Wesley Hadsell charged with murdering A.J. Hadsell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, OntarioMom, I didn't have your faith in this case. Like cocomod and alexwood, I really thought he'd slid his slithery self free on AJ's murder.

And yes, Vail, not libelous at all to suspect abduction of AJ, with all the evidence that's been gathered. If she went willingly at any point with WH (which I HIGHLY doubt), it was like a lamb to the slaughter :(

I apologize for not adding a JMO to my post above, but I don't apologize for what I said, nor do I consider it libellous in the least (I am not a journalist). The man has been indicted for murder.

All of this is carefully worked out in the multitude of threads on AJ's subforum and MSM links thread. Believe me, anything I say that sounds like fact is backed up by one of those long explorations.

I'll list out the latest points covered in the court documents cited by the Virginian Pilot and other MSM here:
Wesley Hadsell charged with murdering his adopted daughter, A.J. Hadsell....

Please don't call her his daughter. He is a fraud. Just because some quackery papers were signed does not mean she is his daughter. She is NOT AJ Hadsell. She grew up Anjelica Hoffer until she was 16. At the VERY LEAST, she should be remembered as ANJELICA MARIE.

If you have any questions about who is her father, go to www.AnjelicaMarie.com

I understand you (and journalists, etc.) want to be 'legally correct', but c'mon, let's finally see it for what it is. Every time she is called his daughter or called by that name, it's another shame upon her legacy and the truth of who she is.

By the way, a law has since been passed in Virginia, requiring step parents to submit to background checks before adopting children. This is HB 227. LIS > Bill Tracking > HB227 > 2018 session

Many balls were dropped which led to this child's suffering.

- Ohio should have prosecuted him for the 2005 Rape - BEFORE Anjelica was murdered.
- Illinois or FBI never prosecuted for felony eluding police on a high speed chase leading to an accident and then hiding in a field all night in 2005.
- He also violated a protective order and probation out of North Carolina b/c of this 2005 incident.
Initial investigative reports said that the woman he took (his estranged wife) was held for two weeks under threat of death and repeatedly raped. Reports also said that he robbed multiple places on their cross country escapade. He got away with all of that. Why?

This documentation can all be found in Delaware County, OH "Court View".

When he got out of prison, he immediately met and moved in with my children's mother. Why didn't the probation officer, Tomas Ramirez, tell me about this man's history, which included serious violence in prison which got him escalated from low security housing to maximum security lockdown for over two years. I had 50/50 legal and physical custody of my girls. Why wasn't I informed?

His prison record can be found at Pacer.gov in sentencing reports and arguments for 2016 Virginia prosecution.

The family court judge, Joseph P. Massey and Guardian ad Litem Charles Johnson, failed when I asked the court to protect my children, ESPECIALLY Anjelica, who had stopped coming to my house and no longer had a father in her life. The family courts are SUPPOSED to consider the types of crimes that this slug had committed, but they DID NOT. In fact, Family Court ignored every "Best Interest" statute on the books except for the preference of the child. Anjelica was 13 at that time, and she had been lied to.

Judge Massey changed my custody of Anjelica from 50/50 to ZERO, while leaving it 50/50 of my other two girls.

All of these Family Court documents can be found at www.AnjelicaMarie.com

How was this pathetic worm allowed to adopt Anjelica two years after meeting her? No background check was done. No home study was done. This is not a rare occurrence. There are many parents who lose their children under similar circumstances. It is child abuse to remove a loving parent from a child's life.

Children need FATHERS, not father-'figures'.

Last edited:
Oh @Zach , I am so sorry for you and for Angelica. This was a complete travesty and it was possibly preventable. This man was a monster that targeted your beautiful daughter. I am still surprised it took so long to charge him, but I am relieved that they finally did!

@Zach It really is annoying how the media wants to keep using that phrase in their headlines. You have so many reasons to be angry. I've asked a mod to change the thread title for you.

Thank you Vail.

I guess I'm just glad so many people see through the lies that have hurt so much. That is some form of Justice.

Oh @Zach , I am so sorry for you and for Angelica. This was a complete travesty and it was possibly preventable. This man was a monster that targeted your beautiful daughter. I am still surprised it took so long to charge him, but I am relieved that they finally did!

It is very painful. But I still have life. Anjelica does not. My heart constantly hurts for her.

And yes the time has caused more problems. It's very hard waiting.

I am confused about the charges and of course police and prosecutors won't explain at this point.

First Degree Murder Class 2 does not include premeditation, poisoning, abduction, lying in wait, or rape. It is not a capital offense. The sentence range is 5 to 40 years.

With all the evidence known to the public, there seems to be enough to prove at least one of those.

Will this trial explain what happened to her? All this waiting for what?

Well, well. I haven't been posting on WS in so long. Without Tapatalk it's very hard to navigate on my phone. But since I have heard the news I have wanted to post here. I'm so freaking glad this case didn't go cold. I KNEW that little lady wasn't a heroin addict. I knew that CREEP
did something BAD. I am going to follow every minute of itf this case. I hope AJ rests easier knowing this isn't getting away with anything.

I am a Chicago resident. Very disappointed in the state of Illinois dropping the ball back in 2005 w/ WH - if he had been prosecuted for the high-speed chase in Kankakee county (downstate Illinois, much more “country” than here in Chicago, somewhat near Joliet) who knows how this would have played out? Perhaps he’d still be incarcerated and wouldn’t have ever crossed paths with Anjelica’s mom.

I know hindsight is 20/20 but this was a dangerous, expensive chase with an armed career criminal and he got off for it.
(Article for the 2005 chase in IL)
Peaceful end to manhunt

I am confused about the charges and of course police and prosecutors won't explain at this point.

First Degree Murder Class 2 does not include premeditation, poisoning, abduction, lying in wait, or rape. It is not a capital offense. The sentence range is 5 to 40 years.

With all the evidence known to the public, there seems to be enough to prove at least one of those.

Will this trial explain what happened to her? All this waiting for what?

The code is confusing. He's charged with First Degree Murder as well as Second Degree Murder. Most likely he's charged with both so the jury will convict him one way or the other.

First degree murder does include premeditation, poisoning, abduction, lying in wait, rape and many other things. The code says:

Murder, other than capital murder, by poison, lying in wait, imprisonment, starving, or by any willful, deliberate, and premeditated killing, or in the commission of, or attempt to commit, arson, rape, forcible sodomy, inanimate or animate object sexual penetration, robbery, burglary or abduction, except as provided in § 18.2-31, is murder of the first degree, punishable as a Class 2 felony.
This means other than in cases where capital murder is charged, all of the listed circumstances make it first degree. It would be easier to understand if they placed "other than capital murder" in parenthesis to make that more clear.

It is indeed a class 2 felony, but the penalty is:

(b) For Class 2 felonies, imprisonment for life or for any term not less than 20 years and, subject to subdivision (g), a fine of not more than $100,000.
In layman's terms that is 20 years to life in prison for the first degree murder charge.

The second degree felony murder charge is punishable by 5 to 40 years in prison.

I think he'll die in prison.

The code is confusing. He's charged with First Degree Murder as well as Second Degree Murder. Most likely he's charged with both so the jury will convict him one way or the other.

First degree murder does include premeditation, poisoning, abduction, lying in wait, rape and many other things. The code says:

Murder, other than capital murder, by poison, lying in wait, imprisonment, starving, or by any willful, deliberate, and premeditated killing, or in the commission of, or attempt to commit, arson, rape, forcible sodomy, inanimate or animate object sexual penetration, robbery, burglary or abduction, except as provided in § 18.2-31, is murder of the first degree, punishable as a Class 2 felony.
This means other than in cases where capital murder is charged, all of the listed circumstances make it first degree. It would be easier to understand if they placed "other than capital murder" in parenthesis to make that more clear.

(b) For Class 2 felonies, imprisonment for life or for any term not less than 20 years and, subject to subdivision (g), a fine of not more than $100,000.
In layman's terms that is 20 years to life in prison for the first degree murder charge.

The second degree felony murder charge is punishable by 5 to 40 years in prison.

That's the way I read the article posted upthread - that the prosecutor is charging both first- and second- degree murder and the jury will decide which applies. Kind of what didn't happen in the CA case.

Oh man. I am stupid. Thank you so much for clarifying that. I see now.

I am a Chicago resident. Very disappointed in the state of Illinois dropping the ball back in 2005 w/ WH - if he had been prosecuted for the high-speed chase in Kankakee county (downstate Illinois, much more “country” than here in Chicago, somewhat near Joliet) who knows how this would have played out? Perhaps he’d still be incarcerated and wouldn’t have ever crossed paths with Anjelica’s mom.

I know hindsight is 20/20 but this was a dangerous, expensive chase with an armed career criminal and he got off for it.
(Article for the 2005 chase in IL)
Peaceful end to manhunt
And the initial investigation said he raped his wife multiple times and robbed multiple places and held her under threat of death for two weeks. He violated probation. He violated a protective order. No charges.
Best they could do is charge him for rape 11 years later. TOO LATE. The only thing that stuck was misdemeanor assault.
People need to understand how the system failed, ESPECIALLY the individuals who made these decisions.

(snipped for focus)

I feel the same way you do, Zach. I want a conviction in the case, but equally important to me is to know how and why this happened to AJ. I can never find closure until I know that.
Given how glibly WH lies I'll be surprised if we ever get the real story. I can't see him admitting anything, let alone confessing to what happened that day even though I suspect we've already put together a plausible series of events, partly based on his bizarre way of talking and partly on the evidence LE found.

It's hard not to conclude that WH is a psychopathic, pathological liar who lacks the ability to feel empathy towards others. Still, IMO he's given himself away in past statements no matter how he tried to muddy up the truth.

For me, the most haunting thing he said that I'll never forget was in an early interview when he was talking about the nonexistent meeting with AJ at the gas station. He said blah blah blah "... and that was the last time she saw me." It chilled me down to my bones and convinced me right then and there that he had harmed her.

Just so ya know, Mr. Hadsell is given access to email so that he can continue to manipulate. He professes his innocence yet his explanations for the evidence against him are childish and absurd. No doubt our criminal justice system will continue to fail. This fraud of a man played with the minds of everyone on the outside and will continue
Zach, thank you for being so unashamedly passionate about YOUR daughter, AnGELica.

Blessings, Sallye

Thank you very much Sallye. It's a sick twisted world we live in, but there is good too.

Given how glibly WH lies I'll be surprised if we ever get the real story. I can't see him admitting anything, let alone confessing to what happened that day even though I suspect we've already put together a plausible series of events, partly based on his bizarre way of talking and partly on the evidence LE found.

It's hard not to conclude that WH is a psychopathic, pathological liar who lacks the ability to feel empathy towards others. Still, IMO he's given himself away in past statements no matter how he tried to muddy up the truth.

For me, the most haunting thing he said that I'll never forget was in an early interview when he was talking about the nonexistent meeting with AJ at the gas station. He said blah blah blah "... and that was the last time she saw me." It chilled me down to my bones and convinced me right then and there that he had harmed her.

Mr. Hadsell emailed me from prison yesterday. I asked him why he killed Anjelica. He professed his innocence and turned around saying I am far from being a father to my daughters and that I am just looking for someone to blame. Well I sent him a message back that is well beyond what I can publish here. Needless to say the little pussy blocked me. How crazy do you have to be to get blocked by a manipulative, lying, murdering, perverted psychopath?? And I know his mommy will be checking on here. Shame on you woman for standing by this killer's side. Show me ONE thing that says he's not guilty. Give me JUST ONE reasonable explanation and I'll recant every bad thing I said about that lying puke.

I know Hadsell will be reaching out to anybody he can to keep spinning his web. He will play the victim and will do it eloquently. He will try to get allies who will do his dirty work for him. He is constantly thinking of ways to destroy. He is persistent and patient, like his master Satan. I have been dealing with his twisted version of reality since 2010, when he and his family came crashing into my family like a wrecking ball.

He is proficient at building systems (HVAC, plumbing, etc) and proficient at manipulating even the very people who know he is dangerous, especially authority figures. Right now the federal prison system is running a skeleton crew because of gov't shut down. Mr. Hadsell is a great candidate for escape and when he does, he will hit me in my weakest places. Because he's too much of a worm to fight like a man.

Why is the BOP allowing this snake to use email all day and night? I will be in extensive contact with prison officials and BOP special investigations about this and making sure they are aware of his flight risk and history of manipulation. If he or his mother pose one tiny problem to me or my family, I will find the right people in his prison that will make his life difficult.

Mr. Hadsell. I made you a promise in 2010. I stared you right in your dead eyes and told you not to mess with my family or you would pay. I will keep that promise and if there is one word that you or anyone you talk to pose a further threat to me or my family, then I will respond. Don't test me.

You played your little game. Now reap the rewards from it and sit down and shut up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson