Australia AUSTRALIA - Perth missing/murdered SK victims

Just to keep some clustering. Deborah Anderson in hospitality also borrowed mother or step inlaw car which went to Geraldton and back. Said going South Perth zoo.

800 kilometres is a couple of likely petrol stations to fill with petrol.

Ms Anderson, 24, died in a burnt-out car in a tiny shopping centre carpark on Dance Drive on January 24, 2000, after travelling more than 800 kilometres to Geraldton and back.

https://www.watoday.com.au/national...empt-at-solving-cold-case-20110816-1ivpr.html
Just to keep some clustering. Deborah Anderson in hospitality also borrowed mother or step inlaw car which went to Geraldton and back. Said going South Perth zoo.

800 kilometres is a couple of likely petrol stations to fill with petrol.

Ms Anderson, 24, died in a burnt-out car in a tiny shopping centre carpark on Dance Drive on January 24, 2000, after travelling more than 800 kilometres to Geraldton and back.

https://www.watoday.com.au/national...empt-at-solving-cold-case-20110816-1ivpr.html
do you know how police found that she had actually gone to Geraldton that day or did they presume based on kms driven ?

Possible suspects in the following missing persons/murders

FELICIA MARIE WILSON- Andrew Garforth

KERRYN MARY TATE- Unknown suspects (Andrew Garforth linked in media article reproduced*Google Groups )

ANNETTE DEVERELL- Unknown suspects (Andrew Garforth*linked in media article reproduced*Google Groups )

LISA MOTT- Andrew Garforth /*David Birnie*(Panel Van possibly linked to Bunbury)

PAULINE WALTER- Unknown suspects (Headless body found in a ditch in Forrestdale)

SHARON MASON- Arthur Greer

CHERYL RENWICK- David & Catherine Birnie

BARBARA WESTERN-*David & Catherine Birnie

JULIE CUTLER- CSK aka Bradley Edwards/ Lance Williams/ Julie Cutlers two ex boyfriends

LISA GOVAN- Bradley Edwards/ Donald Victor Morey/ Francis John Wark/ Bikie gang (Club Deroes)

SARAH MCMAHON- Donald Victor Morey

KERRY TURNER- Bradley Edwards

SARA-LEE DAVEY- Richard Dorrough

LISA BROWN- Donald Victor Morey/ Bradley Edwards

DARYLYN UGLE- Donald Victor Morey

HAYLEY DODD- Francis John Wark

ANNE ZAPPELLI- Norm Raisbeck/ Thomas Craig
I’ve been trying to find any details on Andrew Garforth. Where he lived, for how long, with who while in Perth and can’t find anything. If he was responsible for Felicia Wilson he was 16 at the time so could he drive or have his licence by the time Kerryn Tate and others were murdered

Possible suspects in the following missing persons/murders

FELICIA MARIE WILSON- Andrew Garforth

KERRYN MARY TATE- Unknown suspects (Andrew Garforth linked in media article reproduced*Google Groups )

ANNETTE DEVERELL- Unknown suspects (Andrew Garforth*linked in media article reproduced*Google Groups )

LISA MOTT- Andrew Garforth /*David Birnie*(Panel Van possibly linked to Bunbury)

PAULINE WALTER- Unknown suspects (Headless body found in a ditch in Forrestdale)

SHARON MASON- Arthur Greer

CHERYL RENWICK- David & Catherine Birnie

BARBARA WESTERN-*David & Catherine Birnie

JULIE CUTLER- CSK aka Bradley Edwards/ Lance Williams/ Julie Cutlers two ex boyfriends

LISA GOVAN- Bradley Edwards/ Donald Victor Morey/ Francis John Wark/ Bikie gang (Club Deroes)

SARAH MCMAHON- Donald Victor Morey

KERRY TURNER- Bradley Edwards

SARA-LEE DAVEY- Richard Dorrough

LISA BROWN- Donald Victor Morey/ Bradley Edwards

DARYLYN UGLE- Donald Victor Morey

HAYLEY DODD- Francis John Wark

ANNE ZAPPELLI- Norm Raisbeck/ Thomas Craig
Also a girl named Gina Merrifield was killed in Orelia in 1972. I can find no details except it was murder. Has anyone heard of this girl and know any details?

Also a girl named Gina Merrifield was killed in Orelia in 1972. I can find no details except it was murder. Has anyone heard of this girl and know any details?

I recall a young lady was accused and convicted of murdering a similar aged young lady in Medina........ Bashed to death with a brick to the head. It was a shock to everyone that the perp was a female. Names escape me tonight sorry.

I recall a young lady was accused and convicted of murdering a similar aged young lady in Medina........ Bashed to death with a brick to the head. It was a shock to everyone that the perp was a female. Names escape me tonight sorry.
I wonder if this was the case. Do you recall the year it may have been at all?

I wonder if this was the case. Do you recall the year it may have been at all?

I would be guessing 1979 "ish" - It was front page of the Daily Newspaper. Library sleuthing would be the way to start - or, contacting a reporter - someone like Alison Fan from Perth that used to report on the TV.

I would be guessing 1979 "ish" - It was front page of the Daily Newspaper. Library sleuthing would be the way to start - or, contacting a reporter - someone like Alison Fan from Perth that used to report on the TV.
Thanks. You are correct it was this case I was curious about after a lot of sleuthing. However it lead me to another murder victim in Esperence similar to Felicia Wilson. Her name was Caroline Joan Fountain murdered on 14/12/78. Can find out absolutely nothing else

Just been reading the State Coroners Investigation report in to the disappearance/death of Sarah Anne McMahon from December 2012. What I found interesting was the finding of her car at Swan District Hospital (now closed).

"On the evening of 20 November 2000 Ms McMahon’s Ford Meteor sedan was located in the car park of Swan District Hospital in Middle Swan by members of the McMahon family who were coincidently attending the hospital."

I find it very interesting and a massive coincidence that members of SM family came across her car at a hospital that they were visiting.

WAPOL "believe" the car was left there on the 8th of November. But it was first observed there on the 10th of November, that's the day after SM was reported missing.

The question I have is does it sound unusual that SM family members (immediate family live in Parkerville) came across her car? Or am I reading too much in to this? It's something that jumped out at me when I was reading the report.

Just been reading the State Coroners Investigation report in to the disappearance/death of Sarah Anne McMahon from December 2012. What I found interesting was the finding of her car at Swan District Hospital (now closed).

"On the evening of 20 November 2000 Ms McMahon’s Ford Meteor sedan was located in the car park of Swan District Hospital in Middle Swan by members of the McMahon family who were coincidently attending the hospital."

I find it very interesting and a massive coincidence that members of SM family came across her car at a hospital that they were visiting.

WAPOL "believe" the car was left there on the 8th of November. But it was first observed there on the 10th of November, that's the day after SM was reported missing.

The question I have is does it sound unusual that SM family members (immediate family live in Parkerville) came across her car? Or am I reading too much in to this? It's something that jumped out at me when I was reading the report.
Robyn Santen's brother and sister in law found her car at City Beach before they reported her missing and Cheryl Renwick's car was found at Perth Airport by two of her work colleagues who drove out there on a hunch the day after she was reported missing. "If she's done a bunk somewhere, that's where it (the car) would be," he said he had thought at the time.

The Renwick find seems a little suss to me but I dont think its that strange that Sarah McMahons family found her car. They probably looked at every single car of the same colour or style since she disappeared and they wouldn't have been the only people to see it nor the first, just the only people who made the connection.

Similar to the lawyer and police officer discussing that Corryn Rayneys car looked exactly like a particular car parked across the street without thinking to check if it was her car, which it was.

Robyn Santen's brother and sister in law found her car at City Beach before they reported her missing and Cheryl Renwick's car was found at Perth Airport by two of her work colleagues who drove out there on a hunch the day after she was reported missing. "If she's done a bunk somewhere, that's where it (the car) would be," he said he had thought at the time.

The Renwick find seems a little suss to me but I dont think its that strange that Sarah McMahons family found her car. They probably looked at every single car of the same colour or style since she disappeared and they wouldn't have been the only people to see it nor the first, just the only people who made the connection.

Similar to the lawyer and police officer discussing that Corryn Rayneys car looked exactly like a particular car parked across the street without thinking to check if it was her car, which it was.
Airports were often a place to dump cars because it wouldn't be suspicious if a car was to be at an airport a week or 2, particularly in long term parking. Now in at least Perth Airport and probably others, they have numberplate recognition so a car wouldn't be able to be dumped so easily.

Cheryl Renwick has always been considered a possible victim of the Birnies even long before the Murder Uncovered Episode.

https://thewest.com.au/news/wa/missing-mum-linked-to-birnie-murders-ng-b88374591z

In considering the family finding the car at Swan Districts Hospital, it may just be it was a big parking area of the closest hospital to Parkerville.

Attached is an aerial video.

It's just been reported that she did. Not sure whether she was seen at a Service Station or on the way or whether it was by kms on the car.

TUESDAY, JANUARY 25, 2000
Personal Details
Date of Death: 25th January 2000
Debbie's life was taken at the young age of 24yrs, she had her whole life ahead of her. Her charred remains were found in the front seat of a burnt out white Ford Laser vehicle registration KA6594 at a shopping centre in Dance Drive, Middle Swan at approximately 12.26am. 25 January 2000. Various questions remain unanswered about the death of Debbie and her movements on the day of her death.

Further Information:: Debbie had been out from England approximately 6 months and was staying with her father and his partner in Perths northern suburb of Woodvale. Debbie was studying to become a chef at the Australian School of Tourism and Hospitality and had plans of opening her own restaurant one day.

Debbie loved animals and told her father on the morning of 24th January 2000 her plans were to go to Perth Zoo that day. Her first stop 9.40am was at the ATM machine at the intersection of Trappers and Timberlane Drive, Woodvale to withdraw some money. Her movements from there until the discovery of her charred remains at 12.26am remained unknown.

Police baffled by her death at the time, trying to piece together the final movements of Debbie to determine whether it was murder, suicide or accident. Midland Senior Detective Rick Weskin said “they were treating the death as suspicious and said it hasn't been downgraded to an accidental or suicide-type death and it certainly hasn't been upgraded to a homicide investigation at this stage.”

Detectives were not able to establish whether she had travelled to South Perth. Police initially interviewed people and set up mobile police facility vans at the Woodvale and Middle Swan shopping centres, posters of Debbie were placed in various locations.

A few months later new forensic evidence revealed the white Ford Laser with registration KA6594 she had borrowed from a family friend had travelled to Geraldton and back on the day that her charred remains were found. Police did country runs to Geraldton and back stopping at all the roadhouses along Brand Highway to Geraldton then taking a different route travelled back to Perth along Brand Highway/Great Northern Highway to see if anyone had sighted Debbie on that day.

With so many unanswered questions relting to Deborahs movements on the day and the distance that the vehicle she was driving had traveled it is difficult to see this death as anything other than murder.

Almost 2 years after Deborah's death her mother Maureen Morris passed away. The battle to find out what happen to Deborah was passed to Katie, her aunt and Maureen's sister. Katie opperates a myspace site

Scottish website links convicted murderer Malcolm Webster to Perth woman's death in burnt-out car
Updated 18 Dec 2013, 6:

Scottish website links convicted murderer Malcolm Webster to Perth woman's death in burnt-out car
Updated 18 Dec 2013, 6:25pm

PHOTO: Deborah Anderson's remains were found in the burnt out car in Middle Swan. (file) (ABC News)
West Australian police say a Scottish man convicted of murder is not believed to have been in the country when a Perth woman died in suspicious circumstances.

Earlier today, a Scottish news website linked Malcolm Webster to the death of Deborah Michelle Anderson in Perth 13 years ago.

Ms Anderson's charred remains were found in a burnt-out car in Middle Swan in January, 2000.

Police have always treated the death as suspicious.

The Scottish Express reported that Webster is being investigated in relation to the 24-year-old's death.

Webster was convicted of killing his first wife by drugging her, then setting fire to her car after a staged crash.

WA Police say they have not had any approach from Scottish police concerning the investigation.

Topics: murder-and-manslaughter, middle-swan-6056, scotland

I have been looking into this person Malcolm Webster who is now in a Scottish jail for the murder of his wife years ago by drugging her and setting fire to the car. He then worked in Saudi Arabia. He was known to have come to Australia around the time Deborah was here. He worked as a male nurse. He had met another nurse in Saudi Arabia and after being in Australia went to NZ to marry her. They had a child and after a couple of years of marriage tried to kill her too. She managed to get him arrested by police and was taken back to UK. Very interesting story. They even made a miniseries about him. The UK police are trying to connect him to Deborah's murder. Same mo and may have been working in Geraldton as a nurse. He told friends he worked in rural areas with Aboriginal children. WA police have said they haven't found a connection but who knows if that's true.

https://www.watoday.com.au/national...r-link-to-wa-womans-death-20131218-2zl1m.html

Last edited:
In regards to the Deborah Anderson's case Im sure WAPOL would off confirmed by now whether Malcolm Webster was in WA at the time or not.

Interesting that where DA's car was found is a stones throw from where Sarah Anne McMahon's car was found. SM went missing November of the same year and some of her belongings where found on Great Northern Highway.

Thanks. You are correct it was this case I was curious about after a lot of sleuthing. However it lead me to another murder victim in Esperence similar to Felicia Wilson. Her name was Caroline Joan Fountain murdered on 14/12/78. Can find out absolutely nothing else
I went to school with Caroline

I went to school with Caroline
From memory it was a man named Peter Maloney. He was a barman at a highstreet hotel in Esperance. He was also convicted of murdering an elderly woman in the hotel several years later

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanayarford
Back