The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Camilla pulls out of Christmas church service at last minute due to ill health

Either Camilla is very ill, or something is going on...she also missed a royal family wedding, because she was "busy".

Allegedly she skipped Eugenie’s wedding because she does not get on with the Duke of York and Duchess of York. She looked fine at the engagement she attended at the primary school so I don’t think she is seriously ill. She probably doesn’t want to make Her Majesty The Queen, Prince Philip or the Duchess of Sussex ill if she has the flu.

Yes the Queen has aged very well. Her skin is lovely and much of it I attribute the England's weather. Rainy climate and lack of sun. Of course other factors but it is a lesson to use sunscreen, hydrate, wear a hat on the beach and don't bake in the sun.

Last edited:
IMO Kate and Meghan get along fine. The press coudn't say enough lovely about her during the buildup and Wedding. After all the pomp and circumstance they needed something to write about. They did the same to Kate. After the impending birth I expect things to settle somewhat. Meghan is just the new kid on the block. IMO

Yes the Queen has aged very well. Her skin is lovely and much of it I attribute the England's weather. Rainy climate and lack of sun. Of course other factors but it is a lesson to use sunscreen, hydrate, wear a hat on the beach and don't bake in the sun.

Yes, all of the above. And don’t smoke!

Smoking: Does it cause wrinkles?

I’m curious whether any of the Royals are aware of some of the things being said by Meghan’s family. Do they read the DM? I certainly hope not!

There is a team of press office people at Kensington Palace and Buckingham Palace and they will be consulting with Royals involved regarding the approach they recommend in dealing with problematic situations affecting Royal public relations. There is no doubt in my mind the closeness of the Duchesses on Christmas morning was carefully orchestrated to dispel the negative headlines of the alleged feud between them.

I certainly hope they don’t personally read the tripe about them in the Daily Mail, Daily Mirror and Daily Express particularly in the comment sections for their own sanity.

I guess I'm not the norm - what harm would it do to reach out to her father?

Harm you ask? Since he as a history of dishonesty (staged paparazzi photos), was not discreet about a conversation he had with Harry (mentioning Brexit), and has spoken unkindly (to say the least) about Harry, the Royal Family and Meghan...conventional wisdom would indicate that any conversation she has with him at this point would likely be sold to the highest bidder and misrepresented in a negative light. And he would still want a relationship. If she then pulled back again, the whole mess would start all over.

Although they clearly had a good relationship with her when she was young, we don’t know how it’s been in recent years. She did ask him to walk her down the aisle, so she wanted him there. He has destroyed his relationship with his daughter all by himself. Why should she “reach out” to someone who isn’t trustworthy? If he really and truly loves his daughter he wouldn’t be doing any of this.
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member