Found Safe MI - A'miyah Jones, 4 mos, taken at gunpoint by JaQuan Jones, 24, Detroit, Wayne Co., 24 Dec 2018

cybervampira

Reaction score
Police: Father takes 4-month-old child from mother at gunpoint

Police said a 4-month-old baby girl was forcibly taken from her mother by the child's father at 2 p.m. Monday.
upload_2018-12-25_3-33-11.jpeg
The child's mother, 22, was visiting a relative when the child's father, JaQuan Jones, 24, came to the home with his twin brother and forced his way inside.

Once inside, Jones revealed a weapon and took the baby, A'miyah Jones, from her mother at gunpoint., according to police. He left the scene in an unknown direction.

Police are looking for the child and the suspect. The child is listed as a serious missing person.
The suspect is believed to be driving in a blue Chrysler 200.

Detroit police are investigating.

Police: Father takes Infant from mother at gunpoint

Oh I hope this sweet baby is OK!
I was wondering the same thing as NervousNellie.
From the Michigan State Police website:
"The approval and activation requirements for an AMBER Alert include:
  • Law enforcement believes a child under 18 has been abducted and is in imminent danger of serious bodily injury or death.
  • There is sufficient information available to disseminate to the general public which could assist with the safe recovery of the child and/or the apprehension of the suspect.
"
I feel like a four-month-old baby being abducted by her father with a gun counts as being in imminent danger, and they have vehicle information and a photo of them both for the public to help.
Unless the police know something we don't, IMO, this is what AMBER Alerts were designed for.

Still no updates? This article notes that there was no amber alert and that it did not meet the guidelines. I Can’t figure out why not?

4-month-old taken at gunpoint on Christmas Eve still missing

According to the article, the man forced his way into the house where the mother and baby were visiting a relative. Then he showed a gun and took the baby.

I wonder how he knew which house to force himself into, and how he was able to accomplish that w/o alerting the mom and relative to the danger.

I am more hopeful that this account is true, than that it's not true.

According to the article, the man forced his way into the house where the mother and baby were visiting a relative. Then he showed a gun and took the baby.

I wonder how he knew which house to force himself into, and how he was able to accomplish that w/o alerting the mom and relative to the danger.

I am more hopeful that this account is true, than that it's not true.
Her mother maybe. He might have been to her own home looking for her then saw her car at her mother's house.
This kind of crime is always done to punish the mother IMO.

Oh I hope this sweet baby is OK!
I was wondering the same thing as NervousNellie.
From the Michigan State Police website:
"The approval and activation requirements for an AMBER Alert include:
  • Law enforcement believes a child under 18 has been abducted and is in imminent danger of serious bodily injury or death.
  • There is sufficient information available to disseminate to the general public which could assist with the safe recovery of the child and/or the apprehension of the suspect.
"
I feel like a four-month-old baby being abducted by her father with a gun counts as being in imminent danger, and they have vehicle information and a photo of them both for the public to help.
Unless the police know something we don't, IMO, this is what AMBER Alerts were designed for.
I’m hoping they do not believe A’miyah to be in danger. Unrealistic, mYbe, but every other requirement is obvious. Fingers crossed for A.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back