CA - Chris Burrous death, KTLA5 weekend anchor, Dec 2018

This one seems a bit fishy to me... I keep on thinking that this is possibly a murder, not just a case of secret life gone awry...

Drugged up gay highjinks gone wrong?
I feel sad for his wife. Reminds me of the David Messerschmitt case, in a way.
I can't imagine having the world knowing my husband died in a motel room with another man at 1 in the afternoon.

I asked a friend that worked with him what his opinion was.
He says when they worked together there was no indication of drug use. After my friend retired and kept in touch with Chris, he suspected a drug problem. Probably an overdose with a fellow friend/user.
Chris's whole world was his family.

He says when they worked together there was no indication of drug use. After my friend retired and kept in touch with Chris, he suspected a drug problem. Probably an overdose with a fellow friend/user.
fentanyl killed Prince before he could make it out of his elevator so if he thought he was getting oxy's like Prince did then this very well could be the same deal. I just hate this for his daughter. I am so sorry and then I am angry at this war on drugs that if one hurts and needs pain meds they cannot count on their doctors anymore and have to turn to the streets where the drug cartels are whipping this fentanyl left and right. I read the Mexican drug cartels paid a Chinese scientist 50K to make them oxy and the guy couldn't do it but he could make fentanyl fast and cheaply so that is why it has flooded the black market. Im for making all drugs legal and cheap for sale at your doctor's office not the streets

KTLA on Twitter
Dve20KTVYAAKQX_.jpg

Chris Burrous, Los Angeles news anchor, dies after being found in hotel room
"The death is under investigation. The Los Angeles County Coroner's Office has yet to issue a report on the cause of death.

Burrous joined Los Angeles station in 2011 after 14 years as a reporter and anchor across the country, KTLA reported. He helped extend the morning news show to seven days -- serving as weekend anchor and handling breaking news during the week.

"Our thoughts and prayers go out to the Burrous family," KTLA President and General Manager Don Corsini and News Director Jason Ball said in a joint statement."

Last edited:
fentanyl killed Prince before he could make it out of his elevator so if he thought he was getting oxy's like Prince did then this very well could be the same deal. I just hate this for his daughter. I am so sorry and then I am angry at this war on drugs that if one hurts and needs pain meds they cannot count on their doctors anymore and have to turn to the streets where the drug cartels are whipping this fentanyl left and right. I read the Mexican drug cartels paid a Chinese scientist 50K to make them oxy and the guy couldn't do it but he could make fentanyl fast and cheaply so that is why it has flooded the black market. Im for making all drugs legal and cheap for sale at your doctor's office not the streets

Sad case. Sad to see his personal choices to do Meth caused this.

This has nothing to do with Drs. Its him choosing to do drugs that has now left his family fatherless.

Drugged up gay highjinks gone wrong?
I feel sad for his wife. Reminds me of the David Messerschmitt case, in a way.
I can't imagine having the world knowing my husband died in a motel room with another man at 1 in the afternoon.
Yep, that is not a good way to go, in a motel from meth overdose during a sexual encounter with a male companion. And the whole world knowing about it. I guess the only thing that surprises me is that the man he was with (that he reportedly met through grindr) actually called 911 rather than running off.

Last edited:
I agree. Drugs should be legalized.
Whatever Chris Burrous' vice was, it may or may have not killed him. I have a nagging feeling that there is more to this story than just an OD.
Per coroner report, it (meth) did kill him. I fail to see how drugs like meth becoming legal would make them less deadly.

He died from meth overdose during a sexual encounter. That kind of makes me doubt his whole world was his family.
"The coroner’s report said Burrous overdosed during a sexual encounter at a Days Inn."""
Ex-Good Day Sacramento anchor died of overdose during sexual encounter, coroner says

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back