchange happened at her house, not long after she returned from Safeway.

I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised to learn that the murder occurred at this point as well.
I agree with strong likelihood of murder taking place not long after returning from store.

Mainly because no one mentioned communicating with her after KB’s mother’s 2 conversations with her that morning, and LE didn’t mention any “activity” of Kelsey’s beyond Safeway visit (internet or otherwise).

Remember with Mollie Tibbetts, LE released last known texts and snap chats, and online activity of Mollie (which incidently turned out to be inaccurate), etc.

I suppose LE could have withheld any other signs of Kelsey’s remaining activity that day, so as not to help the “silent” PF make his timeline sync up. But I lean more to believing that KB’s murder happened soon after Safeway visit, and there were no signs of internet or phone activity after that.

Until Nov. 25th...

I’m glad someone mentioned this, it gave me chills also as it was before she was reported missing.

I agree with strong likelihood of murder taking place not long after returning from store.

Mainly because no one mentioned communicating with her after KB’s mother’s 2 conversations with her that morning, and LE didn’t mention any “activity” of Kelsey’s beyond Safeway visit (internet or otherwise).

Remember with Mollie Tibbetts, LE released last known texts and snap chats, and online activity of Mollie (which incidently turned out to be inaccurate), etc.

I suppose LE could have withheld any other signs of Kelsey’s remaining activity that day, so as not to help the “silent” PF make his timeline sync up. But I lean more to believing that KB’s murder happened soon after Safeway visit, and there were no signs of internet or phone activity after that.

Until Nov. 25th...

Agreed. In the beginning, they had very little advantage over him. Having some exclusive digital info—even if it was small—may have been the only thing they had to spot a slip up in his story/timeline.

I have a friend who was a Jehovah Witness. In her mid twenties she questioned the way she was raised and decided to leave the church. She said she missed out on a lot of the activities that "normal kids" do. (This was how SHE referred to it). She never decorated a Christmas tree, attended a school prom, and was forbidden to go away to college. Her friends were limited to other members of the church. And then she enlightened me to what had happened with her existing relationships when she left the church.. How she was ostracized. And how she was all alone. She picked up her bags, moved to a new town, and met a man. I think it may have been the first romantic partner she had. (Maybe she was thirty) What she thought was "true love" was to him, nothing more than some casual sex from someone he met on the internet. In her mind, they were dating, In his, they were merely friends with benefits. It took her a little more than a year to realize it was anything but a loving relationship. How sad. I wonder if PF called KB his fiancé?

Last edited:
Kelsey was killed on day one of a holiday weekend. The texts arrived on the final day of that long weekend. A coincidence? PF may have solicited someone who was arriving in town for the holidays and while they may have refused to take part in her death, they agreed to place the texts when they returned home (Idaho?) on Sunday. The police may have tracked him down from former cell phone records, or he may have come forward and agreed to provide information in exchange for immunity.

Jumping off your post, btw Merry Christmas to everyone.

Thanksgiving, thursday nov 22, Text from Kelseys phone sunday nov 25. Text came same day as her phone pinged. Jmo not a coincidence, It was turned on to text then turned off. text was meant to give a week of leeway, Which it did, she wasn’t reported missing till dec 2.

Ive never been Christmas tree shopping. Is it something that people tend to do as a family? Is it inconvenient for a single parent to take along a small child? Is it a "fun activity" that someone, who was excited for the holiday, would want to take part in?
<mod fix broken quote >
We cut our own tree. We get a permit from the US Forest service and go to the national forest. There are a few areas off limits but most of it is open. It’s a lot of fun, but very cold and snowy. It’s not something you should do alone. Bayou should go in a group. Help with cutting and carrying and loading the tree and help if you get stuck in the snow which is very possible. The forest we go to is huge and rather remote so you won’t see any other people usually. It’s beautiful .

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive never been Christmas tree shopping. Is it something that people tend to do as a family? Is it inconvenient for a single parent to take along a small child? Is it a "fun activity" that someone, who was excited for the holiday, would want to take part in?
We cut our own tree. We get a permit from the US Forest service and go to the national forest. There are a few areas off limits but most of it is open. It’s a lot of fun, but very cold and snowy. It’s not something you should do alone. Bayou should go in a group. Help with cutting and carrying and loading the tree and help if you get stuck in the snow which is very possible. The forest we go to is huge and rather remote so you won’t see any other people usually. It’s beautiful .

Jumping off your post, btw Merry Christmas to everyone.

Thanksgiving, thursday nov 22, Text from Kelseys phone sunday nov 25. Text came same day as her phone pinged. Jmo not a coincidence, It was turned on to text then turned off. text was meant to give a week of leeway, Which it did, she wasn’t reported missing till dec 2.
Was it a coincidence that the death and the texts each occurred on the 1st and last day of a holiday weekend? Is it a plausible theory to think the one he solicited to kill her was someone who'd be in town for the holiday, and go back home on Sunday to maybe, Idaho

Agree, as a late 50’s divorced woman after a long marriage. I understand people are busy, but “meeting” online takes a long time too, sifting through all those profiles. One of my friends tried this for a year or so and was shocked at the losers she met, who seemed “normal” in chats online. I wasn’t so shocked. But I think until you reach a certain age, it is hard to imagine not being “partnered”. For me, it is just the opposite...

Still, Kelsey only did what is being done nowadays...jmo
I'm with you. Independence can be a wonderful thing.

Until Nov. 25th...
This is my first time quoting my own post. Lol.

Apologies if this opinion has already been offered, or if I’m stating the obvious. I have not been able to keep up with the threads in full.

I believe that very soon after KB was reported missing, and knowing she had been gone for 10 days...LE knew PF was responsible and that most likely foul play had occurred.

In addition to the odd fact PF never reported her missing, I think they learned A LOT about other warning signs right off the bat. That explains the lack of searches, the strange media interviews (and lack thereof). I think LE came by this “knowledge” in various forms, but they painted a consistent picture.

I also believe that much of it would be considered “circumstantial” which explains the hold up in getting a search warrant of PF’s place.

I can’t remember the timeline between her being reported missing and the search of PF’s home. Was it about 2 weeks? Is there some kind of technology data that takes LE about 2 weeks to be able access? (Fitbit data, etc.) I believe it was probably some kind of data or other evidence that they were waiting on, that delayed being able to obtain a search warrant.

I believe the majority of LE’s early communications with the media were sort of “smoke and mirrors.” They were really only concerned in communicating with one person during those press conferences. And that person was PF.

I believe they had to play his “game” to achieve two things.
1. GET THEIR GUY. (who they knew was PF)
2. Try to ensure baby K’s safety as much as possible.

I think the “long story” that KB’s cousin referred to...is basically regarding this scenario. LE and Kelsey’s friends and family knew something was very wrong from the get go. They knew “who” was behind it. And every action afterward had to be handled very delicately by LE and KB’s friends and family to ensure the best outcome for this disaster of a situation. Which was to make PF’s eventual arrest stick, and ensure Baby K’s safety.

MOO and MCWSFs!! (Merry Christmas Web Sleuth Friends)

This is my first time quoting my own post. Lol.

Apologies if this opinion has already been offered, or if I’m stating the obvious. I have not been able to keep up with the threads in full.

I believe that very soon after KB was reported missing, and knowing she had been gone for 10 days...LE knew PF was responsible and that most likely foul play had occurred.

In addition to the odd fact PF never reported her missing, I think they learned A LOT about other warning signs right off the bat. That explains the lack of searches, the strange media interviews (and lack thereof). I think LE came by this “knowledge” in various forms, but they painted a consistent picture.

I also believe that much of it would be considered “circumstantial” which explains the hold up in getting a search warrant of PF’s place.

I can’t remember the timeline between her being reported missing and the search of PF’s home. Was it about 2 weeks? Is there some kind of technology data that takes LE about 2 weeks to be able access? (Fitbit data, etc.) I believe it was probably some kind of data or other evidence that they were waiting on, that delayed being able to obtain a search warrant.

I believe the majority of LE’s early communications with the media were sort of “smoke and mirrors.” They were really only concerned in communicating with one person during those press conferences. And that person was PF.

I believe they had to play his “game” to achieve two things.
1. GET THEIR GUY. (who they knew was PF)
2. Try to ensure baby K’s safety as much as possible.

I think the “long story” that KB’s cousin referred to...is basically regarding this scenario. LE and Kelsey’s friends and family knew something was very wrong from the get go. They knew “who” was behind it. And every action afterward had to be handled very delicately by LE and KB’s friends and family to ensure the best outcome for this disaster of a situation. Which was to make PF’s eventual arrest stick, and ensure Baby K’s safety.

MOO and MCWSFs!! (Merry Christmas Web Sleuth Friends)
Brilliant!!
in my humble opinion:)

ETA 2 weeks yes

Last edited:
@EmilyVan, but respectfully, the conventional values used to be shoved down people's throats because pregnancy followed intimacy. Now that women are able to control their cycles, the attitudes changed. IMO, societal mores merely follow technology, and no one is to be blamed..

As to kids, biology is biology. To remember "the Song of Songs", Shulamith was a 13-year old "young woman". In old times, premarital sex was a sin, but girls and boys would be customarily wed off immediately after puberty, because average lifespan would be 20-25 years. They would become intimate way earlier than we do, so maybe, we are becoming conventional?

KB was 28 when she had a baby, PF, 32. Pretty mature people, it seems.
ok... and your point is?

The purpose of the video was to give the best angle of her last appearance in public.

It showed what she looked like, and that she had her baby with her.

Had law enforcement had visual proof that his account (taking custody of child later) was a lie, I think they would have requested witnesses to come forward.

It’s far more likely that the exchange happened at her house, not long after she returned from Safeway.

I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised to learn that the murder occurred at this point as well.
I agree with this whole post. I would add that often the stores have cameras recording at the cash registers. There could be clues as to what she was putting in her basket. Perhaps they want the suspects to worry about whether there was so evidence in that basket that refudiate something in their testimony.

I have started wondering if there was to be an exchange. Most couples will have the child the whole Thanksgiving holiday on alternating years. If they exchange the child, it usually isn't in the middle of Thanksgiving dinner. Maybe she wasn't going to let him have the baby for Thanksgiving. Absent a possession schedule which it does not appear they had, he has no rights to possession. Maybe this was part of what was making him angry...that she had inherent rights to the child which he did not have...and he did not make the effort to go through the legal process to have legal rights and responsibilities (like child support, insurance). If she did not let him have Baby K for Thanksgiving and the family had something planned and wanted the child, there would have been multiple people raising cane. Perhaps he just decided to go over there and take the baby and be rid of KB, and child exchange explained his reason for being there.

I agree with this whole post. I would add that often the stores have cameras recording at the cash registers. There could be clues as to what she was putting in her basket. Perhaps they want the suspects to worry about whether there was so evidence in that basket that refudiate something in their testimony.

I have started wondering if there was to be an exchange. Most couples will have the child the whole Thanksgiving holiday on alternating years. If they exchange the child, it usually isn't in the middle of Thanksgiving dinner. Maybe she wasn't going to let him have the baby for Thanksgiving. Absent a possession schedule which it does not appear they had, he has no rights to possession. Maybe this was part of what was making him angry...that she had inherent rights to the child which he did not have...and he did not make the effort to go through the legal process to have legal rights and responsibilities (like child support, insurance). If she did not let him have Baby K for Thanksgiving and the family had something planned and wanted the child, there would have been multiple people raising cane. Perhaps he just decided to go over there and take the baby and be rid of KB, and child exchange explained his reason for being there.
This is incorrect in regards to custody. Assuming he is on the birth certificate and absent a court order on custody he has equal rights to the child. Now, he couldn’t forcibly take the child from her, but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t have a custodial right.

This is incorrect in regards to custody. Assuming he is on the birth certificate and absent a court order on custody he has equal rights to the child. Now, he couldn’t forcibly take the child from her, but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t have a custodial right.
But she did have her that day, we know that from the video, so if she did not want to let him have her on Thanksgiving, he would have to take her forcibly. States vary I am sure, but I have always hated the phrase "as mutually agreed upon," because what happens when there is not mutual agreement?

I met my abuser through mutual friends - 6 different friends had him in their circles. Not one of them had any idea about him - they all thought he was great. Please don't assume that people are what they say they are in person either. Most don't understand themselves or know who or what they are yet, unless they have failed relationships behind them. They are charming, charismatic, smart, funny, and share your interests. They are master manipulators. Unfortunately, it is more likely the man you are interested in is engaging in unsavory behaviors than not. But most are not murderers. They ruin your life in other ways and most women don't realize it until it gets beyond the point of no return. The reason women are murdered by men they love is toxic masculinity, the patriarchy, and the entitlement and privilege that men are raised with, at home and in the culture at large. It is so beyond anything women can understand. Women live to help and please. men live to be pleased and to be catered to. Their outrage at not being treated the way they believe they deserve is what causes this violence. That and their lack of empathy and lack of ability to love, lack of executive function, and proclivity toward risk taking and low impulse control. And their grandiosity - they are better and smarter than everyone else. What they believe is what is right and no one knows any better. not accountable to anyone - even the law.

Emotional self-regulation and basic psychological development (and lack thereof) as children creates most of these issues. Toxic masculinity. Boys don't cry. Be a "good" boy. Don't be "bad". Parents who can't help their children identify their feelings and learn to manage them, and to distinguish feelings from actions. Parents who ignore or deny their children's feelings. Parents who punish kids for "acting out", like expressing normal, healthy emotions. That's when kids start splitting others into all good and all bad, and projecting bad behaviors onto others - unable to see themselves as responsible. If kids aren't able to mentalize - to understand the mental states of themselves and others - a form of intellectual empathy, or to see themselves as separate from others and to accept themselves (including their *bad* feelings) as worthy and valuable, it's going to end up damaging other people.

I wish I could like this message 3,000 times. Women are not being murdered because of online dating. Women are being murdered because men are murdering them. The problem is with the men, not the women. Classic victim blaming.

Toxic females don't exist ?........LOL !..... I gotta go get my barefoot wife out of the kitchen........LOL !
yes
they get a bit of free pass toxic women!
thee are just as many cold hearted cruel women out there as men.
its a personality type not gender imo

there are plenty molly martens out there killing beautiful men too

moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads