Hailey Dunn: General Discussion thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Click here to support Legal fees to sue the man who hurt my child organized by Clinton Dunn

Same old Clint ... how about YOU get a job and support HER!!! I hate that yet another child is paying the price for a parent who can't even manage his own life.

He makes it sound like he is going to charge the man who hurt Hailey.....if he had a case someone would take it pro bono. Wish he would say who the guy is who did this. And why is he letting his child around people who tell her scary stuff about Hailey? He needs to move away where he isn't known and find a real job making real money...sorry Clint.

thinking of our sweet Hailey today...8 years she is gone...seems like yesterday, seems like a lifetime ago... oh the places she could have gone, the things she could have done...so sad.
a couple of recent articles
On the eighth anniversary of Hailey Dunn's disappearance, mysteries linger

COLD CASE: Colorado City teen Hailey Dunn disappears 8 years ago, remains found 3 years later

To whom it may concern....it must be an awful, stressful life, knowing you stole the life of this innocent... do you sleep with one eye open, do you have nightmares, do you avoid looking people in the eye?...or that you KNOW who did this and will still not speak up, how can you sit idly by and condone this, if only to just save your pitiful self?? ....miserable people you are, you have no hearts, no conscience.
...God shall ultimately judge you and bring justice, where man has faltered... do you really want to incur His wrath?

Wow Knox. I've never heard Clint talk about BJ like this! Tells a lot!

"“I couldn’t accept it until years later — when I began working with other families — that she never once asked me if I had seen Hailey. She never asked me if I knew where Hailey was. I work with parents of missing children, and they always ask their ex if they have the child. But she never did. She never asked me because she already knew. Billie Jean wanted me to make that call, because she was scared to death to make that report”."

One more shocker from Knox's link.
"“I should have known then she was involved”, Dunn said. “But I couldn’t bring myself to think that the woman I had spent 13 years with could have murdered our daughter, or at least know who did and protect him. My mind wouldn’t let me go there yet”."

Wow Knox. I've never heard Clint talk about BJ like this! Tells a lot!

"“I couldn’t accept it until years later — when I began working with other families — that she never once asked me if I had seen Hailey. She never asked me if I knew where Hailey was. I work with parents of missing children, and they always ask their ex if they have the child. But she never did. She never asked me because she already knew. Billie Jean wanted me to make that call, because she was scared to death to make that report”."

Yes nannymo, it always bothered me that Billie made Clint call the police. Also her story of looking in on Hailey before she left to work that morning. The party on New Year's Eve, and I could go on and on.

Clint makes some big promises, let's see if he actually follows through. I sure wish we knew where Adkins is and what he's doing these days!

Last edited:

The problem is, what he is saying now does not jive with what happened based on what has been reported so far. For example, he claims that HD was not friends with MB, which I think would be a surprise for MB's mother based on her public statements at the time, lol. The mother certainly believed they were friends.

According to the police affidavits, BD was the one who reported HD missing.

Then of course there are all the slip ups, from the girl friend getting "confused" about when HD came over, witnesses seeing HD that day, including in the company of the girlfriends son, the rediscovered earring and so on.

Once DD was taken by child protective services BD would have had no say over who could or could not talk to him. And certainly once he was an adult no one would have been able to prevent LU from interviewing him. And in any case, DD was with a friend at the time, and the friend presumably could also have been asked about the circumstances. BD would have had no control over that.

I don't believe anything CD says.

The problem is, what he is saying now does not jive with what happened based on what has been reported so far. For example, he claims that HD was not friends with MB, which I think would be a surprise for MB's mother based on her public statements at the time, lol. The mother certainly believed they were friends.

According to the police affidavits, BD was the one who reported HD missing.

Then of course there are all the slip ups, from the girl friend getting "confused" about when HD came over, witnesses seeing HD that day, including in the company of the girlfriends son, the rediscovered earring and so on.

Once DD was taken by child protective services BD would have had no say over who could or could not talk to him. And certainly once he was an adult no one would have been able to prevent LU from interviewing him. And in any case, DD was with a friend at the time, and the friend presumably could also have been asked about the circumstances. BD would have had no control over that.

I don't believe anything CD says.

Do you believe anything Billie says?

None of them are particularly reliable. That is not to say that I think that any of them were directly involved, but they might know relevant information that they are not saying for fear that people might think that they are. Which makes it particularly difficult for any investigator to figure out what happened, it muddies the waters a lot, you can't believe any of them unless it is independently corroborated IMO.

There is a lot of "don't look at me, look over there" going on, plus I think changes in their personal relationships over time is causing stories to change as well. It seems to me that innuendo is being used as a weapon outside of the truth. So if they are saying things now that are different from what the story originally was, IMO there is revisionism going on and it cannot be believed. Whenever you see details being added to an account later, those are almost certainly made up. Sometimes intentionally, but other times it happens because the way memory works. What you remember is not just what happened, but is affected by what happens later as well, a sort of "zero filling" of spaces in recollection which then become very real to the person doing the recollection even though they never happened, so it changes over time, especially if you are telling the story over and over. Usually the most accurate version (assuming no deliberate lying off course) is the very first one … if details change or are added later they probably are not what actually happened.

I say instead of beating down the dad and risking this case going back silent, we just simply listen and show support. Who knows he might just say something that may push someone else to give information that is needed. We weren't there, all anyone can do is speculate at this point.

I have always believed Clint when he talks about the disappearance of Hailey.

What I don't approve of is their lack of respect for LE. Sure, it's just some weed, but sorry, weed is still illegal in Texas.

I think a lot of what he is saying is very believable. He knows more than any of us, so I say have at it Cint. Do what you can to get the culprit/s arrested.

What slayed me recently regarding Clint, was his asking for help with legal fees to pursue a judgement for his youngest daughter. It just seems wrong in all kinds of ways ...

While I don't agree with his lifestyle (then or now), I've always had sympathy for him with regard to Hailey and her death. Actions speak louder than words, so I'll be watching to see what develops in 2019. I hope he is successful!!

Knox, I agree 100%! I so hope someone can bring some justice to this sweet girl. She deserved so much more out of life than what she got.
I think it will interesting to view his 30 fb videos in 30 days, so far he sure has thrown some names out we never saw here before, I know fb links are not allowed here. I simply went to his FB page and watched them, he has it public. The couple I have viewed he seems sincere, clear headed . I hope 2019 is the year for HD. IMO the is not kosher.

Last edited:
Since Facebook has limited Dunn’s communication, he will be logging in from different accounts and adding other social media platforms. “I’m starting a YouTube channel”, Dunn said. “You’re going to see that I live and breathe Hailey’s case 24/7. If I have to invite the world into my home to get justice for Hailey, I’ll do it”.

Dunn’s videos have been viewed more than 25,000 times on social media in the last four days; as expected, he is receiving backlash from those who prefer to believe wild conspiracy theories as opposed to statistics.

“Statistics show Shawn Adkins did this”, Dunn said. “The mother’s boyfriend is usually the guilty one. Stranger danger accounts for less than one percent of all crimes, but we spend too much time teaching our kids to fear the boogeyman instead of Mom’s sicko boyfriend. Yesterday, I learned Hailey slept with a baseball bat in the days leading up to her murder, because she was terrified of Shawn. My Mom (before she died) told me Shawn would stand outside Hailey’s door at night, and she could see his feet. I wish I had known all of this back then, but Hailey knew I would have killed him myself and I know she was protecting me. This killed my mother. It killed my father. It killed my best friend, Pete. It’s killing me, but not before I see them both get the needle”.

But others prefer Dunn chase down dangerous criminals not associated with the case. “Yesterday, they tried to say the Aryan Brotherhood did it, before it was a biker gang. Dirty police officers in Odessa, drug dealers. They (the conspiracy theorists) want me focused anywhere but on Shawn and Billie Jean. Their phones didn’t ping where Hailey was, Shawn’s did. They didn’t quit their jobs the day she disappeared, Shawn did. They didn’t write that message on the balloon. Billie Jean did”.

Dunn is asking for help from the public setting up other social media platforms for Hailey’s case, such as Instagram, Reddit, Snapchat, and more. “Hailey’s friends are reaching out to me. They are adults now, and (they) know social media much better than I do. I need their help. Push the #JusticeForHailey2019 hashtag and make this thing go worldwide. Everyone who says they’ll help me, I tell the the same thing: make this story go viral”.

On Instagram, Dunn can be followed using, dunnclinton; on Twitter, @clintondunn5. His SnapChat handle is clintdunn2019.

There is a $15,000 reward for information leading directly to the arrest of Hailey Dunn’s killer(s). Anyone with information is asked to call Investigator John McDaniel of the Scurry County, TX, District Attorney’s Office at 325-573-2462, or you may submit a tip online to the Texas Rangers Cold Case Hotline. #JusticeForHailey2019.

Hailey Dunn’s Dad: ‘You can’t shut me up’

Since Clint didn't post yesterday or today, thought I would put something out for discussion. In one of his video's, he stated Shawn Adkin's Grandfather lived near/owned property in the area Hailey's remains were found. Anyone know if this is true?

d1ec154b-cbc3-43c8-a4fc-b677626abd81-0427_ablo_SnyderBody2.JPG

The remains of missing Colorado City teenager Hailey Dunn were found near Lake J B Thomas, off Farm to Market 1298 and County Road 3236 near Snyder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow