CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #24 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t imagine LE is thrilled about the release of her name if she was intended to be a protected witness. Not sure there can even be such a thing anymore.
They had to have known it was inevitable. There was no way that this would remain a secret for long.

Not with a case this high profile.

I’m surprised that her identity was protected by the media until now, as her name is old news in some parts.

If KK did not hide the relationship, as it seems she did not, then she evidently thought it was a legit one. Whereas if she had kept it to herself, who knows, maybe her name would not have come out?

He was unmarried, and as we know, telling different things to different people. She was divorced. Maybe it was a legit relationship, from her viewpoint?
Her name came out because of that ping in Gooding. PF could have tons of women in different places, and no one is sleuthing them.

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
NEW DETAILS: Sanders Law Firm, the lawyers representing Berreth's parents, released a brief statement on the wrongful death lawsuit against Patrick Frazee. #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee @KOAA

DwKbTVyUUAAYwcj.jpg

Yay, we’re back! We certainly had a lot of news yesterday and last night about KK ... it appears the public release of her name coincided with the release of the affidavit to PF. I’m assuming LE may be working with her, and were protecting her in the beginning. Of course, I’d love to know if KK is being cooperative or resistant, so maybe we’ll hear more soon. In the meantime, I wonder if PF slept well last night, or is he starting to realize LE knows more than he’d like them to know? I do find it surprising that any female would work hand in hand with a murderer, no matter how close their relationship may have been. If she’s involved, she is not only destroying her own future, but she had two children that will be affected. Thank you to all who are so on top of everything in this case ... it’s so helpful to come here where everything is easily available.

Yay, we’re back! We certainly had a lot of news yesterday and last night about KK ... it appears the public release of her name coincided with the release of the affidavit to PF. I’m assuming LE may be working with her, and were protecting her in the beginning. Of course, I’d love to know if KK is being cooperative or resistant, so maybe we’ll hear more soon. In the meantime, I wonder if PF slept well last night, or is he starting to realize LE knows more than he’d like them to know? I do find it surprising that any female would work hand in hand with a murderer, no matter how close their relationship may have been. If she’s involved, she is not only destroying her own future, but she had two children that will be affected. Thank you to all who are so on top of everything in this case ... it’s so helpful to come here where everything is easily available.
I'm still hoping against hope in the goodness of people that she went to LE once she realized what had happened. I still believe that most people are good and kind, and given her choice of professions I'm in the hopes that she got suckered like every other female in PF's life and she is fully cooperating with LE. She may have been the one they were trying to protect.

Could the wrongful death suit be being brought forward now because CB has custody of the child at this point, custody which at this point is fluid? Would CB still have the same standing if custody were eventually awarded to the Frazee family? I keep trying to understand why the need to file now since it's not common to do so.

My first post in this thread I believe was how I’d never heard of a “false ping” in any other cases. I’m glad this turned out be a legitimate ping for not only this case, but others as well, because if “false pings” exist then this obviously creates a challenge for all cases. Hope that made sense.

Last edited:
We are really fortunate to have several attorneys here on KB's forum.

@gitana1, @PrairieWind, @Mercedes, @riolove77, if/as you have time, could you please share your insights about whether and how the B's civil suit will impact the criminal investigation?

My (very limited) understanding of how it works is that the civil and criminal cases should be conducted as parallel investigations, i.e., like railroad tracks, running side by side but never touching. Is that correct? Can evidence/discovery be shared between the 2 or would that jeopardize the criminal case?

Last edited:
Berreth’s parents file wrongful death suit against fiancé

The wrongful death suit makes me think of succinylcholine that immobilizes an animal or person to a point where they know everything that’s going on but can’t react, respond or move to protect themselves in any way. If he had access to veterinary drugs or sources that could supply him with such....then I’m completely shattered for KBs family. Utterly.

“Succinylcholine is safely used each day during surgical procedures to paralyze patients. This drug causes total muscle relaxation. Unfortunately, when insufficient doses of sedatives are used, paralyzing agents like succinylcholine are also the drugs responsible for anesthesia awareness.

But exposure to succinylcholine and its terrifying effects has a sinister history. In the 1960s and 1970s, this drug was used as an experimental form of aversion therapy. In the ’60s, patients in Atascadero State Hospital—a maximum security clinic for mentally ill and criminally insane males that is still open—were chosen for therapy if they exhibited “acting out” behaviors. Succinylcholine was administered with the goal of initiating paralysis . . . and a brief (one-minute) period of apnea (breathing cessation). Patients remained completely conscious but totally helpless as doctors lectured them about their behavioral issues.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288