Burke Ramsey Files 750 Million Dollar Lawsuit Against CBS #2

JonBenet Ramsey's brother, CBS settle $750M defamation suit
UPDATED: 01/04/2019 02:23:37 PM MST
[...]
"The parties have reached an amicable resolution of their differences and will have no further comment," said a statement attributed to spokesperson for producers of the program, "The Case of: JonBenet Ramsey," which aired in September 2016.

The statement added that no other information would be forthcoming.

[...]

Hey Everyone,

Notice Wood is not crowing about the "settlement". Even if a lawyer can't mention amounts of money when these cases are settled they certainly can discuss the money in a generic sense.

The fact that there is zero fanfare from Lin Wood shows me with an almost 100 percent certainty that zero money changed hands. Or if money did change hands it was a very small amount. I am assuming it was much less than what it would have cost for CBS to go to court.

Did CBS agree not to show the documentary again? If that were the case Wood would have been yelling from the roof of his law firm.

Did CBS admit any guilt? No

What did Burke get out of this? ZERO that I can see.

I was hoping CBS would take this all the way to trial but hey, what can you do?

Don't look at this as being a big win for Lin Wood and the Ramseys. It's just the opposite in my opinion.
No admitted guilt,
Was money given to Wood? Don't know but my guess is no.
CBS can show the documentary again as far as I can tell. You would think if Lin Wood could have proven all the lies
he claimed was in the show he would have done his best to take this suit to court.

Notice how Lin Wood NEVER goes all the way to court to defend the Ramseys?

Just Sayin'

Tricia

I'm sure John loved the CBS series. It didn't mention anything about his fibers having been found in his daughter's pubic area. He's finally been rendered a background character, involved in only "staging" while the murder is being blamed on a 9 yr. old. Whether or not John got paid, I'm sure he's laughing his butt off.

The headline in the black box is misleading.

This cas was not settled as I read it. The judge dismissed it. In my thinking/belief there is a major difference in the use of these two words, settled and dismissed.

Settle leads one to immediately believe there was a monetary payment. Judge dismissed says the judge didn’t think the case had substance to be pursued.

The headline in the black box is misleading.

This cas was not settled as I read it. The judge dismissed it. In my thinking/belief there is a major difference in the use of these two words, settled and dismissed.

Settle leads one to immediately believe there was a monetary payment. Judge dismissed says the judge didn’t think the case had substance to be pursued.
That’s assuming a lot about verbiage. Most likely their electronic filing system doesn’t have a separate “settled” category, only “dismissed”.

Burke Ramsey probably wouldn’t drop his suit without at least having his attorney fees paid. So this is almost certainly a settlement in which CBS is paying something to somebody. And likely the terms are confidential, so his attorney wouldn’t be able to “crow from the rooftops” as another post put it.

My guess - payment of court costs by CBS plus some additional sum, agreement by CBS not to re-air the program or make it available on online platforms, and no further statements or press conferences about the case or settlement, by either side.

Now if we do see the program show up again on CBS All Access or whatever platform, then it would be a win for CBS. But if the thing remains shelved, that’s a win for Burke. JMHO

A statement was released Friday from a spokesperson for producers of The Case of: JonBenet Ramsey, stating that 'The parties have reached an amicable resolution of their differences and will have no further comment,' according to the Daily Camera.

Burke's lawyer, Lin Wood, told Reuters that, 'the case has been amicably resolved to the satisfaction of all parties.'

He later tweeted: 'After handling many defamation cases for them over the past 20 years, hopefully this is my last defamation case for this fine family.'

CBS and brother of JonBenet Ramsey settle $750m defamation lawsuit to 'satisfaction of both parties' | Daily Mail Online

I would love to know the reason behind this and the benefits of it for each party.

Wow, that's disappointing. Maybe CBS just has too much else going on with Les Moonves to want to embroil themselves in any more drama.
maybe there is no proof to back it up?? Not that is't not true however.

the media are still peddling burke settles in lawsuit.

so damn maddening as usual the truth is obscured to protect their family reputation.:confused:

the case was dismissed :rolleyes:
lets not let truth or reality screw up the narrative here .
team ramsey got the story out first .that is all and lazy journalism keeps the charade playing.

moo

The case was dismissed BECAUSE it was settled. The parties "reached an amicable resolution":
JonBenet Ramsey's brother settles $750M defamation suit against CBS
"The parties have reached an amicable resolution of their differences and will have no further comment," said a statement attributed to spokesperson for producers of the program, "The Case of: JonBenet Ramsey," which aired in September 2016.

JonBenet Ramsey's brother, CBS settle $750M defamation suit
UPDATED: 01/04/2019 02:23:37 PM MST
[...]

The statement added that no other information would be forthcoming.

[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knownstranger07
Back