CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #20 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many have searched online for records of arrest for solicitation in both Idaho and in Colorado. Nothing has been found. So an assumption is that somebody turn him in, and not arrested.

Am I missing something?
He could have solicited someone, but the person never accepted the "job". If that's the case, that person could go to LE and tell them that Frazee attempted to solicit them for murder and not be charged with anything. So there would be no arrest for solicitation for the person solicited if they didn't accept the job.

Robbery - Colorado 18-4-301 C.R.S. Section 18-4-301 (1) of the Colorado Revised Statutes (C.R.S.) ... A person who knowingly takes anything of value from the person or presence of another by the use of force, threats, or intimidation commits robbery. Force or fear is the main element of the offense of robbery.
Colorado "robbery" laws (explained by defense lawyers)

The charge is that she was murdered during a robbery. The only things that are missing are Kelsey, her purse, and her phone (per her brother). This robbery charge seems like a back-up plan. If the first degree murder charged doesn't stick, but it can be proven that he moved her phone, then this charge covers death during the theft of the phone.

upload_2018-12-31_21-14-12.png

Someone else posted this earlier today :

DvweEL_UwAEd62e.jpg

Many have searched online for records of arrest for solicitation in both Idaho and in Colorado. Nothing has been found. So an assumption is that somebody turn him in, and not arrested.

Am I missing something?

Not missing anything. But yes, the assumption is that someone is talking. I’d say it’s more than an assumption, considering the DA saying they can’t release the arrest affidavit because it would put the witnesses in serious physical danger. To me, that makes me think the danger to the witness is likely by the hands of someone who knows the witness.

Reading through to catch up and a possible motive came to me. I have a hard time thinking that KB had any inkling the level of hate PF had for her. Until I heard about the solicitation of murder charges, I don’t think any of is fully grasped the level of hate. If she knew something illegal or secret about him, she seems close enough to her mom to say something and strong enough to get out of dodge. And I don’t get the feeling she was planning on moving after just buying a property. It’s really bothered me of what could have possibly transpired to cause this hate.

All the talk about SF’s strong feelings for baby K got me thinking. What if KB requested that baby K not be watched by SF anymore. We’ve all seen her limp and keeping up with a mobile baby is not easy for even non-disabled people. September would be getting pretty close to baby Ks first birthday. She no doubt would be walking or getting pretty close to it. Even crawling babies get super fast and turning your back for a second can result in them getting into a lot of trouble. I could see KB voicing concern around this time about whether it was time for a more formal day care and whether SF is up for caring for baby K. I think this could send PF into a rage.

The charge is that she was murdered during a robbery. The only things that are missing are Kelsey, her purse, and her phone (per her brother). This robbery charge seems like a back-up plan. If the first degree murder charged doesn't stick, but it can be proven that he moved her phone, then this charge covers death during the theft of the phone.

View attachment 162224

Someone else posted this earlier today :

DvweEL_UwAEd62e.jpg

I agree about the back up plan, but it seems that for felony murder to be the charge, he went there to rob her of something, with no intention of killing her, but she was killed in the process, which doesn't make much sense IMO This really does sound like a premeditated murder, considering the solicitation charges. I find this so odd that they have charged him with both 1st degree murder charges! JMO

@MassGuy I am certain professional hit men are not on the corner handing out their business cards. IMO A true professional would not be easy to procure.
And, a professional hit man would likely not get caught because he's professional :) Case in point: Barry & Honey Sherman murders. It's been over a year and neither LE nor high priced private investigators seem to have a clue who did it. I don't know either but I have two theories on why.

Reading through to catch up and a possible motive came to me. I have a hard time thinking that KB had any inkling the level of hate PF had for her. Until I heard about the solicitation of murder charges, I don’t think any of is fully grasped the level of hate. If she knew something illegal or secret about him, she seems close enough to her mom to say something and strong enough to get out of dodge. And I don’t get the feeling she was planning on moving after just buying a property. It’s really bothered me of what could have possibly transpired to cause this hate.

All the talk about SF’s strong feelings for baby K got me thinking. What if KB requested that baby K not be watched by SF anymore. We’ve all seen her limp and keeping up with a mobile baby is not easy for even non-disabled people. September would be getting pretty close to baby Ks first birthday. She no doubt would be walking or getting pretty close to it. Even crawling babies get super fast and turning your back for a second can result in them getting into a lot of trouble. I could see KB voicing concern around this time about whether it was time for a more formal day care and whether SF is up for caring for baby K. I think this could send PF into a rage.

That is exactly what I was thinking a few days ago. People with a first child, or without children, think of caring for a baby as something that has long stages of development, but with infants everything changes every week. I could easily see Kelsey making a point that it was time for their daughter to be socializing with peers and having day to day care that was more about her development than the convenience of adults. I can easily see that this could lead to conflict.

Along those lines @CMo3...

PF would have begun thinking about something before 9/1, months before, IMO.

KB moved to the townhouse in May of this year, correct?

She would have had a year-round job at Doss I'm assuming. She may have taken maternity leave, returning to work in January 2018 (baby is born in October 2017).

PF's job(s) were seasonal? Maybe busier in warmer months?

How would they have exchanged the baby? Florissant is 40 min round trip, out of the way from her route to Doss. There must have been a routine. He picks up the baby to take to his mother? From May 2018, on.

What could have given him the idea, in those months, to set her up, take something from her, kill her? IMO his wheels had to have been turning for weeks before 9/1. What got him 'thinking'??

