Burke Ramsey Files 750 Million Dollar Lawsuit Against CBS #2

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
It's true. Lin Wood has been busy

Burke Ramsey files $750M suit against CBS, experts in JonBenet special

KUSA - Burke Ramsey filed a $750 million lawsuit Wednesday against CBS, a production company and seven investigators involved in a TV special that aired in September and accused him of killing his younger sister, JonBenet Ramsey, in Boulder in 1996.

The suit was filed in Michigan.

Thread #1

Last edited by a moderator:
I am hoping beyond hope that CBS refuses to settle.

When Fox News was sued by Wood they didn't back down and they won big time. The judge tossed the case out of court.

Whenever Wood has filed against a large cooperation I always get my hopes up. Not this time. I'll believe it when I see it.

CBS has the power to back up what they say. Hopefully the big decision makers will decide they are done taking this paper tiger's baloney and
take Wood and Burke all the way to court.

Think about Burke's depo!

Think about Burke on the stand!

If CBS doesn't back down they will win.

I am hoping beyond hope that CBS refuses to settle.

When Fox News was sued by Wood they didn't back down and they won big time. The judge tossed the case out of court.

Whenever Wood has filed against a large cooperation I always get my hopes up. Not this time. I'll believe it when I see it.

CBS has the power to back up what they say. Hopefully the big decision makers will decide they are done taking this paper tiger's baloney and
take Wood and Burke all the way to court.

Think about Burke's depo!

Think about Burke on the stand!

If CBS doesn't back down they will win.

Tricia,
I hope CBS call LW's bluff. You can tell its all a legal gambit, since most of what LW says about the R's being exonerated, the dna evidence, the saliva etc is nonsense, old school assertions, made by other people that LW uses to fill out his litigation papers.

These are old questions that now have answers, so LW with his Gawker demands is definitely hoping to settle out of court.

BR on the stand, JR on the stand ... bring it on.

It's true. Lin Wood has been busy

http://www.9news.com/news/investiga...nst-cbs-experts-in-jonbenet-special/379838922

KUSA - Burke Ramsey filed a $750 million lawsuit Wednesday against CBS, a production company and seven investigators involved in a TV special that aired in September and accused him of killing his younger sister, JonBenet Ramsey, in Boulder in 1996.

The suit was filed in Michigan.

To start, they did not "accuse" Burke.

They just had their theories and of course their legal statement at the beginning and end of the show, which I think you posted Tricia!

To start, they did not "accuse" Burke.

They just had their theories and of course their legal statement at the beginning and end of the show, which I think you posted Tricia!

You are right of course but I think Wood's lawsuit will not dance around anything and just say they accused Burke.

Yes, they did offer their opinion. One person's opinion is another person's accusation.

The fact that you are absolutely right and are telling the truth means nothing to Wood.

JonBenét Ramsey Family Attorney on Ex-Boulder DA's Subpoena in CBS Suit

October 25, 2018

"District Attorney Alex Hunter won't do anything to exonerate CBS in a $750 million lawsuit filed by Burke in December 2016.

To the contrary, Atlanta-based attorney Lin Wood thinks that Hunter's deposition would only undermine the assertion in the CBS program The Case of: JonBenét Ramsey that Burke killed his sister when he was nine and she was six, which he characterizes as both defamatory and utterly unsupported by facts.

"I believe Mr. Hunter was professionally and personally outraged by tabloid accusations made against Burke in 1999 while he was the district attorney," Wood notes in a Q&A below, "and I expect that he is equally outraged by the accusations made against this young man by CBS."

LW, Q&A

"What is the current status of the lawsuit, and can you provide a general timeline of what will happen next?

The parties are in the final stages of document production and are also actively taking depositions. Discovery will likely be complete by mid-2019. I expect CBS will thereafter follow standard media defense strategy by filing a motion for summary judgment. I am confident that such a motion will be unsuccessful and the case will move to a jury trial in late 2019 or early 2020"

JonBenét ate fresh pineapple about 1-2 hours before her death.

In February, 1998, detectives from the Boulder police department asked their assistance in conducting an analysis of the contents from the intestine obtained during the autopsy. At the initial examination, Coroner Meyer had suspected that the retrieved substance was pineapple fragments. The bowl of pineapple detectives found on the dining room table at the Ramsey residence the morning of December 26 had been taken into evidence that morning and frozen for future comparison studies. After examining the two samples, the biology professors confirmed that the intestinal substance were pineapple, and that both this specimen and the pineapple found in the bowl contained portions of the outer rind of the fruit.

The study also identified both samples as being fresh pineapple not canned. The conclusion of the two professors was that there were no distinctive differences between that found in the bowl and that removed from the intestines. - Bonita papers

Steve Thomas also mentioned these two CU professors in his book.

Dr. David Norris and Dr. Jane Bock were the two forensic botanists/Colorado University professors that evaluated the intestinal contents of JBR stomach. The pair are very well known in their field and have authored the book FORENSIC PLANT SCIENCE. This is a passage from their book:

“On Christmas Day, 1996, the body of 6-year-old JonBenet Ramsey was discovered in her family home in Boulder, CO, sparking an intense investigation that has yet to result in an arrest for her murder. Although her stomach contained no food, intestinal contents verified that she had eaten pineapple the night before as mentioned by her parents. Fresh pineapple contains unique crystals (raphides) not found in most commonly eaten foods, making it relatively easy to distinguish. We were also asked to compare wood fragments found in tissues examined at autopsy with a possible source found at the crime scene. Later, a Grand Jury did issue an indictment, but the Boulder District Attorney chose to disregard the indictment as he believed he could not get a conviction with the evidence available at that time.”

Last edited:
I guess they weren’t aware of all the circumstances of the case?

Regardless, it’s important to note that scientific testing was done on the pineapple that was in her duodenum, and that it was determined to be fresh pineapple from the bowl that was on the kitchen table. This fruit cocktail business is irrelevant to that fact.

Cottonstar,
ITA. Its smoke and mirrors from JR, he knows the pineapple blows a hole in his version of events so a Fruit Cocktail is served up as dessert by the defense.

The unique crystals evidence demolishes JR's Fruit Cocktail since it links the contents of the bowl with JonBenet's stomach.

Bring It On CBS !

Not so fast. This is actually favorable to CBS.

An online register of actions in the case shows that Judge David A. Groner signed an order of dismissal on Wednesday, and that a settlement conference set for March 20 has been canceled, with the notation "case disposed."

A clerk in Groner's office on Friday said the order declares that the claims against those producing the documentary "are dismissed with prejudice and without costs or attorney fees. This is a final order and the case is closed."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back