CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #16 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not initially. He would have had to file with the court which would be a lengthy process.
But I agree that his mom may not have wanted custody, or even now may not even be interested in trying to get custody of the child, especially since her son won't be around any longer. Imo
Guess we will find out on Dec 27 who is fighting for Baby K. Some questions may be answered on that day.

I have not heard her full name or date of birth. I know many unmarried couples will use both names ie. Berreth-Frazee. Most fathers that I have known that were present at the birth and believe they are the father either do the double name or their name. How did you find out that Kelsy did not give the baby his last name?

I have just read posts on here saying the baby had her last name. I don't know the source of that info though.

I have not heard her full name or date of birth. I know many unmarried couples will use both names ie. Berreth-Frazee. Most fathers that I have known that were present at the birth and believe they are the father either do the double name or their name. How did you find out that Kelsy did not give the baby his last name?
He must have signed the birth certificate or he would not have been allowed to have the baby in his custody all the time Kelsey was missing. But I was under the impression the baby had her last name also, since I've read it here several times. Imo

Not initially. He would have had to file with the court which would be a lengthy process.
But I agree that his mom may not have wanted custody, or even now may not even be interested in trying to get custody of the child, especially since her son won't be around any longer. Imo

I think his mother wanted him to have custody, not her, herself. She wanted to help raise the baby, imo.

He must have signed the birth certificate or he would not have been allowed to have the baby in his custody all the time Kelsey was missing. But I was under the impression the baby had her last name also, since I've read it here several times. Imo

I am not sure that is true, that he wouldn't have been allowed to have the baby with him. By the time she was reported missing, they were focused on finding her, not the custody issues. Especially because KB's mother had assumed they were engaged and he was the father. So there was no reason for authorities to question legal custody at that point.

I am not sure that is true, that he wouldn't have been allowed to have the baby with him. By the time she was reported missing, they were focused on finding her, not the custody issues. Especially because KB's mother had assumed they were engaged and he was the father. So there was no reason for authorities to question legal custody at that point.
True, but I would think if his name was not on the birth certificate it would have been easy for Kelsey's mom to have the child during that time, and he wouldnt have legally been able to keep her from seeing her. His name being on the legal document gave him that right. At least that's how it is where I am from. Imo

<modsnip OT>

But getting back to the case, I am curious, do you think there will be a presser tomorrow?

Last edited by a moderator:
We don’t know for sure, but I suspect that she spent a lot of time watching her granddaughter.

I imagine that <modsnipped> Pat’s plan, was to kill Kelsey, and ensure that he and mommy would be able to spend all the quality time they wanted, with baby K.

Ironically, instead of years spent together, it was a matter of weeks.

Not exactly what he was going for.
ITA. And if they (Grandma F) were keeping K when KB was working 12 hour shifts + 2 hours driving time, they may have felt like they should be keeping her all the time. The disagreement over K could have been part of an ongoing discussion between PF and KB and he knew she wasn't about to leave K with him and end the relationship. Regardless of any past discussion, I think KB thought everything was fine on TG.

ITA. And if they (Grandma F) were keeping K when KB was working 12 hour shifts + 2 hours driving time, they may have felt like they should be keeping her all the time. The disagreement over K could have been part of an ongoing discussion between PF and KB and he knew she wasn't about to leave K with him and end the relationship. Regardless of any past discussion, I think KB thought everything was fine on TG.

Yes. I think PF and Mama F thought they should be the primary caretakers from then on.

I have a lot of relatives with farms and ranches. Grandma's take full daily responsibility for the little ones because the moms and dads are so busy dealing with farm chores, animals etc.

She had two cars parked in her driveway, it would not be difficult to cart her between the two cars and put her in his truck.

Very true! They would conceal him, somewhat! Ya know, some people just don’t pay attention, either. Me, I’m the opposite. Plus, people are busy while driving. They’re texting, talking, eating, applying make up, etc.

It might have been a long and expensive battle. It depends upon what she had legally filed at the birth. She didnt give the baby his last name. Did she put him on the Birth Certificate? If not, he would have a long and expensive court battle to stop her from moving.
Since PF had custody of the child after KB disappeared I think we can assume he is the father on the birth certificate. They would not have had to have a formal agreement on custody if they didn’t want one. They are both parents the same as if they were married: equal joint legal custody . If she wanted to move to Idaho or wherever she could. But he could have filed a petition in the district court to establish custody, visitation and support. He actually might have been able to present a pretty could case that he should be awarded primary custody. Moms don’t just automatically get custody any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanayarford