GUILTY CO - Amy Garcia, 41, shot & burned by man and 12 y.o. son, Huerfano Co, Dec 2018 *Arrests*

Knitty

Staff member
Reaction score
"The witness said the 12-year-old shot her first, with a .22 rifle, while she was trying to get in her car and leave. Then Heith Gleason shot her two more times with a different gun.

Then according to the witness, somebody lit the victim's car on fire with her body inside in an attempt to destroy all evidence of their involvement. The two of them also tossed their clothes and guns inside the burning car."

12-year-old involved with murder in Huerfano Co.: police

I'm very sorry, when we had the old version of websleuths, I was able to insert quotes properly, but I don't see the buttons that I used to do that anymore.

Well nothing came up for Huerfano County, but I checked Weld County since it was mentioned above.

Docket for: Weld County - Weld County Court House
Showing 1 - 1 of 1 records

Date Len Name Hearing Type Case # Location Division
1/22/19

8:00 AM 5M GLEASON, HEITH Show Cause Hearing C622017M3763 Weld County Division 13

link: Seventh Judicial District » Docket Search

I'm guessing this is NOT the case re Amy - ?? or is it?

Just got this google alert & unfortunately have no access....

Murder suspect, 12, to be extradited to Colorado

anyone here - can you give a 10% synopsis on what it says? Maybe a "real" court date for his murder case? TIA!
Summary: a 3rd Party was present during the shootings and alerted police.
Dad supposedly made comments supporting the son’s machismo by participating in the murder.
Kid getting extradited to a youth detention facility.
Awaiting further charges for the father.

Suspect, 12, in homicide to face charge in Colordao

A 12-year-old boy wanted in connection with a recent homicide in Gardner will be extradited to a youth detention facility in Colorado after an extradition hearing Monday in Santa Fe, according to the Santa Fe New Mexican newspaper

The newspaper reported that Gage Gleason appeared before District Judge Sarah Singleton. He and his father, Heith Gleason, 35, were arrested on a warrant charging the boy with murder at a McDonald’s restaurant in Santa Fe on Dec. 21.
[.....]
Santa Fe District Attorney Marco Serna said the boy signed documents voluntarily agreeing to be returned to Colorado, where he faces a charge of first-degree murder, the newpaper reported.

Heith Gleason is still in custody at the Santa Fe County jail, according to online records. It’s not clear what if any charges he will face in connection with the case.

for Gage:

Docket for: Huerfano County - Huerfano County Courthouse
Showing 1 - 1 of 1 records

Date Len Name Hearing Type Case # Location Division
1/7/19
10:00 AM 1H GLEASON, GAGE Hearing D282018JD26 Huerfano County DIV D

link: Seventh Judicial District » Docket Search

His father is still not in Huerfano County, but in Weld County & has a hearing on 1/22 re his other case.

He's only 12? I wonder if the kid has a history of anything else?

Because if this is the ONLY incident then I might wonder if he was terrified of his Dad and did it on his instruction. Many boys of "macho" fathers are rightfully terrified what will happen if they don't do the "macho" things requested.

I hate to just throw a 12 year old away without making sure he's a sociopath first. Just having a hard time imagining he would have committed this crime on his own. I'm guessing Dad was the mastermind and driving force.

He's only 12? I wonder if the kid has a history of anything else?

Because if this is the ONLY incident then I might wonder if he was terrified of his Dad and did it on his instruction. Many boys of "macho" fathers are rightfully terrified what will happen if they don't do the "macho" things requested.

I hate to just throw a 12 year old away without making sure he's a sociopath first. Just having a hard time imagining he would have committed this crime on his own. I'm guessing Dad was the mastermind and driving force.

You’re probably, hopefully right. I usually wait to pass judgement, but this one got to me. Thanks for your compassionate post.

Last edited:
You’re probably, hopefully right. I usually wait to pass judgement, but this one got to me. Thanks for your compassionate post.

I was afraid I missed something when I saw your post. I am very familiar with your compassionate stance.

I could be wrong and the kid could be a budding serial killer. I hope it's definitive either way though.

I was afraid I missed something when I saw your post. I am very familiar with your compassionate stance.

I could be wrong and the kid could be a budding serial killer. I hope it's definitive either way though.

Thanks for understanding. After looking around online, I’ve changed my opinion and if I’ve zeroed in on the right people, I think this kid is more likely a victim of a macho dad. I still have some concerns about a FB page I think is the boy’s, if it is. But it’s wait and see at this point.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back