This is what I'm trying to figure out, as well as what the heck "BBM" stands for...

PF is a narcissist. There are many varieties. Yes, he needed to hurt her. Likely because she began to see through his lies and realized the relationship was going nowhere fast. He was dragging his feet on making a solid commitment to KB. She was maintaining the status quo until she could figure things out. Narcs lie, a lot. When the relationship is "fresh" they "love bomb" you. Hard to resist. You put them on a pedestal which is their "supply", in essence YOUR love is their supply. Your love is their life blood. They are vampires. Truly. They will suck the life right out of you even if they don't kill you. Kelsey "woke up" and realized her knight in shining armour was a fraud. This process takes a while, and when PF began to feel she was going off him, or perhaps even told him she'd had enough, she wanted more from the relationship, that's when it all went south. A narc needs supply and she wasn't interested in enabling him like his momma. She's a self made woman. A pilot with her commercial licence, no less. No small feat. When a narc feels rejected that's when things get really ugly. I think PF is the brooding type, more than the fly of the handle narc, but both can be equally as dangerous. He needed someone to put him back on a pedestal. Maybe he found his next victim at a rodeo in Idaho, stud that he thinks he is. Starts love bombing her and there he is, back on someone's pedestal getting his "supply", full of hate and resentment for the one who "found him out." And then there's control and that's where baby K comes in and the motive to take KB out of the picture.

Like you, my heart aches for little K because no matter how wonderful her life will be with her her mother's family, she has to grow up knowing her father did this heinous act to someone she needed.
NAILED IT. Couldn’t agree more.

Not every murderer or sociopath is from an enabling family. I prefer to wait and see what role, if any, his family played in his being the way he seemingly is, much less in any crimes. I don’t like reading a lot of posts that seem to assume his mother is this or that, etc...for all we know, she is a grandmother missing her little grandchild and nothing more. Unless I missed something. And she has to contend to with her son being charged with hideous crimes.

Anyway...Jmo and all that...

She would have had a year-round job at Doss I'm assuming. She may have taken maternity leave, returning to work in January 2018 (baby is born in October 2017).

How would they have exchanged the baby? Florissant is 40 min round trip, out of the way from her route to Doss. There must have been a routine. He picks up the baby to take to his mother? From May 2018, on.

What could have given him the idea, in those months, to set her up, take something from her, kill her? IMO his wheels had to have been turning for weeks before 9/1. What got him 'thinking'??

This is what I'm trying to figure out, as well as what the heck "BBM" stands for...

BBM is “bolded by me”. When part of a post is in bold...

i think LE has three verifiable instances of PF soliciting for murder. this does not mean that he actually had anyone else take part in the crime. only thing that is needed is that PF at some point, according to the individual involved, said something to the effect that PF needed some type of assistance in ending KB's existence. could be PF contacted 3 people once or 1 person 3 times about assisting. if i had to guess it would be PF had discussion with 1 person on 3 occasions and that person notified LE. further, i doubt that person had any actual part in KB murder. otherwise, i can not see them going to LE and if they had they would be under arrest at this time.

But then why send texts to PF and DOSS when you find it??

I have been wondering if the texts were composed in airplane mode and then the phone was either stolen, discarded, otherwise planted, etc.

Whomever wound up with the phone, through whatever methods, may have innocently turned on, powered it up, etc the phone to find out who it belonged to with the intention of returning it. They may even had to find a charger if it was dead.

That person could have easily powered the phone up (or switched off airplane mode) without even being aware that those two texts were being sent from the phone at that time.

So, the phone pinging in ID could be a result of nefarious deeds or the result of a Good Samaritan. I think there are so many possibilities out there that I’m expecting we will need to wait until we hear more in court on Jan 29 or when the arrest warrant can be disclosed to the public

MOO

I agree about the back up plan, but it seems that for felony murder to be the charge, he went there to rob her of something, with no intention of killing her, but she was killed in the process, which doesn't make much sense IMO This really does sound like a premeditated murder, considering the solicitation charges. I find this so odd that they have charged him with both 1st degree murder charges! JMO

I think it can be argued that he (and/or an accomplice) was there to steal the phone to stage that she traveled to visit her mom, that they didn't intend to murder her, only to get her out of the way for a while and she was accidentally murdered. Murder during the commission of robbery seems to be a 1st degree charge in Colorado.

The charges seem to be that he, or they, went to her house to murder her (one charge), or they went there to steal something and accidentally murdered her (another charge). Both charges are first degree. It seems no different than charging with 1st degree and 2nd degree - give the jury options.

I have been wondering if the texts were composed in airplane mode and then the phone was either stolen, discarded, otherwise planted, etc.

Whomever wound up with the phone, through whatever methods, may have innocently turned on, powered it up, etc the phone to find out who it belonged to with the intention of returning it. They may even had to find a charger if it was dead.

That person could have easily powered the phone up (or switched off airplane mode) without even being aware that those two texts were being sent from the phone at that time.

So, the phone pinging in ID could be a result of nefarious deeds or the result of a Good Samaritan. I think there are so many possibilities out there that I’m expecting we will need to wait until we hear more in court on Jan 29 or when the arrest warrant can be disclosed to the public

MOO
Or you know, the easy expiation... somebody took the phone to Idaho and sent the texts?

BBM stands for bolded by me RSBBM respectfully snipped bolded by me, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie