Australia Australia - Lynette Dawson, 34, Sydney, Jan 1982 *Arrest* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what we have seen of their behavior so far I think the three Dawson brothers will stick fat, and there is nothing more predictable than that they will crucify anybody in the way of a not guilty verdict for Chris.

You only have to cast your mind back to Peter's bizarre assertion at the inquest that Damian Loone was driven by an earlier infatuation with Lyn to realize they will do whatever it takes, and then some.
yeah cliff they have proven they will stick together and desperately throw anyone under bus.
ivan milat anyone?? lol

what we havent seen before is the suggestion of possibility that the other dawsons are looking down the barrel at their own jail times and how they might turn on each other don't think after spending an embarrassing lifetime protecting chris's arse that he will still be at the top of the later for the other two.

Marilyn 'implied' in her 90s interview her distain for cleaning up chris's messes.
her paul is the superior calmer smarter twin afterall.

I dont believe the link is anywhere near as strong a it used to be.

the lonely figure in the pool on xmas day was very telling to me where things are at.

moo

I wonder how many of the Dawsons will actually grace the witness box when the trial comes around in 2020, and I say that for a variety of different reasons. By then Chris and Paul will likely both be 72 and Peter 74, and not sure exactly how old Marilyn is?

It is highly unlikely Greg Walsh will allow Chris Dawson anywhere near the witness box at his own trial and I'm sure if there's a way Peter can weasel his way out of testifying he will. Someone smarter than me might be able to say whether, if Peter is part of Chris' counsel (under Walsh), that would automatically exclude him from being called as a witness?

We have already seen how slippery Peter is by his attack on Damian Loone at the inquest and some of the ridiculous claims he made there about Lyn and her disappearance. In unison with Greg Walsh, whom Peter recommended, I think they will stop at absolutely nothing in attempting to stifle the Crown's case and that could involve shenanigans on par with Christopher Skase and Alan Bond. Expect a circus!

yeah cliff they have proven they will stick together and desperately throw anyone under bus.
ivan milat anyone?? lol

what we havent seen before is the suggestion of possibility that the other dawsons are looking down the barrel at their own jail times and how they might turn on each other don't think after spending an embarrassing lifetime protecting chris's arse that he will still be at the top of the later for the other two.

Marilyn 'implied' in her 90s interview her distain for cleaning up chris's messes.

the lonely figure in the pool on xmas day was very telling to me where things are at.

moo

In one of Hedley's podcasts I remember Marilyn talking to Police and stating that she would be happy to appear at an inquiry 'provided she didn't incriminate Chris.'

That was one of the single most stunning things I heard in all of the podcasts.

Assuming Paul played a role in Lyn's disappearance however small - and I would like to be as sure of winning the lotto that he assisted in some way or other - there might come a point where his testimony against Chris might save his own skin? But would he take it? That is another question??

Last edited:
What I am hoping for, at trial, is that the DPP will not lead with any folderol about the motive for Lynn's murder being Chris' infatuation, paying any lip service to the romance of the thing, allowing any softening of a jury's heart and heading straight for the main item, the money.

Their well known documented meanness about money, and both brothers preference to cut corners in regard to money, and, my theory, the possibility of Peter advising Chris of the recent 'reforms' in Divorce Law which he , Chris, would now be subject to.

Before Lynns death, up to 1979/1980 divorce was a ghastly business, Chris would have lost out badly, and also, been at Lynn's mercy for consent to divorce. He would have had to leave the home, Joanne would have been labelled a co-respondent, his pay would have been garnisheed at source, for years.

In the position Chris was in, divorce was a financial horror, an unfair punishment, an intolerable imposition of authority , plus, he had to convince Joanne to stay, and that, obviously, required Lynn to absent herself, involuntarily, if need be.

The money was the key to the murder, I am sure the DPP will dispense with any matters of the heart as components, it was strictly business for Chris.

And money being the driver, the murder becomes a matter of avarice, of greed, of ruthlessness of a particularly aggravating nature...

Eventually, everyone ever associated in marriage, for example, with the Dawsons, is going to have to fork out, and pay up and peel back decades of profit, financial shenanigans, payouts and payups.

Last edited:
What I am hoping for, at trial, is that the DPP will not lead with any folderol about the motive for Lynn's murder being Chris' infatuation, paying any lip service to the romance of the thing, allowing any softening of a jury's heart and heading straight for the main item, the money.

Their well known documented meanness about money, and both brothers preference to cut corners in regard to money, and, my theory, the possibility of Peter advising Chris of the recent 'reforms' in Divorce Law which he , Chris, would now be subject to.

Before Lynns death, up to 1979/1980 divorce was a ghastly business, Chris would have lost out badly, and also, been at Lynn's mercy for consent to divorce. He would have had to leave the home, Joanne would have been labelled a co-respondent, his pay would have been garnisheed at source, for years.

In the position Chris was in, divorce was a financial horror, an unfair punishment, an intolerable imposition of authority , plus, he had to convince Joanne to stay, and that, obviously, required Lynn to absent herself, involuntarily, if need be.

The money was the key to the murder, I am sure the DPP will dispense with any matters of the heart as components, it was strictly business for Chris.

Tactically, I think you are spot on.

But the reality, in my humble opinion, is that Chris wanted out of his marriage to be with Joanne, and if he could have facilitated that and retained what he thought was his, he would have proceeded in a conventional manner.

Again, I think you are spot on regarding Chris' reality check on the finances.

Once Chris was advised how poorly he would fair in any marital split, and driven by his desire to be with Joanne, he saw only one recourse and he took it.

In one of Hedley's podcasts I remember Marilyn talking to Police and stating that she would be happy to appear at an inquiry 'provided she didn't incriminate Chris.'

That was one of the single most stunning things I heard in all of the podcasts.

Assuming Paul played a role in Lyn's disappearance however small - and I would like to be as sure of winning the lotto that he assisted in some way or other - there might come a point where his testimony against Chris might save his own skin? But would he take it? That is another question??

aha. It's the big stumbling block, Cliff. So far, this particular event has managed to be avoided by Paul, neither he nor Marilyn turned up at either inquest, on Peter's direction, or Chris, for that matter, but like the tide coming in, things eventually happen, and somethings cannot be avoided.

Paul himself may not know just how far he can go, self preservation being the strongest human emotion.

A smart DPP can get these blokes into the tightest corner... the Dawsons are clever, this murder and it's cover up has been their lifetimes work, refined, sculptured, adjusted, renovated, years of work , it is their raison d'etre, but a DPP is trained to ferret out exactly these sorts of crimes.

I got my money on the DPP, the Dawsons , while convinced they can teach anyone, and cannot be taught themselves, are prone to bad tempered errors..

aha. It's the big stumbling block, Cliff. So far, this particular event has managed to be avoided by Paul, neither he nor Marilyn turned up at either inquest, on Peter's direction, or Chris, for that matter, but like the tide coming in, things eventually happen, and somethings cannot be avoided.

Paul himself may not know just how far he can go, self preservation being the strongest human emotion.

A smart DPP can get these blokes into the tightest corner... the Dawsons are clever, this murder and it's cover up has been their lifetimes work, refined, sculptured, adjusted, renovated, years of work , it is their raison d'etre, but a DPP is trained to ferret out exactly these sorts of crimes.

I got my money on the DPP, the Dawsons , while convinced they can teach anyone, and cannot be taught themselves, are prone to bad tempered errors..

You make some excellent points there and I sure hope you are right regarding the outcome.

But with the bar set at beyond a reasonable doubt and jurors being unpredictable beats they are, I fear it is very possible the DPP could win the fight but lose the war.

ivan milat anyone?? lol

moo

Cleaning the pool on Christmas day!
Where are his supporters?
Perhaps thinking, "What next"!
All worried now.
The Dawson's clan, their privileged life is unraveling: inquests, podcasts, gossip, and now the arrest, then the trial.
Years of stress.:)
A poster recently stated, "Hope CD doesn't die of a heart attack before the trial."

Hope down the track, in their elderly years, they all are answering to the many lies/actions/episodes when they thought they were unchallenged/unstoppable.
We all are waiting.
Karma has been working, but slowly.
MOO.

You make some excellent points there and I sure hope you are right regarding the outcome.

But with the bar set at beyond a reasonable doubt and jurors being unpredictable beats they are, I fear it is very possible the DPP could win the fight but lose the war.

Whenever I get the wobbles about the judgement in this case, I return to Regina v Paul James Wilkinson (NSW) and renew my confidence .

And the nice thing about Wilkinson is this.. since he was convicted of murder, of Kylie, the NSW has made it retrospective that not producing the body means never any parole .

That might make Chris think twice.

Whenever I get the wobbles about the judgement in this case, I return to Regina v Paul James Wilkinson (NSW) and renew my confidence .

And the nice thing about Wilkinson is this.. since he was convicted of murder, of Kylie, the NSW has made it retrospective that not producing the body means never any parole .

That might make Chris think twice.

Just imagine Paul rolling over in the witness box and Chris' reaction from the dock. The two of them shouting obscenities at each other and then Peter piping into it as well.

We can only dream.

I wonder how many of the Dawsons will actually grace the witness box when the trial comes around in 2020, and I say that for a variety of different reasons. By then Chris and Paul will likely both be 72 and Peter 74, and not sure exactly how old Marilyn is?

It is highly unlikely Greg Walsh will allow Chris Dawson anywhere near the witness box at his own trial and I'm sure if there's a way Peter can weasel his way out of testifying he will. Someone smarter than me might be able to say whether, if Peter is part of Chris' counsel (under Walsh), that would automatically exclude him from being called as a witness?

We have already seen how slippery Peter is by his attack on Damian Loone at the inquest and some of the ridiculous claims he made there about Lyn and her disappearance. In unison with Greg Walsh, whom Peter recommended, I think they will stop at absolutely nothing in attempting to stifle the Crown's case and that could involve shenanigans on par with Christopher Skase and Alan Bond. Expect a circus!
Peter can probably claim lawyer client privilege because he was representing Chris and Paul at the inquest. With a current royal commission happening in Victoria with lawyer X being an informant to the police, it certainly would be easy to argue.

Peter can probably claim lawyer client privilege because he was representing Chris and Paul at the inquest. With a current royal commission happening in Victoria with lawyer X being an informant to the police, it certainly would be easy to argue.
doesn't there somewhere need to acknowledge conflict of interest?

the laughable performance at the inquest repping his brother but declaring ' he did love that woman something shocking" was smugly mocking the entire process imo and shouldn't have been allowed.

I guess all human remains until identified, will have people wondering: ? is it their loved ones, and the murderers worrying.

AA6uubQ.img

Human remains found in NSW forest

2 hrs ago
Human remains have been found in bushland on the NSW mid-north coast.

A Rural Fire Service crew made the discovery about 6am on Thursday on Yarratt Road after they put out a small fire in the Yarratt State Forest near Taree, police said.

The remains are believed to be those of an adult and a crime scene has been established.

It's an oldie, but a goodie.... sometimes it works … god alone knows how many times that story has taken wing and flew for a mans lifetime.

But then, there are the ones who crash and burn, sometimes before they've had time to change their jacket.

The Dawsons must have been glued to the TV about Baden-Clay, right the way thru to his life without parole imprisonment, like shadow of a huge hawk steering overhead.
Gerard's infamous plea to someone to return his wife, while his eyes were glued to the reporters cleavage , a classic of it's genre, must have made Los Trios Dawson draw a collective sigh of horror.....

( a timely reminder --
)

Last edited:
The Schoolgirl, Her Teacher and His Wife by Rebecca Hazel

I noticed Rebecca Hazel's book is coming out 19 February next year. Completed prior to the arrest. While Joanne didn't specifically participate in the podcast, she has told her full story for the book.

"In 2007, while working at a local women’s refuge, lawyer Rebecca Hazel struck up a friendship with one of her colleagues whose name was Joanne Curtis. One day, while chatting over coffee, Jo told Rebecca about her past- about a missing woman, a husband who got away with everything, and a vulnerable schoolgirl at the centre of it all."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998