CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #16 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
They certainly lived a strange life for an engaged couple. I haven't kept up so I may have missed it but were they really still engaged?
That’s the million dollar question.

The true nature of their relationship, is murky at best.

We just don’t know what the hell was really going on there.

"I also believe it’s possible KB wanted to move to Idaho to have her mother watch the baby instead. I’m not sure how PF would’ve taken that given I imagine his mother was closely bonded to the baby."

I think that^^^ is the key right there. I think he wanted custody FOR HIS MOTHER'S SAKE. I think he did it to please his mother because he was so dependent upon her financially and emotionally. She would have been very upset to lose her time with her grand baby.
But he could have legally prevented her from doing that, couldn't he?
And I am not sure that a woman of her age who is not physically fit would want full custody.

Please steer away from generalized posts about topics like religion, toxic masculinity, etc. Continued posts like this will be removed and warning points or thread bans will be issued.

This is my first time quoting my own post. Lol.

Apologies if this opinion has already been offered, or if I’m stating the obvious. I have not been able to keep up with the threads in full.

I believe that very soon after KB was reported missing, and knowing she had been gone for 10 days...LE knew PF was responsible and that most likely foul play had occurred.

In addition to the odd fact PF never reported her missing, I think they learned A LOT about other warning signs right off the bat. That explains the lack of searches, the strange media interviews (and lack thereof). I think LE came by this “knowledge” in various forms, but they painted a consistent picture.

I also believe that much of it would be considered “circumstantial” which explains the hold up in getting a search warrant of PF’s place.

I can’t remember the timeline between her being reported missing and the search of PF’s home. Was it about 2 weeks? Is there some kind of technology data that takes LE about 2 weeks to be able access? (Fitbit data, etc.) I believe it was probably some kind of data or other evidence that they were waiting on, that delayed being able to obtain a search warrant.

I believe the majority of LE’s early communications with the media were sort of “smoke and mirrors.” They were really only concerned in communicating with one person during those press conferences. And that person was PF.

I believe they had to play his “game” to achieve two things.
1. GET THEIR GUY. (who they knew was PF)
2. Try to ensure baby K’s safety as much as possible.

I think the “long story” that KB’s cousin referred to...is basically regarding this scenario. LE and Kelsey’s friends and family knew something was very wrong from the get go. They knew “who” was behind it. And every action afterward had to be handled very delicately by LE and KB’s friends and family to ensure the best outcome for this disaster of a situation. Which was to make PF’s eventual arrest stick, and ensure Baby K’s safety.

MOO and MCWSFs!! (Merry Christmas Web Sleuth Friends)

In many eyes here, we thought PF was responsible due to his actions.
LE had more evidence than we had.
Perhaps, as with the Wallen Case, mentioned by a poster recently, LE relied on the family, for more info from PF.
This would perhaps later, be to his detriment.
I agree with you allboys, that the media was used to LE's advantage.
LE arrested PF.
Perhaps soon, more will fall into place for us, helping in answering our theories.
MOO.

And I am not sure that a woman of her age who is not physically fit would want full custody.

It might have been a long and expensive battle. It depends upon what she had legally filed at the birth. She didnt give the baby his last name. Did she put him on the Birth Certificate? If not, he would have a long and expensive court battle to stop her from moving.

I know that KB's mom said they were happy and engaged and were looking at cutting down a family Christmas Tree, etc.

But I think KB was just telling her that to make her situation sound rosy. I don't think they were engaged anymore and they both were just co-parenting that that time. JMO

I know that KB's mom said they were happy and engaged and were looking at cutting down a family Christmas Tree, etc.

But I think KB was just telling her that to make her situation sound rosy. I don't think they were engaged anymore and they both were just co-parenting that that time. JMO
Or he wanted people to think that.

Doesn't an agreement have to be in place? I really don't know much about this, so just wondering.
If there is no court order, and custody has not been established, then both parents have equal rights. Visitation is as agreed upon by both parents. Which in my opinion, only works for so long, and only when the parents are together as a couple. Imo

<mod fix broken quote >
We cut our own tree. We get a permit from the US Forest service and go to the national forest. There are a few areas off limits but most of it is open. It’s a lot of fun, but very cold and snowy. It’s not something you should do alone. Bayou should go in a group. Help with cutting and carrying and loading the tree and help if you get stuck in the snow which is very possible. The forest we go to is huge and rather remote so you won’t see any other people usually. It’s beautiful .

Lol! I’m a jerk! When my husband was alive we always came up to NC to cut down our own tree. After he died and I moved up here I thought it would be hysterical to go down to Fla. to get our tree and be seen driving back north with a Christmas tree on top of our van. How the heck did I have custody of our children? But they remember that time of our lives fondly! Crazy Mom!

I thought she told her mom that she didn't have a tree yet because PF was going to take the baby to get one. Not that they were going as a family to pick one out. Imo

This is my first time quoting my own post. Lol.

Apologies if this opinion has already been offered, or if I’m stating the obvious. I have not been able to keep up with the threads in full.

I believe that very soon after KB was reported missing, and knowing she had been gone for 10 days...LE knew PF was responsible and that most likely foul play had occurred.

In addition to the odd fact PF never reported her missing, I think they learned A LOT about other warning signs right off the bat. That explains the lack of searches, the strange media interviews (and lack thereof). I think LE came by this “knowledge” in various forms, but they painted a consistent picture.

I also believe that much of it would be considered “circumstantial” which explains the hold up in getting a search warrant of PF’s place.

I can’t remember the timeline between her being reported missing and the search of PF’s home. Was it about 2 weeks? Is there some kind of technology data that takes LE about 2 weeks to be able access? (Fitbit data, etc.) I believe it was probably some kind of data or other evidence that they were waiting on, that delayed being able to obtain a search warrant.

I believe the majority of LE’s early communications with the media were sort of “smoke and mirrors.” They were really only concerned in communicating with one person during those press conferences. And that person was PF.

I believe they had to play his “game” to achieve two things.
1. GET THEIR GUY. (who they knew was PF)
2. Try to ensure baby K’s safety as much as possible.

I think the “long story” that KB’s cousin referred to...is basically regarding this scenario. LE and Kelsey’s friends and family knew something was very wrong from the get go. They knew “who” was behind it. And every action afterward had to be handled very delicately by LE and KB’s friends and family to ensure the best outcome for this disaster of a situation. Which was to make PF’s eventual arrest stick, and ensure Baby K’s safety.

MOO and MCWSFs!! (Merry Christmas Web Sleuth Friends)
Wow, excellent post!

Were they ever engaged?
All we have to go on is what Kelsey's mom said, which was that he was her fiance and they were "loving," and they were planning on getting a home together but the economy wasn't good, or something like that. But we don't know of any formal engagement announcement, and they did not have a wedding date, nor did Kelsey have a ring that we know of.
It was also stated by Kelseys aunt that Kelsey broke up with him Thanksgiving morning, but we don't know if that is something PF told her mom, or where that information came from.
In my opinion, they did not seem like a happy couple planning to marry. They lived apart and seemed to spend time with the child separately. On the day that Kelsey was last seen, the two of them had "exchanged" custody of the baby. Imo

All we have to go on is what Kelsey's mom said, which was that he was her fiance and they were "loving," and they were planning on getting a home together but the economy wasn't good, or something like that. But we don't know of any formal engagement announcement, and they did not have a wedding date, nor did Kelsey have a ring that we know of.
It was also stated by Kelseys aunt that Kelsey broke up with him Thanksgiving morning, but we don't know if that is something PF told her mom, or where that information came from.
In my opinion, they did not seem like a happy couple planning to marry. They lived apart and seemed to spend time with the child separately. On the day that Kelsey was last seen, the two of them had "exchanged" custody of the baby. Imo

BBM. But again, we only have his word for that.

Not initially. He would have had to file with the court which would be a lengthy process.
But I agree that his mom may not have wanted custody, or even now may not even be interested in trying to get custody of the child, especially since her son won't be around any longer. Imo

It might have been a long and expensive battle. It depends upon what she had legally filed at the birth. She didnt give the baby his last name. Did she put him on the Birth Certificate? If not, he would have a long and expensive court battle to stop her from moving.
I have not heard her full name or date of birth. I know many unmarried couples will use both names ie. Berreth-Frazee. Most fathers that I have known that were present at the birth and believe they are the father either do the double name or their name. How did you find out that Kelsy did not give the baby his last name?

I have not heard her full name or date of birth. I know many unmarried couples will use both names ie. Berreth-Frazee. Most fathers that I have known that were present at the birth and believe they are the father either do the double name or their name. How did you find out that Kelsy did not give the baby his last name?

The baby was mentioned in the first presser as <modsnip> Berreth by LE. It stuck me as odd that they specifically mentioned it.

Last edited by a moderator:
At the first presser I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member