CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #24 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!!! So glad you joined in on the thread! You worded my thought much better than I did.

I would hope if someone was involved with the plan of murder they would be in custody. That is what is confusing to me, disposing of KB’s phone seems like it would be a criminal offense itself. How much did she know??? I’m sure we will find out....I’m just hung up on it.
Makes me wonder if there is another person or two involved in this, and IN is singing like a canary. Might explain why no arrest yet, if at all, of her.

In my opinion, if the police find evidence of blood (or evidence blood was cleaned), they would take photos and swabs for DNA processing. (They would not take chunks of wall board). If there is evidence of a bullet hole, they would probably take a slab of wall board, not because they need to, but it would be a powerful piece to sway a jury. Maybe they saw a bullet hole and would have to take the piece of wall board/or other boards to recover a bullet. No mention if PK had any guns/silencers.

They do take chunks of wall board, particularly when they are looking for splatter pattern and want to renact. Angles of pictures etc aren't accurate enough and can be questioned as to the realisticness. Pictures aren't enough for evidence, they want the real thing. Also if they want to take a closer look for small amounts of matter, and dna.

Berreth, who had attended flight school and worked as an instructor in Washington, got to know Frazee some time before moving to Colorado in 2016.

Family: Kelsey Berreth moved to Colorado to be closer to Frazee

She was married, but she petitioned for divorce from her husband in 2016 and indicated there was a minor child in the marriage, according to Idaho court records. They had two children together.

KK: 5 fast facts you need to know

I think they( KK/PF ) have known each other for longer then 2 years.
I think she was at the Frazee residence for thansgiving.
I think she has been in the presence of KB/ daughter.
I think there will be lots more to come.
Wonder if KK’s ex will file for custody.

One think I have wondered about was when did Kelsey pick up Daughter when she got off of work for the thansgiving weekend.

Wondered if she got home late wednesday
made the cinnamon buns before going to get Daughter then to the store, or did she get her wednesday on her way home.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's really really unlikely. It's very hard to get any drugs like that. Many people think hospitals are like the old days when staff could walk through the pharmaceutical area and get things. It's much more difficult these days. It does happen with things like demerol and pre-op drugs, but usually in places like wards where they do cardiac caths not in the ward KK worked in. Typically when people steal those meds they do so by drawing off the drug and then replacing it with water. So you'd have to have the ability to be alone in an area with no chance someone could walk through. Surgical wards are wide open, lots of staff walking through, families are sometimes present and the pre-op meds are sometimes handled by the anesthesiologist (I'm not sure how it works where KK works). Drugs are also locked up, even waste has to be witnessed by someone else and recorded. I'd really be surprised if she were able to attain something like that through her job.
Isn't succinylcholine a drug given during pre-op? The one article described her as a "pre-op nurse".

Last edited:
Makes me wonder if there is another person or two involved in this, and IN is singing like a canary. Might explain why no arrest yet, if at all, of her.

She has been talking to the police for a very long time, (prior to christmas-ref Nancy Grace Dec 26 webcast) and no arrest has happened. It makes me think it won't because she got a deal or is working on a deal. i do think they are probably also talking to the other person or persons who were solicited and who knows what will happen there.

I wasn't thinking about IN, and I don't think Yellow Rose was either. This stuff is used by vets for animal surgeries.
My eyes were actually on him with veterinary medicine but I left it open for speculation as to who had access.
Gotcha! I'm not sure about what is allowed for those who are farriers. It may have to be obtained and administered by a veterinarian.

Berreth’s parents file wrongful death suit against fiancé

The wrongful death suit makes me think of succinylcholine that immobilizes an animal or person to a point where they know everything that’s going on but can’t react, respond or move to protect themselves in any way. If he had access to veterinary drugs or sources that could supply him with such....then I’m completely shattered for KBs family. Utterly.

“Succinylcholine is safely used each day during surgical procedures to paralyze patients. This drug causes total muscle relaxation. Unfortunately, when insufficient doses of sedatives are used, paralyzing agents like succinylcholine are also the drugs responsible for anesthesia awareness.

But exposure to succinylcholine and its terrifying effects has a sinister history. In the 1960s and 1970s, this drug was used as an experimental form of aversion therapy. In the ’60s, patients in Atascadero State Hospital—a maximum security clinic for mentally ill and criminally insane males that is still open—were chosen for therapy if they exhibited “acting out” behaviors. Succinylcholine was administered with the goal of initiating paralysis . . . and a brief (one-minute) period of apnea (breathing cessation). Patients remained completely conscious but totally helpless as doctors lectured them about their behavioral issues.”
I’m confused. Why does the wrongful death suit remind you of that? The language in that suit was very boilerplate - it gave away absolutely nothing as far as details, IMHO.

Perhaps this is the reason the Berreths have filed a civil case, to obtain discovery docs? Speculation on my behalf of course.
One if the verified attorneys said in the last thread it would be illegal during the criminal investigation. Also if CB is a witness in the criminal trial, and certain details indicate she will be, LE cannot share anything with her. JMO they can ask for everything after the criminal trial.

ETA: Read PrairieWind's concerns last thread pages 57-61. This below is post#1129 page 57 thread#23:

"The prosecutor can have NO involvement with this civil case. If they were it could seriously jeopardize the criminal case. I bet this is a total surprise to the prosecutors."

Last edited:
She has been talking to the police for a very long time, (prior to christmas-ref Nancy Grace Dec 26 webcast) and no arrest has happened. It makes me think it won't because she got a deal or is working on a deal. i do think they are probably also talking to the other person or persons who were solicited and who knows what will happen there.
That makes sense. There must be others involved, NG found out about KK somehow.

Berreth, who had attended flight school and worked as an instructor in Washington, got to know Frazee some time before moving to Colorado in 2016.

Family: Kelsey Berreth moved to Colorado to be closer to Frazee

She was married, but she petitioned for divorce from her husband in 2016 and indicated there was a minor child in the marriage, according to Idaho court records. They had two children together.

https://heavy.com/news/2019/01/krystal-jean-lee-kenney-idaho/

I think they( KK/PF ) have known each other for longer then 2 years.
I think she was at the Frazee residence for thansgiving.
I think she has been in the presence of KB/ daughter.
I think there will be lots more to come.
Wonder if KK’s ex will file for custody.

One think I have wondered about was when did Kelsey pick up Daughter when she got off of work for the thansgiving weekend.

Wondered if she got home late wednesday
made the cinnamon buns before going to get Daughter then to the store, or did she get her wednesday on her way home.

I don’t have proof, but based off of CB’s description of the morning and the brother saying “they” had the rolls for breakfast, I think baby K was with KB the night before. MOO

Totally conjecture, but I also think this was the norm. KB picking baby K up after work and most nights with KB. Again, no evidence just speculation.

I think you are right.....I just hope if her involvement is more than disposing of the cell phone then she is facing some type of charges. Maybe she went to LE right after hearing of KB being missing. For all we know PF gave her the phone Stating KB went “missing again” and asked if she would send the messages to buy KB time until PF could locate her. I’m not thinking that is the case however.

MOO

Gotcha! I'm not sure about what is allowed for those who are farriers. It may have to be obtained and administered by a veterinarian.
Yes you are correct. But I've been in the horse world for many
years and there is a long standing problem of horse trainers
having access to illicit drugs in the show world and racing world.
No direct experience w/ farriers or horse dentists administering illegal drugs but it wouldn't
surprise me.

I think you are right.....I just hope if her involvement is more than disposing of the cell phone then she is facing some type of charges. Maybe she went to LE right after hearing of KB being missing. For all we know PF gave her the phone Stating KB went “missing again” and asked if she would send the messages to buy KB time until PF could locate her. I’m not thinking that is the case however.

MOO
It does seem that Kelsey was in a vipers nest. Between PF and his family, his "mistress" what PF was telling the community and the solicitations of murder, I'm just sick.

...I keep trying to understand why the need to file now since it's not common to do so.

Maybe one of the attorneys could clarify but it seems like I read that in the CW case, one reason that SW’s parents filed a civil suit was to tie up any money he might make from future books, films, etc. Although at the time I did not understand that because I didn’t think that a convicted criminal could profit from crimes.

So I suppose my question is, could part of the lawsuit be geared to helping secure the baby’s future, including custody as more facts are revealed?

I may be way off base. Just curious.

Perhaps this is the reason the Berreths have filed a civil case, to obtain discovery docs? Speculation on my behalf of course.
I was just going to post the same thing as that thought occurred to me as well. That would be a bonus to filing it. imo

The prosecution acknowledges the defendant has the authority to invoke his medical privilege for “all medical and psychiatric, including drug or alcohol treatment privileges.” Therefore, the prosecution shall not seek to obtain such privileged records. However, the court finds the defendant may not have the right or authority to invoke “all privileges in school, military, probation, prison, social services, or other records in which the Defendant has a confidentiality expectation.”

https://www.courts.state.co.us/user...ory, Caselaw and Constitutional Privilege.pdf

In this video- starting around 10:53, a guy persists with his question if there is an ongoing search for her body. Something about the way she answered gave me the feeling it was an uncomfortable question for her. She seemed to lose her poker face for a second and was briefly shook by having to answer. She made it quick and turned away. It made me wonder if they know there is no body to be found at this point.

MOO

If LE and the B family were shown the following two hypothetical options, I strongly believe number 2 would be chosen.

1) KK is somehow involved in planning and destroying phone and possibly purse. Charges are filed against her, but she won’t talk, so there is not enough evidence to prosecute PF.

Or

2) There is evidence to prosecute KK for destroying evidence and possibly for some involvement in planning the murder. She is not charged or pleas down to very little charges, but gives enough evidence to be able to prosecute PF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave