CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #22 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems tha PF and KB were very private people and didn’t have a lot of close friends. I don’t think that’s odd or unusual. But media is then going to people that have either very old or 3rd hand info and just running it instead of verifying with other sources as used to be the norm. News reporting standards have fallen as we entered the 24 hr/day news cycle world.

Yes, Thank you for your very thoughtful response. That explains why there are so many different stories. But it doesnt explain why, in a missing persons case, where both LE and Family members pleaded for the publics help, they didnt provide or even correct very basic information. Such as KB has a boyfriend, fiancee, etc.... Thats what I find odd. And when I say odd I mean different than the majority of missing person pleas I've heard.

Could it be the sister has read comments about her mom’s age/disability & feels it best if she, too, puts in an appearance. Back up support. My mom can take care of a child & I will help her.

FWIW: imo, a disability does not make a person incapable of parenting. If so, if a woman is deaf, limped, had poor vision or missing a limb, should her children be taken from her at birth?
Would it not be illegal to employ or otherwise use a baby sitter that “limped”, if a person with a limp is incapable of providing child care?
IMO, K had no problem with Mrs. F tending to the baby.

MOO
Thank you! SF may not deserve custody (not for me to say), but her having a limp would not even make the list of potential reasons why. It really irks me when people say things like that. Millions of people with disabilities raise children everyday. Many of them are veterans!
In all fairness, it was PF's sister that brought up her Mother's alleged disability and/or inability to walk, and NOT the public and/or posters making disabilities an issue with childcare.

While disparaging KB's career choice, and defending her brother as the primary caregiver to their child, KF's sister was quick to discount that PF would receive any help with childcare from their Mother because of alleged mobility issues. I further believe sister is intervening in the custody issue because of her prior comments about her Mother. MOO

Custody decisions are based on the best interests of a child. If the child has visited with her paternal grandmother nearly every day of her life, then, barring a history of child neglect, that child should have the right to continued visits with her paternal grandmother.

The paternal grandmother is not responsible for PF's decision to prevent visitation between the child and her maternal grandparents, so that is not her bad act.

Has there been any report of what she understood of the mother missing for ten days?
Exactly. We only know that she is being investigated for committing a crime, but we don’t know the extent of her involvement here.

Tomorrow could be a big day as far as learning more about the case against PF, perhaps we will also get clarity on this woman’s involvement as well.

We know she is a registered nurse in Idaho. She transported KB's phone from CO to ID which crossed state lines which involved the FBI and other state and local officials in Idaho per news conference by LE. We know at least two messages we texted on the phone after KB was last seen at the Safeway on 11/22. This was on 11/25 if memory serves me well. No other images have been released of KB. No charges have been announced but are expected.

In all fairness, it was PF's sister that brought up her Mother's alleged disability and/or inability to walk, and NOT the public and/or posters making disabilities an issue with childcare.

While disparaging KB's career choice, and defending her brother as the primary caregiver to their child, KF's sister was quick to discount that PF would receive any help with childcare from their Mother because of alleged mobility issues. I further believe sister is intervening in the custody issue because of her prior comments about her Mother. MOO
Has that been verified?

I don't think there is anything new here, but a big shout out to the Denver Post for best article I have seen today regarding the custody hearing.

Patrick Frazee attends custody hearing of 1-year-old daughter
The Teller County District Court, during a closed hearing, ruled to continue temporary legal custody of the couple’s daughter, 1-year-old Kaylee, with the Colorado Department of Human Services, according to a Colorado Judicial Branch news release. Temporary physical custody of the toddler remains with Berreth’s parents, her maternal grandparents.

On Thursday, Human Services requested the hearing be closed and all parties involved agreed, the release said. The court found that closing the hearing to the general public was in the child’s best interest.

Attorneys for Berreth’s parents, the maternal grandparents, were present in the courtroom, and his clients were connected via telephone, the news release said. Frazee’s mother, who is the paternal grandmother, and an aunt were present with counsel. Kaylee’s guardian ad litem also attended.

The court is waiting to review discovery in the criminal case against Frazee before proceeding further, according to the release. Human services and the guardian ad litem have discretion to set up visitation with Kaylee’s kin.

However, the arrest affidavit, which lays out evidence in Frazee’s criminal case, has been sealed. Attorneys are expected to argue over the arrest affidavit’s release in a Friday afternoon criminal court hearing in Teller County.

A pre-trial conference is scheduled for Monday.

Yes, Thank you for your very thoughtful response. That explains why there are so many different stories. But it doesnt explain why, in a missing persons case, where both LE and Family members pleaded for the publics help, they didnt provide or even correct very basic information. Such as KB has a boyfriend, fiancee, etc.... Thats what I find odd. And when I say odd I mean different than the majority of missing person pleas I've heard.

The minute you start talking to media, they don't stop hounding you. So if you want to be left alone with your grief you don't talk to them. I am sure in their mind its as simple as why do the public need to know the status of KB and PF. The police have the right info and it will be dealt with in a court of law. Been there, as a cousin.

But what happened AFTER the murder? Did Mama F know what happened? Did she ever speak out in support of the missing Mother and try and round up support for her?

Did she reach out to LE and try to get help finding her?

Did she reach out to the B family, offer support and encouragement, suggest they come and see the grandbaby?

Did she help her son in any way, with the cover up, after the fact?

Is she now supporting him and believing his version of events?

ACTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES. Her son's bad acts may have devastating consequences for her and the family. JMO
BBM

In a word, NO.
She (SF) also prevented KB's family from seeing the baby.
Very worrisome behavior.

Just wondering how defendant PF is sleeping tonight?! IIRC it is a 3.5 or 4 hour scheduled hearing tomorrow. I bet he'll be slightly less cocky and indifferent than in the past, but on the other hand, maybe not. Sadly a lot of the cases here on WS show us certain killers have no remorse or empathy at all for anyone but themselves. Regardless, he has to know he is in deep do-d0, all of his scheming ends seem to be meeting in the middle and that makes ME sleep better.

So happy Baby K is tucked away safely in the loving, stable home of the Berreths. She is a sweet little nugget who looks just like her momma. :) You know that CB is holding onto her with all her might and finding some comfort in that.

There is a big difference between KB dying in a car accident, and KB dying by being brutally killed by the father of her child. ....BIG difference.

While that baby was living in the F family home, her father was actively planning her mommy's murder. That creates a very toxic emotional situation. While she is sitting on Daddy's lap, he is thinking about whether the body should be burned or buried, wrapped or dismembered.

That is an important distinction between the death being a tragic accident or a planned execution.

Seeing how it was a planned execution, it brings guilt and shame into the family situation. Even if his family didn't help him, as far was we know, the situation was toxic and dysfunctional, while that murder was being planned, carried out, and covered up.

There is no way that innocent sweet baby should be sent back into that emotional cauldron.

After the trial, and after things calm down, then maybe they can open some doors to give some family members visitation opportunities. But they should not give the F family custody, IMO, JMO
Emph. mine

Bumping this post as it was well stated. If SF had made a plea for Kelsey to be found, just one public presser to urge people to look for KB, and for KB's safe return.
But no. It's sad.

Just wondering how defendant PF is sleeping tonight?! IIRC it is a 3.5 or 4 hour scheduled hearing tomorrow. I bet he'll be slightly less cocky and indifferent than in the past, but on the other hand, maybe not. Sadly a lot of the cases here on WS show us certain killers have no remorse or empathy at all for anyone but themselves. Regardless, he has to know he is in deep do-d0, all of his scheming ends seem to be meeting in the middle and that makes ME sleep better.

So happy Baby K is tucked away safely in the loving, stable home of the Berreths. She is a sweet little nugget who looks just like her momma. :) You know that CB is holding onto her with all her might and finding some comfort in that.
Probably like a baby.
I hope he is awake and haunted!
Moo

I just read a news article where it said PF and KB broke up New Years 2018. Another article said they were broken up from September 2018. From what I read at the beginning of this case they were still dating. Why is there so much misinformation surrounding this case?????

PF's Attorney, LE, and CB have all been consistent in calling PF KB's fiance (still dating). PF has never addressed the media himself, and the misinformation you are referring to is coming directly from information that PF is allegedly giving to his friends. Also, any statement by Kelsey's Aunt about a break up was requested removed by CB.

DEC 31, 2018
Murder charges filed against man in case of missing Colorado mom - CNN
Two friends said Frazee told them that the relationship with Berreth ended months ago -- claims that contradict statements from Berreth's aunt, who wrote on Facebook that Berreth broke up with Frazee the same day she went missing.

"I still refuse to believe that he's done this until I see the evidence," said Tamra Freeman, whose granddaughter played with Frazee's daughter.

Freeman said that Frazee told her the relationship with Berreth ended on New Year's Day 2018, and the only contact they had was related to their daughter. Berreth's mother has not responded to CNN's requests for comment.

I always wonder in these type of cases what is running through the defendants mind. Is it remorse? Sorrow? Regret (my God I can’t believe I did this). Shame? Defiance? Hope (if innocent). Or in the case of a psychopath, nothing, or even satisfaction. I don’t think PF is a psycho though.

Kelsey Berreth's parents keep temporary custody of her child

SABBMFAA:

The following court document was provided publicly in relation to the custody case:

People v. Frazee – 2018JV26:
The case was set for pre-trial conference today. TCDHS requested closed hearing pursuant to 19-1-106; all parties agreed to closed hearing; Court finds closing hearing to the general public in child’s best interest; Court orders parents not to publicly comment about this D&N case out of concern for child’s best interests; Father was present in custody with counsel; GAL present; counsel for maternal grandparents present with maternal grandparents appearing by phone; paternal grandmother and aunt present with counsel; parties still waiting to review discovery in criminal case before proceeding further; Court finds good cause to extend adjudicatory deadlines; Court reserves right to hearing re: paternal kin motions to intervene & to request contested custody hearing; TCDHS & GAL have discretion to set up kin visitation; Court continues temporary legal custody of child with TCDHS, temporary physical custody with maternal grandparents; reset pre-trial conference to 2/7/19 at 8:30 a.m.

Really? Where? In your state? I have been present & within eyeshot (bc of previous job) of many arrests & I've never seen “those around” detained.
I know my home state does not detain innocent bystanders. If serving an arrest warrant, they would arrest
the person on the warrant. Unless all hell erupted, family or guests wouldn’t be detained. If a spouse or a parent started screaming or otherwise going off (like not wanting to surrender a child), then, yes, they might be detained.
Jmo
Every state has dif’ laws.

Yeah I'm not sure it's protocol in every arrest but when dealing with something as intense as murder and going to a home where they know there are guns and a very close family, it might make sense.

Also who knows. Maybe she was carrying on. "I won't let you take my boy!" I don't know.

Last edited:
I always wonder in these type of cases what is running through the defendants mind. Is it remorse? Sorrow? Regret (my God I can’t believe I did this). Shame? Defiance? Hope (if innocent). Or in the case of a psychopath, nothing, or even satisfaction. I don’t think PF is a psycho though.
I would love to be able scientifically/medically/psychiatrically access the true emotions of defendants like this.

ETA: Strictly for learning purposes. LOL

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members