CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #22 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think MSM is hungry for the story- and to be first to report. I'm taking what they say with a grain of salt at this point. They may be stretching their reporting a bit for clickbait.

I am really worried that one of them took things from the FB groups, and the rest ran with it. I really hope they verified the sources

Teresa Siever's children were forced to to talk to their incarcerated, murdering dad multiple times/day on the phone.

Right, but he hadn't been found guilty yet. And after a short time, they terminated his parental rights, and those calls stopped.

https://www.news-press.com/story/ne...s-phone-calls-daughters-taken-away/739951002/

"A Lee County judge decided to close a court proceeding to the public Thursday on whether Mark Sievers could maintain telephone conversations with his children.

The hearing was an emergency motion to discontinue the conversations he's had with his two daughters since he's been in custody on accusations or orchestrating the killing of his wife Dr. Teresa Sievers in June of 2015.

Sievers has been allowed to communicate with his children as long as a third person listened to the phone conversations. The two girls have lived with their maternal grandmother Mary Ann Groves.

Judge Robert Branning appeared hesitant to close the court proceedings because it wasn't a termination of parental rights proceeding, but a termination of parental rights is underway. Under Florida Statute, those hearings are closed to the public. "

I'm just trying to figure out what would be so difficult to transport

A cactus? A molded Jello Salad? Those darn cinnamon rolls?

you are definitely on to something, maybe one of those darn missing cinnamon rolls ended up in Idaho... hmm.. a little moldy, might have to freeze to preserve the evidence then how do you transport it?? LOL!

Hmmm... Are we still talking about a cell phone here? Could they have some additional evidence that may require consumptive testing in Idaho? Maybe the "sensitive" part is that they are afraid transport could destroy or erode the evidence? JMO.
I know it could be a lot of other things but if I had to put money on it, I'd go with what I know which is De Young said Kelsey's phone did end up in Idaho. How they can't figure out how to get it to Colorado is riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma on top of a conundrum. :oops:
MOO

I think it would be difficult to put a horse trailer in the mail, and FedEX probably doesnt have a driver who can carry that one.

Absolutely. Oh, here's another idea. What if the sensitive evidence is a horse! Or some other animal that a farrier might shoe? Or a dog PF bred? Could PF have paid someone with an animal from his ranch? Or perhaps someone came to Colorado from Idaho over Thanksgiving weekend and brought their animals down for PF to shoe? Services in exchange for a murder? Or simply a convenient reason to need to to travel to Colorado if anyone asks? Some more ideas to consider. JMO.

@sillybilly
I would like to request a bit of rule clarification please. I recently followed the Grace Millane case and WS Admins & Mods were constantly cleaning up the threads and posting warnings about certain media sources - specifically, The Daily Mail (DM). We were told WS does not consider DM to be MSM, or a valid media source that we can discuss, refer or link to, etc. Since Grace was from the UK, there were numerous DM articles, which were not allowed here, and were repeatedly removed during thread cleanups.

However, on these Kelsey Berreth threads, as well as other cases, I see many references to DM articles. There appears to be some inconsistency with respect to whether or not DM is acceptable here on WS. Can you, or someone, please explain if DM is allowed, and if so, under what conditions? Despite that it may sometimes seem otherwise, I think it is fair to say the majority of us want to diligently abide by WS TOS/rules.
TIA

Last edited:
IMO, he did know about the CW case and it put into action the evil thoughts he had been having already. PF, too had another woman or multiple women in his life, besides KB (MOO).

It has always been my opinion that he and KB weren't together for very long after the baby was born. The only family photo is when she is a newborn, and he already looks detached IMO. The fall photos of KB, the baby, and CB also lead me to believe this. Wouldn't she want pictures with PF and the baby if he was her "fiancee"?

I think that IN knew the baby and believed (whether correct or not) that PF and KB were broken up. He probably told her lies about KB and he must have gotten her to hate KB enough to dispose of evidence for him. I wonder if he told her that he was trying to take something from Kelsey (robbery) and that she accidentally died during the act. As others have pointed out, a cell phone is just so personal to a person that she couldn't have thought KB was still alive if she took it to ID and especially not if she sent those texts. MOO.

Idk if P knew of the CW case, or not.

I’ve always felt as you, regarding K/P’s relstionship. I don’t think her mom was even truly aware of the relationship status. She knew ONLY what K wanted her to know, IMO. CB had to be on guard when speaking publicly because of course she & LE had to suspect P. With him having possession of the baby, it was best to tread lightly. Not say a word that might provoke him. Of course CB was worried about K but I believe her immediate concern was for the baby. If he had harmed/killed K, CB had to fear he might do a murder/suicide. We can assume he followed the news, hour by hour, he was aware of things people were saying about him.
Whether they were engaged, together, apart, really matters none. Not if he’s guilty of what charges indicate.

All my opinion

This is a local police department who provided assistance to the authorities investigating this case.

They were asked to perform particular tasks, and they did them.

