CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #17 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI in earlier threads it was determined that the property was purchased by CB & DB, who established a private LLC. KB has no investment in the townhome, the parents own it outright, KB's mortgage is to her parents' LLC.
Smart, smart parents. Sure if she had moved they could have easily rented it.

“Good” fathers don’t murder their baby’s mother.
I can only go from my experience with a man much like PF. When I left him, he clung to our 6 year old daughter like she was all he had left in the world. He hated me, im sure he wished me dead and many nights I slept with one eye open, I did not trust him and left when he was out of town. Our daughter is now 30- he was an excellent father and still is. He calmed down and realized she would always be his daughter, no need to grasp on or kill me to have her all to himself and HIS family. While I do agree killing your baby’s mama is not the answer and a horrifying thought... in his “twisted” mind it was his only choice. I would guess he would never hurt that baby.

Colleague: Patrick Frazee is professional, a good father

“Cline, who serves as president of Cripple Creek’s Two Mile High Club, has gotten to know Frazee in recent years on a professional level. Frazee has provided farrier services to the club, which takes care of a herd of donkeys in Cripple Creek, over the last six to seven years, according to Cline.”

Haven’t many suggested PF would hide KB’s body in an area where he was familiar? Didn’t a local WSer just mention that the Cripple Creek area would be a logical (and closer) place to get rid of the body?

MOO
YES!!!! WOW!!! The minute I read Cripple Creek I heard sirens going off. And what if he used those donkeys for transportation?

I found the video I referred to in quoted post. ^

About 50 seconds in. Kelsey’s driveway.
Colorado man faces murder charges of his fiancee Kelsey Berreth
I'm in the camp of finding it unlikely PF would have been able to do any sort of 'major' dry wall, flooring or even painting without anyone hearing and noticing. Plus, it's a holiday weekend and I'm sure he had places to be and people to see or be seen during this time as well. Even if the next door neighbor was gone, I believe there was in general more overall activity within the complex. Risky.

Maybe that's why he needed Kelsey to text and 'take a trip for a week'. Would neighbors have noticed his truck being there during the day or when it normally wouldn't be if Kelsey was working?

I agree with you and the OP.
Thats what I thought. I suppose after 20 years of marriage that might change--they were a young couple. It seemed he'd want to "show off", "show her off" and just be together!

To clarify my husband doesn’t come because he has awful hay fever and just the smell of my riding clothes make him miserable and he acts like he’s dying. (He May feel like he is) That doesn’t seem to be the case with KB and PF. So I would guess he liked to keep that part of his life separate.

I can only go from my experience with a man much like PF. When I left him, he clung to our 6 year old daughter like she was all he had left in the world. He hated me, im sure he wished me dead and many nights I slept with one eye open, I did not trust him and left when he was out of town. Our daughter is now 30- he was an excellent father and still is. He calmed down and realized she would always be his daughter, no need to grasp on or kill me to have her all to himself and HIS family. While I do agree killing your baby’s mama is not the answer and a horrifying thought... in his “twisted” mind it was his only choice. I would guess he would never hurt that baby.
Highly possible, but I would never put a cold blooded murderer in custody of a child, either. Not worth the risk. If that empathy gene is missing or whatever enables one to solve their problems with a former loved one this way, how can we trust them with anyone? The ability to snuff out a life and engage in unprovoked violence, whether via conspiracy or at one's own hands, by definition should disqualify someone from parenthood IMO. Glad you got out of that bad situation! But someone who would go through with what PB is accused of likely has other deficiencies in their personality that at a bare minimum would psychologically negatively affect a child's development IMO.

If it is not a designated wilderness area where no motor vehicles are allowed you can drive a 4 wheeler right up to many of those abandoned mines. Remember they mined in those so they had to have a way of getting the minerals out. But if it is an area where no motor vehicles are allowed virtually all of them allow horse travel. It is very rare for a trail not to allow horses in the remote wilderness areas. Horses are extremely sure footed and can run up places we can't walk. And I know for a fact you can get saddlebags so large that a quarter of an elk can fit into. You know how big a quarter of an elk is? They are not hundreds of pounds but I know I have packed out quarters that were 75+ pounds on my back and when you go up a hill you wished it had wheels on it. I have no idea where she is but there are certainly areas where you can get to very easily with a horse that one could hide a body. Then again you would have to spend time in the mountains to know and he might have been too busy playing cowboy to venture out into some of this area. Most of the people out there would be hikers, climbers, backpackers or hunters.
Yes I suppose but isn't there a weight limit? I can not imagine, as a former horse owner of 25 years, that it would be feasible taking a dead body draped over a horse and also being on the same horse. None of my horses would have been OK with that in any way. Also how would you get the dead body on there? My horses would have looked at me and been like, NO.

“Good” fathers don’t murder their baby’s mother.
I can't disagree with that. But up to the point where he decided, for deranged reasons unknown, to murder his child's mother, he might have been a "good" father. I know a particular couple who have four children. The man of the family is a great father, but not a very good husband. People are complex. MOO.

I rest my case.

Highly possible, but I would never put a cold blooded murderer in custody of a child, either. Not worth the risk. If that empathy gene is missing or whatever enables one to solve their problems with a former loved one this way, how can we trust them with anyone? The ability to snuff out a life and engage in unprovoked violence, whether via conspiracy or at one's own hands, by definition should disqualify someone from parenthood IMO. Glad you got out of that bad situation! But someone who would go through with what PB is accused of likely has other deficiencies in their personality that at a bare minimum would psychologically negatively affect a child's development IMO.
Great response and yes very true. I still think my ex is strange , had he raised our daughter alone so yes I agree with her development. She is in/will be in much better arms, she will be loved and nurtured...not property and under his rule.

I agree with you and the OP.

To clarify my husband doesn’t come because he has awful hay fever and just the smell of my riding clothes make him miserable and he acts like he’s dying. (He May feel like he is) That doesn’t seem to be the case with KB and PF. So I would guess he liked to keep that part of his life separate.
The rodeo is just one more instance where no one has testified to seeing them together.

So sorry you had to go through that.

On December 22 TFPD issued a statement. In there they say (search warrants had already been issued, and they are still helping with "processing"). My question is: when were they issued, on which previous day?

Idaho Detectives Assist Investigation of Missing Colorado Woman
It seems everyone accepts that PF gave the baby to KB on Thanksgiving, but does anyone know for certain that occurred and at what time? The only person that confirmed that is PF.

From my post link:

EDITOR'S NOTE: This story has been corrected to reflect that a judge has yet to rule on a request to limit pretrial statements in the Frazee case.

Reporting on this case so confusing!

December 26, 2018

"Frazee’s attorneys had reportedly filed a motion to limit pretrial publicity following Frazee’s arrest on Friday, asking the judge to put strict limits on pre-trial statements. In the motion denial, the judge stipulated that prosecutors must follow Colorado ethics laws and avoid statements that “arouse public condemnation,” while allowing prosecutors to release details that are “necessary to inform the public of the nature and extent of the prosecutor’s action and that serve a legitimate law enforcement purpose,” according to court documents obtained by the Gazette."

Judge rejects ‘gag order’ in murder investigation of missing Colorado mom Kelsey Berreth

It seems everyone accepts that PF gave the baby to KB on Thanksgiving, but does anyone know for certain that occurred and at what time? The only person that confirmed that is PF.
KB gave the baby to PF has been the report I believe, correct? His truck was seen at her home 12:30-1 by a neighbor so we presume that's the time of the exchange -as told by PF.
But I totally agree with you. Does anyone know at this point if what PF has said is at all true?

Yes I suppose but isn't there a weight limit? I can not imagine, as a former horse owner of 25 years, that it would be feasible taking a dead body draped over a horse and also being on the same horse. None of my horses would have been OK with that in any way. Also how would you get the dead body on there? My horses would have looked at me and been like, NO.
Remember PF is a cowboy and all cowboys drape the other cowboy they shot over the back of their horse - at least in the movies.

But seriously my friends from WI came out here for 25 years elk hunting and they all had horses. Being flatlanders they could never hike up a few thousand feet. They were all very good sized and had a ton of gear on the horses as well. Packing out each horse took a minimum of 2 elk quarters. A hundred pounds what KB weighed is nothing for a horse.

If it is not a designated wilderness area where no motor vehicles are allowed you can drive a 4 wheeler right up to many of those abandoned mines. Remember they mined in those so they had to have a way of getting the minerals out. But if it is an area where no motor vehicles are allowed virtually all of them allow horse travel. It is very rare for a trail not to allow horses in the remote wilderness areas. Horses are extremely sure footed and can run up places we can't walk. And I know for a fact you can get saddlebags so large that a quarter of an elk can fit into. You know how big a quarter of an elk is? They are not hundreds of pounds but I know I have packed out quarters that were 75+ pounds on my back and when you go up a hill you wished it had wheels on it. I have no idea where she is but there are certainly areas where you can get to very easily with a horse that one could hide a body. Then again you would have to spend time in the mountains to know and he might have been too busy playing cowboy to venture out into some of this area. Most of the people out there would be hikers, climbers, backpackers or hunters.
There was just an article posted where the president of the Two Mile High Club in Cripple Creek stated that PF had been the farrier for a herd of donkeys there for the last 6-7 years. How wild is that!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redeworker