CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #20 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think like a lot of self-employment type of professions - it REALLY depends on the person.

A lot of farriers will travel to certain areas on certain days - for example - most of the week stay in 30 mile range of their home base, but then pick specific days where they will drive an hour or more out to see regular clients that all live in another area. If a large group at a barn or neighborhood uses one farrier (not uncommon), that could be 10+ horses all in close proximity, which would be worth a longer drive. My farrier does overnights to a few areas a few times month, but that’s definitely not something all will do.

I think a lot of their business is word of mouth, but a lot promote themselves on local FB pages (or current clients will tag/ promote them when someone asks for a referral).

MOO / based on personal experience... I’m sure there is a LOT of variation (just as there are a lot of people that are “farriers/ trainers/ ranchers” but don’t really make a lot of income via these routes)

Thanks for your reply and sharing your perspective on this.

Reading your first sentence triggered an awful idea. What if PF sent someone to stage a robbery, and that vile person raped KB during the crime? Maybe PF figured that out, and they had to go back and clear up the staged scene and dispose of the remains?
nooooo, I just cannot think about more vileness :(

I think LE found the phone in ID. Remember the one news outlet in ID that reported her phone was found but other outlets were unable to corroborate? Add that to the DA's statement (during court proceedings?) about having to ask other LE agencies to remain silent about developments in the case...

And I really like this judge. She seems extremely knowledgeable and well versed and appears to rule based on law and integrity, without bias. I was disappointed to hear her mention another judge would be getting the case sometime in January. Her comment about working with both side's schedules and making herself available was impressive and stood out to me.
(All of my opinions are based on things I heard during the court session today. Not saying I heard everything correctly though.)
JMO, MOO, etc

Certain districts don't have the skilled expertise of the FBI either.. At some point the WPPD said, call the CBI.. Now, I know the CBI and FBI are tied together, but in the press conference they note that EACH individual branch has offered expertise and skills to the development to the case.. I can find that PC if I need to, Mods. So my question lies on, at what point did the WPPD say, "oh boy, lets call in the 'big guys'" because they decided it was beyond their skill set...
IIRC, The CBI brought in the FBI.
MOO

Surely LE would not play games with legal documents and charges. They don’t have to settle on one theory, look at how many cases have options for the juries to determine level of murders etc...and before trial, they may well narrow things down, it is very early. Her body may be found, which could offer more evidence etc...jmo
I’ve followed many cases where the motive is speculative at best.

Juries like to know the “why,” we all do.

That’s not to say they won’t find the reason here, but if they don’t, they don’t.

As long as they can prove a murder occurred and PF committed it, then PF will be spending the rest of his days where he belongs.

Behind bars.

But....if she were killed during a home robbery, wouldn't her body be in the home?

Very strange....we're still missing some key info, imo.

jmo

Yes, she would have been left in the home. Unless something happened that would leave forensics behind. What if one of the accomplices raped her? And then they realized they had to take her, and they decided to make it look like she went away voluntarily instead?

I do think that someone else was involved in regards to the whole cell phone situation, but I don’t think there is another killer out there, walking free.

It’s not easy to find someone willing to kill for you, and I think he decided to alter his plan, ultimately doing it himself.

MG, do you think someone else drove to ID with her phone or do you think it was PF himself? Also, I'm interested to get your thoughts on the 1st degree charge that talks about murder during the commission of a robbery...what are your theories about that? I've always thought that money was one of the root motives for KB's murder, but I imagined it to be more related to child support payments or life insurance payouts vs. robbery.

PF just doesn't come across to me as a "hoaxy" type guy....cold, detached and flying as far under the radar as humanly possible. JMO

Lol. Not for one sec’ do I believe he trashed any items related to K’s disappearance. He knew he was being watched, moo
I think he found it funny that LE had to rummage thru garbage & bet he watched the video on his phone multiple times.
IMO, a complete set up. Especially bringing friends with him.
If he needed to dispose of trash, it’d leave town in a trailer.

JMO

Last edited:
LE did state that it is a MULTIPLE state investigation. Besides Idaho and Colorado, would Utah be the other state?
I haven't seen his LE brother making statements or even there to support the mother. If I were that brother, I would be so horrified and disgusted by him. Most siblings that have a deadbeat sibling that mooches off the elderly parents are pretty annoyed by that one sibling.

I’m out for a day and I have so much to catch up on! Wanted to throw out an alternative theory. What is SF is innocent on all this, simply taken in for questioning then released. Her involvement has certainly been a target of suspicion, but what if she is as appalled at her son’s actions and choices as we are? Thoughts?
Personally, I don't feel she had anything to do with KB's murder. In my theories she is just an enabler. At this point, I figure she feels he's been falsely accused. Enablers will always make excuses for the one they are enabling. With respect to actual evidence, she probably knows as much as we do or less. Although, I do wonder if she couldn't provide some info on PF's whereabouts from Nov 22nd to the 25th, did she watch the baby while PF went out for hours or days? What plans did they have for Thanksgiving, if any. Did she know what PF's plans where that day? Why was he picking up baby K when it was KB's day off? What did she know about the status of PF's relationship with KB? So many questions she could answer. Would LE have questioned her by now?

Surely LE would not play games with legal documents and charges. They don’t have to settle on one theory, look at how many cases have options for the juries to determine level of murders etc...and before trial, they may well narrow things down, it is very early. Her body may be found, which could offer more evidence etc...jmo

I think she will be found, do you?
Possibly, that’s why there’s no one else charged. Charges will come after, maybe? If someone helped (by disposing of K) they may not be exactly sure where she is, if it’s a remote area & unknown territory for him. Jmo
We see time & time again where an inmate even is brought from jail to pinpoint a burial site.

MG, do you think someone else drove to ID with her phone or do you think it was PF himself? Also, I'm interested to get your thoughts on the 1st degree charge that talks about murder during the commission of a robbery...what are your theories about that? I've always thought that money was one of the root motives for KB's murder, but I imagined it to be more related to child support payments or life insurance payouts vs. robbery.
I strongly believe that someone else brought that phone to Idaho, but I wouldn’t be shocked if he did it himself.

There is nothing that excludes him from being able to do that, especially with the nature of his job. He could travel to Idaho, and not be missed, especially if he left the baby in the care of his mommy.

I don’t have a good theory as to the robbery charge, as I haven’t heard anything that gives insight as to that possibility.

I’m open to the idea of a financial motivation, but I still think this has to do with child custody.

IIRC, The CBI brought in the FBI.
MOO
VERY VERY well could have.. CBI didn't have the 'skill set' needed thus requiring the FBI... AGAIN, this leads me to my original question.....WHEN does the Federal Bureau of Investigation get called into a case? I simply do not have that answer, only that it is needed local district team to assist.. Its soo confusing! As I stated earlier, there is different skill sets per departments or companies (CBI vs FBI vs WPPD) so maybe they found evidence that requires the more extreme skill set be involved?? I am hoping anyway, but as usual this is just MOO. ALSO.... WHEN does a missing person case get the needed attention of the FBI? is it when it reaches National attention?

I think like a lot of self-employment type of professions - it REALLY depends on the person.

A lot of farriers will travel to certain areas on certain days - for example - most of the week stay in 30 mile range of their home base, but then pick specific days where they will drive an hour or more out to see regular clients that all live in another area. If a large group at a barn or neighborhood uses one farrier (not uncommon), that could be 10+ horses all in close proximity, which would be worth a longer drive. My farrier does overnights to a few areas a few times month, but that’s definitely not something all will do.

I think a lot of their business is word of mouth, but a lot promote themselves on local FB pages (or current clients will tag/ promote them when someone asks for a referral).

MOO / based on personal experience... I’m sure there is a LOT of variation (just as there are a lot of people that are “farriers/ trainers/ ranchers” but don’t really make a lot of income via these routes)

Similar experience. I mentioned a couple threads ago our farrier was out to do over 30 horses at 1 barn. He charges $160 for full shoes ea. I'm in a more expensive part of Colorado, but that's the going rate in my part. Our farrier does his schedule 6 months out at 6 weeks apart. Obviously he comes back in between if there's an urgent need.

I also mentioned there are several show barn's in the the general Springs/Florissant/Larkspur area. I have NO idea if he does any work for them, but the numbers are there.

And finally our farrier is about 40 minutes away. He makes a solid living. Not a millionaire by any means, but the living he wants (he being my farrier, no clue about PF).

All MOO and my experience.

Certain districts don't have the skilled expertise of the FBI either.. At some point the WPPD said, call the CBI.. Now, I know the CBI and FBI are tied together, but in the press conference they note that EACH individual branch has offered expertise and skills to the development to the case.. I can find that PC if I need to, Mods. So my question lies on, at what point did the WPPD say, "oh boy, lets call in the 'big guys'" because they decided it was beyond their skill set...
......hmm, was it the phone pinging in Idaho, maybe? I’d have to go thru ea press release to see if FBI is mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname