CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #17 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
See! Now I didn't even think of that! @MassGuy...you are smart . Alright, life insurance is off the table for me at this point.
Agree, but if there was some life insurance or pension to be had, even if it goes to the baby, BONUS, because as the primary caregiver he would be the trustee! Although overall I agree the prime motivation was custody and moving on.

Oh no, NOT a good catch for those of us that have half a brain :) But if you can get women writing letters swearing their undying love for people like Paul Bernardo and Chris Watts, it's really not a stretch. IMHO

Right! And we know what these guys did. Women who meet PF wouldn’t know what he did just like women who meet my ex don’t realize what he’s all about at first either. Men like this talk a good talk and plenty of women would fall it.

I think the Woodland police indicated KB was considered deceased and that would be based on 1) DNA of evidence in the home, 2) amount of blood and tissue, and 3) possible witness confirmation and other evidence confirming. It is really unusual for LE to come outright like they did and state that she is believed to be deceased just after a month without firm evidence and to make an immediate arrest. They also for some reason stated they have limited the location of where she is located which is beyond unusual.
We will have to see on that one.

It’s not uncommon for them to say they think someone is deceased, but that is different than the court declaring the person legally dead. That can take a long time regardless of the evidence.

I don't think he wanted custody bc he was committed and involved, but I think he wanted custody. they have no grip on reality and do not realize the work of being a single parent. it doesn't occur to them when they are planning their partner's demise. it's all about power over the other parent.

I can’t judge his parenting...but I do think he was committed and involved. I don’t see any reason to think he did not want custody, and every reason to think he did.

I heard a comment on a crime show today that said murderers
usually hide the body of victim close by their home and often
on property of friends or family.
Chew on that.

Oh yes, it does happen! I actually know of a case where a guy was killed at a cottage. His wife was having an affair with his best friend. He brought the body back to his home and threw him under the pool liner for the winter. When things began thawing, he took out the body and placed him in a shallow grave under the shed. Unfortunate for him, his father was living with him and witnessed the suspicious activity. He called the police. Lots of respect for that man's father.

That's my thought. Life insurance for her daughter? If something was to happen to KB atleast her little girl would financially benefit. It makes sense for parents to do that.

Well and who knows. If she has life insurance, she could have made PF the beneficiary before she ever even got pregnant and then just never got around to changing it.

I'm happy the judge denied LE's attempt to enforce a gag order. They have a lot of explaining to do surrounding their initial response to Kelsey's disappearance. Starting out with why they misled the public that PF was cooperating when he wasn't. Sad how its come to this. LE requesting gag orders to protect themselves from criticism. Good on the judge for refusing to do it.

Defendant filed motion to limit pretrial coverage; LE filed response in opposition.

I take it you're no longer attracted to him. lOL
I love your description of him.

Hahaha no. He is a horrible person. I met him when he was 22 and much easier on the eyes. But he talks a smooth game and presents himself as father of the year and women line up to go out with him. Thankfully most get away before they realize he is violent.

@nwmouse I was reluctant to mention this because it may be the one thing worse than being a murderer...but, if you’re going down that line of thinking, that she knew something or saw something that made him decide he had to kill her - that would be the only thing that would make sense to me.

Edited: Sorry, I don’t know how to quote the comment I’m referrring to lol

Last edited:
unless he really was a mama's boy and never cooked or cleaned the kitchen, items in the kitchen wouldn't register on his radar.

Back to the cinnamon rolls (again). Beginning to believe he disposed of her body the same day he killed her. He showed up early in the day. And had he returned a second time, a good chance he'd have remembered to put them away and pack an overnight bag to stage a disappearance.

I agree she could have had some evidence against him as a father that could have terminated his parenting rights.

I was reluctant to mention this because it may be the one thing worse being a murderer...but, if you’re going down that line of thinking, that she knew something or saw something that made him decide he had to kill her - that would be the only thing that would make sense to me.

I agree she could have had some evidence against him as a father that could have terminated his parenting rights.

Given that he premeditated this and had time to try and solicite the job to be done, I can’t imagine that is the case at all. I don’t know KB but I believe she would have taken immediate action to protect her daughter. That would have been as easy as calling 911 and taking her to the ER for an exam. The very next day a temporary court order would be made restraining him from any sort of contact. She wouldn’t have given him the chance to hurt the baby again, but he had time to plan her death. Even if he had only planned it for a day or two, 911 and the hospital were open. Courts were open the days prior to Thanksgiving. I highly doubt she’d be having happy chats with her mom and baking cinnamon rolls if that was going on.

Remember PF is a cowboy and all cowboys drape the other cowboy they shot over the back of their horse - at least in the movies.

But seriously my friends from WI came out here for 25 years elk hunting and they all had horses. Being flatlanders they could never hike up a few thousand feet. They were all very good sized and had a ton of gear on the horses as well. Packing out each horse took a minimum of 2 elk quarters. A hundred pounds what KB weighed is nothing for a horse.
Whatever I still think it's not how he did it IMO.

Its been considered here that KB may have found something out that triggered PF.

I hate to even bring this up, but what if she found him harming their baby girl?

Or she found something weird on his computer that made her decide she didn't want to be with him anymore, and that she was worried for the safety of the baby?

moo

I don't think this is probable, reason being I think she would have wanted her mother to know what she was dealing with. I can't imagine her having an "everything is normal" conversation with her mom if she thought he was harming the baby. Now if her mother was the one leading everyone during the pressers to think all was fine but she knew that it wasn't that would be another story. I think if her mother was worried about PF at all she would have never gone a week without speaking to her daughter - tells me no red flags.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305