CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #22 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it a crime to destroy a phone? If I found one and tossed it into a lake?
Just asking...

I honestly don’t know the answer. I’m guessing where you found it would be the most crucial element.

The hypothetical scenario of a person finding a phone and tossing it into a lake is cracking me up though. Every part of me would want to get it back to its rightful owner, but there probably are people out there who would destroy it just for kicks.

I agree it would make more sense to find out SF babysat while PF went off to work (and play). However, I think he took Baby K with him once or twice to work for people he knew well and asked his clients to watch her as an opportunity to tell lies about KB. He could have lied to a few people close to him that KB was unstable and irresponsible and left him with the baby "at the last minute" when his mom had plans. Most clients that are also long time friends would feel sympathy and agree to watch the baby for him while he did the shoeing. Doing that a few times would set up a false narrative in advance of the murder that KB might run off unexpectantly. It would also allow him to bring a new woman around certain people, claiming he was no longer with KB. All the while KB might have been working and oblivious to PF's lies about her. And all he had to do was make sure KB never crossed paths with the people he lied to. Not that hard in the short term since PF and KB lived in separate towns and KB commuted far away for her job. MOO.
ITA.

Since the baby carrier has been mentioned tonight wouldn't it be interesting to know if PF had that particular carrier or where it is?
JMO, the baby carrier we see in the Safeway video attaches to a base that remains secure in car. Most parents each have a carrier bc most car seats are a hassle to secure and unsecure, at least that’s my experience.

Bad reporting is likely to blame as it is in so many cases we have followed.
For right now, I'm going with this:
https://www.cnn.com/…/colorado-patrick-frazee-ce…/index.html
"Police are looking at an Idaho woman suspected of disposing of the phone of Kelsey Berreth, the 29-year-old Colorado mom allegedly killed by her fiancé, a source with knowledge of the investigation told CNN Thursday."
"Police in Twin Falls, Idaho, have been trying to return to Colorado evidence of a sensitive nature that was discovered in December..."
"Police would not discuss the evidence further and said they're working with Colorado investigators to determine whether the items should be sent by mail or courier."
There it is. Sensitive. I am leaning towards DNA evidence of some sort.
And as far as the quotes in that article about when the breakup actually occurred,
I have no clue.
But the FBI surely does.
jmo
Chi

Custody decisions are based on the best interests of a child. If the child has visited with her paternal grandmother nearly every day of her life, then, barring a history of child neglect, that child should have the right to continued visits with her paternal grandmother.

The paternal grandmother is not responsible for PF's decision to prevent visitation between the child and her maternal grandparents, so that is not her bad act.

But what happened AFTER the murder? Did Mama F know what happened? Did she ever speak out in support of the missing Mother and try and round up support for her?

Did she reach out to LE and try to get help finding her?

Did she reach out to the B family, offer support and encouragement, suggest they come and see the grandbaby?

Did she help her son in any way, with the cover up, after the fact?

Is she now supporting him and believing his version of events?

ACTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES. Her son's bad acts may have devastating consequences for her and the family. JMO

Derogatory name changes / name variations of any of the case players is against TOS.
Just don't do it or Warning points and/or thread reply bans will be issued.
Thanks.
@sillybilly
Respectfully, please advise how to refer to the following individual:

An Idaho woman is being investigated for possibly disposing of a cellphone belonging to Kelsey Berreth, the Colorado woman last seen in November and presumed murdered, according to reports.
Idaho woman being investigated for possibly disposing of Kelsey Berreth's cellphone: reports

I don't see how she wouldn't be arrested! She committed a crime. If anything they told her what charges she could be facing to convince her to talk, and made some sort of deal. But I don't think she will get away with not being charged... Imo

If she knows a lot of gory details, and can testify against him, then she can walk away with no charges. JMO

IMO, he did know about the CW case and it put into action the evil thoughts he had been having already. PF, too had another woman or multiple women in his life, besides KB (MOO).

It has always been my opinion that he and KB weren't together for very long after the baby was born. The only family photo is when she is a newborn, and he already looks detached IMO. The fall photos of KB, the baby, and CB also lead me to believe this. Wouldn't she want pictures with PF and the baby if he was her "fiancee"?

I think that IN knew the baby and believed (whether correct or not) that PF and KB were broken up. He probably told her lies about KB and he must have gotten her to hate KB enough to dispose of evidence for him. I wonder if he told her that he was trying to take something from Kelsey (robbery) and that she accidentally died during the act. As others have pointed out, a cell phone is just so personal to a person that she couldn't have thought KB was still alive if she took it to ID and especially not if she sent those texts. MOO.

Last edited:
Well, you know, the holidays. Tongue in cheek. (Referring to da's comment of why things are moving the way they are) Seriously I was a little consternated by that inability to decide mail vs courier, too.

If they need to spend time, discussing how to send sensitive material, I just wonder, how efficient their investigation will be.
MOO.

Well “since December” could be as recent as three days ago...and there has been hellish weather in the region.

Reminds me of when a murder occurs on the last day of a month, and within days, reporters say “last month’s murder” ...jmo

Also, trying 3 times to get someone to kill KB is very interesting.
I can't remember how many times Lorenzen Wright's wife tried before he was actually murdered by her "friend". She's currently in jail on a $20,000,000 bond unless it was reduced.
jmo
Chi

Last edited:
"Police in Twin Falls told 11 News partner KMVT they are not investigating a woman as of Wednesday at 5:30 p.m. It isn't clear if another law enforcement agency is involved in the reported investigation of a 32-year-old nurse."

Kelsey Berreth's parents keep temporary custody of her child

So, must be FBI or the LE in Colorado investigating her

"Police would not discuss the evidence further and said they’re working with Colorado investigators to determine whether the items should be sent by mail or courier."

I suppose if there was evidence of a 'sensitive' nature LE would have to discuss at length (a month or two to be certain), as to whether mailing through the post or sending across state lines by courier would break a federal law - that is if the evidence were say, a compromising/intimate selfie, or two which a couple might send to each other on their phones. o_O

Twin Falls Police will send "sensitive" evidence to Colorado in connection to missing woman | East Idaho News

This is bizarre. Why make a weird statement about it? Just have CBI drive up there and pick it up. Whatever it is can't be very big or akward or perishable.

BBM. I don't know about that... What if a vehicle or a horse trailer used to transport KB's body was located in Idaho? I'm thinking if it's a horse trailer they may not want to simply hook it to a police car and tow it down the road. Sensitive evidence inside could possibly blow out of an open trailer. They might want to process it there? Or are perhaps trying to figure out a way to cover the trailer and transport on a flatbed semi? :confused:o_O

(Just throwing out guesses here. Also when you said perishable my mind went to cinnamon rolls, lol! :p But hopefully they would know how to transport those. :D ).

I think the press releasing this slow drip is by design of LE.
The problem is that LE can’t really use the slow drip method anymore. Time is no longer on their side. I’m sure the county attorney is urging them to move as quickly as possible now. Again, I go back to my speculation that they were forced to arrest PF much sooner than they wanted to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy