CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #22 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Twin Falls Police will send "sensitive" evidence to Colorado in connection to missing woman | East Idaho News
Police in Twin Falls have been trying to return to Colorado evidence of a sensitive nature that was discovered in December, after the FBI asked them to assist in the murder investigation, they said Thursday.

Police would not discuss the evidence further and said they’re working with Colorado investigators to determine whether the items should be sent by mail or courier.

Jesus, Joseph and Mary! Just send someone up to get the thing already!

Have any of you ever read such? Why is it still in Idaho?? This is the most bizarre investigation and I can't even believe that LE would disclose this, makes them seem inadequate and inexperienced. Now they have opened the seed of doubt that the evidence may not be handled appropriately. Has to be more inaccurate reporting. IMO

I have been thinking about the timing of the PF’s first solicitation; which was in September. Does anyone think PF heard about the CW case (which occurred in August) and that is what triggered his plan to murder KB? Maybe PF heard about CW killing his wife/kids and thought “hmmmm.....that sounds like a great idea. I won’t kill the baby, but my life would be easier if KB was gone.” That is when PF started his planning/soliciting and it took him a few months to learn from all CW’s mistakes. This is obviously all just speculation on my part, but the timing of CW (August) and the timing of the first solicitation (September) just seems real coincidental to me. I would be real interested to see if LE find any digital evidence of PF sleuthing CW. IMO
It’s possible, but I doubt it.

This was personal, and I think that there was likely something specific that triggered it.

I think the timing was based on something that was going on at the time, something between both he and Kelsey.

It’s entirely possible that he wasn’t really aware of the case, as there are plenty of people out there that pay no attention to current events, as hard as it may be for some of us to imagine.

It would be ironic though.

“I’m going to kill my significant other because I just saw that some other guy got arrested for killing his.”

That didn’t work out well for Chris Watts, and I see more of the same coming here.

Twin Falls Police will send "sensitive" evidence to Colorado in connection to missing woman | East Idaho News
Police in Twin Falls have been trying to return to Colorado evidence of a sensitive nature that was discovered in December, after the FBI asked them to assist in the murder investigation, they said Thursday.

Police would not discuss the evidence further and said they’re working with Colorado investigators to determine whether the items should be sent by mail or courier.
WTHeck?! A LE courier! Please!

Total speculation, but I think the texts were manually typed and sent by the person in Idaho, rather than scheduled to be sent at a specified time. Even if was not trying to cover up a murder and just needed to send a very, very important message to my boss, I would be completely freaked out about scheduling it and then not having the phone in my possession to see if it sent. Or most important, not being able to see what the response to my text said. Obviously PF would be getting the message to himself to know if it worked. But if it didn't send for some reason, then would he do? Jmo, but I think a person was texting from Kelsey's phone. I also think that person scanned what other messages were received and maybe the knowledge gained from reading those texts helped ward off any growing concern about where Kelsey may be. Where damage control or deflection to any worried friends or family had to be made. (Just my own random thoughts.)

From the police chief's last press conference, it sounds like they must have a lot of phone data from various people to piece an electronic trail together.

You hit the nail on the head why IMO there is no way she did not know the texts were being sent. Because what if KB's work replied back?

PF had to be sure that she would not reply back to KB's job and say something to her employer.

If IN was not aware of what was going on and just turned on the phone and KB's work replied back to an automatic text then IN may have replied back something like "I dont know how I got this phone but KB is not here and I will try to find her for you". Or anything along those lines.

This pretty much proves to me IN had to know the context of the texts if she was the one turning on the phone that sent them.

Have any of you ever read such? Why is it still in Idaho?? This is the most bizarre investigation and I can't even believe that LE would disclose this, makes them seem inadequate and inexperienced. Now they have opened the seed of doubt that the evidence may not be handled appropriately. Has to be more inaccurate reporting. IMO

And who was the LE source in Idaho that supposedly confirmed that IN was under investigation? That's not good if info is sealed while FBI, CBI and LE in Colorado are trying to to work the case and keep it under wraps!

They have had the SENSITIVE evidence since December. What???
Color me confused!
This is disturbing.
Idaho has had it and isnt sure how to release it or WHO to release it to?
*See bottom link about another case.

"Police in Twin Falls have been trying to return to Colorado evidence of a sensitive nature that was discovered in December, after the FBI asked them to assist in the murder investigation, they said Thursday."

****Murder case adjourned over sensitive evidence

I have been thinking about the timing of the PF’s first solicitation; which was in September. Does anyone think PF heard about the CW case (which occurred in August) and that is what triggered his plan to murder KB? Maybe PF heard about CW killing his wife/kids and thought “hmmmm.....that sounds like a great idea. I won’t kill the baby, but my life would be easier if KB was gone.” That is when PF started his planning/soliciting and it took him a few months to learn from all CW’s mistakes. This is obviously all just speculation on my part, but the timing of CW (August) and the timing of the first solicitation (September) just seems real coincidental to me. I would be real interested to see if LE find any digital evidence of PF sleuthing CW. IMO
This has crossed my mind. The CW news inundated the airwaves, and Colorado folks were the epicenter.

I don’t. I think if he first solicited in September, he’d been considering ways to get rid of K months prior to his first solicitation. Wonder if he anyone regularly engaged in convo with P regarding getting K out of the picture? Trying to think of someone P might know that wanted K gone. MOO

Not sure if that is a fact. Not sure of the type phone it was, or if it had an app installed that allowed delayed timing of sends. Dunno.
Neither my Android nor dh's new iPhone have a way to automatically send texts, either by scheduling or by writing drafts, turning the phone off and turning it back on. The Scheduled app just sends you a notification to send the text and you still have to send it. There might be some other apps that will do it but it is not a function on most phones from what I can tell. AFAIK, Samsung Galaxy phones are the only models that allow for scheduling texts, but there might be others.
Edited because I can't keyboard.

Last edited:

Ditto. Did the reporter maybe get it wrong?

A perfect world for those who choose to be on the side of the Bs over the Ps, based largely on a bias against the family of the accused from what I can tell.

Why are the Bs more entitled to raise K than the Fs? The Fs are just as closely related to the baby. If Kelsey had died in a car accident, would it be okay to pick the B’s to raise K just because of the very non-Legal rationale of “well, they lost their daughter; let’s let them have the grand-daughter.” Like K is some kind of consolation prize.

I’m glad that the judge will have more information on which to base a decision on custody. Important stuff like providing for K financially and emotionally, which we posters have very little insight into.

There is a big difference between KB dying in a car accident, and KB dying by being brutally killed by the father of her child. ....BIG difference.

While that baby was living in the F family home, her father was actively planning her mommy's murder. That creates a very toxic emotional situation. While she is sitting on Daddy's lap, he is thinking about whether the body should be burned or buried, wrapped or dismembered.

That is an important distinction between the death being a tragic accident or a planned execution.

Seeing how it was a planned execution, it brings guilt and shame into the family situation. Even if his family didn't help him, as far was we know, the situation was toxic and dysfunctional, while that murder was being planned, carried out, and covered up.

There is no way that innocent sweet baby should be sent back into that emotional cauldron.

After the trial, and after things calm down, then maybe they can open some doors to give some family members visitation opportunities. But they should not give the F family custody, IMO, JMO

From the first views of the Safeway video and everyone questioning the size of the baby in the carrier, the comment KB's mom made about her hair not being "fixed", etc. I wondered about 60 times if it was even KB, or a girl PF solicited to help place KB there to delay things. I still raise an eyebrow because there have been so many crazy Frazee things going on with this case! It doesn't matter now, investigations are getting things done. But I really did ponder that... A lot!

That is a good point to make and you have me thinking, looking and researching children in carriers and what age they can be in any particular one depending on their age, height and weight. Justmore to think about

They have had the SENSITIVE evidence since December. What???
Color me confused!
This is disturbing.
Idaho has had it and isnt sure how to release it or WHO to release it to?
*See bottom link about another case.

"Police in Twin Falls have been trying to return to Colorado evidence of a sensitive nature that was discovered in December, after the FBI asked them to assist in the murder investigation, they said Thursday."

****Murder case adjourned over sensitive evidence
Emph. mine

So what's this 'evidence' ?
Were some of KB's personal items discarded to make it look like she'd traveled at least that far ?
Just seems like there's so much premeditation with all involved .

Have to agree with previous posters-- if someone asked me to damage or throw away a persons' phone ; I'd do the opposite if I'm innocent, that is.

Hopefully someone(s) is being hauled in for questioning again !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member