CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #22 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly don’t know the answer. I’m guessing where you found it would be the most crucial element.

The hypothetical scenario of a person finding a phone and tossing it into a lake is cracking me up though. Every part of me would want to get it back to its rightful owner, but there probably are people out there who would destroy it just for kicks.

Well I would be the wrong person to find a phone. I hate phones. I love my tablet, mind you, but hate phones. I have a very basic Tracfone and buy some minutes once a year...if I need any.

If they need to spend time, discussing how to send sensitive material, I just wonder, how efficient their investigation will be.
MOO.
This is a local police department who provided assistance to the authorities investigating this case.

They were asked to perform particular tasks, and they did them.

How they plan to transport evidence that they collected at the behest of local, state, and federal authorities (conducting the main investigation), is so minor in the grand scheme of things, that I am truly lost as to its relevance here.

This is a local police department who provided assistance to the authorities investigating this case.

They were asked to perform particular tasks, and they did them.

How they plan to transport evidence that they collected at the behest of local, state, and federal authorities (conducting the main investigation), is so minor in the grand scheme of things, that I am truly lost as to its relevance here.
Two words. Cinnamon rolls

Wait, what?

Trying to return? Working to determine whether mail or courier? In a murder investigation? In 2019?

Probably just poor journalism. But. Wow.
There’s gotta be more to this. I predict it might all be theatre, writ large....They probably do have the evidence item, but talking about it in this way allows its existence and imminent ‘delivery’ to be broadcast via the media, so certain ‘interested parties’ could have their level of concern ramped up, if necessary, to encourage cooperation with the investigation. (Isn’t it said that the first one to make a deal gets the best deal?)

Last edited:
I honestly don’t know the answer. I’m guessing where you found it would be the most crucial element.

The hypothetical scenario of a person finding a phone and tossing it into a lake is cracking me up though. Every part of me would want to get it back to its rightful owner, but there probably are people out there who would destroy it just for kicks.

Yes.
A case here, where the Creep destroyed his, and the runaway's phone.
He was charged.

I am sorry to say this but the upthread report about LE trying to figure out how to get the evidence, whatever it is, from Twin Falls to LE in Colorado sounds like Barney Fife is running things. This makes no sense LE does things like this all the time. Secondly, why would they let that information out? It’s beginning to feel like they are trying to play head games with someone. JMHO.

ahh ok, thanks, I'm still reading up in the thread, missed such an important piece of information.
Hmm, that's even more bizarre, I can imagine a scene set to look like a robbery after a murder is committed but one theory LE have that KB died while a robbery took place, adds another level of mystery.
I think it refers to her phone,and purse being stolen. Maybe some other things as well.
MOO

The scary thing is that if IN is involved, they don't seem to have enough to arrest her at this point. I'm worried they know what happened but are lacking evidence to prove it and press charges. Or, it's possible she is the one who went to LE?

BBM. I don't know about that... What if a vehicle or a horse trailer used to transport KB's body was located in Idaho? I'm thinking if it's a horse trailer they may not want to simply hook it to a police car and tow it down the road. Sensitive evidence inside could possibly blow out of an open trailer. They might want to process it there? Or are perhaps trying to figure out a way to cover the trailer and transport on a flatbed semi? :confused:o_O

(Just throwing out guesses here. Also when you said perishable my mind went to cinnamon rolls, lol! :p But hopefully they would know how to transport those. :D ).

I think it would be difficult to put a horse trailer in the mail, and FedEX probably doesnt have a driver who can carry that one.

I understand the Judge continued temporary custody with CB, and next custody hearing is scheduled for Feb 7, 2019.

AS CB attending hearing by telephone today, do we know whether or not she and the child are still in Colorado?

Further understand that PF's sister also filed to intervene in custody matter. Perhaps she deemed this necessary after alleging SF was unable to walk. MOO
Patrick Frazee appears in court for custody hearing

I find it interesting and very strange that BOTH GF and PF’s sister filed for custody. I would think grandma would have supported the sister, or sister supported the grandma....and unite, this seems like a division in the family IMO

I am sorry to say this but the upthread report about LE trying to figure out how to get the evidence, whatever it is, from Twin Falls to LE in Colorado sounds like Barney Fife is running things. This makes no sense LE does things like this all the time. Secondly, why would they let that information out? It’s beginning to feel like they are trying to play head games with someone. JMHO.
I disagree with the Barney Fife characterization... I bet this has all been discussed with both CBI and the FBI and they’re being very tactical and strategic about the release of this information. Hopefully their tactics will be fruitful; my fingers are definitely crossed.

JMO
I do think LE is using the media to their advantage in this case. When last night's news broke about the Idaho nurse it happened very fast and there were multiple news places that all seemed to share the story at the same time. We know places will clone other places stories but this seemed different last night.

Almost like they got the "go ahead" from LE to mention that news so long as they didnt mention the name.

From watching too many movies I have seen where news places will oblige with LE requests to help them with cases up to a point. Sometimes news places will refrain from releasing a story for a limited time and sometimes they will report a story at the request of LE if it helps them with the case so long as the information is accurate.

The way the news broke at roughly the same time from so many reputable news sites makes me think it was a coordinated release of that news.

That's a thought and maybe they are protecting the contents because someone else's dna is on them. We know PF permitted his DNA sample I wonder if others are resistant to that?

Purse contents would be (maybe) problematic to ship, things rolling around, possibly make up opening or breaking, etc. just a thought.
Is it possible the evidence is not deemed to be vital to CO LE & that’s why there’s a great debate on transport methods? If crucial, I think CO would already be there.

JMO
I do think LE is using the media to their advantage in this case. When last night's news broke about the Idaho nurse it happened very fast and there were multiple news places that all seemed to share the story at the same time. We know places will clone other places stories but this seemed different last night.

Almost like they got the "go ahead" from LE to mention that news so long as they didnt mention the name.

From watching too many movies I have seen where news places will oblige with LE requests to help them with cases up to a point. Sometimes news places will refrain from releasing a story for a limited time and sometimes they will report a story at the request of LE if it helps them with the case so long as the information is accurate.

The way the news broke at roughly the same time from so many reputable news sites makes me think it was a coordinated release of that news.
I did notice that when the reporting broke on IN- it was all Colorado stations and newspeople reporting it- I think a big competition may be building there to get the story first. A spark may have started a firestorm of bad reporting.

JMO

I totally agree. They are breaking news to make, possibly, a third person wonder what they really know and what they have. JMO

So many days lost before she was reported missing. So many days lost when le has to get a warrant then wait for info from the phone companies, etc. Years on web sleuths makes one extra prepared. I've got access to everyone's phone info, power of atty, and tiles on their keys and wallets which give me instant location. I live out in the stix and can't expect our tiny force to do everything and immediately

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288