How they plan to transport evidence that they collected at the behest of local, state, and federal authorities (conducting the main investigation), is so minor in the grand scheme of things, that I am truly lost as to its relevance here.

I hope you are right, and probably are.

Absolutely. Oh, here's another idea. What if the sensitive evidence is a horse! Or some other animal that a farrier might shoe? Or a dog PF bred? Could PF have paid someone with an animal from his ranch? Or perhaps someone came to Colorado from Idaho over Thanksgiving weekend and brought their animals down for PF to shoe? Services in exchange for a murder? Or simply a convenient reason to need to to travel to Colorado if anyone asks? Some more ideas to consider. JMO.

If he actually “paid” someone to help, I mentioned perhaps he gave someone a saddle or perhaps a nice horse. The rodeos that P participated in give belt buckles, saddles & tack for prizes, more often than not. The saddles can be very pricey, brand name.

@sillybilly
I would like to request a bit of rule clarification please. I recently followed the Grace Millane case and WS Admins & Mods were constantly cleaning up the threads and posting warnings about certain media sources - specifically, The Daily Mail (DM). We were told WS does not consider DM to be MSM, or a valid media source that we can discuss, refer or link to, etc. Since Grace was from the UK, there were numerous DM articles, which were not allowed here, and were repeatedly removed during thread cleanups.

However, on these Kelsey Berreth threads, as well as other cases, I see many references to DM articles. There appears to be some inconsistency with respect to whether or not DM is acceptable here on WS. Can you, or someone, please explain if DM is allowed, and if so, under what conditions? Despite how it may sometimes seem otherwise, I think it is fair to say the majority of us want to diligently abide by WS TOS/rules.
TIA

I think it was somewhat recently a rule change, allowing DM as a MSM source

I find it interesting and very strange that BOTH GF and PF’s sister filed for custody. I would think grandma would have supported the sister, or sister supported the grandma....and unite, this seems like a division in the family IMO
Neither has filed for custody as far as we know. They have filed to intervene. That can mean different things.

Last edited:
Right, but he hadn't been found guilty yet. And after a short time, they terminated his parental rights, and those calls stopped.
Hearing on whether Mark Sievers can continue phone calls with his daughters closed to the public
Respectfully shortened.

He's still not gone to trial. He was able to call his daughters multiple times a day from jail for three years before the court discontinued his calls.

I pray Kelsey's mom doesn't have to endure anything similar.

Purse contents would be (maybe) problematic to ship, things rolling around, possibly make up opening or breaking, etc. just a thought.
Is it possible the evidence is not deemed to be vital to CO LE & that’s why there’s a great debate on transport methods? If crucial, I think CO would already be there.

It has to be bad reporting. All evidence has to follow the chain of custody and chain of evidence. It can't be sent in the mail if it is going to be used as evidence in court. Even with signature required- too many hands involved through the chain that are not authorized. The defense would have a field day.

The scary thing is that if IN is involved, they don't seem to have enough to arrest her at this point. I'm worried they know what happened but are lacking evidence to prove it and press charges. Or, it's possible she is the one who went to LE?

We don’t even know that she’s not in CO. She may be. Imo

I hope it’s not KB’s phone! JMthought.

Or the phone's pieces.

I have had a bad feeling that it was smashed to pieces and if Idaho LE found the location of the smashing and secured the scene like over a bridge onto rocks below then it could create difficulty on how to get all the evidence collected and what to send back to try to recover any usable evidence.

It has to be bad reporting. All evidence has to follow the chain of custody and chain of evidence. It can't be sent in the mail if it is going to be used as evidence in court. Even with signature required- too many hands involved through the chain that are not authorized. The defense would have a field day.

Maybe someone told a reporter LE can’t figure out how to ship something, only to get rid of her. He might be sitting in front of tv laughing.

Reports: Woman in Idaho under investigation in Berreth case

The Daily Mail of London is reporting a nurse in Twin Falls, Idaho is under investigation for possibly disposing of Berreth’s cell phone which pinged in Idaho shortly after her disappearance.

The Daily Mail also reporting the Idaho woman’s co-workers claim she was having an affair with Berreth’s fiance, Patrick Frazee. According to the report, the two met at a rodeo.

None of this has been confirmed by investigators. When News5 reached out to the 4th Judicial District Attorney’s Office they declined to comment. The FBi referred us to the 4th Judicial District for any comment. As for police in Twin Falls, they tell News5 no investigation is underway by their officers related to the Berreth case. Instead they referred us to contact authorities in Colorado.

Last edited:
sorry, another question, but if PF terminates his parental rights, how does that impact the other Frazee family?

I am not sure how this works but my understanding is until after the trial process he has no custody rights. The child will stay in a temporary custody status until his case is completed. As of now for lack of a better word, the child is a ward of the state and in control and protection of the state. The state will assess as the judge assigns. Protective services does their job per SOP. As of right now, he has no right to terminate as a parent because he has NO custody; the state has custody. He cannot terminate what what he does not have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998