Australia Australia - Lynette Dawson, 34, Sydney, Jan 1982 *Arrest* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Marilyn simply submissive or is she frightened of her husband? both?
standing by your man is one thing, being nationally humiliated by him and his sexual conquests....including his sister in law threesome with his brother. nicee!
protecting a BIL that deep down you don't approve.

big price Marilyn has paid for 'fighting for her man" (her words referring to lyn joanne and chris situation.) keeping the façade up would be getting harder and harder.

imo

I guess when she and Paul moved to the Gold Coast, Marilyn thought she could forget about Lynette Dawson's disappearance - until the inquests at least when she, Paul and Chris failed to appear and hoped it would go away with Peter's representation.

Marilyn's own "fighting for her man" method included ignoring Paul's infidelity when it was revealed publicly that the brothers had threesomes with young female students at local Sydney schools. This gives one the impression that she was at least in favour of it or even could have joined in. Otherwise, this would have been enough for most women to want a divorce.

she isn't ' 'woke', yet. A lifetime habituated to being agreeable and compliant doesn't leave a lot of room for discretionary judgement.

I am convinced that Marilyn was an eager accomplice, setting off to Mona Vale to 'hang paper' in Lynn's name after she was dead, or , as Marilyn would have it, 'left'... gimme a break , Marilyn.

It sounds to me as if Marilyn Dawson could have been a "stay at home mother and wife". Even though she may have been disgusted hearing about Chris having Joanne sitting on his knee in front of Lynette and his later moving her in and marrying her, Marilyn has been so co-dependent with the Dawson twins that she has forgotten about what is right and what is wrong.

It sounds to me as if Marilyn Dawson could have been a "stay at home mother and wife". Even though she may have been disgusted hearing about Chris having Joanne sitting on his knee in front of Lynette and his later moving her in and marrying her, Marilyn has been so co-dependent with the Dawson twins that she has forgotten about what is right and what is wrong.
Marilyn did have part-time work at stages. When she was interviewed in 1999, she said her position was a part-time Teacher A at Coombabah State High School.
Question 4 in the document below.
https://theaustralianatnewscorpau.f...8/marilyn-dawson-police-1999-compressed-1.pdf

I've just finished the 9th podcast. How convenient that the police files were lost. :rolleyes: But that was some divine intervention, was it not, that Lyn's friend Sue complained to the Ombudsman about the lack of a proper investigation and as a result Chris's letter or missing person's report containing his lies resurfaced.

I've just finished the 9th podcast. How convenient that the police files were lost. :rolleyes: But that was some divine intervention, was it not, that Lyn's friend Sue complained to the Ombudsman about the lack of a proper investigation and as a result Chris's letter or missing person's report containing his lies resurfaced.
sue is a champion! :)
also she was instrumental in Damien loone reinvestigating and ultimately it heading to an inquest in 2001.

Though tragic, the story of Lyn's disappearence is fascinating enough to have litterally gripped the world. Yet the irony is we know so little of what actually happened.

We have a window of time for Lyn's disappearence occuring and we have a growing collection of circumstantial evidence pointing at Chris Dawson.

We all have our theories. But we don't know how Chris killed Lyn. How he disposed of her body, and where. Nor do we know who assisted and how.

From Marilyn’s police interview in 1999, her response to question 245 mentions that Chris’ father was on the phone a lot to Chris and Lyn offering support for their marrital problems.

I wonder if Paul wasn’t around and Chris had found himself in a serious situation that he hadn’t preempted, would his father be his next lifeline? I’ve not been able to find any record of him being interviewed by police at any point in time.

https://theaustralianatnewscorpau.f...8/marilyn-dawson-police-1999-compressed-1.pdf

Somehow I don't trust Marilyn Dawson. I think she mentioned the father to make it sound as if he would know something (but he was probably dead so safe to mention) and to get the police off Paul's back.

I thought Marilyn was inconsistent and trying to sound vague in that interview which briefly mentioned

1. The insurance policy - possible forgery

2. The bank card use

3. The exact dates they spent in Munmorah camping in borrowed van

Somehow I don't trust Marilyn Dawson. I think she mentioned the father to make it sound as if he would know something (but he was probably dead so safe to mention) and to get the police off Paul's back.

I thought Marilyn was inconsistent and trying to sound vague in that interview which briefly mentioned

1. The insurance policy - possible forgery

2. The bank card use

3. The exact dates they spent in Munmorah camping in borrowed van
shady...….at best. :confused:

in it up to their eyeballs likely (after the fact imo) o_O

moo

Marilyn’s police interview to me is telling of her character.

She will defend her husband to the hilt (regardless of his extra-marital affairs as she faught for him and made him see the light :rolleyes:).

She wont outright lie to police but will fein forgetfulness.

She doesn’t do well under pressure (good to know)

She did ‘seem’ to show empathy for Lyn’s mum and girls

IMO I can’t see Marilyn having any part in Lyn’s murder. However if Paul or Chris asked for her assistance in anything after the fact I believe she would have been a willing participant however I think she would have done so with her head in the sand. The boys didn’t tell her explicitly what had occurred and she didn’t dare ask. Just played the loyal wife role. Good job wifey :cool:

Is Marilyn a Stepford wife? Perhaps Sue Dawson is also a Stepford wife as she has survived up to 30 years with Chris Dawson.

The definition of stepford is a term used to refer to someone that is so obedient and perfect that he or she seems almost like a robot. A woman who is extremely subservient to her husband and who meets his every need in an overly-perfect manner is an example of a Stepford wife.

Is Marilyn a Stepford wife? Perhaps Sue Dawson is also a Stepford wife as she has survived up to 30 years with Chris Dawson.

The definition of stepford is a term used to refer to someone that is so obedient and perfect that he or she seems almost like a robot. A woman who is extremely subservient to her husband and who meets his every need in an overly-perfect manner is an example of a Stepford wife.

You may well be on to something there. Particularly in the case of Marilyn. But Sue remains a bit more mysterious.

yes sounds MD to a T!:rolleyes:
don't get that vibe however with SD.

she had a marriage and children under her belt before taking up with CD.
she also has had a successful independent career until retiring recently I believe.
SD has also successfully unjoined the conjoined twins by first taking CD right up the Capricorn coast and then still now a few hours away at the sunshine coast.

up until she came on the scene paul and chris lived in the same street more or less.
so don't think she fits the previous desired stepford wife mould but she publically hasn't given us anything to work with.
we don't even know if she supports CD or its just a front.
him being picked up living at the goldy in the granny flat of one of the kids makes me suspicious all isn't well at the sunshine coast abode.

moo

yes sounds MD to a T!:rolleyes:
don't get that vibe however with SD.

she had a marriage and children under her belt before taking up with CD.
she also has had a successful independent career until retiring recently I believe.
SD has also successfully unjoined the conjoined twins by first taking CD right up the Capricorn coast and then still now a few hours away at the sunshine coast.

up until she came on the scene paul and chris lived in the same street more or less.
so don't think she fits the previous desired stepford wife mould but she publically hasn't given us anything to work with.
we don't even know if she supports CD or its just a front.
him being picked up living at the goldy in the granny flat of one of the kids makes me suspicious all isn't well at the sunshine coast abode.

moo

I agree with you about the perception we have of SD from the little we know about her. However, the reality could be a lot different. Can a leopard like CD change his spots after two abusive marriages?

When SD first of all met SD, she would not have known anything about the disappearance of CD's first wife so like all the others, possibly fell in love with his looks. They had some things in common - both being teachers and parents - he with 2 girls and she with a boy and a girl. One subject that might have bonded them at first was "twins" as hers were un-identical and he and his brother were identical. As single parents, they both needed support which they could give to each other.

I am sure that CD did not disclose his background in a negative way so SD was able to fall in love with his positive side. I wonder how long it took him to mention Lyn to SD? If SD and CD met in 1990, it could have taken CD about 10 years to mention the police's suspicions about CD's possible part in LD's disappearance to SD and that might have only been because of the inquests where CD would have brainwashed his family to believe that it was just a "witch hunt".

SD probably believed that Lyn had contacted CD and assumed she was still alive. But surely by the time of the inquests in 2001 and 2003, SD would have come up to speed with police suspicions about CD. However, I guess SD is sticking by her man until he is proven guilty or not guilty by a court of law and perhaps also due to the financial ramifications.

It has been mentioned that Chris needed Joanne to move in in Jan 92 as he needed someone to look after the girls before returning to school.

(Paul Dawson police interview in 1999)

When Joanne was studying, Marilyn was asked to watch Sherryn, as Shanelle had started school.

It seems Marilyn was the first port of call for babysitting duties so who watched the girls on 8/1/92 when Chris and Lyn went to the counseling session? We know they were alone in the lift on the way up as was reported by Lyn’s workmates and we know she went into work later that day.

If it could be clarified who was looking after the girls that day and the answer wasn’t Marilyn, I would be more inclined to believe Paul and Marilyn’s account of their being away at the time.

Mind you Paul states they were in a camper van but Marilyn says it was a caravan. Hmmm and the relative that lent it to them isn’t named. Hmmm

https://theaustralianatnewscorpau.f...e-curtis-police-interview-1998-compressed.pdf

It has been mentioned that Chris needed Joanne to move in in Jan 92 as he needed someone to look after the girls before returning to school.

When Joanne was studying, Marilyn was asked to watch Sherryn, as Shanelle had started school.

It seems Marilyn was the first port of call for babysitting duties so who watched the girls on 8/1/92 when Chris and Lyn went to the counseling session? We know they were alone in the lift on the way up as was reported by Lyn’s workmates and we know she went into work later that day.

If it could be clarified who was looking after the girls that day and the answer wasn’t Marilyn, I would be more inclined to believe Paul and Marilyn’s account of their being away at the time.

Mind you Paul states they were in a camper van but Marilyn says it was a caravan. Hmmm and the relative that lent it to them isn’t named. Hmmm

https://theaustralianatnewscorpau.f...e-curtis-police-interview-1998-compressed.pdf

It came across like the police had just invited Paul and Marilyn in for a coffee and a friendly chat. Never mind requesting them to flesh out the details. She'll be right mate.

Some good comments here but I think the date should be 1982.

Yes the details, dates and verification of their supposed holiday are virtually non-existent and very convenient for Marilyn and Paul.

The question, "Who minded the girls while Lyn and Chris went to counselling" needs to be asked.

Will the police be able to interview Paul and Marilyn again before the trial or will they leave it to the Prosecution to cross-examine them now?

It came across like the police had just invited Paul and Marilyn in for a coffee and a friendly chat. Never mind requesting them to flesh out the details. She'll be right mate.

I have not found the police interview of Paul (only of Marilyn). Can anyone please give me a link to it?

Coffee and a friendly chat! Were the police worried about the Dawson twins' connections with the police and the fact that their brother, Peter, was a solicitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member